your event is worthless-- i was looking to comeback to this game but now im out

Started 5 Jul 2020
by punahou
in Suggestions
ive sate as a shadowblade at the event for 2 days straight and NOT ONE POP.

Its extremely biased and unfair that other classes get insta pops at will.
Im not going to play a game that care zero for its players

Dont advertise your event only to have it pop for a select few.

IN 2 days I have reached level 7! 7
think about that nad how frustrating that is for an event that is touted to help you level quickly
Sun 5 Jul 2020 4:46 AM by joshisanonymous
Honestly, I don't believe that you've waited up to 13 hours for not one pop, but if you did, maybe it's because it takes roughly 30 minutes to get to level 10 on this server. If you haven't gotten into the event after even 30 minutes of waiting, maybe just go do some kill tasks and when you get to level 20 or so an hour later, try the event again.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 5:28 AM by Lollie
Theres no bias towards classes, it's what ever is grouped with you in the list around your level.
I managed to get my healer from 11 - 50 in about 6 hours with breaks in between, in that time I was grouped with all sorts of classes, including scouts/hunters/rangers/shadowblades.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 7:09 AM by Noashakra
Why would you go to the even before lvl 10/15 anyway. You can do that in one hour...
It's the fault of the dev that no one lvl 15 or less did the even?
And you come here to post everywhere to insult hte work of the devs? GTFO, I am glad you are not part of our community.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 7:32 AM by punahou
go haveeth devs pull my logs they'd either be aghast or they high five each other saying that we got another one.

and yes over 2 DAYS I HAD 3 que pops no bull crap.

and please I just signed up 7/2-- dotn assume I know ins and outs of this shard.

Im coming in fresh-- no shared vault to twink me, no people I know to PL me.

the non transparent event SAYS nothing about what when you should go there.

Its open and level 1 and therefore it should be accessable to level 1 people.

Entitled people like you who have established yourself on the server should be willing to lend help to those starting out.

this event was terrible-- period. Im not the only one who thinks so-- many in the event are complaining as well.

I know you dont care, but im going to express my displeasure as this event isnt truly open to everyone who plays.\

and if that shte way they coded it fine! but let your playerbase know that only a small percentage of people will be able to make 3-5 more level 50 toons. The rest of you can sit in the even hoping and praying to a que pop while older. established players brag about their great experience.

If they wanted to do this right-- then they make the event accessable to all. no 1-4 hours ques.
no need for 'healers' and 'tanks'; ( the common baloney thrown around)

all that should be required for the even is X amount of players per group, and you go in kill as much as you can and rinse and repeat with whatever classes are in there.

this myth about needing healers and is pure malarky. There are multiple casters with pets who can more that hold their with no healer or tank.

We use used to take a few enchanters to cursed forest and pet tank/ae bushels of mobs with no healers and we PL guild members fast. As it stands now-- many other classes have great CC and super AE dps so the tank/healer combo is for the birds.

Other times we take a FG of rangers/ns pull and wed kill stuff so fast that healers and tanks werent needed. thinking out of the box. this event was stale and should have been advertised about its bias and pitfalls.

Your que may not last as long, but your are gettign a steady stream of exp rather than level from 1-12 ove rhte course of 13 hours due to the lack of que pops for certain people.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 7:46 AM by Lollie
With no healers or tanks your going to struggle on the first wave.
I personally have had a lot of fun leveling in the event. It's got nothing to do with how long people have played here, it's all about what level you are, how is in the list and you class. My healer got groups with hardly and wait time, my tank had longer but still got groups. If you want to level a dps along with a ton of others then you have to roll the dice with the ques.

Yes the event is open to level 1s but no-one in their right mind should be queuing for the event then. You have no items, no abilities. Go level a bit in the main land, in the time you waited in the que you'd be 20/30 by now depending on how you xp'd.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 1:14 PM by Chaskha
Stealther and whine at level 1.
You made my day.

Stealth should be removed from this game all together.

Now, seriously, when people join a shard, they SHOULD read the forum first, at least a bit;
You'd know
- solo is rewarded by eggs - that can be turned into xp at trainer
- some mobs have task xp - that can be turned into xp at trainer
- some sites show the locs of those specific mobs
- mobs in frontiers loot branches/snow/soil - that can be turned into xp at main frontier docks NPC
- starting your group instead of passively be lfg can get you 50 FAST
- complaining day 1 on the forum without any of the knowledge above makes you a whiner, I hope you're young or french, at least have an excuse ... (I'm french, I do whatever joke on us all I want :p).

Come on man, don't loose your shit like that on a shard you have no clue how dedicated the team is (surely not agreeing with all they do but those people are working ALL the time to try to make us happy).
Sun 5 Jul 2020 2:29 PM by Bradekes
punahou wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 2:51 AM
ive sate as a shadowblade at the event for 2 days straight and NOT ONE POP.

Its extremely biased and unfair that other classes get insta pops at will.
Im not going to play a game that care zero for its players

Dont advertise your event only to have it pop for a select few.

IN 2 days I have reached level 7! 7
think about that nad how frustrating that is for an event that is touted to help you level quickly

You could of tried to make friends in those hours of sitting around and maybe you could of had fun with some of the established players helping you out. But maybe you're too toxic for phoenix? You should try again and open up a bit in game.

I guarantee if you try to join one of the open guilds and tell them you're new to the server you will get plenty of support
Mon 6 Jul 2020 4:28 AM by Hockeytown00
The irony in this guy calling someone else "entitled". You literally made me log in to respond /clap. Byyyyyyyyye!
Mon 6 Jul 2020 5:00 AM by Zwei
Lollie wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 7:46 AM
With no healers or tanks your going to struggle on the first wave.
I personally have had a lot of fun leveling in the event. It's got nothing to do with how long people have played here, it's all about what level you are, how is in the list and you class. My healer got groups with hardly and wait time, my tank had longer but still got groups. If you want to level a dps along with a ton of others then you have to roll the dice with the ques.

Yes the event is open to level 1s but no-one in their right mind should be queuing for the event then. You have no items, no abilities. Go level a bit in the main land, in the time you waited in the que you'd be 20/30 by now depending on how you xp'd.

Exactly. My friend "prepaired" for the event with his new SB in lvling it to ~lvl 18. After 8 hours played in total he was lvl 50 thanks to the event. The longest time i had to wait were around 20 mins with my cabalist. This lot of crying just shows how ungrateful and stupid ppl can be. Feels like dealing with Karens now in daoc.
Mon 6 Jul 2020 6:22 AM by Astaa
punahou wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 7:32 AM
Entitled people like you who have established yourself on the server should be willing to lend help to those starting out.

Dictionary definition of irony, right there.

You rolled a class that is basically useless for group exping, expect others to PL you. You're in for a shock if you do ever hit 50 and realise you need 50-80 plat to template.

Top tip. Roll something useful first, have non-group classes as side projects.
Mon 6 Jul 2020 7:04 AM by iridia
Bye friend, we'll miss you.
Mon 6 Jul 2020 11:12 AM by Ele
Did you create this thread to whine because you didn't like the responses in your first one?
https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/ask-the-team/14539-demon-event-is-joke
Tue 7 Jul 2020 2:33 AM by jhaerik
Meanwhile I got 4 new shiny 50's out of the event.

I am sad you didn't get to 50 though. I'd loved to have another unpracticed, untempted, rr1 stealther around to get RP off of.
I mean what did you even think you were going to do after getting 50? You'd still need to farm out around 50p for a temp and without a temp or RR a damn Aug Shammy could solo you.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics