Make GTAOE require LOS?

Started 10 Sep 2020
by lolhisup
in Open Community Votes
I think it was voted on in the past on whether or not to allow GTAOE to be cast without line of sight, I am wondering if this could be done again?
Thu 10 Sep 2020 8:51 PM by DinoTriz
Wouldn't that make it just a regular AOE spell then?

If I had to have LOS, I'd just use my AOE instead. It does more damage and it doesn't have a 6 second cooldown.
Thu 10 Sep 2020 8:55 PM by lolhisup
I would suggest some type of change then. Maybe increase recast time, reduce distance, maybe like the animist shroom nerf limit the amount of GTAOE per area, etc.. I am not a developer. Even if the LOS thing was implemented, it still differs from a targeted AoE because it can be cast without a enemy player/npc target, for what it's worth, not to be too technical. A la, try to see if a stealther is in the area, differing from a PBAOE.
Thu 10 Sep 2020 9:03 PM by DinoTriz
The spells themselves are tucked away in spec lines that aren't very popular, in classes that aren't very popular. The GTAOE spells essentially have one situational use. Sure, they can be devastating when people team up and coordinate but I'd say you shouldn't punish people when they use good strategy.
Thu 10 Sep 2020 9:20 PM by lolhisup
That is the case for Hib and for Mid. On Alb it is the go to spec that everybody uses and on top of this, there are so many Wizards because they are strong in PvE for leveling with Ice spec and so it is quick and a lot easier to level a Wizard than other classes because Ice spec is so desired in xp groups, so you have a million Wizards with a million GTAOE.

A hard change to GTAOE might create a new problem but maybe there is a way to tone it down so it isn't so strong, imo.
Fri 11 Sep 2020 7:08 AM by Centenario
Just give it 90sec cooldown like the volley for archers.
Sat 12 Sep 2020 4:45 PM by boridi
Centenario wrote:
Fri 11 Sep 2020 7:08 AM

Sure, as soon as they make GTAE do >400 dmg + DOT proc like volley
Tue 15 Sep 2020 12:21 PM by Nunki
Centenario wrote:
Fri 11 Sep 2020 7:08 AM
I haven't played for quite some time.
But I would focus the limitations on the target itself.

- Only get hit by GTAE as long as you are in los to the gtae.
- Make target immune to gtae damage/rupt for duration X (e.g. 10 seconds) after getting hit by gtae damage.
- Probably move Wizard GTAE from Earth to Cold line. Earth line is totally stuffed with utility up to the point where I would call it OP.

The core problem is that the gtae damage of X enemies (mostly hordes of earth wizards) accumulates to a serious amount of damage AND avoiding any kind of regeneration during defense, causing deaths without actual contact. Add a huge amount of pets (especially Neco servants) aggroing INTO the keep and you die just by gtae damage and rupt.
Tue 15 Sep 2020 12:49 PM by gotwqqd
Way overblown
As was the volley crying and nerf
Tue 15 Sep 2020 2:29 PM by DinoTriz
Nunki wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 12:21 PM

- Make target immune to gtae damage/rupt for duration X (e.g. 10 seconds) after getting hit by gtae damage.
- Probably move Wizard GTAE from Earth to Cold line. Earth line is totally stuffed with utility up to the point where I would call it OP.

The core problem is that the gtae damage of X enemies (mostly hordes of earth wizards) accumulates to a serious amount of damage AND avoiding any kind of regeneration during defense, causing deaths without actual contact. Add a huge amount of pets (especially Neco servants) aggroing INTO the keep and you die just by gtae damage and rupt.

Sounds like the problem is Earth Wizards, not GTAOE.

Move their GTAOE to Fire (like it should be - like the other realms, into their bolt line)

Solved.
Tue 15 Sep 2020 9:00 PM by gotwqqd
DinoTriz wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 2:29 PM
Nunki wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 12:21 PM

Sounds like the problem is Earth Wizards, not GTAOE.

Move their GTAOE to Fire (like it should be - like the other realms, into their bolt line)

Solved.
Wrong
It’s only a Hib pointing this out, as Albs complained about Pilz Zerg and gtaoe being op and insurmountable.
Kids don’t complain because they have nothing to do with tower/keep fights currently.
Thu 17 Sep 2020 8:49 PM by Gildar
lolhisup wrote:
Thu 10 Sep 2020 9:20 PM
That is the case for Hib and for Mid. On Alb it is the go to spec that everybody uses and on top of this, there are so many Wizards because they are strong in PvE for leveling with Ice spec and so it is quick and a lot easier to level a Wizard than other classes because Ice spec is so desired in xp groups, so you have a million Wizards with a million GTAOE.

A hard change to GTAOE might create a new problem but maybe there is a way to tone it down so it isn't so strong, imo.

Yes

Gtaoe is a problem only because is on earth wiz line ... move in cold line and problem is solved.

In Hib 90% of elds are mana ... so no Gtaoe
On Mid ... no problem.... rc rm is rare as penguins in Kenya...

So i Agree... the problem was the entire wizzy eaeth line
Thu 17 Sep 2020 9:17 PM by gotwqqd
Gildar wrote:
Thu 17 Sep 2020 8:49 PM
lolhisup wrote:
Thu 10 Sep 2020 9:20 PM

Yes

Gtaoe is a problem only because is on earth wiz line ... move in cold line and problem is solved.

In Hib 90% of elds are mana ... so no Gtaoe
On Mid ... no problem.... rc rm is rare as penguins in Kenya...

So i Agree... the problem was the entire wizzy eaeth line
Playing mid or alb, I was never at a loss for getting killed/harassed by hib gtaoe....
Thu 17 Sep 2020 10:48 PM by Bradekes
Earth wizards are ridiculous in siege fights.. they can interrupt with no LoS even though this was supposed to be fixed. So they interrupt the full lord room when your trying to take keep then come into view to ae dot the whole room..

To much cheese in siege fights vs alb if all the TWF doesn't get you all the gtaoe cheese will... if your not getting hit by these you're getting hit by catapults from all sides. Just constant unavoidable damage ticking your hp away
Sat 19 Sep 2020 12:28 PM by Messerjockel
The LOS starts from the point the GT is placed, not where the wizard stands.
Another thread talks about ground assist, who needs that?
It takes you a pen and paper and 15 minutes to get the coordinates of every level of a tower or keep.
As a hib it is annoying to be bombarded from catapults and gtaoe in a tower or a keep.
Especially the catapults are making defense very difficult.
On a side note, every keep should have at least one postern that defender can get in.

Flup, hib
Tue 22 Sep 2020 6:23 AM by Sepplord
Messerjockel wrote:
Sat 19 Sep 2020 12:28 PM
The LOS starts from the point the GT is placed, not where the wizard stands.
Another thread talks about ground assist, who needs that?
It takes you a pen and paper and 15 minutes to get the coordinates of every level of a tower or keep.
As a hib it is annoying to be bombarded from catapults and gtaoe in a tower or a keep.
Especially the catapults are making defense very difficult.
On a side note, every keep should have at least one postern that defender can get in.

Flup, hib

i keep reading those claims, yet NONE has ever mentioned how it is really done
everyone seems just to know how easy and simple it is, yet the knowledge is never shared.

As someone who doesn't zerg, nor plays an GTAOE-Class the information isn't crucial to me, but i always wonder why it is never spelled out when it (seems to be) is so easy
Tue 22 Sep 2020 8:03 AM by Freedomcall
Moving Wiz GTAOE to another spec line is actually quite interesting suggestion.

Moving it to cold line would make cold wiz too powerful though.
GTAOEing from outside, and bombing inside when door is down.
I'm pretty sure hibs/mids won't be happy with this happening.

Moving it to fire line looks interesting.
Most of the earth wizzies spec fire as 2nd spec(49earth 22fire), so they will lose red GTAOE but will still hold gray one.
Some might respec to fire wizz or go split spec(something like 41fire 35heat so that you get 30% heat debuff, 3 decent bolts, and yellow GTAOE).
On paper, moving GTAOE to fire line looks pretty charming, but also has a possibility of making fire wizzies too strong.
Wed 7 Oct 2020 10:18 PM by Gildar
Freedomcall wrote:
Tue 22 Sep 2020 8:03 AM

Most of the earth wizzies spec fire as 2nd spec(49earth 22fire), so they will lose red GTAOE but will still hold gray one.
Some might respec to fire wizz or go split spec(something like 41fire 35heat so that you get 30% heat debuff, 3 decent bolts, and yellow GTAOE).
On paper, moving GTAOE to fire line looks pretty charming, but also has a possibility of making fire wizzies too strong.

In fire split spec 41 fire and 35 heath you have serious resist issues ... anyway red gtaoe do around 100 dmg ... yellow ? 65 ? If not resisted ...and you lose completely the earth dot (and the debuff resist on same line) ... it is ok for me ! GO !

That's why , for example, in Hib elds go tri spec above 9L to be effective ... too low dmg and too many resist
Sun 11 Oct 2020 8:13 PM by Freedomcall
Gildar wrote:
Wed 7 Oct 2020 10:18 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
Tue 22 Sep 2020 8:03 AM

In fire split spec 41 fire and 35 heath you have serious resist issues ... anyway red gtaoe do around 100 dmg ... yellow ? 65 ? If not resisted ...and you lose completely the earth dot (and the debuff resist on same line) ... it is ok for me ! GO !

That's why , for example, in Hib elds go tri spec above 9L to be effective ... too low dmg and too many resist

No you don't get serious resist rates on phoenix thanks to Mastery of Focus.
Elds go tri spec above RR9? not really, cuz RR has nothing to do with resist rate.
I've ran my eld split spec literally since rr1 and resist rate is pretty manageable once you get moF3.
Eld is a very versatile class with lots of tools and you don't have to be obsessed with red-spec spells.

Anyway, yeah, moving GTAoE to fire line could be pretty interesting change.
Too many tools are focused on earth line atm compared to fire line.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics