Blademaster vs Ranger

Started 16 Sep 2020
by Losrenatus
in Hibernia
Hello all,

I have just a questions, where I did not found any topic yet.

Why are there not full melee ranger in grps? Melee for me is 50MH 50CD.

Both character does have the same RAs but ranger does have crit specc, so the damage output in higher rr should be much much higher.

Sure, BM could specc shield, this I understand totally, but lets take here also a 50/50 specc.

Is the damage lower in any reason of the ranger?

THX
Wed 16 Sep 2020 7:28 AM by Saroi
BM has a higher damage table so he does overall more damage(BM is at 22 and Ranger at 18). The Growth Rate for the Sidechain is higher, so also here more style damage to the already more weapon damage

BM: 0.77/1.00/1.25
Ranger: 0.68/0.88/0.90
Wed 16 Sep 2020 7:47 AM by Losrenatus
Ok, I understand Thank you.
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:59 PM by Cadebrennus
Losrenatus wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 7:47 AM
Ok, I understand Thank you.

Self buffed with PF a Ranger could be close to a pot buffed BM (something like 20-40 damage behind a BM), but if both are Druid buffed and the BM is buffed with DA from another class or a /use item the BM is ahead of the melee Ranger in terms of melee damage. Also, the BM has Shield (as noted before) also protect/guard/etc. and Climb Walls. Both are good peelers thanks to CD stun and snare (but BM is a little better due to Shield). Where the Ranger outshines the BM however is in the ranged interrupt game and can therefore be as versatile as a BM, but in a much different way.
Wed 16 Sep 2020 1:11 PM by inoeth
ranger has crit spec? what does that even mean?

you sure you are talking about rangers? sounds to me like you actually had nightshades in mind

on paper NS would be a great dmg dealer (cs styles, viper) and peeler (anytime snare, snare poison) but you lack of studded armor and stoic that makes you very vunerable.

if someone would try a setup with assassin in it i would recommend to do this on alb or mid since they normally already have a body debuffer in grp (for viper dots) and dont need a useless void eld xD
Thu 17 Sep 2020 6:12 AM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 1:11 PM
ranger has crit spec? what does that even mean?

you sure you are talking about rangers? sounds to me like you actually had nightshades in mind

on paper NS would be a great dmg dealer (cs styles, viper) and peeler (anytime snare, snare poison) but you lack of studded armor and stoic that makes you very vunerable.

if someone would try a setup with assassin in it i would recommend to do this on alb or mid since they normally already have a body debuffer in grp (for viper dots) and dont need a useless void eld xD

I would actually like someone to try and bring an Assassin to a tank train for the disease poison etc. plus spammable Garrote. Only downside though is longer CC and leather armor. That's another conversation for another thread though.
Fri 18 Sep 2020 6:31 AM by Noashakra
NS has a good sustained dps for solo, but their damage comes also from the dot which is useless in group settings because it's easy to heal.
If you want a debuff, take a champ, it brings more to the group. You can't spam garrot and sprint, the endurance cost is too high
The eld can already ae disease, much better.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics