The hunter class and how is it on Phoenix

Started 21 Jul 2020
by Deadpool
in PvE
When I saw a customers of mine playing a hunter at an old Lane Center I used to work and I really liked the idea of Being able to be in essence a ranged assassin that can stealth and be sneaky. My issue is I've heard a lot of conflicting information on how viable the class is now. Some say it can still well in PVE and PVP others say it's totally useless in PVP and okay in PVE. I ideally would like to do both PVE and PVP on one character if that's possible. I have zero experience in the game and I'm not totally committed to playing a Hunter if it really is as bad as a lot of people have said. Are there other ranges classes that are physical based like Hunters seem to be or are the rest pretty much casters?

Also are any of the other stealth classes at all beginner friendly to someone with Zero experience in the game? If there is what would that be and what real would I have to play on. Note that I'm not really committed to playing one over another when it comes to the realms. Though one that's more populated with hopefully some helpful people would always be a plus.

thank you in advance to the people who take the time to read and respond to this post. Hope everyone is doing well.
Tue 21 Jul 2020 12:18 PM by inoeth
its both true.
if you want to spec 50 bow like somehow many ppl want to do then hunter really sucks in rvr. you rely on adding because anything will kill you that reaches melee range.
if you get a melee or even hybrid spec, hunter is pretty decent. though i think it might not be the easiest class but also not the hardest.
another option would be ranger, its a little bit easier to play since you dont have to struggle with a pet and there are better weapon proc options in hib and therefore have less struggle with item switching and charge use. but overall both classes are pretty similar in playstyle.
i would not recommend to play a scout unless you want to add again. scout really only perform good in much higher realm ranks.

assassin classes are all pretty equal and not easy to play even though you get alot of help here because of switch macros.

its hard to recommend a class to someone with no game experiance, all classes need at least some experiance for rvr. i suggest you to just start with one and find out yourself if you like it. lvling is easy here.

actually all classes perform at least okay in pve, dont think about that too much. the goal is rvr
Tue 21 Jul 2020 6:10 PM by pollojack
Stealth, you really need to choose your fights. Hunter dominates casters but those are few and far in rvr. Stealth is not an easy class to play. Most RR11s, the second highest rank, are every class but stealther and there aren't RR12 stealthers. It is much easier to start with a caster if you are new and this will teach you how positioning and CC work in the game.

Archers did get a dmg buff but they are still easily countered by running away, nearsight, quickcast, item charges, and class specific instants.

They are in an excellent spot for zerg surfing but most groups will want someone with more utility. Volley with high bow is very strong.

While I do well enough on my 50 melee hunter most melee fights are tough. You don't have access to good procs. Your armor is weaker than most visi melees. Your melee dmg table is lower than visi melees. Without opening with a crit shot most fights are doomed to failure. You can "choose" your damage with spear but then you are juggling procs and dmg types which is its own headache.

I also couldn't recommend a melee stealther to a new players as they are difficult to template and you are required to juggle at least 6 weapons. I run with 12 atm and will use 14 swords when I get around to buying the last one.
Wed 22 Jul 2020 12:46 AM by Deadpool
Why do you need so many weapons for one class? I can't imagine it's very easy to swap weapons in the middle of combat even with macros it seems there would be some type of GCD or a delay between the swaps. Do all melee classes require a large amount of weapons and weapon swapping to be successful? I've played a lot of casters throughout the mmos I have played over the years and I kinda want to try out a melee class. Again I know it's tough to recommend a class to someone with zero experience in the game but are there any more new player friendly melee classes. I don't mind dying a lot to learn the class especially in RvR. Melee tends to usually have a higher mortality rate then ranged in most cases anyhow. At least that's been my experience in the past. I could be wrong with this game. Again thank you guys for the advice and information. It's been quite helpful
Wed 22 Jul 2020 6:59 AM by inoeth
Deadpool wrote:
Wed 22 Jul 2020 12:46 AM
Why do you need so many weapons for one class? I can't imagine it's very easy to swap weapons in the middle of combat even with macros it seems there would be some type of GCD or a delay between the swaps. Do all melee classes require a large amount of weapons and weapon swapping to be successful? I've played a lot of casters throughout the mmos I have played over the years and I kinda want to try out a melee class. Again I know it's tough to recommend a class to someone with zero experience in the game but are there any more new player friendly melee classes. I don't mind dying a lot to learn the class especially in RvR. Melee tends to usually have a higher mortality rate then ranged in most cases anyhow. At least that's been my experience in the past. I could be wrong with this game. Again thank you guys for the advice and information. It's been quite helpful

as an assassin you can apply poisons to your weapons but there are 5 poisons you need that means you have to swap weaons to be able to apply them all and in case of resist or purge you have to reapply them.

easy melee classes: reaver, champion, thane, warrior, skald (speed), minstrel (speed/stealth), blademaster
Wed 22 Jul 2020 7:17 AM by Deadpool
inoeth wrote:
Deadpool wrote:

as an assassin you can apply poisons to your weapons but there are 5 poisons you need that means you have to swap weaons to be able to apply them all and in case of resist or purge you have to reapply them.

easy melee classes: reaver, champion, thane, warrior, skald (speed), minstrel (speed/stealth), blademaster

When you say speed, Does that refer to how fast they level or do they do quicker attacks? Also is there a realm you would recommend over another. I'm sure it's not a huge deal but is there one more welcoming to new players over another?
Wed 22 Jul 2020 7:47 AM by Valaraukar
The Hunter (and ranged stealther in general) is really funny to play imho. It is not the strongest class at all (go Ranger on Hib if you want the OP ranged class) and it is very hard to fight in melee against assassins and the other melee classes but it can be done, with a little experience, a decent realm rank and good equip.

I play an hybrid hunter, 40 archery 39 spear 40 beastcraft to have good ranged damage and firing speed with decent melee damage and % to hit.

Regarding the realm abilities you can choose if you want to play a "zerg" hunter (but it is hard in Midgard since it has not a stable BG like Alb or Hib) or a solo one.
About PvE... it is completely useless in end game PvE (Instanced dungeons) while it is pretty good in solo leveling and farming (not the best class for sure but it's ok).
Wed 22 Jul 2020 3:45 PM by inoeth
Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 22 Jul 2020 7:47 AM
The Hunter (and ranged stealther in general) is really funny to play imho. It is not the strongest class at all (go Ranger on Hib if you want the OP ranged class) and it is very hard to fight in melee against assassins and the other melee classes but it can be done, with a little experience, a decent realm rank and good equip.

I play an hybrid hunter, 40 archery 39 spear 40 beastcraft to have good ranged damage and firing speed with decent melee damage and % to hit.

Regarding the realm abilities you can choose if you want to play a "zerg" hunter (but it is hard in Midgard since it has not a stable BG like Alb or Hib) or a solo one.
About PvE... it is completely useless in end game PvE (Instanced dungeons) while it is pretty good in solo leveling and farming (not the best class for sure but it's ok).

rr5 26 solo kills lul
Wed 22 Jul 2020 3:49 PM by inoeth
Deadpool wrote:
Wed 22 Jul 2020 7:17 AM
inoeth wrote:
Deadpool wrote:

When you say speed, Does that refer to how fast they level or do they do quicker attacks? Also is there a realm you would recommend over another. I'm sure it's not a huge deal but is there one more welcoming to new players over another?

speed=movement speed.. this is a specific benefit in rvr for non stealth classes because you are able to get in and get out of combat fast. as a solo non speed non stealth class you get rolled over alot. actually as stealth/speed class too but less.
no i can not recommend a specific realm, thats your choice. you are welcome everywhere since many ppl play all three realms so basicly its the same community on all realms.
Wed 22 Jul 2020 4:27 PM by pollojack
Deadpool wrote:

Most melees run at least two weapons either to switch dmg type or proc. Let's say you have a weapon with a debuff. If it goes off once, great but it will last a minute and doesn't stack with itself. So, it is better to switch weapons after that debuff goes off so you can apply something else.

Assassins in this game NS, SB, Inf have one time use poisons and they can't be applied to weapons while in combat. So you have to have a weapon for each poison you want to use. Ideally you have duplicates as Purge clears all of your poisons.
Thu 23 Jul 2020 2:05 PM by inoeth
in case of hunter current meta is bloodfire battle spear (heat dot/thrust), crafted 4.5 speed thrust with matter dot, crafted 4.7 slash with matter dot, ROG 3.9 thrust with life tap and ROG 4.3 slash with life tap
so you want to start with heat dot and then switch to either thrust or slash spear depending on target to get off a second dot, then switch to ROG weapons for faster swings and LT
Thu 23 Jul 2020 9:57 PM by whitewolf253
Take this with a grain of salt since it's not from Phoenix specific experience.

I played a melee hunter on Mordred back in the day, up to almost rr7. It was a very fun and rewarding class but you had to use trickery at times and had to pick your opponents smartly. I ran 44 spear, something like 42 beastcraft, 27 bow, and the rest stealth. 42 beast is key because it gives you a speed boost that will save your butt pretty regularly. That speed boost also makes kiting more viable, especially with the dog nibbling on targets. I'd generally set my dog, buff him, have him stay, and then run off stealthed so that the dog wouldn't give me away. I'd send the dog after people, once they turned to fight it I'd back stun them with spear and go to town. It was a rewarding way to play but that being said, solo fights on Mordred were probably a lot easier to find than here.
Fri 24 Jul 2020 11:44 AM by Dunga
inoeth wrote:
Thu 23 Jul 2020 2:05 PM
in case of hunter current meta is bloodfire battle spear (heat dot/thrust), crafted 4.5 speed thrust with matter dot, crafted 4.7 slash with matter dot, ROG 3.9 thrust with life tap and ROG 4.3 slash with life tap
so you want to start with heat dot and then switch to either thrust or slash spear depending on target to get off a second dot, then switch to ROG weapons for faster swings and LT

i never had the luck to get mp lt spears with that speed. at the moment i have to stay with the slow feather ones...
the double dot looks nice, but both have to proc/aply fast in a short fight....
Fri 24 Jul 2020 11:50 AM by Valaraukar
inoeth wrote:
Wed 22 Jul 2020 3:45 PM
Valaraukar wrote:

rr5 26 solo kills lul

I costantly get added... what can I do?

seriously, what's the problem? The Hunter is my "lockdown" toon, I used it most while smartworking from home. Is it a problem for you?

So you are the great lone Hunter killing everyone everywhere? Don't make me laugh
Fri 24 Jul 2020 7:11 PM by Nunki
Don't play Hunter (or any stealther) as your first class EVER!
Even if you would have DAoC experience I wouldn't recommend it as a first character per realm (not viable for farming and expensive as hell to template).
DAoC is difficult, RvR is complex,, Stealtherplay is even more complex.

While it is easy to lvl your Hunter solo, you will most likely not get invited in a group and you are not really a help in endgame PvE content.
Hunter in RvR is complex and viable, not OP tho. You need to fully utilize your tools in order to succeed somehow.
Pet management, difficult but required positionals (especially backstyle stun strafe), weapon switching (multiple spears + bow), utilizing your kite potential, etc.
You will most likely go for a hybrid spec with focus on spear, due to the fact that you end in fights vs melee-stealther most of the time involuntarily.

All realms are cool, Midgard is notoriously underopped which means that you might get underpop-boni most of the time.
Start with an easy character with farm potential.

Don't touch stealthers (for now), they are difficult to play and extremely difficult / expensive to template.
Hybrid classes are obviously a bit more challenging and a bit more expensive to template (depending on armortype and class).

Pure caster classes are extremely easy/cheap to template, depending on the class and your experience with a rupt based caster system it might be challenging.
Pure melee classes might be easy to play in general and not hard to template, but the armour costs a bit more (expensive -> plate, chain, studded, leather, cloth <- cheap).

Most if not all non-stealther classes are somehow viable in PvE, at least in terms of leveling to 50 and farming enough gold to get along.
Some are highly in demand, espcecially support classes, pbae (bomb) caster and tanks. They build the basis for bomb groups, which are the fastest way to level and farm gold.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.
Fri 24 Jul 2020 8:01 PM by inoeth
Valaraukar wrote:
Fri 24 Jul 2020 11:50 AM
inoeth wrote:
Valaraukar wrote:

rr5 26 solo kills lul

seriously, what's the problem? The Hunter is my "lockdown" toon, I used it most while smartworking from home. Is it a problem for you?

So you are the great lone Hunter killing everyone everywhere? Don't make me laugh

i also get added alot, still i do not add, i simply dislike this play style.
its kind of funny to see someone suggesting a spec which is just goot for adding but complaining about not be able to kill something. yes i understand thats why you need to add.
actually i can kill most classes, can you?

your stats make me laugh
Fri 24 Jul 2020 8:03 PM by gotwqqd
More than adequate
Many viable specs
Mon 27 Jul 2020 12:09 PM by Valaraukar
inoeth wrote:
Fri 24 Jul 2020 8:01 PM
Valaraukar wrote:
inoeth wrote:
Valaraukar wrote:

rr5 26 solo kills lul

i also get added alot, still i do not add, i simply dislike this play style.
its kind of funny to see someone suggesting a spec which is just goot for adding but complaining about not be able to kill something. yes i understand thats why you need to add.
actually i can kill most classes, can you?

your stats make me laugh

I believe you did not understand my reply... first of all I was joking, of course EVERYONE here gets added. Secondarily I made most of my RPs with task, just to get a recent RR because, as I've already said, I use the hunter mainly when I'm working so cannot be so active. I do not add unless there is the usual royal rumble in flags / drop zones. I don't kill expers, unless they are Animists and Minstrels since I hate them. When I can I try to get good fights or kill the occasional caster running alone.

And yes I can kill most classes too, when I'm free to play the hunter the way it should be played, and I've never complained about it, just underlined that Rangers are way more OP than Hunters, but anyway Hunters are a good and funny class to play since you can go ranged and melee and be good at both
Mon 27 Jul 2020 3:00 PM by kratoxin
I mained a hunter on live up to rr11, trying to get a good footing here now and going solo mode. Maybe i can get some good tips from the pros?

so i tried out different specs and think this spec might be really good even when i'm 3L8 atm

39 spear, 42 BC, 36 stealth (will lower as i rank up), 37 bow (will increase as i rank up).

as for RA's is MoPain5 a good stand still? i'm trying to mainly go for Melee standpoint as i run into more sins than anything.

im aiming for Purge3, IP3 as a sticky when i get up there obviously.

LW1 -> Tire1 -> Purge3 -> IP3 -> pain5? -> Falcons eye -> aug dex etc?

another question using the styles, on live yellow endo i could spam the lvl 34 anytime without any issues on endo use, here it eats it alive... once i land the back stun/side ASR i start spamming my anytimer etc. should i be using the 34 style till about half endo then swap to the enrage/snare followup? THANKS GUYS !

other than that melee hunter here feels so much more comfortable here than live

<3 Adirtyquiver
Mon 27 Jul 2020 3:34 PM by inoeth
kratoxin wrote:
Mon 27 Jul 2020 3:00 PM
I mained a hunter on live up to rr11, trying to get a good footing here now and going solo mode. Maybe i can get some good tips from the pros?

so i tried out different specs and think this spec might be really good even when i'm 3L8 atm

39 spear, 42 BC, 36 stealth (will lower as i rank up), 37 bow (will increase as i rank up).

as for RA's is MoPain5 a good stand still? i'm trying to mainly go for Melee standpoint as i run into more sins than anything.

another question using the styles, on live yellow endo i could spam the lvl 34 anytime without any issues on endo use, here it eats it alive... once i land the back stun/side ASR i start spamming my anytimer etc. should i be using the 34 style till about half endo then swap to the enrage/snare followup? THANKS GUYS !

<3 Adirtyquiver

if you want to be good in melee, dont skill bow that high.
dont get mopain
get toughness and moarms
imo aug ras are also not worth... only quickness to reach the 250 quick cap
swing speed is all you need here so get fast spears, dont bother about sword
Mon 27 Jul 2020 3:34 PM by Forlornhope
kratoxin wrote:

<3 Adirtyquiver

I am running 44 spear 42 bc 35 stealth 32 bow on mine, and have good success solo if I pick the right targets. AS far as RA's, I wouldn't suggest falcon's eye nless you're a full sniper. A lot of your targets are going to be things with dex/qui debuffs items and people with ASR styles, so it is important to get mastery of arms and aug qui until you hit the cap at 250. Since you're stuck using pretty slow weapons it is really important. I spam my level 34 style with no problems, as long as you're not sprinting you'll be good. I haven't had any issues running out of endo with it. Good luck and see ya out there - Aielman
Mon 27 Jul 2020 3:49 PM by kratoxin
Forlornhope wrote:
Mon 27 Jul 2020 3:34 PM
kratoxin wrote:

<3 Adirtyquiver

I am running 44 spear 42 bc 35 stealth 32 bow on mine, and have good success solo if I pick the right targets. AS far as RA's, I wouldn't suggest falcon's eye nless you're a full sniper. A lot of your targets are going to be things with dex/qui debuffs items and people with ASR styles, so it is important to get mastery of arms and aug qui until you hit the cap at 250. Since you're stuck using pretty slow weapons it is really important. I spam my level 34 style with no problems, as long as you're not sprinting you'll be good. I haven't had any issues running out of endo with it. Good luck and see ya out there - Aielman

with the starting stats i did 15 quick, 10 dex. putting me at 256 quickness with yellow self buff and combined forces ill keep that in mind then and put arms and some more aug quick to help balance the debuffs out. figured falcons eye would help a little while the targets are coming towards me but ill hold off till later on in RR.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 7:40 AM by inoeth
why are you stuck to slow weapons?
thats not true! there are 3.9 thrusters and 4.3 slashers available and ofc i use them.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 7:46 AM by Forlornhope
inoeth wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 7:40 AM
thats not true! there are 3.9 thrusters and 4.3 slashers available and ofc i use them.

Well, I use the 4.0 dot spear but for the past week or so I have been trying to buy a rog Lt'er that's around that same speed. Have had zero luck farming it or buying it lol. So atm I am stuck having to swap to a much slower one after my dot procs go off.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 9:44 AM by inoeth
Forlornhope wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 7:46 AM
inoeth wrote:

Well, I use the 4.0 dot spear but for the past week or so I have been trying to buy a rog Lt'er that's around that same speed. Have had zero luck farming it or buying it lol. So atm I am stuck having to swap to a much slower one after my dot procs go off.

there is a 4.0 dot weapon? what is it called?
and yes fast lt weapons are rare... i payed alot for mine^^
Tue 28 Jul 2020 11:16 AM by Forlornhope
inoeth wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 9:44 AM
Forlornhope wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 7:46 AM
inoeth wrote:

there is a 4.0 dot weapon? what is it called?
and yes fast lt weapons are rare... i payed alot for mine^^

Shit that was totally a typo, my bad. The 4.7 feather weapon is what I use. I want to get a crafted slash/thruster to throw dots onto that as long as they stack as well. I swap to the fastest rog lt'er I've been able to get drop, which is also a 4.7 speed so it's not too bad. But still pretty shitty when you get dex/qui debuffed and when you get hit with an ASR.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 12:15 PM by kratoxin
i thought the slower the spear the harder you hit? so i should look for fast af spears and do the same dmg?

im using a 5.5 rog LT slash spear and a 5.4 dragon thruster
Tue 28 Jul 2020 12:51 PM by inoeth
kratoxin wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 12:15 PM
i thought the slower the spear the harder you hit? so i should look for fast af spears and do the same dmg?

im using a 5.5 rog LT slash spear and a 5.4 dragon thruster

that is basicly true but since dq debuff+asr is a thing here you end up with 3s swing speed where assassins hit you with 1.5s .... so basicly they do double the dmg
also if you miss or get evaded your damage over time reduction is massive
your best chance is to get a very fast weapon and try to inc sith side style or get the evade combo through + throw in a dq debuff charge
if you manage to get dq+asr on the enemy your chances are pretty high to walk away with him lying on the ground
Tue 28 Jul 2020 1:06 PM by Siouxsie
Valaraukar wrote:

Don't mind Horg. He got all his solo kills back when the game was Old frontiers, and non- or poorly-templated enemies would come down from the PKs like cattle to the slaughter.

Nowadays, with RR11 visible alb and hib groups roaming around, there is no solo action any more. Any fight you start, either you get added on or die, or your realm mates add on and you don't get a solo kill.

At flags, you get zerged by 5-man ranger groups of lurikeens that all look the same with that drab brown armor and if you try to kill one, the other 4 shoot you down in seconds.

Or.. you get 8 man alb/hib groups with stealth lore pots who circle around flags and pop stealthers. The hib groups will have a nightshade or overpowered shar melee ranger with them to pop you out of stealth so they can murder you in 0.04 seconds.

Or.. you get zerged by RR11 infiltrators with a minstrel buddy.

The only place you can "solo" is the PVP zone.. but that's filled with overpowered champs, mercs, and nightshades and minstrels that are high RR.

So it's difficult to get any kinds of solo kills now. Sad but true.. I bet even Horg's solo kill rate has slowed down considerably.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 1:24 PM by Valaraukar
Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 1:06 PM
Valaraukar wrote:

Don't mind Horg. He got all his solo kills back when the game was Old frontiers, and non- or poorly-templated enemies would come down from the PKs like cattle to the slaughter.

Nowadays, with RR11 visible alb and hib groups roaming around, there is no solo action any more. Any fight you start, either you get added on or die, or your realm mates add on and you don't get a solo kill.

At flags, you get zerged by 5-man ranger groups of lurikeens that all look the same with that drab brown armor and if you try to kill one, the other 4 shoot you down in seconds.

Or.. you get 8 man alb/hib groups with stealth lore pots who circle around flags and pop stealthers. The hib groups will have a nightshade or overpowered shar melee ranger with them to pop you out of stealth so they can murder you in 0.04 seconds.

The only place you can "solo" is the PVP zone.. but that's filled with overpowered champs, mercs, and nightshades and minstrels that are high RR.

So it's difficult to get any kinds of solo kills now. Sad but true.. I bet even Horg's solo kill rate has slowed down considerably.

Actually I hit 50 on the Hunter in March, soon after the lockdown started here in Italy...
And seriously I don't put myself at all amongst the best solo players on the server, I'm light years away... but I don't even care to be one of them or I would have rolled a SB not an Hunter.... I just enjoy the Hunter because i like bow as a weapon and love to wander the frontier stealthed
And yet cannot see why the 40 bow 39 spear 40bc spec would be one fit only for adding... I find it quite useful also in 1vs1 fights, both ranged and melee.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 1:25 PM by inoeth
Siouxsie wrote:
Valaraukar wrote:

that is by far not true lul
not sure why you try to bash me here after i gave you alot of advice...not my fault you since then did nothing of it. jealous?
you can check my herald stats, even though i only play like 3-4h a day i have quite a good amount of solo kills. last week i did 87 kills in total and 41 considered solo while dieing 60 times.
and yes i can kill rr11 infis in melee only
Wed 29 Jul 2020 12:18 PM by Siouxsie
inoeth wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 1:25 PM
not sure why you try to bash me here after i gave you alot of advice...not my fault you since then did nothing of it. jealous?
you can check my herald stats, even though i only play like 3-4h a day i have quite a good amount of solo kills. last week i did 87 kills in total and 41 considered solo while dieing 60 times.

Not bashing you, just telling you how it is out in NF zones.
(and yes, this is mostly EU prime time)

The game demographic has shifted considerably towards Alb and Hib now. Anyone who has stayed after the change to New Frontiers, and removal of charge buffs working properly, and the salvage nerf (after May 2019), now has really high realm rank toons and they never run solo.. if they do, it's a rare thing. Yes, you can get solo kills but more than half the time you get zerged down by a stealth-lore pot 5-8 man hib/alb group zooming around the flag or dock.. those places are just bad.

It used to be easier, but so many groups thirsty for RPs they are reverting to stealthlore pots to pop stealthers so they can make 100 rp in a kill.
Wed 29 Jul 2020 12:27 PM by gnefner
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 12:18 PM
inoeth wrote:

The game demographic has shifted considerably towards Alb and Hib now. Anyone who has stayed after the change to New Frontiers, and removal of charge buffs working properly, and the salvage nerf (after May 2019), now has really high realm rank toons and they never run solo.. if they do, it's a rare thing. Yes, you can get solo kills but more than half the time you get zerged down by a stealth-lore pot 5-8 man hib/alb group zooming around the flag or dock.. those places are just bad.

It used to be easier, but so many groups thirsty for RPs they are reverting to stealthlore pots to pop stealthers so they can make 100 rp in a kill.

I know soloing is alot harder now, than it was.. But.. Where would one go now, to try and get some reliable 1v1-2 action?
Wed 29 Jul 2020 12:31 PM by inoeth
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 12:18 PM
inoeth wrote:

you are talking like i would never play in rvr zones, in fact i never go to the pvp nor the 1v1 zones....
yeah you get farmed alot but only on prime time. and when things get too stupid is just log out.
Wed 29 Jul 2020 12:57 PM by Siouxsie
inoeth wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 12:31 PM
you are talking like i would never play in rvr zones, in fact i never go to the pvp nor the 1v1 zones....
yeah you get farmed alot but only on prime time. and when things get too stupid is just log out.

Things have been getting stupid for months now.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 10:27 PM by piero
I play in this server from The lockdown
At the start I did with my dwarf hunter 42 beast craft 27 bow 44 sword(yes I liked sword from live) then when archery change arrived... I tried with 39 spear and 35 bow, I was still doing well, but maybe better with the bow.
But at the 5L I have made the best balance spec that a hunter can do, 40 bow 40 bc 39 spear.
Nice dmg with bow, still nice dmg with spear, no more red af buff but yellow.
As Ras ip 3 purge 3 and I had moa high, but at the nerf of moa needed to respec to get other.. But rerolled other toon
Thu 6 Aug 2020 5:06 PM by punahou
Siouxsie wrote:
Valaraukar wrote:

CURIOUS-- how is the melee ranger OP? and why shar over celt? Im curious as im leveling a ranger solo (cant get groups) hes 40 atm after 3 real weeks of playing. I want to go Melee ranger, but no physical defense RA anymore amongst things.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 10:33 PM by Bradekes
punahou wrote:
Thu 6 Aug 2020 5:06 PM
CURIOUS-- how is the melee ranger OP? and why shar over celt? Im curious as im leveling a ranger solo (cant get groups) hes 40 atm after 3 real weeks of playing. I want to go Melee ranger, but no physical defense RA anymore amongst things.

Well they are the only dual wield class with self buffs one being dmg add. Dual wield is by far the strongest melee type one can be.

Still, I don’t think melee ranger are overpowered they are a strong option though. I think assassin classes evenom debuffs outshine ranger buffs.

Melee hunter are really strong here though. The pet hits hard and spear has some of the best styles.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 11:29 PM by daytonchambers
punahou wrote:
Thu 6 Aug 2020 5:06 PM

I wouldn't say OP but they can be very competitive.

Especially Shar, since with a few well placed RAs they can have an insane amount of health (some shar melee rangers are/were rocking north of 2500 health self-buffed). Take that much health, add in IP3 (50% heal), legion heal and a health potion (230hp each if there's no disease on you) and you're at up to 4210 total health that an enemy would have to burn through to kill you. That doesn't even factor in Epic vest heal procs or ablatives.

I dueled a few back when I played hib and even when I matched or outpaced their damage I still lost every time since I simply ran out of health sooner (my ranger is a keen).
Fri 7 Aug 2020 7:19 AM by Sepplord
ONLY 3-4h a day Oo

i am a bit jealous
Fri 7 Aug 2020 8:35 AM by Cadebrennus
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 7:19 AM
ONLY 3-4h a day Oo

i am a bit jealous

That "only" 3-4 hours per day comment cracked me up. I'm lucky to get 3-4 hours every two weeks to play. It absolutely goes to show that RR ≠ skill and only time played lol
Fri 7 Aug 2020 11:56 AM by gnefner
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 8:35 AM
Sepplord wrote:
ONLY 3-4h a day Oo

i am a bit jealous

That "only" 3-4 hours per day comment cracked me up. I'm lucky to get 3-4 hours every two weeks to play. It absolutely goes to show that RR ≠ skill and only time played lol

I smile a bit to myself, too, everytime someone says they ONLY play like a couple hours a day... In a good week, i get 4-5 hours of play, in a full week.. Which is also why it takes a long ass time, to level my Hunter
Sat 8 Aug 2020 7:17 AM by inoeth
gnefner wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 11:56 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:
ONLY 3-4h a day Oo

i am a bit jealous

I smile a bit to myself, too, everytime someone says they ONLY play like a couple hours a day... In a good week, i get 4-5 hours of play, in a full week.. Which is also why it takes a long ass time, to level my Hunter

still these ppl flood the forum with false information and bad advice like they would play 10h a day...
Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:59 AM by gnefner
inoeth wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 7:17 AM
gnefner wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:
ONLY 3-4h a day Oo

i am a bit jealous

still these ppl flood the forum with false information and bad advice like they would play 10h a day...

I hope you're not referring to me, with the statement.. All I do here, pretty much, is ask questions I wish I had more hours to play, but alas...
Mon 10 Aug 2020 7:19 AM by inoeth
gnefner wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:59 AM
inoeth wrote:
gnefner wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:
ONLY 3-4h a day Oo

i am a bit jealous

I hope you're not referring to me, with the statement.. All I do here, pretty much, is ask questions I wish I had more hours to play, but alas...

no its the above poster that keeps on hijacking my posts and spreads fake news
Mon 10 Aug 2020 8:05 AM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 7:19 AM
gnefner wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:59 AM
inoeth wrote:
gnefner wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:
ONLY 3-4h a day Oo

i am a bit jealous

no its the above poster that keeps on hijacking my posts and spreads fake news

You yourself told us that you "have only 3-4 hours per day to play".

Tell us more about "fake news" LOL
Tue 11 Aug 2020 9:57 AM by Tashkent
So does Stealth above 50 increase detection range like MoS? Or just walk speed slightly?
Tue 11 Aug 2020 12:49 PM by gromet12
Tashkent wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 9:57 AM
So does Stealth above 50 increase detection range like MoS? Or just walk speed slightly?

MoS has no effect on stealth detection here
Tue 6 Oct 2020 4:04 AM by Hodge
Why not get Mastery of Arcane? You can increase the self af, self dex/qui. This helps bow and weapon speed and damage, evade. Af help reduce damage.
Tue 6 Oct 2020 4:21 AM by Forlornhope
Hodge wrote:
Tue 6 Oct 2020 4:04 AM
Why not get Mastery of Arcane? You can increase the self af, self dex/qui. This helps bow and weapon speed and damage, evade. Af help reduce damage.

I run arcane 1 on my hunter, but that's just because it gets me to exactly 250 qui with aug qui 3 and yellow dex qui buff for less points than investing into more aug qui
Fri 9 Oct 2020 5:15 PM by darkstar00
gnefner wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:
ONLY 3-4h a day Oo

i am a bit jealous

I agree the real grind in this game is the realm ranks. You aren't ranking up fast unless you are playing a ton regardless if you add, zerg or whatever. The people I know that rank up fast play a lot.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics