Saturday Night - USA - Midgard Not 1 Battlegroup going

Started 2 Aug 2020
by Komaf
in RvR
Title speaks for itself. Hibernia presently has 4 BGs going, Albion 2, though near same pop as Hib and Midgard ZERO. Maybe it's an EU vs NA prime time thing, but what's up with Midgard that NA players don't want to log in?

It would be so cool and thoughtful and healthy for the game if the developers had a chance to look at something to give Mids a reason to log in during NA prime time.

Thanks.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 7:24 AM by Helwyr
Komaf wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 1:44 AM
Title speaks for itself. Hibernia presently has 4 BGs going, Albion 2, though near same pop as Hib and Midgard ZERO. Maybe it's an EU vs NA prime time thing, but what's up with Midgard that NA players don't want to log in?

It would be so cool and thoughtful and healthy for the game if the developers had a chance to look at something to give Mids a reason to log in during NA prime time.

Thanks.

Is it that Mids aren't logged on, or that they just want to run 8 and small man groups. Granted I don't play Mid on Phoenix, but from what I've observed in game and read here, is that the player base is a bit different on Mid, more weighted to those not interested in keep fighting, and more of the 8man crowd etc. not sure what you expect the developers to do about that. Something I've also noticed is EU players are more into fighting for keeps classic RvR stuff, for the Realm etc, while NA time zone is more roaming 8man etc as well so if your NA prime time player on Midgard that might be the most extreme anti BG/"zerg" place to be. Sunday is upon us maybe Midgard will do their Blue Sunday thing and have a BG with 200+ Mids in it to take back their relics.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 10:19 AM by Lollie
They are doing a hell of a job at the moment though.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 11:34 AM by boridi
We took two relics.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 12:16 PM by Gildar
Komaf wrote:

Hib 4 BG ???
Alb 2 BG ???

I on Hib see only 1 BG rvr running at a time ...
And also i dont have never seen 2 rvr alb BG ... only 1
But i can be wrong ...
Sun 2 Aug 2020 12:18 PM by Gildar
boridi wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 11:34 AM
We took two relics.

Work for Pilz Gilboom and Smap inc i guess
Sun 2 Aug 2020 4:45 PM by Komaf
Gildar wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 12:16 PM
Komaf wrote:

Hib 4 BG ???
Alb 2 BG ???

I on Hib see only 1 BG rvr running at a time ...
And also i dont have never seen 2 rvr alb BG ... only 1
But i can be wrong ...

Check my post time - though it's set to Euro server for some reason and not USA time. I logged in to play Mid at around 9 pm last night and saw no BG groups at all in RvR. There were about 117 level 50s listed (not anon). Alb and Hib had about 150+ listed per realm, with Hib having 4 BG's going in RvR zones, 2 for Alb, in RvR zones. Mid was turning green, and a few Mid 8 mans were just out messing around with questionable success.

So, it's not a Euro thing since there's a healthy population in Albion and Hibernia during U.S. prime-time. The point I wanted to make - and any veteran player knows full well the realm point and similar bonuses realms should get for being an underdog in a game based on RvR (or severe underdog) - is that it would be nice to see Midgard have some kind of underdog perk system, or any realm for that matter, in the event people aren't playing the game as intended.

The only LFG rvr related post I saw last night was, "Look at all the Hibs."

Then I went back to crafting.

I just wish the developers, as busy as I know they are, could make some considerations as I feel I'm one of the few folks that can speak on behalf of a select group of loyal Mid players that don't realm hop when bored.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 5:14 PM by Noashakra
Post this on mid is dying please.
They live in an alternate reality there and can't see the truth.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:45 AM by Sepplord
Komaf wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 4:45 PM

I just wish the developers, as busy as I know they are, could make some considerations as I feel I'm one of the few folks that can speak on behalf of a select group of loyal Mid players that don't realm hop when bored.

[...]

Komaf wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 4:45 PM

Instead of going back to crafting and speaking on the behalf of a select group (btw. do they know you are representing them?) why aren't you making a suggestion what "considerations" you are expecting from the developers?

Seriously, the whole post reeks of the laziness to put in own effort. "someone please fix my issue for me...oh, and i represent an important group so you shoud listen" just written in nicer words
Mon 3 Aug 2020 1:26 PM by rampancy
As a new daoc player, the mid advice channel is the least helpful and most trolly of all 3 realms, so I don't play there. Sure it doesn't resolve your issue, but it might also be putting off other people who might otherwise play there.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:34 PM by Gildar
rampancy wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 1:26 PM
As a new daoc player, the mid advice channel is the least helpful and most trolly of all 3 realms, so I don't play there. Sure it doesn't resolve your issue, but it might also be putting off other people who might otherwise play there.

Yes true.

Go read the treadh "I get my answers" (or similar title.... ) in mid forum ... the mids admit they are the most toxic realm out there
Tue 4 Aug 2020 11:39 AM by Noashakra
rampancy wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 1:26 PM

And then they tell you it's because the devs are not doing anything for mid...
Tue 4 Aug 2020 9:24 PM by Dariussdars
In Mid's defense, a lot of the /advice questions are the exact same questions asked every few minutes..

"How should I spec a Skald?"

"Why use hammer?"

"What's best spec for BD?"

All questions that can easily be researched by anyone who isn't completely lazy.
Tue 4 Aug 2020 9:47 PM by Ibs
Dariussdars wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 9:24 PM
In Mid's defense, a lot of the /advice questions are the exact same questions asked every few minutes..

"How should I spec a Skald?"

"Why use hammer?"

"What's best spec for BD?"

All questions that can easily be researched by anyone who isn't completely lazy.

Here's a hot take, turn off advice chat if that really bothers you, that's literally it's intent, ya know, advice? Otherwise, you're just a giant arse yourself, not them.

"It's easy to find this information online. Why would they use an in game tool that easily let's them ask everyone in their realm about a twenty year old mmo and it's obscure changes without documentation? Obviously everything they need to know is on ign or a 15 year old freddys forum post."
Wed 5 Aug 2020 7:30 AM by Noashakra
It's the same questions on hib, or alb.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 3:18 PM by opossum12
Honestly I've played all realms and Mid isn't different than Alb or Hib in terms of chat toxicity. Some people are helpful, some are not, all in relatively similar proportions.

I do wish some people would actually use Google and find info by themselves instead of asking relatively simple questions over and over again, but hey that's society for you.

What I do find, is that on Mid people actually seem to want to pug to form groups, looking for all sorts of classes. On Alb, you can't pug unless you are a cleric or a Minstrel, bottom line. Maybe a peeler once a week.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics