Relics

Started 30 Jun 2020
by Forlornhope
in Ask the Team
Is there any reason you guys don't discourage or make it impossible to take a friendly relic from the castle, then stand in the relic town behind all the master wizards? I have noticed it happen so many times, and really don't agree that this tactic should be acceptable.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 12:42 PM by dbeattie71
Forlornhope wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 12:30 PM
Is there any reason you guys don't discourage or make it impossible to take a friendly relic from the castle, then stand in the relic town behind all the master wizards? I have noticed it happen so many times, and really don't agree that this tactic should be acceptable.

It's being cleaned, just bad timing imo.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 1:28 PM by Forlornhope
dbeattie71 wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 12:42 PM
Forlornhope wrote:

I am not sure that will solve the problem I am talking about. I am referring to how you can just go take the relic out of the temple when the gate opens, before the enemy goes through and just sit in the relic town for two hours afk. I don't think this tactic should be allowed
Tue 30 Jun 2020 1:42 PM by Nunki
Forlornhope wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 1:28 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Forlornhope wrote:
I am not sure that will solve the problem I am talking about. I am referring to how you can just go take the relic out of the temple when the gate opens, before the enemy goes through and just sit in the relic town for two hours afk. I don't think this tactic should be allowed
Is this how it works?

Afaik an enemy needs to pick the relic up and either drop it or die, so that a realm mate picks it up and brings it to the relic town instead of bringing back to temple.
Which is totally fine.

Those noobs going to the relic alone (mostly with speed5) without help of their zerg are at fault.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 2:13 PM by Forlornhope
Nunki wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 1:42 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:
Is this how it works?

Afaik an enemy needs to pick the relic up and either drop it or die, so that a realm mate picks it up and brings it to the relic town instead of bringing back to temple.
Which is totally fine.

Those noobs going to the relic alone (mostly with speed5) without help of their zerg are at fault.

I don't know which of us is actually correct about that, either way I still don't think they should be able to actually go stand in the relic town for 2 hours lol
Tue 30 Jun 2020 8:52 PM by Gildar
Forlornhope wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 2:13 PM
Nunki wrote:
Forlornhope wrote:
Is this how it works?

Which is totally fine.

I don't know which of us is actually correct about that, either way I still don't think they should be able to actually go stand in the relic town for 2 hours lol

YES they do exactly this today.

We Hib open str relic gate ... a "smart" skald speed 6 get the scabbard and die by a necro... He picks up the relic and go to castle sauvage behind the line of master wizards... untouchable ... He sit for 2 hours and we all in BG have to wait reset to take

In my opinion this is absolutely NO FAIR and cant be an available behaviour, disrupting the very heart of gameplay ... we need 2 hours of fights to open relic gate ... no FAIR a single toon can just sit over relic at border keep out of the RvR zone .

Work as intended ? LOL

Ì cant believe so ...relic MUST stay in RvR zone where all realms can take it, not behind border Guards line.

Hope some GM answer to this argument ... and stop that !

Or that waste all RvR in this server.
Many now do that and relics raids become only memories of good old Times....
Imho
Tue 30 Jun 2020 10:15 PM by Forlornhope
Gildar wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 8:52 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 2:13 PM
Nunki wrote:
Is this how it works?

Which is totally fine.

YES they do exactly this today.

We Hib open str relic gate ... a "smart" skald speed 6 get the scabbard and die by a necro... He picks up the relic and go to castle sauvage behind the line of master wizards... untouchable ... He sit for 2 hours and we all in BG have to wait reset to take

In my opinion this is absolutely NO FAIR and cant be an available behaviour, disrupting the very heart of gameplay ... we need 2 hours of fights to open relic gate ... no FAIR a single toon can just sit over relic at border keep out of the RvR zone .

Work as intended ? LOL

Ì cant believe so ...relic MUST stay in RvR zone where all realms can take it, not behind border Guards line.

Hope some GM answer to this argument ... and stop that !

Or that waste all RvR in this server.
Many now do that and relics raids become only memories of good old Times....
Imho

Yup, I saw the dude sitting in the relic town when I logged into my friar. I've seen it numerous times and was told by Uthred that this is working as intended. It's really a stupid mechanic.
Wed 1 Jul 2020 6:57 AM by Sepplord
i guess the reasoning for it being working as intended is that once the defending realm has regained it's relic and was able to go to safety the relic should be able to kept safe while the relic doors are being closed

This does make sense in a few ways, but is absolutely horrible in scenarios where solo people try to snag the relic and fail

A workaround could be to send troops towards the relic gate before it opens and stop small enemy forces from entering. When keeping the big RvR scope it doesn't make sense anyways that the only strategy that happens is to roam around in a big blob instead of having different sized forces that coordinate. I am not saying that would be more effective in DAoC but at least in this circumstance it could be
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics