demon event is JOKE

Started 4 Jul 2020
by punahou
in Ask the Team
is sat in que for over 3 hours AND NOT ONE POP?
you guys need to revamp the group algorithm because the even

IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR most of the server population.
Sat 4 Jul 2020 6:38 AM by Zwei
Must be you then. What lvl/class are you playing?

I was in there as an savage (25-34), runemaster (39-44) and Friar (37-41) and the longest waiting time was around 10 min as runemaster.

As for now the event is just awesome.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 1:54 AM by Killaloth
I guess you are a sniper.

I wanted to roll another ranger for Thid during US primetime. I waited around 1hr in total and 0 groups as lvl 1, 8 and 14.

I'm more than happy with that, we don't need more snipezerg on this server.

So just not to waste people time: don't bring a sniper to the event unless it's perhaps EU primetime, it's not going to happen.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 2:44 AM by punahou
im tryingto play a shadowblade.

this is DAY2 for me and im level 7

NOT ONE POP IN 14 hours of sitting around.

Sun 5 Jul 2020 4:23 AM by easytoremember
Killaloth wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 1:54 AM
I wanted to roll another ranger for Thid during US primetime. I waited around 1hr in total and 0 groups as lvl 1, 8 and 14.

I'm more than happy with that
what the fuck is wrong with you
Sun 5 Jul 2020 7:04 AM by punahou
I hope you devs read this-- I and many other are extremely disappointed your crappy event.

1 que a day for any character I made? yet other people claim they level 3-4 character to 50 in 2 days?

HOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive sat here from 9am SAT PST to 1203 AM sun PST and was on 7pm PST FRIDAY to 2am PST SAT

and IVE GOTTEN 3 que pops.
ive leveled my SB to 12, sklad to 19 and champ to 15.

after evey ONE que i NEVR GET A QUE AGAIN for the same toon. Ill wait for 4-5 hours on the SAME TOON and get no pop.

Instead of your crummy event, YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE all MOB 400% exp anywhere instead.

that way the EVENT IS ACCESSABLE TO EVERYONE---- PERIOD.
dont ever make this again it was terrible-- truly .

Absolutely the WORST event ive ever seen in 19 years of MMOs.
I d rather PAY A MONTHLY FEE to get a guaranteed spot in an event than play this mickey mouse event, wasting 2 whole days to accomplish NOTHING!
Sun 5 Jul 2020 7:11 AM by punahou
Zwei wrote:
Sat 4 Jul 2020 6:38 AM

I was in there as an savage (25-34), runemaster (39-44) and Friar (37-41) and the longest waiting time was around 10 min as runemaster.

ITS AWESOME BECAUSE YOU ARE BENEFITTING

its not awesome for the majority of us who got nothing from it.

I encourage you to go sit in the event and read the region chat.
what im seeing is this

new players like me who signed up recently ( i did so FRIDAY 7/2) are getting shafted.
old, established players that already have multiple 50s are getting even more 50s with ease.
the
/groupfinder lfg has got to have some coding in it that selects certain players.

IE I type
/groupfinder list and a list pops up for levels 5-11
i see
1 arms/1 merc/1champ/1 heales/2 druids/1 bard/ 2 minsrels/ 1 necro/ 1 wiz/ 1 BD/1 shaman/ 1 friar
Ive been in que 4 hours already== AND NO POP.

I refresh the list msot of those people are gone and its me and a few other left-- leading me to believe a que popped-- I was bypassed for some reason even though im certain i have been in that fkin que the longest.

YOU crappy devs definately coded your algorithm to take care of people who have been around.

and you know what? thats fine!

JUST SAY SO IN YOU GDAMN EVENT MESSAGE! BE TRANSPARENT.

for someone like me, who wanted to relive the nostalgia of DAoC-- you ruined it. YOUR EVENT WAS ABSOLUTELY THE worst ever.

You cancel my login-- im out.
Id rather

PAY FOR DYING LIVE DAOC, where I know I can level a toon OF MY CHOICE there to 50 in a few days.

Thank you for RUINING what was supposed to be a nice homecoming.

what absolute jerks.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 8:19 AM by gotwqqd
punahou wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 7:11 AM
Zwei wrote:

what im seeing is this

new players like me who signed up recently ( i did so FRIDAY 7/2) are getting shafted.
old, established players that already have multiple 50s are getting even more 50s with ease.
the
/groupfinder lfg has got to have some coding in it that selects certain players.

IE I type
i see
1 arms/1 merc/1champ/1 heales/2 druids/1 bard/ 2 minsrels/ 1 necro/ 1 wiz/ 1 BD/1 shaman/ 1 friar

I refresh the list msot of those people are gone and its me and a few other left-- leading me to believe a que popped-- I was bypassed for some reason even though im certain i have been in that fkin que the longest.

YOU crappy devs definately coded your algorithm to take care of people who have been around.

for someone like me, who wanted to relive the nostalgia of DAoC-- you ruined it. YOUR EVENT WAS ABSOLUTELY THE worst ever.

Id rather

PAY FOR DYING LIVE DAOC, where I know I can level a toon OF MY CHOICE there to 50 in a few days.

what absolute jerks.
You’re not getting shafted
You lose nothing
It’s an event
Go level up solo and first learn some things before bitching and blaming all else
Sun 5 Jul 2020 8:40 AM by Astaa
I imagine there are loads of assassins and archers queuing, the groups are built by the system so as to have the relevant classes, healers, tanks, dps etc

If there aren't enough healers and tanks then the groups cannot be made, unless you would prefer a group with 5 stealthers?!

Stop being so entitled, if you don't like the server then bugger off.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 9:34 AM by Khrin
People seem to have confused a group event about building a solid group for group content... ..with having their crappy solo-focused chars pl'ed for free.

It's sad.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 10:15 AM by Ele
punahou wrote: /groupfinder lfg has got to have some coding in it that selects certain players.

IE I type
i see

Can't be true. I don't pve anymore because I have all the toons I want, but my friends used the event to level up several characters quickly / rerolled toons from lvl 1 and got the into the 30's just while killing time until rvr group was ready. Saying that the devs designed the event to bully new players and buff established ones is just a stupid conspiracy theory.

punahou wrote: Ive sat here from 9am SAT PST to 1203 AM sun PST and was on 7pm PST FRIDAY to 2am PST SAT

after evey ONE que i NEVR GET A QUE AGAIN for the same toon. Ill wait for 4-5 hours on the SAME TOON and get no pop.

I don't know about your time zone etc., but what I got out of the groupfinder - not only this one, but those from other MMO's too - is that support is always lacking. Trying to get 3 different dps classes into is to be considered pretty optimistic, especially since the devs announced that a longer queue time for anything other than support is to be expected:
Uthred wrote: 3. Depending on your class and the amount of other players in your level range, you may have to wait for some time. Support classes will have a very short queue, you should get a group within 5 mins easily while dps classes may wait up to 30 mins or more. This is not the DEVs fault, the same thing can be found in many other mmorpg's. Dont spam the chat with negativity and toxicity. Dont ruin the fun for others. Maybe switch to a class that is more needed. Use /groupfinder list to see which class is missing the most at the moment.

punahou wrote: what absolute jerks.
Maybe stick to one of the suggestions in the event announcement and switch to a support class if there is no spot for your stealther or melee in your level range instead of being toxic, insult the staff and spread conspiracy theories?
Sun 5 Jul 2020 12:51 PM by opossum12
punahou wrote:
Zwei wrote:

what im seeing is this

the

IE I type
i see

Id rather

what absolute jerks.
Are you serious? Conspiracy to help people with level 50 characters to get more 50, but leave out new players? Yeah makes sense, just like Bill Gates tracking us with a covid vaccine.

They recently added a 25% bonus to XP for players leveling a first lvl 50 character on the server, but for an XP event they woukd leave them out?

Man go have a Snickers.

My personal experience :

- level 40 theurgist.
First queue : 1 min 30 sec. Got in a group, 2 players instantly disbanded because the comp was strange. After 10 waves at 5 we decided to end it.

Second queue : maybe 2 minutes queue time. Rolled as 7 for a while, then a dps disbanded and we ended up wiping soon after.

Third queue : under 5 minutes queue time, got in a 2 heavy 3 bomb comp, was awesome. Aroubd wave 25 SM LD'd and we ended up wiping.

Fourth queue : under 5 minutes. Melee oriented comp with af debuff nexro, warrior was 3 shotting the mobs. Got to wave 40 and we just all left cause we all dinged 50 and it we all wanted to go to bed.

I tried leveling up my lvl 9 wizard. Did /groupfinder list, realized there were not a lot of people in the queue and instead of standing forever waiting forna grouo, I just did something else.

Also, note that they did mention that for the dps slot, stealthers would get bypassed by other dps. So if you are trying to PL your stealther using this event, youbare out of luck. Server has enough of these cancer classes anyways.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 5:53 PM by dbeattie71
punahou wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 7:04 AM
I hope you devs read this-- I and many other are extremely disappointed your crappy event.

1 que a day for any character I made? yet other people claim they level 3-4 character to 50 in 2 days?

HOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive sat here from 9am SAT PST to 1203 AM sun PST and was on 7pm PST FRIDAY to 2am PST SAT

Instead of your crummy event, YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE all MOB 400% exp anywhere instead.

I d rather PAY A MONTHLY FEE to get a guaranteed spot in an event than play this mickey mouse event, wasting 2 whole days to accomplish NOTHING!

Have done,
Cleric, Friar, Theurg and Reaver now.

Maybe u a noob?
Sun 5 Jul 2020 6:46 PM by ExcretusMaximus
I'm usually highly critical of the devs here (too much, probably), but you're just being a jerk for the Hell of it.

No way is your tale of sitting around for multiple hours true, and if it is you have only yourself to blame for sitting there at level 1 instead of going out and actually playing the game a little before getting, what is essentially, power leveled.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 11:34 PM by Sagz
punahou wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 7:04 AM

HOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

i took my Skald from 1 - 50 in like 8 hours played
Thuerg 10 - 42 enough to solo lyonesse
Healer 1 - 40 (will finish tonight)
Reaver 1 - 36 ( will try to finish tonight)

and like 4 toons to 24 for thidranki with no issues (scout/NS/SB)

Hardest toons were the stealthers of course

Sounds like you need patience, i crafted and watched tv while i qued

I think this event was better than the last because of people wanting only dot kite last time, this was more group friendly. The only change i wish was the primary and secondary healer, i would have been more than happy with a say Warden and shammy as both healers. At least you could knock out the first 12-15 waves before it got too harry and that would been a few levels instead of waiting around sometimes.

Mon 6 Jul 2020 1:35 AM by opossum12
Tbh one healer is fine as long as you have ae cc (root/mezz).

The whole event was fun, just looking at the classes you got and how to approach the waves, rotating cc on the mobs (mezz one side, root the other, and vice versa as they come out of the first cc).
Mon 6 Jul 2020 4:54 AM by Zwei
After all, i think we (and the server) are better off without toxic, nonsense spouting kids like him.
Mon 6 Jul 2020 12:47 PM by Shamissa
Did you have the right macro like /macro lfg /groupfinder lfg? Then 2nd macro
/macro ready /groupfinder ready......if not then don’t complain, cause in my group i had rangers, sb’s , scout most the time.
Mon 6 Jul 2020 7:34 PM by Enyore
punahou wrote:
Zwei wrote:

what im seeing is this

the

IE I type
i see

Id rather

what absolute jerks.

LOL - you sound like a child who was denied a toy....

Its the most pathetic thing i think i have seen on the forum so far.... and that says alot. I mean how do you take yourself seriously?

Have some respect - its a free service they make on their own time... and most of us actually had fun with this event.
Mon 6 Jul 2020 7:59 PM by pollojack
Go three 50s out of this, an amusing thread to be sure.
Tue 7 Jul 2020 12:22 AM by Actionpigeon
Lots of negativity in this thread, you could monitor the queues and I would have assumed you'd said something sooner if you were that bothered, rather than sitting in a queue for that long.

I loved the event, it was a great opportunity to play with people from the other realms, I had lots of conversations with people and felt that the devs did a great job with the whole thing, bugs considered.

I managed to get 5 50's out of it, but I did play a lot. Mercenary, Theurgist, Savage, Reaver and Cabalist.

Making a thread to call the event a joke doesn't seem fair, lots of people had fun and for whatever reason you weren't able to join, you bash them like there wasn't the possibility you were doing something wrong as everyone else managed to join just fine on all classes?

Tue 7 Jul 2020 9:44 AM by Gablag
4 50's here Berserker, Theurg, Necro and Shadowblade.
The waiting time for the sb was around 30 min and well worth it.

All i can say is tyvm for this fine event! it was great fun in random groups from all realms. Had some good laughs.
Tue 7 Jul 2020 10:53 AM by daytonchambers
punahou wrote:
Sat 4 Jul 2020 5:38 AM
is sat in que for over 3 hours AND NOT ONE POP?
you guys need to revamp the group algorithm because the even

IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR most of the server population.

This is simply untrue.

I took a BD to 50, Shadowblade to 50, Spiritmaster to 50, and Thane to 49 over the three day event before it timed out.

git gud
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics