Roll back Archery nerfs

Started 3 Aug 2020
by Horus
in Suggestions
Thank you for tweaking archery a few weeks ago. It was needed for bow spec as there was no reason to spec bow. However the nerfs that followed were too much. When you sacrifice all melee damage for a ranged damage attack that is so easily interrupted and mitigated with high HP, insta heal pots, legion heart, insta dd charges, armor procs, it needs to be potent. Right now people are forced to stealth zerg to have any success. This is not healthy. Please roll back the archer bow spec nerfs so the sniper spec archer can be a viable solo option.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 2:42 PM by Cipon
It's still viable
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:36 PM by Cadebrennus
Cipon wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 2:42 PM
It's still viable

Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:45 PM by Expfighter
Cipon wrote:
It's still viable

lol you are kidding right?

i can shoot a lvl 50 or a lvl 30 and EVERYTIME i shoot them a F*&^%ing armor proc goes off and interrupts me for at least 10 seconds!
This is NOT the way it is supposed to be, armor proc goes off fine, but NOT the interrupt part! Interrupt = DEAD ARCHER!
WTF!
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:50 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Horus wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 2:20 PM
Please roll back the archer bow spec nerfs so the sniper spec archer can be a viable solo option.

Three assisting archers already instantly drop a fully buffed caster who's in a group with literally zero time to react or even attempt to save them; increasing their damage won't magically make them not group up, and will only exacerbate the problem of stealth groups on this server.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 4:13 PM by Kwall0311
Expfighter wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:45 PM
Cipon wrote:
It's still viable

i can shoot a lvl 50 or a lvl 30 and EVERYTIME i shoot them a F*&^%ing armor proc goes off and interrupts me for at least 10 seconds!
This is NOT the way it is supposed to be, armor proc goes off fine, but NOT the interrupt part! Interrupt = DEAD ARCHER!
WTF!

Stop killing xpers. Level 50s dont run DD or LT procs 99% of the time.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 4:44 PM by Loki
Kwall0311 wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 4:13 PM
Expfighter wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:45 PM
Cipon wrote:
It's still viable

WTF!

Nailed it, thats exactly what he does lmao . He literally ratted himself out.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:16 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Loki wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 4:44 PM
Kwall0311 wrote:

Well, I mean, look at his name guys.

He literally planned on being an XP ganker from the minute he signed up.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:27 PM by Loki
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:16 PM
Loki wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 4:44 PM
Kwall0311 wrote:

Well, I mean, look at his name guys.

He literally planned on being an XP ganker from the minute he signed up.
The funny thing is, if a 50 catches him, he sits down and refuses to fight wonder if that was part of the plan too
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:14 PM by Gildar
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:50 PM
Horus wrote:
Please roll back the archer bow spec nerfs so the sniper spec archer can be a viable solo option.

Three assisting archers already instantly drop a fully buffed caster who's in a group with literally zero time to react or even attempt to save them; increasing their damage won't magically make them not group up, and will only exacerbate the problem of stealth groups on this server.

You hit the target.

Archers are way too nasty ... when in assist on me my druids cant save me ... and i cant fight back ...
Hit ... face ... quickcast .... the target is too far away -.-
Mon 3 Aug 2020 9:41 PM by Siouxsie
Only viable for Cipon because he has both shield slam AND the ridiculous, needs-to-be-removed lvl 45 shield 99% snare styles.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 10:07 PM by Kwall0311
Siouxsie wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 9:41 PM
Only viable for Cipon because he has both shield slam AND the ridiculous, needs-to-be-removed lvl 45 shield 99% snare styles.

So funny listening to your complaints . You need to detach yourself from the stealth zergs you play with and learn your toon. Complaining about a snare when you have access to rapid fire and an insta pet (which you use incorrectly 99% of the time against a scout). Smh. Always free rps running into you.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 10:08 PM by boridi
Gildar wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:14 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:50 PM
Horus wrote:

You hit the target.

Archers are way too nasty ... when in assist on me my druids cant save me ... and i cant fight back ...
Hit ... face ... quickcast .... the target is too far away -.-
Unless it's a hunter, which needs to be <= 1500 units away.
Tue 4 Aug 2020 6:11 AM by Cipon
Siouxsie wrote:

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one to have access to a shield, yet i dont see a lot of scouts soloing. It's the same for rangers and hunters.
It's easier to sit in a keep and volley or group with others stealthers and zerg soloers, that's all. You just want your solo experience to be as easy as that.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 2:53 PM by Horus
Cipon wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 6:11 AM
Siouxsie wrote:

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one to have access to a shield, yet i dont see a lot of scouts soloing. It's the same for rangers and hunters.
It's easier to sit in a keep and volley or group with others stealthers and zerg soloers, that's all. You just want your solo experience to be as easy as that.

A bow spec ranger is not equipped to solo roam. There is no survivability. A scout can snare/kite. A hunter can use the pet and kite. A bow ranger is dead after the 1st interrupt...and any melee class getting into melee range is a death sentence for the ranger...assassin fodder for sure. There is no class a bow spec ranger can kill head to head unless the target is distracted or not using all the tools available.

A bow spec ranger does the highest solo bow damage but is really only equipped to either add on fights or run with the BG, or keep defense. If bow damage were higher so there was a chance to kill something with the bow at range before being interrupted, more rangers would roam solo.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 3:16 PM by Astaa
Or wollop exp gankers from relic walls
Wed 5 Aug 2020 4:10 PM by Cipon
Horus wrote:
Wed 5 Aug 2020 2:53 PM
A bow spec ranger is not equipped to solo roam. There is no survivability. A scout can snare/kite. A hunter can use the pet and kite. A bow ranger is dead after the 1st interrupt...and any melee class getting into melee range is a death sentence for the ranger...assassin fodder for sure. There is no class a bow spec ranger can kill head to head unless the target is distracted or not using all the tools available.

A bow spec ranger does the highest solo bow damage but is really only equipped to either add on fights or run with the BG, or keep defense. If bow damage were higher so there was a chance to kill something with the bow at range before being interrupted, more rangers would roam solo.

Yeah maybe the rangers has to make some choices to solo, but i'm pretty sure he is still viable with differents builds than 50 bow.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 6:34 PM by The Skies Asunder
Have you considered not using all of your spec points on Archery, and Pathfinding? I played hybrid spec from rr4-rr6 (still currently hybrid spec) while soloing a large majority of the time on my Ranger. I get that archery is too easily interrupted, they could add MoC or something to archers, but if you had the ability to just be invisible and then kill someone from range consistently... terrible.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 10:08 AM by Blitze
Lets take one assumption... The server wants archers to be a solo class and that stealthgroups are not desired (we can see evidence to support this with the increased detection range penalty for grouped stealths)

Therefore, there needs to be ways to encourage archers to solo... A couple of things are already known:

1. Increasing archer damage does not make them solo. It mostly just makes the multiarcher instagib playstyle even more effective, [archers get more popular].
2. Giving scout the only non-immunty hard CC in the game is extremely annoying to play against and does not really increase their solo ability enough to warrant such a toxic ability.

Following these, the server needs a two pronged approach. a slight non-damage buff to make archers more effective soloers (rangers already very effective so i doubt they need much). This buff would need to learn lessons from the awful scout shield style and not repeat that mistake. Secondly, there needs to be ways to discourage grouping i.e. with severe diminishing returns on damage from multiple shots hitting same target from different archers.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 12:56 PM by inoeth
how about custom versions of physical defense?

rangers/hunters would get 15% (pd7)
scouts 20% (pd9)

that would increase the solo viability while not giving too much bonus for grouping archers
scout does not have a skillable spec af and lacks around 20af compared to hunters/rangers thats why they might be able to skill higher pd

what do you think?
Thu 6 Aug 2020 1:05 PM by gotwqqd
Small range increase

And I think detection of close enemies(combined) stealthed should be increased even ungrouped
Thu 6 Aug 2020 1:39 PM by Horus
inoeth wrote:
Thu 6 Aug 2020 12:56 PM

scouts 20% (pd9)

that would increase the solo viability while not giving too much bonus for grouping archers
scout does not have a skillable spec af and lacks around 20af compared to hunters/rangers thats why they might be able to skill higher pd

what do you think?

I think archers want to be archers. Not melee classes with a secondary ranged attack. We already know melee rangers are strong...but are they really archers? I think something that helps melee is not really the point. I would be more apt to support something that increases bow damage, if you spec that as it sacrifices all melee. Maybe have code that prevents more than one arrow hitting a target every second. Or maybe have a bonus that kicks it at really high bow spec...like 66 or something, or maybe a an RA that increases bow damage, Bow Mastery or something....similar to what mages get to increase spell damage.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 1:53 PM by inoeth
Horus wrote:
Thu 6 Aug 2020 1:39 PM
inoeth wrote:

scouts 20% (pd9)

what do you think?

I think archers want to be archers. Not melee classes with a secondary ranged attack. We already know melee rangers are strong...but are they really archers? I think something that helps melee is not really the point. I would be more apt to support something that increases bow damage, if you spec that as it sacrifices all melee. Maybe have code that prevents more than one arrow hitting a target every second. Or maybe have a bonus that kicks it at really high bow spec...like 66 or something, or maybe a an RA that increases bow damage, Bow Mastery or something....similar to what mages get to increase spell damage.

scouts are strong archers, they suck in melee even with 50 shield/weapon.... increasing archery was already tried and failed

why do you want ppl to force to play archery only?

hunters for example have a unique weapon line (spear) why would they not spec it?

your "archers want to be archers" argument is invalid.

still nobody stops you from specing 50 bow and suck
Thu 6 Aug 2020 2:08 PM by Astaa
Horus wrote:
Thu 6 Aug 2020 1:39 PM
inoeth wrote:

scouts 20% (pd9)

what do you think?

My ranger is 50 bow 48 PF and absolutely dismantles exp gankers and zerg casters, see crits of 1050+ sometimes. I have 4 blades skill so literally dead in melee, proper glass cannon, I'll be going full melee at RR7 though with 12 bow
Thu 6 Aug 2020 6:19 PM by Siouxsie
Kwall0311 wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 10:07 PM
So funny listening to your complaints . You need to detach yourself from the stealth zergs you play with and learn your toon. Complaining about a snare when you have access to rapid fire and an insta pet (which you use incorrectly 99% of the time against a scout). Smh. Always free rps running into you.

Wow. You and the minstrel and the paladin you were running with at Eras outpost the last time I saw you.
Of course I'm going to be free rps. You've never engaged me solo except for that time you had to run away
because that thane added.

Oh yeah and the time before that, it was again Eras outpost only you had a sorc on the roof to help you + guards.
There was no 'stealth zerg'. Nice try.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 4:42 PM by Noashakra
Less than 600 solo kills for 17k+ kills at the 10L2, don't try to make us believe you are a solo :p
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics