The Level Playing Field Event

Started 12 Sep 2020
by CowwoC
in Ask the Team
Can you share any more detail on this please?

Some things come to mind:
    > How does the group finder works?
    > Do people simply port into the BG and have to build their group on their own and start roaming?
    > How do you prevent that one realm is dominating?
    > How do you prevent that some classes don't get grouped?(long waiting time on the last event if you are not a healer)
    > How do you make sure that enough people play a support class?(a working group set up)
    > Will people get ported to the next instance automatically when they reach the level cap of the current instance?
    > What does "RP until RR 5 is tripled" mean exactly?(i might be dumb here dunno)
    > If you get an LD or if you log out, can you still participate afterwards?(getting ported out by an error)
    > Are there vaults, merchants and trainer in the instances?

Others might want to add some additional questions here.

PS: It's kinda sad that you might have to delete an existing toon which is higher than level 1 rather than being able to participate on the event with that toon. It's probably due to the fact that you don't want people to bring existing gear or loot into the instances, but i'm sure there would be a solution for that as well. Considering how hard some classes are to level, it would have been nice to continue on them while being able to be part of that event. But also regardless the class, this might hurt existing toons - since you are probably still faster on gaining xp and now even rp on that event.

THX - for the new event!
Sat 12 Sep 2020 1:09 PM by shintacki
No realm is going to dominate, its a PvP event which means realm doesn't matter.

Triple RPs means that until rr5 you will get 3x more RPs per kill than you normally would.

It has been stated that there will be arrow and poison merchants in a safe zone, not sure about vaults but I would guess not. I imagine there will also be a master trainer in the safe zone for respeccing purposes.

Why on earth would you have to delete an existing toon? You get like 100 character slots per realm or something like that, you telling me you have 100 alts per realm?
Sat 12 Sep 2020 1:19 PM by Uthred
We are planning to open a suggestion & feedback thread when we start the first test, but will answer some of your questions here:

- no group finder, people have to build groups on their own in the safe zone (cross realm groups)
- it is PvP, everyone not in your group is your enemy. no realm can dominate though
- it is the players choice what they want to play, we wont do anything to "influence" this
- as soon as you hit a new level, which is the next level range for an instance you will get phased into it instantly
- rp is tripled: if a kill would give you 200 rps, it will give you 600 rps there as an example
- as long as you dont leave the event zone, you can log out and log in at a later point without any issues
- no vaults, as we want players only to have the equipment that they get during the event. it will have arrow & poison merchants, a hastener, smith, master trainer
Sat 12 Sep 2020 7:19 PM by CowwoC
shintacki wrote:
Sat 12 Sep 2020 1:09 PM
Why on earth would you have to delete an existing toon?

Because you can't participate on the event with them.
If that event is any close to the last event you will xp way faster there and additionally to that you even gain rp. Now compare this with the tradiotional way to earn xp - which will be almost non-existent during the event anyway. Again, some classes xp poorly compared to others, because they rarely get a group. This means even if i have a toon in the mid 30s i would delete and reroll it, if the xp gain is as fast as the last time. You also can keep your toon name this way and you probably would not play the toon you already got anyway, if you roll the same class for that event(at least i would not).

Uthred wrote: We are planning to open a suggestion & feedback thread when we start the first test, but will answer some of your questions here:

- no group finder, people have to build groups on their own in the safe zone (cross realm groups)
- it is PvP, everyone not in your group is your enemy. no realm can dominate though
- it is the players choice what they want to play, we wont do anything to "influence" this
- as soon as you hit a new level, which is the next level range for an instance you will get phased into it instantly
- rp is tripled: if a kill would give you 200 rps, it will give you 600 rps there as an example
- as long as you dont leave the event zone, you can log out and log in at a later point without any issues
- no vaults, as we want players only to have the equipment that they get during the event. it will have arrow & poison merchants, a hastener, smith, master trainer

Thank you for clarifying Uthred.
How does the phasing work if half of your team reaches the next level range but the other do not, do you get ported back to the safe zone to rebuild your group?
No vaults means that there will be not much good rogs? Otherwise it would be a waste to delete them if the inventory gets full, no? Regarding the "group finding" i still think this can be a huge flaw for classes who are simply not really the "meta" - at least at higher levels - and i don't even mean sneak classes by that. We probably will see rarely any full tanks, maybe even not much hybrids but a ton of caster - but this will turn out at the event and i could be wrong.
Sat 12 Sep 2020 7:45 PM by tommccartney
Maybe there could be a Character Vault but no Account Vault, just incase there are a few nice RoG’s worth hanging on to ? Having access to a Character Vault wouldn’t bring any advantages in terms of gearing up etc
Sat 12 Sep 2020 7:52 PM by Helwyr
Why are characters getting triple realm points for participating in a crossrealming event that has nothing to do with actual RvR? Also not all classes are reliant on equipment as others, having to rely on ROGs dropped in the event sounds like it will heavily favor casters over melee... hardly a "level playing field." The whole event is sounding more and more like a poor choice of use of developers resources... granted it's theirs to waste, but still it's disappointing.
Sat 12 Sep 2020 8:32 PM by Gohanssj
only up to RR5 and on news chars, essentially a free (or subsidized) RR5 which will only improve the health or RvR in the long run for casual players
Sat 12 Sep 2020 8:58 PM by tommccartney
Helwyr wrote:
Sat 12 Sep 2020 7:52 PM
Why are characters getting triple realm points for participating in a crossrealming event that has nothing to do with actual RvR? Also not all classes are reliant on equipment as others, having to rely on ROGs dropped in the event sounds like it will heavily favor casters over melee... hardly a "level playing field." The whole event is sounding more and more like a poor choice of use of developers resources... granted it's theirs to waste, but still it's disappointing.

I think the event sounds awesum ! Everything will have stats all over the place, casters with low hits and shit resists will drop fast
Sat 12 Sep 2020 9:00 PM by gotwqqd
Helwyr wrote:
Sat 12 Sep 2020 7:52 PM
Agree
I’m assuming you get to keep these characters
And they will roar by other players RR in a short time due to x3
Sun 13 Sep 2020 12:01 AM by Bradekes
So this event will be full of archers and built 8mans.. I will probably not even try this.. just hope it doesn't make the rest of the game empty for the week.
Sun 13 Sep 2020 4:04 AM by Forlornhope
Bradekes wrote:
Sun 13 Sep 2020 12:01 AM
So this event will be full of archers and built 8mans.. I will probably not even try this.. just hope it doesn't make the rest of the game empty for the week.

It will be built five mans, since there's a group limit. But, your point is still valid.
Sun 13 Sep 2020 8:20 AM by Bradekes
Well I want somebody to make a team with painworking necro, cave shammy, matter caby, mana ment, bard. 4 aoe stacking dot classes+ unbreakable aoe snare
Tue 15 Sep 2020 8:49 AM by Lev
my opinion.

set max at lvl49 to be able to parcipitate in this event. as you level to 50, you'll "be phased" away.
why? if you can stay in the event zone with lvl50, no one will like to leave before RR5 (probably even afterwards). it pratically forces people to stay there, because it will so much easier to get RP compared to real rvr. of course, premade 5man teams run by experienced small man players will completely dominate /autogroup teams. so yeah, some players will leave due to frustration.

@devs: the math is this?
to level to lvl50 you need to kill exactly 1274 players (for grouped players). this is if the formula for xp is fixed and the various multipliers have no effect.
Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:26 AM by Uthred
Please use this thread, so all feedback and infos is to be found in one thread

--> https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/suggestions/26080-a-level-playing-field-feedback-suggestions
Fri 18 Sep 2020 3:16 PM by chryso
CowwoC wrote:
Sat 12 Sep 2020 7:19 PM
shintacki wrote:
Sat 12 Sep 2020 1:09 PM
Why on earth would you have to delete an existing toon?

Because you can't participate on the event with them.

Do you not realize that you can have 100 toons per realm?
Sun 20 Sep 2020 2:18 PM by Halceim
Hi All,

I took part of the Playing Field Event and as I relesed, there was the Message "You have no valid bindpoint! Releasing here instead!"
Now I'm in Gothwaite
Is there any chance to be get back with that Char to the Event?

Char: Rawymi
Sun 20 Sep 2020 4:32 PM by Bradekes
Halceim wrote:
Sun 20 Sep 2020 2:18 PM
Hi All,

I took part of the Playing Field Event and as I relesed, there was the Message "You have no valid bindpoint! Releasing here instead!"
Now I'm in Gothwaite
Is there any chance to be get back with that Char to the Event?

Char: Rawymi

Cause you clicked release bind instead of regular release when you died. I don't think they'll let you back in
Sun 20 Sep 2020 5:54 PM by Halceim
I'm not sure if I misss clicked, but it should be disabled if you are in such an event Zone.
If you go to a porter and click to leave and there is a warning that you can't get back in it's OK, but release and being out has a bad taste.
Mon 21 Sep 2020 11:08 AM by dbeattie71
Lev wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 8:49 AM
my opinion.

set max at lvl49 to be able to parcipitate in this event. as you level to 50, you'll "be phased" away.
why? if you can stay in the event zone with lvl50, no one will like to leave before RR5 (probably even afterwards). it pratically forces people to stay there, because it will so much easier to get RP compared to real rvr. of course, premade 5man teams run by experienced small man players will completely dominate /autogroup teams. so yeah, some players will leave due to frustration.

@devs: the math is this?
to level to lvl50 you need to kill exactly 1274 players (for grouped players). this is if the formula for xp is fixed and the various multipliers have no effect.

Yeah, no pots sucks because the premade groups have bard and another heal. Our scrub group came close to beating a few but without endo/heals lost. My main is a cleric so I didn’t want to do healer but n event. In that regard, the playing field isn’t level.
Mon 21 Sep 2020 11:10 AM by dbeattie71
Halceim wrote:
Sun 20 Sep 2020 5:54 PM
I'm not sure if I misss clicked, but it should be disabled if you are in such an event Zone.
If you go to a porter and click to leave and there is a warning that you can't get back in it's OK, but release and being out has a bad taste.

I played a sorc to 20, crashed and relogged to pyrd keep. Not sure how because the toon started in Goth. Ended up deleting and recreating to get back in. ☹️
Mon 21 Sep 2020 8:34 PM by tommccartney
Suggestion;

Implement an NPC merchant that sells Endurance Regen pots at a high price, (100g or something - so there’s no benefit to stockpiling them from the event appose to buying them from housing when the events over)

My reason for this suggestion is that melee classes are out of end and totally useless in auto groups, sprinting after a target and using a few styles renders a melee class useless. Plus casters start getting super strong at 35+ with CC etc. Might be a little counter balance.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics