Master Craftsman Quest not fair

Started 27 Sep 2018
by Lazarett
in Suggestions
Hi all,
this Quest has 6 steps and is a must have for any crafter.
BUT
Step 5 and 6 takes you to Hibernia (Breifine). and this for all 3 realms.

it is very easy fo a hibernan player to finisch this steps, comming from Druim Cain or Ligen, but Midgard or Albion (only tested on Midgard ) has a big problem to get there through Emain.

Each other Realm should have an own step 5 and 6 in Jamtland or Penine Mountains.

Please check this.
Thu 27 Sep 2018 9:41 AM by Uthred
Quote from the Bug Report, that i closed late night.

"It is intended to send the players to the most populated RvR-Zone for the last two steps. Distance to reach Breifine is for all 3 realms (more or less) the same. This wont be changed."
Thu 27 Sep 2018 11:05 AM by Lazarett
The distance is nearly the same yes. but 2 realms has to walk through the gates and the others can enter from behind.
2 realms has to path a zone dominated by stealthers and other RVR players. Hibs do not have to do this.
What is the problem to set 3 mastercraftsman ? one in each realm?
why make it different for hibernia?

most rvr is in emain. but hibs do not have to path this zone!!!
Thu 27 Sep 2018 4:17 PM by Uthred
Because of the rotating zone tasks, often emain is a wasteland when everybody is fighting in Odins/Hadrians or when Dominate Jamtland/Pennine is running.

I agree that Hibs dont have to pass a milegate, but there are also a lot of steahlters/smallmen roaming in CG and MC, who will kill anyone trying to run to Breifine.

So it is for everybody the same.
Sat 2 Feb 2019 10:35 PM by Strikejk
Uthred wrote: Quote from the Bug Report, that i closed late night.

"It is intended to send the players to the most populated RvR-Zone for the last two steps. Distance to reach Breifine is for all 3 realms (more or less) the same. This wont be changed."
I want to personally thank you for this decision. I spent the last 4.5 hours to achieve this quest and died well over 50 if not a 100 times by now as a member of Albion.
Thank you very much for this experience. I also want to praise your correct assessment that it is indeed, fair and equal for every realm to do this quest. As you correctly pointed out in this thread which we all know and agree upon - raw distance is the only important factor when it comes to true balance between the realms.

Now that I have given you the praise you deserve I have to excuse myself, I am still 2 ghostly's short and I look forward for the next 2-3 hours dying in Emain.
Have a good time, sincerely
-RandomNotHibPlayer

Edit: As a GM please feel free to check out my ingame stats if you like, I am indeed not joking or exaggerating + fixed a spelling error.
Edit2: 5 hours and 10min, I finally managed to kill 1 ghastly midgard invader before a FG swiped me down. Now I only need one more, I will report back once I did.
Edit3: I did it! Only took me close to 6 hours in total.
Best quest in the game.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 5:03 PM by Topas
Uthred wrote:
Thu 27 Sep 2018 9:41 AM
....This wont be changed."

Thank you.
I suppose you play ......... Hibernia!

Thank you again, Greetings from Albion an Midgard
Sun 3 Feb 2019 5:11 PM by Vivien
It has nothing to do with who plays where. Please don't make assumptions where a GM plays.

This quest was created as something special and therefore it is difficult to get it. If we wanted it to be easy, we could have put it into a merchant for sale.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 11:19 PM by Luluko
managed the last 2 rvr quest with just dying once to a minstrel with a red con pet with a lvl 45 skald guess it also depends on what time of the day you do it, its probably better to avoid primetime but even then you can get unlucky since more and more people will hit 50

but I agree hibs have it a lot easier while even as a skald I have to run for 5-7mins to those spots
Mon 4 Feb 2019 10:13 AM by Sepplord
I disagree, that the risks of travelling through MC/CG are comparable to travelling through emain

Hibs have a lot of downsides with emain being the prime RvR zone (tasks aside)
I can live with them having the crafting quest a bit easier as upside for once

The Armor is also far from a MUST HAVE...the difference between 4parts and 6parts isn't THAT huge (unless there is a set bonus i am unaware of)
Mon 4 Feb 2019 5:11 PM by florin
Vivien wrote:
Sun 3 Feb 2019 5:11 PM
It has nothing to do with who plays where. Please don't make assumptions where a GM plays.

This quest was created as something special and therefore it is difficult to get it. If we wanted it to be easy, we could have put it into a merchant for sale.

Jesus.. the question is not about easy, it's about fair and balanced for each realm.
Thu 7 Feb 2019 10:04 AM by keen
I fail to see how it is a good idea to force pve toons into rvr areas. If I want do rvr i log a proper char. This helps noone and just leads frustration for no reason. Please stop mixing pve content with rvr content outside of battle grounds.
This is also an unfair quest for mid and alb.
Thu 7 Feb 2019 10:08 AM by Sepplord
what forces anyone into RvR?

you are incentivized, not forced
Thu 7 Feb 2019 11:30 AM by Uthred
keen wrote:
Thu 7 Feb 2019 10:04 AM
I fail to see how it is a good idea to force pve toons into rvr areas. If I want do rvr i log a proper char. This helps noone and just leads frustration for no reason. Please stop mixing pve content with rvr content outside of battle grounds.

So, if we would have the complete epic quest series implemented, would it be unfair too, because people have to do some steps in rvr there too? I never heard anyone complain about unfair epic quests on live or Uthgard. Strange.

It is intended that you have to deal with some risk if you want to have the last two pieces of the armor. Having rotating realm tasks it is quite easy to see when breifine will be crowded and when might be a better time to do the quest.

Mids & Albs have to get through the milegates and Hibs have to deal with camping solos/smallmen in front of Ligen or Cain. But thats the risk for getting the last two steps. Ask some friends to help or even do the complete quest series together with a grp. The reward is really worth it and even if you dont want to craft, you will get a lot of coins (Step 5 100g and & Step 6 200g) plus you can try and sell the armor via the housing.
Thu 7 Feb 2019 1:26 PM by keen
Uthred wrote:
Thu 7 Feb 2019 11:30 AM
I never heard anyone complain about unfair epic quests on live or Uthgard. Strange.

It is intended that you have to deal with some risk if you want to have the last two pieces of the armor.
Well you know how much sense it makes to complain on uthgard about stuff that is frustrating to ppl but makes the staff feel that the player had to work for sth.
Why implement sth that will mainly lead to frustration instead of increasing enjoying gameplay. This quest has some kind of punishment involved that I don't think is nessecary. Could also just consume your time in pve zones. Then it is not for free but without the level of frustration involved.it can be planed and doesn't lead to lvl45 chars without gear get ganked by SCed solos/grps.

Anyway I just wanted to express my thoughts on this topic.
Thu 7 Feb 2019 1:49 PM by florin
Uthred wrote:
keen wrote:
Thu 7 Feb 2019 10:04 AM

So, if we would have the complete epic quest series implemented, would it be unfair too, because people have to do some steps in rvr there too? I never heard anyone complain about unfair epic quests on live or Uthgard. Strange.

It is intended that you have to deal with some risk if you want to have the last two pieces of the armor. Having rotating realm tasks it is quite easy to see when breifine will be crowded and when might be a better time to do the quest.

Mids & Albs have to get through the milegates and Hibs have to deal with camping solos/smallmen in front of Ligen or Cain. But thats the risk for getting the last two steps. Ask some friends to help or even do the complete quest series together with a grp. The reward is really worth it and even if you dont want to craft, you will get a lot of coins (Step 5 100g and & Step 6 200g) plus you can try and sell the armor via the housing.

Sometimes it's OK to say you are wrong and change things. Equating MG camping with border keep camping is poor rationalization. I know you and Vivien have already doubled down, but it's ok to take a step back and look at it from the player perspective instead of your own.
Thu 7 Feb 2019 2:43 PM by moe_Jiller
Hib here, can only say that I, too, needed several hours for the ghastlys since there always was a mid or Alb intercepting at borderkeep or someone Roaming/Camping the Quest spot.

Guess what, instead of raging in the Forums i did a simple LFG when realm task was in Alb, filled up others 40+ and went there without trouble.

Oh but sure i did not have to walk through 15-30 anim shrooms which People say would unbeatably destroy even zergs that want to Pass milegates....

Seriously People, the whining in Forums starts to get silly.
Fri 8 Feb 2019 4:15 AM by Dragby
Make total sence for me to look like 2h for a group and get none, to kill a mob ,every class can do solo, becaus some bobs camp that spot. So only thing you can do is run again again again and reward this people even for camp at the spot, realy nice.
Fri 8 Feb 2019 12:29 PM by Strikejk
Uthred wrote:

Speaking of intended, I also had a minor issue at beginning of hitting the correct mob, without getting credit. Why? Because apparently it was in the wrong spot - even tho it followed the description "West of the keep".
So I would be very pleased if either both mob groups would count - Or that the description is changed to "West of the keep, in Breifine."

Here is a picture of what I mean:
[attachment=0]sshot191.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks
Sat 9 Feb 2019 11:01 AM by Tillbeast
Don't know what is worse.

A stupidly unfair quest that heavily favours one realm (Hibernia)

or

Devs that think its fair. Either make each realm go to there own keeps or make each realm go to a enemy keep equal distance from there pk. How hard is that to work out?
Sat 9 Feb 2019 4:18 PM by Quik
Or don't do the quest?
Tue 12 Feb 2019 5:10 PM by Aenea
If you really think this quest favors Hibernia, you probably never tried to finish this quest as an hib. I died 4 times to finish Step #5 which it took me like 2-3 days since hib frontier was crowded. And on last step, i had to duel with a cabalist. I got the credit but died to him. I think this quest a lot easier for mids or albs than hibs. Emain/bre is the most actively roamed maps and it is a dangerous travel from DL or DC. So I don't agree with this topic nor with OP.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 9:12 AM by Lazarett
@Stuff:
Why did you implement 3 Pauls? 1 in each Realm!
Do you think it is not fair to have only one Paul in Hibernia?

just my 2 cents
Tue 30 Apr 2019 10:07 AM by Tillbeast
Did the last 2 steps on this quest with my 5 mid characters. Each one took multiple runs to both steps, it don't matter where the task is emain is always full of enemies. Recently moved to hib with friends (bad friends I know) and did same steps first time with all 3 of my non stealth/speed classes whereas my mids had stealth/speed. Moving from dl to bolg as bolg is on western side of breif (1 zone) is a hell of lot closer than moving through 2 zones with one of them being a busy (even without tasks) is not really fair. If the devs cannot see this how are they expected to see and fix the bigger issue? Trying to say dl is anything close to emain is crazy. You get 2 or 3 stealthers camping dl and the 1 or 2 speed classes buzzing the levelling spots whereas in emain you get full groups of alb steathers between pk and mg and the roaming small mans that are always in emain. If you can get to breifine it is not to bad, my mids occasionally got ganked whilst killing the mobs but 9 times out of 10 getting out of emain, even past the mg is a nightmare. Trying to get a group is just a lot of standing around doing nothing for a long time asking in lfg. As a hib you could get ganked at dl but it is nowhere near as difficult to evade the stealthers (my hunter and sb camped there) at dl as it is to run from the pk all the way to breifine.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 12:21 PM by dbeattie71
Lazarett wrote:
Thu 27 Sep 2018 6:53 AM
Hi all,
this Quest has 6 steps and is a must have for any crafter.
BUT
Step 5 and 6 takes you to Hibernia (Breifine). and this for all 3 realms.

it is very easy fo a hibernan player to finisch this steps, comming from Druim Cain or Ligen, but Midgard or Albion (only tested on Midgard ) has a big problem to get there through Emain.

Each other Realm should have an own step 5 and 6 in Jamtland or Penine Mountains.

Please check this.

Grab one of the 200 Skalds on and while your at get a couple BDs to come. Piece of cake.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:02 PM by Sepplord
come on, do we really need to resurrect this discussion?
in general everything must be going quite well if the forum-concerns are focussing on a slightly different difficulty of doing a quest for a slight craftspeed boost

Is the solution perfect? probably not
Is it slightly favoring hib? probably (imo yes)
Is this a topic that a staff member should invest time in because there is nothing more important? No, it will never be.

Instead of taking the three pauls as a "HAH,Gotcha"-argument, try to be positiv about it: aka, hey, looks like they learned from the crafter quest and made this more fair for all realms
(I have no idea if that is really the behind the scenes reason...but you could look at it that way and just be happy that things improved)
Tue 30 Apr 2019 4:35 PM by Sixin2082
Mid here. For the farm quest I ended up slipping part the mg with a zerg, then broke off on my own. For the last part I ended up getting pinched at the mg a bunch of times, so I used the domination teleporter to get close instead and took off for the hills.

But, you guys talking about running it multiple times, you know you can transfer it through the account vault, right?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics