Changes to the Solo Zone(s) - PvP Zone

Started 24 Jun 2020
by Uthred
in Planned Changes
As we are in general fine with duels between different realms, we really dont like how it turned out in the solo zone. We said multiple times before, that you dont have to add or to fight every enemy, but the last days in the solo zone showed some very strange and partly rule breaking behavior (like intentional CC breaking and such) which resulted in a lot of extra work for the staff.

Thats why we are going to do some changes again and test the following for the next couple of days:

- The solo teleporters will be removed.
- You will get full rps and full task participation in the pvp zone (we may change this again)
- Bow towns with spectators are forbidden.

All other rules stay in affect. Check this thread for more infos: --> https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13662

Hopefully these changes will bring us to the desired goal: That solo fights are possible without getting zerged by higher numbers and that they dont turn out into a duel circle where only a few selected players are welcome.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:14 AM by Teehehe
why not go with the approach of you have to visit each area to unlock the port and its only valid for like 1hour
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:20 AM by jhaerik
Might I point out that this wasn't such an issue with OF?

It's just insanely hard to find small man action in NF without getting roll by a group. The little small man action there is usually involves some folks sitting in a tower and waiting for there NS/SB/Inf buddy to pop someone so they can roll out on him.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:24 AM by gnefner
jhaerik wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:20 AM

It's just insanely hard to find small man action in NF without getting roll by a group. The little small man action there is usually involves some folks sitting in a tower and waiting for there NS/SB/Inf buddy to pop someone so they can roll out on him.

This... Soloing and small man is so tiresome most of the time.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:29 AM by opossum12
A big issue of NF is that because of all the porting, there are a lot less travelling happening. It's not as easy as OF where travel routes were pretty clear (and camped).

But without porting, you soend a lot of time actually travelling, so it's kind of a double-edged sword.

Maybe porting all the way to DC/beno/bled shoukdn't be in the game, just to favor the apparition of common travel routes
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:32 AM by Jaxx
Thanks staff for close this TP, the basic idea was good, but there was a lot of abuse.

The solo zone is quickly transformed in private "nerd elitist" duellist, and if you dont have the class for duel you are RIP, and if you add or just attack one (no /bow before!) > all focus you and few players free insults.
And after i view "soloer" fullbuff and grouped with healer class, etc...

jhaerik wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:20 AM
Yes im agree i have never prob for small/solo-duo in OF, strangely. ^^

Its maybe with NF all have easy Teleport?
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:39 AM by Uthred
There is also a smallmen pvp zone (without realm timer even). Just saying.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:41 AM by Noashakra
Thank you to the /bow people who transformed a QoL TP to go to the tasks, EV or the docks.

It could have been a zone were people fight without sitting and that would have been so interesting.

Now back to the boat trying to avoid the 3 stealth zergs camping there...
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:43 AM by ularewolf
Uthred wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:08 AM

Can you please elaborate? Do you mean the "fight club" styles, where people just watch two people fight? Is this only applied in the PvP zone? This stuff happens in thid which I tend to be a part of, so just wanna make sure I'm not breaking some new rule by doing it.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:46 AM by DarkDavion
Uthred wrote:
As we are in general fine with duels between different realms, we really dont like how it turned out in the solo zone. We said multiple times before, that you dont have to add or to fight every enemy, but the last days in the solo zone showed some very strange and partly rule breaking behavior (like intentional CC breaking and such) which resulted in a lot of extra work for the staff.

Thats why we are going to do some changes again and test the following for the next couple of days:

- You will get full rps and full task participation in the pvp zone (we may change this again)

All other rules stay in affect. Check this thread for more infos: --> https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13662

Hopefully these changes will bring us to the desired goal: That solo fights are possible without getting zerged by higher numbers and that they dont turn out into a duel circle where only a few selected players are welcome.

First of all tnx you Uthred for your efforts for us ( I mean ppl who like to solo) here my 2 cents. Why don't put a timer when after you tp in the solo zone if you don't get a kill in the first 2min and every 2min you will not receive RPs (or drastically reduced). In this way you Have to fight,if there are a lot of enemies you can choose to not add in already started fight, but you have to fight! If there is only a 1v1 going, we'll, this will become 1v1v1. You will not remove action from frontiers, full groups can still be jerks and kill soloers and soloers are happy.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:47 AM by Centenario
I tried it yesterday for the first time:

- i instinctively /bowed someone for duel because its always been like that in DAoC.
- I got stomped by bg and smallmen twice

that was the 3 times I tried, I stopped because I thought it was stupid to go there hoping to find 1v1 and getting stomped by non 1v1-ers

Could leave the solo tp there, if you the other pvp-event zone gets to see more action.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:55 AM by Uthred
ularewolf wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:43 AM
Uthred wrote:

Can you please elaborate? Do you mean the "fight club" styles, where people just watch two people fight? Is this only applied in the PvP zone? This stuff happens in thid which I tend to be a part of, so just wanna make sure I'm not breaking some new rule by doing it.

It is still allowed to watch a fight and to not engage in it. If you see a fight and want to watch it, feel free to do so. But after the fight move on.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:59 AM by jhaerik
Uthred wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:39 AM

I mean no offense but it would be less of an issue finding action in NF if that didn't exist either... and it's going to be just as abused.... NF is just too damn large to be splitting up the pop... I mean you do realize the solo zone pvp guys are just going to hope over there and do more bow dueling right?
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:00 PM by evert
Does this mean the solo porter is gone, or just the ability to port directly without dying? The former would be bad imo. Will check in a bit I guess EDIT: seems its the former. Put it back to how it used to be!

Don't think the pvp zone is the right answer as it removes solos from frontier and splits the action, better to have something that makes solos travel in certain areas of frontier. But I will give it another go.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:05 PM by thirian24
jhaerik wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:59 AM
Uthred wrote:

I mean no offense but it would be less of an issue finding action in NF if that didn't exist either... and it's going to be just as abused.... NF is just too damn large to be splitting up the pop... I mean you do realize the solo zone pvp guys are just going to hope over there and do more bow dueling right?

It's literally a fraction of the population. It won't kill the Fz. For the love of god.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:14 PM by Razur Ur
Uthred wrote:

where is the difference to lastman standing? where the players theoretically can have bow duels with 8 other spectators? if 10 players participate, not all other players
are excluded as well? apart from the fact that this bow duel zone could be crashed by other full groups at any time! Find this prohibition silly and is only a temporary
appearance what you have seen the last days.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:19 PM by Hogfish
Uthred wrote:

What about the zone is against the rules? God forbid people like playing this game for good 1v1 fights. How is this zone any different than the gvg list where those douchebags will /yell and cry when an archer adds them and then pull off the fight and rest up. This is such a knee jerk reaction to a handful of losers that cried because they didn’t have solos to roll over at docks anymore with their full groups and stealth zergs.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:28 PM by Razur Ur
And if you're going to remove the solo porter, then please do something about the stealther groups, which now camp all over the docks! Why don't the Steahlther who
form a duo or group get -10% rp per kill per stealther in a group? so get a full group with stealther a maximum rp penality of -80%.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:29 PM by Teraquan
So this is a problem, but stealth zergs, grps camping solo zones, people camping docks and ruining rvr for everyone else isn't.
If you feel the need for this, can you please bring back the PVP zones? Otherwhise its not worth logging anymore
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:31 PM by Razur Ur
Teraquan wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:29 PM
So this is a problem, but stealth zergs, grps camping solo zones, people camping docks and ruining rvr for everyone else isn't.
If you feel the need for this, can you please bring back the PVP zones? Otherwhise its not worth logging anymore

otherwise the most solo players staying afk in relict town or quit that game. here all solo players who like 1vs1 are excluded from
this game and that only because it is the weakest community compared to zerger and 8vs8 players and i can't understand why
solo players are not allowed to use the smallman teleporter! where is the logic in that?
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:40 PM by Noashakra
Hogfish wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:19 PM
Uthred wrote:

What about the zone is against the rules? God forbid people like playing this game for good 1v1 fights. How is this zone any different than the gvg list where those douchebags will /yell and cry when an archer adds them and then pull off the fight and rest up. This is such a knee jerk reaction to a handful of losers that cried because they didn’t have solos to roll over at docks anymore with their full groups and stealth zergs.

The solution was simple. Don't bow and roam around looking for fights. But I guess it was too hard to understand for many people. It was sure that the TP will be removed, but people didn't care. They wanted to /bow lower rank people and classes they could beat.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:46 PM by RMC_Ethlanne
Pls dont remove the solo porter, it is a huge QoL for soloers. Just forbid duel circles
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:48 PM by Nephamael
I personally am no dueller. I always found after a while of duelling people get bored of it and designate an area around the duellers for open field incs.

As i had not much time to play the last days i wasn't able to try and convince people myself to do that already...

- Some classes thrive a lot more in duels (non cc melees) so it's natural for them to seek duels.-

--- I have seen some questionable behavior about punishing people who tried to open field inc without /bow, but that was just a super small fraction of the players. 99% of the solos respect any 1v1 no matter how it happens.

Mostly people gathered to protect each other of smallmen and adders which is in sync with the ruleset and necessary to protect solo action in an open frontier, without getting farmed.

--------------------------------
I feel like this patch is a little 2 early again, even tho i desire a more mobile 1v1 action myself.

I fear the big problem will be the solos of lower pop hours not being able to find sufficient people to generate smooth action without long QUEs in PvP, but i will inform you when i see how it pans out after a few days.

A possible solution could be to open the solo teleporters for low pop times and close them when more than 1,5k players are online.

EDIT:
I fear the big problem will be the solos of lower pop hours not being able to find sufficient people to generate smooth action without long QUEs in PvP, but i will inform you when i see how it pans out after a few days.

A possible solution could be to open the solo teleporters for low pop times and close them when more than 1,5k players are online.

so there is no QUE, that's defnitely the way to go !!!

I guess at low pop times there will be a bit of sitting /bowing cause of lack of enough players for active roaming, but that will hopefully be accepted by the DEVS. And the players can just roam around the portals to keep it more exciting.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:52 PM by nudasunttactu
grats ! was expecting this people cried too much about the zone(cause they cant compete in there) and it got changed
First of all, regarding the things you said about /bow and certain players arent welcomed there you are 100% totally wrong because u havent played there. I played there for the past 1 week everyday and let me tell you no one even cares what class you bring there, its all about respecting others(if u are a known adder/zerger or if u add any other player's fights ofc ppl will gank you up - you messed their fun now they mess up your fun so u get what u deserve).
Second of all, the zone is suitable the best for players that dont get rvr groups and dont like to keep take(which is utterly boring). Its the prefered way for rps for some kind of players(like me). Instead of spamming lfg for RvR and get 0 invites (because elitists and premade dont (NEVER) invite random ppl) (and because i dont want to go with the zerg and get wiped by 1 high RR fga cause ppl dont know how what to do in a fight) i prefer porting to solo area and fight. (yeah with this change ill find a new way to solo and wont cry about it, just stating facts).
Regarding the CC break its also NOT against the rules (im free to attack whoever i want) - depends on interpretation, and there is no rule that says you aren't allowed to do so. Since fgs come to break soloers fun its an immediate effect that players will turn against them and there's nothing you or any daoc server can do about it to change this behaviour.
"Hopefully these changes will bring us to the desired goal: That solo fights are possible without getting zerged by higher numbers and that they dont turn out into a duel circle where only a few selected players are welcome." With this change you went further from this goal, you are making ppl to run to the zone and while running getting ganked by fg stealthers that usually camps routes and the player will utimately not enjoy this experience and quit the game (or do something else rather than playing their prefered solo class)(talking about people that prefer solo playstyle compared to the rest)
As i stated before, all the time i was there i didnt see any necro (we all hate necros for example) that came and got a treatment as being unwanted and not welcome there, and examples like this are many.
For example if im being ganked by X with his stealthers friend or by Y with his smallman buddies and i see him (X or Y) coming to solo in the solo zone, for sure i will disrespect them too, just the way they messed up my fun by ganking me over and over again.
These being said, the solo pvp zone its all about respect (there's literally no hate unless there was disrespect amongst certain people). With this change, you are moving away from the goal you want to achieve. Certain people cried about the zone because they cannot come with their smallman to gank people cause every other solo will rush to kill them and i think thats what you deserve if u do that. And FGs cried about it because of the mezz breaking (i can attack whoever i want), !! mezz breaking being an effect if u bring ur FG to kill solos !!!.
The solo pvp zone was never and it shouldn't be a problem with this server, it doesnt affect rvr at all u can still gank, u can still bg vs bg , u can still 8v8 u can still do whatever. U dont wanna bow ? fine, go on and attack people in the solo area without bowing but then dont cry when u get ganked by soloers in the zone again since you broke their unwritten rule(which shows a bit of respect when u do bow to people). Its that easy. You played a scout and zerged soloers and ganked greys and blues and greens players and u came to solo zone cause now u are rank 10 and u think ppl respect u and expect to get a fair treatment? not gonna happen. Its that simple
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:59 PM by Razur Ur
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:40 PM
The solution was simple. Don't bow and roam around looking for fights. But I guess it was too hard to understand for many people. It was sure that the TP will be removed, but people didn't care. They wanted to /bow lower rank people and classes they could beat.

I have never challenged anybody with bow in the zones but I have always been challenged because I understand that not everybody wants to duel with my champion.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 1:10 PM by Cotea
nudasunttactu wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:52 PM
grats ! was expecting this people cried too much about the zone(cause they cant compete in there) and it got changed
First of all, regarding the things you said about /bow and certain players arent welcomed there you are 100% totally wrong because u havent played there. I played there for the past 1 week everyday and let me tell you no one even cares what class you bring there, its all about respecting others(if u are a known adder/zerger or if u add any other player's fights ofc ppl will gank you up - you messed their fun now they mess up your fun so u get what u deserve).
Second of all, the zone is suitable the best for players that dont get rvr groups and dont like to keep take(which is utterly boring). Its the prefered way for rps for some kind of players(like me). Instead of spamming lfg for RvR and get 0 invites (because elitists and premade dont (NEVER) invite random ppl) (and because i dont want to go with the zerg and get wiped by 1 high RR fga cause ppl dont know how what to do in a fight) i prefer porting to solo area and fight. (yeah with this change ill find a new way to solo and wont cry about it, just stating facts).
Regarding the CC break its also NOT against the rules (im free to attack whoever i want) - depends on interpretation, and there is no rule that says you aren't allowed to do so. Since fgs come to break soloers fun its an immediate effect that players will turn against them and there's nothing you or any daoc server can do about it to change this behaviour.
"Hopefully these changes will bring us to the desired goal: That solo fights are possible without getting zerged by higher numbers and that they dont turn out into a duel circle where only a few selected players are welcome." With this change you went further from this goal, you are making ppl to run to the zone and while running getting ganked by fg stealthers that usually camps routes and the player will utimately not enjoy this experience and quit the game (or do something else rather than playing their prefered solo class)(talking about people that prefer solo playstyle compared to the rest)
As i stated before, all the time i was there i didnt see any necro (we all hate necros for example) that came and got a treatment as being unwanted and not welcome there, and examples like this are many.
For example if im being ganked by X with his stealthers friend or by Y with his smallman buddies and i see him (X or Y) coming to solo in the solo zone, for sure i will disrespect them too, just the way they messed up my fun by ganking me over and over again.
These being said, the solo pvp zone its all about respect (there's literally no hate unless there was disrespect amongst certain people). With this change, you are moving away from the goal you want to achieve. Certain people cried about the zone because they cannot come with their smallman to gank people cause every other solo will rush to kill them and i think thats what you deserve if u do that. And FGs cried about it because of the mezz breaking (i can attack whoever i want), !! mezz breaking being an effect if u bring ur FG to kill solos !!!.
The solo pvp zone was never and it shouldn't be a problem with this server, it doesnt affect rvr at all u can still gank, u can still bg vs bg , u can still 8v8 u can still do whatever. U dont wanna bow ? fine, go on and attack people in the solo area without bowing but then dont cry when u get ganked by soloers in the zone again since you broke their unwritten rule(which shows a bit of respect when u do bow to people). Its that easy. You played a scout and zerged soloers and ganked greys and blues and greens players and u came to solo zone cause now u are rank 10 and u think ppl respect u and expect to get a fair treatment? not gonna happen. Its that simple

All I hear is Charlie Browns teacher....
Wed 24 Jun 2020 1:12 PM by jhaerik
thirian24 wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:05 PM
jhaerik wrote:
Uthred wrote:

It's literally a fraction of the population. It won't kill the Fz. For the love of god.

I mean it's more of a NF problem but diff story.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 1:15 PM by Nephamael

There is many solos desiring open field inc fights over duels, and i am sure it would have naturally happened in the area around the duellers.

Nevertheless we should respect every solo that does not add and if you add onto a guy that doesn't /bow before fighting you surely play against the fair solos spirit. (and in PvP against the rules which is obviously showing this behavior is not wanted by the DEVs wherever it appears.)

Put aside your hate and give people that you know as zergers or adders a chance, else you exclude them from the action. If they keep playing unfair you can still punish them when they actually do so.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 1:45 PM by nudasunttactu
Nephamael wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 1:15 PM

There is many solos desiring open field inc fights over duels, and i am sure it would have naturally happened in the area around the duellers.

Nevertheless we should respect every solo that does not add and if you add onto a guy that doesn't /bow before fighting you surely play against the fair solos spirit. (and in PvP against the rules which is obviously showing this behavior is not wanted by the DEVs wherever it appears.)

Put aside your hate and give people that you know as zergers or adders a chance, else you exclude them from the action. If they keep playing unfair you can still punish them when they actually do so.

I didnt judge them, thats the fist impression i do when i see the guy that zerged me trying to solo, ill disrespect him too, then, if he comes again ill show respect :p
Wed 24 Jun 2020 1:58 PM by Xenosapien
10pm US time the server is a ghost town. Maybe 1-2 groups running around and 20-30 people just standing around in this "solo area" dueling each other.

You just kill the small man action when you do this. I know people are going to say that they dont want to be 2v1 or 3v1 or what not.

But thats just part of the ebb and flow of the game, you get a few kills, you get zerged down, you get revenged on them while they are fighting others or in a bad spot.

You fight duos or trios that are rr1 while your rr10 and pull off a good fight. Solo area just takes away from the natural order of rvr.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:06 PM by nudasunttactu
Xenosapien wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 1:58 PM
10pm US time the server is a ghost town. Maybe 1-2 groups running around and 20-30 people just standing around in this "solo area" dueling each other.

You just kill the small man action when you do this. I know people are going to say that they dont want to be 2v1 or 3v1 or what not.

But thats just part of the ebb and flow of the game, you get a few kills, you get zerged down, you get revenged on them while they are fighting others or in a bad spot.

You fight duos or trios that are rr1 while your rr10 and pull off a good fight. Solo area just takes away from the natural order of rvr.

soloing like that its part of the game flow aswell
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:07 PM by Razur Ur
Xenosapien wrote:

how should someone take revenge who can't find a group and can only participate solo in the rvr! how should the solo take revenge on trio's/smallman/8man or bg?
By logging out?
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:09 PM by Shamissa
In my opinion, if you want to make that area a solo zone/duel zone, you really dont need to remove teleport, all you need to do is lock that door so others lets say 8man or even Zerg wont enter and kill everybody? Simple as that.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:25 PM by Ardri
For the love of daoc, make PvP zone only one zone.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:28 PM by Cadebrennus
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:28 PM
And if you're going to remove the solo porter, then please do something about the stealther groups, which now camp all over the docks! Why don't the Steahlther who
form a duo or group get -10% rp per kill per stealther in a group? so get a full group with stealther a maximum rp penality of -80%.

Add a Stealther to your group and farm the stealthzergs. That's what we did on Live.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:34 PM by Razur Ur
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:28 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

Add a Stealther to your group and farm the stealthzergs. That's what we did on Live.

First of all you are not much better because you might kill a stealther solo and secondly I don't really know many stealther in my realm.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:38 PM by Cadebrennus
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:34 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:28 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

First of all you are not much better because you might kill a stealther soloist and secondly I don't really know many stealther in my realm.

Sure, that's a possibility. It does suck, but there are a surprising number of Stealthers who "solo" next to each other with coordinated attacks lol
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:41 PM by jhaerik
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:07 PM
Xenosapien wrote:

how should someone take revenge who can't find a group and can only participate solo in the rvr! how should the solo take revenge on trio's/smallman/8man or bg?
By logging out?

By not playing an MMO to solo?
Make friends... or well stop being an asshole.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:51 PM by Razur Ur
jhaerik wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:41 PM

the friends have real life and cannot playing all time with me! you talking a little bit shit and i ask me who of us is the a......

and btw i playing that mmo only for 8vs8 fun and not only for solo or zerg rvr!!!!
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:56 PM by canzian
Stygia or Trelle notthing change.. people sit and duel... better last man standing zone
Wed 24 Jun 2020 3:34 PM by bluefalcon420
jhaerik wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 1:12 PM
thirian24 wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:05 PM
jhaerik wrote:

I mean it's more of a NF problem but diff story.

I think it's the player base. End of story. Map is irrelevant. Everybody plays like this now.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 3:38 PM by choopak
Just a suggestion but I think the pvp zone would benefit from a group cap of 2 or 3. Would help police the dueling circles and bow towns that are still occurring.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 3:51 PM by Saroi
canzian wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:56 PM
Stygia or Trelle notthing change.. people sit and duel... better last man standing zone

I was just in there and yeah, most people back at the Portals again and people teaming up etc. to kill the unwanted classes.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 3:55 PM by inoeth
thank you zerg heros to ruin this again....
Wed 24 Jun 2020 4:24 PM by jhaerik
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:51 PM
jhaerik wrote:

the friends have real life and cannot playing all time with me! you talking a little bit shit and i ask me who of us is the a......

and btw i playing that mmo only for 8vs8 fun and not only for solo or zerg rvr!!!!

I play it for RvR. If that's getting rolled, adding into 1v1's, zerging or 8v8 it doesn't matter.
Basically how the game was designed to be played. When you start breaking everything down into their own little zones it just loses it's identity. Might as well go play WoW arena.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 4:25 PM by Svekt
Don’t blame Uthred or Zergers for this. This is the players fault that duel there and abuse the zone and port.

As a soloer I despise the community that ports and solo farms the same people over and over and picks out all their fights with freedom to decline due to duel battles. Get out and fight and learn to fight when your tricks are down as well.

This isn’t a nerf this is fix, go back to the pvp zone.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:07 PM by Cadebrennus
jhaerik wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 4:24 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:51 PM
jhaerik wrote:

I play it for RvR. If that's getting rolled, adding into 1v1's, zerging or 8v8 it doesn't matter.
Basically how the game was designed to be played. When you start breaking everything down into their own little zones it just loses it's identity. Might as well go play WoW arena.

Exactly. This is why I don't play WoW.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:28 PM by evert
Played some this afternoon, initial feedback is that it's fun and seems (maybe just timing) less crowded than day1, which is good. Seems it might have evolved since then already though...

I would much much much prefer a solution that keeps all pvp in the frontiers, there has to be something you can do to incentivise solo roaming there and not in a separate zone. I've previously listed the reasons and others too (soloers as part of the ecology, fun of fighting multiple low rr's, using terrain/mobs/towers, etc).

If you DO keep the pvp zone please consider a different map, potentially with some mobs and definitely with more terrain and chokepoints. Aerus maybe, or camelot hills?
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:32 PM by Hogfish
Xenosapien wrote:

Hahahahahaha

“Take away the solo porter because my small man doesn’t have soloers to roll anymore”

What a fucking joke
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:43 PM by Bannerd
will probably log in today at some point now !
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:44 PM by janclode

bravo , avec ma guilde , nous sommes allé tout le weekend ...essayer d’empêcher les duels... surtout que les albionnais étaient passifs lorsque l'on se faisait tuer par un midgardien ou un hibérien ..... bravo j'approuve
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:52 PM by Slyver
so duels are forbidden ? lol - i dont see why u would do that.

if u go for solo area why is it not allowed to do fair duels with /bow ?

or am i getting something wrong ?

that sounds like Mr. Kim is leading the staff - just a joke, no need to ban me.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:56 PM by Nephamael
Duels aren't forbidden, also /bow is not forbidden, it is forbidden to duel in a sitting circle and kill people incing into the circle without /bowing.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:02 PM by Slyver
Nephamael wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:56 PM
Duels aren't forbidden, also /bow is not forbidden, it is forbidden to duel in a sitting circle and kill people incing into the circle without /bowing.

If anyone adds my 1v1 or 5v5 or 8v8 i turn for the adder , and i will still do that because it would just be braindead to not do it.
Dunno where the sense is in ur sentence
And ppl sitting around 2 guys dueling are just showing respect and dont be asshats and add the fight lol.

I really dont see the problem, i mean sure if u can just win a fight (doesnt matter if 1v1 2v2 4v4 etc) by adding some ppl who are already fighting i feel rly sorry for ur skill but maybe u should go and just run with the zerg.

cheers.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:04 PM by Nephamael
Now feedback time:

After some hours it seems 70-90% of the players keep to open field incs which is great.

The zone has seen 30-60 players in it at a time so far. (at around 1200-1400 total players online)

RP/h:

6k/h on my 5L0 Warden edit: on my 2nd run today i performed better at 12k/h
7-8k/h on my 8L1 Eld
13-14k/h on my 7L4 BM

so far seems healthy.

The average add bow class i checked had about 6-7k/h

Most low ranks i checked had about 4-7k/h

Higher rank players and champs/bds/assassins i checked were averaging around 13-15k/h.

Casters i checked were between 6k/h and 12k/h.

Some very high rank stealthers getting to 17-20k/h (absolutely acceptable for a very active playstyle).
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:07 PM by Nephamael
If anyone adds my 1v1 or 5v5 or 8v8 i turn for the adder , and i will still do that because it would just be braindead to not do it.
And ppl sitting around 2 guys dueling are just showing respect and dont be asshats and add the fight lol.

I really dont see the problem, i mean sure if u can just win a fight (doesnt matter if 1v1 2v2 4v4 etc) by adding some ppl who are already fighting i feel rly sorry for ur skill but maybe u should go and just run with the zerg.

it is perfectly fine to turn on an adder, it is allowed and most of the solo community do it.

However i was talking about people sitting in a circle not allowing anyone to inc someone without a prior /bow of both players which is forbidden by DEVs now (and imo not a bad idea).
What happened was, if someone was incing a guy in or around the duel circle without the /bow they would zerg him down, which should obviously be against a fair players code and is a very griefesque style to play against those who like 1v1s, just open field instead of sitting around /bowing
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:12 PM by Slyver
Nephamael wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:07 PM

it is perfectly fine to turn on an adder, it is allowed and most of the solo community do it.

However i was talking about people sitting in a circle not allowing anyone to inc someone without a prior /bow of both players which is forbidden by DEVs now (and imo not a bad idea).
What happened was, if someone was incing a guy in or around the duel circle without the /bow they would zerg him down, which should obviously be against a fair players code and is a very griefesque style to play against those who like 1v1s, just open field instead of sitting around /bowing
The one getting zerged down could just /bow before he is incing another one ?
and most ppl who do that are high rrs who dont wanna bow to low rrs , because some seem to be scared to lose the fight if the enemy is prepared
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:15 PM by Nephamael
and most ppl who do that are high rrs who dont wanna bow to low rrs , because some seem to be scared to lose the fight if the enemy is prepared

I personally don't mind duellers, even if they sit in a circle.

I personally find that playstyle pretty boring tho, so i don't play that way if i can find other more mobile action.

The problem is the DEVs want to enforce a non circle sitting style of solo PvP.

So circle sitting enforcing other people to /bow is now forbidden.

So just don't do it

Also if someone incs another guy in a full HP 1v1, what kind of a solo are you if you add into that?!
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:19 PM by Slyver
Nephamael wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:15 PM

I personally don't mind duellers, even if they sit in a circle.

I personally find that playstyle pretty boring tho, so i don't play that way if i can find other more mobile action.

The problem is the DEVs want to enforce a non circle sitting style of solo PvP.

So circle sitting enforcing other people to /bow is now forbidden.

So just don't do it

Also if someone incs another guy in a full HP 1v1, what kind of a solo are you if you add into that?!
if the rank 10 guy is incing a rr2 without bow, why should i not just poke him - otherwise i would not do that but thats the way things go
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:28 PM by Teraquan
If a strong 1v1 class like a BD attacks a class he can't lose to , like a warden, it's ok to zerg him down.
Thats why you bow, because if the other player is not okay with duelling you, he can just go for /no.
Without people playing like this it's impossible to play certain classes solo and it's not hurting anyone, cause if this playstyle is forbidden people just stop playing these classes solo. Same thing that happend with the PVP zone, they changed it to last man standing to force people to stop duelling. Only thing that happend is that the zone died.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:11 PM by Pixsii
Teraquan wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:28 PM
If a strong 1v1 class like a BD attacks a class he can't lose to , like a warden, it's ok to zerg him down.
Thats why you bow, because if the other player is not okay with duelling you, he can just go for /no.

So this is the new Lone Enforcer / Lone Assassin? It's truly insulting to those who did this legitimately - it was a huge accomplishment, and something to be proud of in the solo community.

Looks more like a Masterdueler now.

I have to agree with the change although I will miss the solo port
Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:16 PM by nudasunttactu
no one teams up to kill unwanted classes, if people team up to kill you, grats, u disrespected their fight or them somehow and u deserve it
|You play an archer and they team up against you ? Yes ofc since archers reputation is generally known as just adders or final shot killing. Its up to you to prove that you're a different kind of archer and stop crying about it. Life is hard for all of us.
Its that simple. I've seen necros and BDs there, no one teamed up against them if they haven't disrespected them(from what i've seen). Peace
Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:36 PM by Slyver
Pixsii wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:11 PM
Teraquan wrote:

So this is the new Lone Enforcer / Lone Assassin? It's truly insulting to those who did this legitimately - it was a huge accomplishment, and something to be proud of in the solo community.

Looks more like a Masterdueler now.

I have to agree with the change although I will miss the solo port
Master Dueler sounds nice.
Lone Enforcer were mostly XP spot farmers so yeeee ..... this argument is lacking a bit
Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:14 PM by Tenny
Ok...so before this solo zone was implemented, I used the solo teleporter to avoid docks and get into enemy territory. It was super convenient to avoid the camping bottlenecks. So I was disappointed to see the porters completely gone now. Everyone is claiming that the old system you had to die in the solo zones to be allowed to port back - but literally I never did and it worked. Was this not WAI @Uthred? If it was, I'd love to have them back solely for the aforementioned purpose.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:39 PM by Nephamael
Without people playing like this it's impossible to play certain classes solo and it's not hurting anyone, cause if this playstyle is forbidden people just stop playing these classes solo. Same thing that happend with the PVP zone, they changed it to last man standing to force people to stop duelling. Only thing that happend is that the zone died.

Actually i happened to be the only solo warden on the server for some weeks at least (Lareya). Seen Crystaa today (super happy about it )

I enjoy the new zone a lot with my warden and if i see a BD or Necro i just 180 and run and maybe give them a /send sry can't fight you cause i cant win, and most of the time they let me go.

While i understand frustration about some classes you have to keep in mind DaoC 1v1 is a rock/paper/scissors balance, a BD can get recked by an assassin, a necro gets destroyed by almost every caster, a merc destroys all melees and any caster destroys a merc... that's how the game is and the more classes we see in the zone, the more interesting the gameplay experience is for everyone.

I personally can just recommend not disrespecting any class, as there is so many op classes vs specific opponent classes.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:47 PM by jhaerik
Teraquan wrote:

Arrrr
Veee
Arrrr

It's not about respecting crap. It's about killing the red guys .... People playing Norsemen and doing bow duels with the enemy. No you shoot the guy in the back, burn down his village and take his women. The only reason to bow in rvr is to bait some guy into dying to 4 archers hiding in the trees.

Nothing is more sickening to me in this game than watching people from two different realm standing around holding hands emoting each other and likely just feeding each other info on discord...
Wed 24 Jun 2020 9:09 PM by Jingo NZ
An incredibly frustrating change. The solo porters have been in for month and the latest QOL update was hard fought and really helped solos do... you know, actual RVR things.

ToA instance PVP is better suited for periodic events. Day to day RVR should be in the RVR zone (i.e. part of the ecosystem). Server changes shouldn’t cater to solos, but rather be small adjustments to offset the adversity of being bottom of the food chain.

The one good thing to come out of this is clarification about duelling rules. Thank you for that clarification devs.

There are a number of ideas that were floated in these forums as a move against the duel circles without taking the porters away altogether.

Here is another such idea:
    RP is the solo zones is reduced to 50%.
    After a month of no reported circle duelling this is increased by 10%
    After a month with reported circle duelling this is decreased by 10%

Maybe then we will start to play nicely with our toys. And we can keep solo porters as a means of moving around the map and as something to look forward to after repeated deaths.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 9:26 PM by Teraquan
jhaerik wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:47 PM
Teraquan wrote:

Arrrr
Veee
Arrrr

It's not about respecting crap. It's about killing the red guys .... People playing Norsemen and doing bow duels with the enemy. No you shoot the guy in the back, burn down his village and take his women. The only reason to bow in rvr is to bait some guy into dying to 4 archers hiding in the trees.

Nothing is more sickening to me in this game than watching people from two different realm standing around holding hands emoting each other and likely just feeding each other info on discord...

I play to have fun, and i want others to have fun too.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 9:29 PM by Slyver
jhaerik wrote:
Teraquan wrote:

Arrrr
Veee
Arrrr

LoL so fun to read - u must have real problems mate.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 9:54 PM by nudasunttactu
jhaerik wrote:
Teraquan wrote:

Arrrr
Veee
Arrrr

Cause u cant compete at any level, your only way to rank up is towers and ganking, hf not being able to play a 20 year old game at all lmao
Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:04 PM by jhaerik
nudasunttactu wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 9:54 PM
jhaerik wrote:
Teraquan wrote:

Arrrr
Veee
Arrrr

Cause u cant compete at any level, your only way to rank up is towers and ganking, hf not being able to play a 20 year old game at all lmao

Compete?
Is there a prize?
Darn I left my show pony at home.
What did you win?
Can you eat it?
Is it bigger than a bread basket?
Does it drive the women wild when you tell them about your amazing /bow duel skillz?

Seriously you are funny.

I'm perfectly happy with being an average video game Joe. I don't have anything to prove. I mean I thought this was supposed to be a war game. Nothing wrong with being a GI. Oh I'm sorry did you forget that? I know it's hard to remember that there is a game going on outside of your little fight club.

I hear that 20 years of 1337 DAoC skills and $6 will buy you two Whoppers at Burger King. Go test that out would ya?

All that said in war strategy is key. I don't think the guy that wants to fight risky 1v1 fights instead of much less risky 3v1's is all that good at strategy. I'd even argue that he's pretty bad at the "game." Basics of warfare are logistics, position, numbers, and the element of surprise. Which of those screams to you /bow, /bow, FIGHT!
Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:15 PM by Jingo NZ
Blah blah blah epeen, fairfights, no-adds, git-gud-you-zerging-adding-loser, personal insults...

Can we get back to discussing the changes please?
Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:34 PM by roope
Just some general positive feedback. Its great. Roaming is fun and brings excitement.

Its also not op in any way, today I stopped after 3 hours and had less than 6k rp/hour. Thats similar-bit worse than bg zerg.
Yea I kinda suck but you have to play to gain skill and also to climb the rp ladder.

The only idea id have is to make that message pop-up regularly (like every 5 mins, if not in combat), so that people are reminded not to spectate. Its not evident to players that suddenly they cant bow duel and watch, you have to tell them.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:08 PM by choopak
It is great there is roaming going to on, but there are numerous players still doing to same stuff at the portals in Stygia just without the /bow. Same stuff as Trellebourg and PvP zone 1.0, just without the bowing. Kudos to the roamers for making this a true FFA zone and not dueling. In reality the community won't change and will have their precious zone nerfed again for a 3rd time.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:23 AM by nudasunttactu
i still dont get it why are you people mad about dueling ? why does it bother you ? let people fight whoever they want to fight, its rly that simple. You add their fight and they gang up to kill you? you brought this to yourself, stop crying lol
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:53 AM by roope
nudasunttactu wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:23 AM
i still dont get it why are you people mad about dueling ? why does it bother you ? let people fight whoever they want to fight, its rly that simple. You add their fight and they gang up to kill you? you brought this to yourself, stop crying lol

Because 1.) it takes away players from roaming (detrimenting the experience of the roaming players), 2.) it leads to increased rp/hour, 3.) it doesnt feel like the realms are at war (detrimenting the experience of daoc players that care about the concept-story of the game), 4.) it changes the class balance (speed-kite strategy is nerfed, simplifying the game, detrimenting the experience of players thag enjoy a variety of classes daoc brings).

It has a lot of negative consequences. All this for some rps? Its not worth it, you need so much rp at higher ranks theres literally no practical difference. Just roam and you might actually enjoy the game (and make it enjoyable for others) besides getting arrpee.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:20 AM by roope
Idea: maximise rp/hour gain at pvp zone.

Why people do bow town duels is that they 1.) want to maximise rp gain, and 2.) are lazy to roam.

You cant change the second, but you can eliminate the first one, with a new mechanic, e. G. If you click 'fight' then your rp/hour is limited to 5k for the next 60 minutes.
This means that even if you chain duel rr10s, you'll get 1500 rp for the first kill, 1500 for the second, 1500 for the third, but for the 4th you would be exceeding the limit, therefore youll only get a reduced 500 rps for him. For the 5th, 6th,7th etc kill you will no longer get rps.

This way, the biggest incentive to bow town would be removed. These people may just log off after 10 minutes once the cap is reached, or keep dueling for 0 rps, either way they no longer threat the integrity and balance of the game.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:46 AM by Sepplord
Uthred wrote:
the last days in the solo zone showed some very strange and partly rule breaking behavior (like intentional CC breaking and such) which resulted in a lot of extra work for the staff.

Can't find any crossrealm bans in the ban section, though?
Instead you remove a huge QOL feature for soloplayers to get around the maps...

The people that already ruined the experimental PvP-zone by enforcing custom rules by teaming up and zerging against anyone not following their personal custom rules should have gotten a few days warning back then and this issue wouldn't have arisen again. Now they ruined another server mechanic and are blatantly crossrealming, yet instead of the server rules being enforced solo-teleporters get taken out?

I feel sorry for the real Soloers that suffer under this change and really don't understand why this is handled with double standards regarding enforcement of server rules

Svekt wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 4:25 PM
Don’t blame Uthred or Zergers for this. This is the players fault that duel there and abuse the zone and port.

In the same vein, i agree that Uthred(or staff) is not fully to blame, but if they had properly enforced the serverrules when the bow-towners started breaking serverrules then the issue would have been fixed without changing the server mechanics around
Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:34 AM by Razur Ur
roope wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:20 AM
Idea: maximise rp/hour gain at pvp zone.

Why people do bow town duels is that they 1.) want to maximise rp gain, and 2.) are lazy to roam.

You cant change the second, but you can eliminate the first one, with a new mechanic, e. G. If you click 'fight' then your rp/hour is limited to 5k for the next 60 minutes.
This means that even if you chain duel rr10s, you'll get 1500 rp for the first kill, 1500 for the second, 1500 for the third, but for the 4th you would be exceeding the limit, therefore youll only get a reduced 500 rps for him. For the 5th, 6th,7th etc kill you will no longer get rps.

This way, the biggest incentive to bow town would be removed. These people may just log off after 10 minutes once the cap is reached, or keep dueling for 0 rps, either way they no longer threat the integrity and balance of the game.

You talking a bullshit this must hurts. the duells is not rp farming! only the solo action is faster! and btw only the bg zerg is permanantly rp farming with Keeps and
Towers! Look Pilzpower Realm Rank! the BGS get to much rps with keeps and tower raiding without enemys, the same case with seelixh and hadgenen, made 11L8
in duo and that mostly with guards and tower raids as a duo! so don't tell us some shit about rp farming the hour, what you write is just pure envy not to
begrudge the others!
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:07 AM by Saroi
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:34 AM
You talking a bullshit this must hurts. the duells is not rp farming! only the solo action is faster! and btw only the bg zerg is permanantly rp farming with Keeps and
Towers! Look Pilzpower Realm Rank! the BGS get to much rps with keeps and tower raiding without enemys, the same case with seelixh and hadgenen, made 11L8
in duo and that mostly with guards and tower raids as a duo! so don't tell us some shit about rp farming the hour, what you write is just pure envy not to
begrudge the others!

I wonder where Pilzpower got his nearly 200k kills then when raiding without enemies. He has the most kills on the server, 66k more than the second one.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:41 AM by Cadebrennus
Give the people their /bow town in another zone. Just don't award ANY RPs for dueling there. I don't get any RPs for dueling my realm mates, so why should anyone make RPs for dueling someone from another realm? It's not a real fight anyways.

If these people are that hardcore about duels then make it like the duels you can already have with your realm mates.

ZERO RPs AWARDED.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 11:14 AM by inoeth
roope wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:53 AM
nudasunttactu wrote:

Because 1.) it takes away players from roaming (detrimenting the experience of the roaming players), 2.) it leads to increased rp/hour, 3.) it doesnt feel like the realms are at war (detrimenting the experience of daoc players that care about the concept-story of the game), 4.) it changes the class balance (speed-kite strategy is nerfed, simplifying the game, detrimenting the experience of players thag enjoy a variety of classes daoc brings).

It has a lot of negative consequences. All this for some rps? Its not worth it, you need so much rp at higher ranks theres literally no practical difference. Just roam and you might actually enjoy the game (and make it enjoyable for others) besides getting arrpee.

1. it takes away solos from smallies/fg for ganking. lolwhat?
2. lolwhat? any evidence? no?! maybe shut up?
3. no one cares about feelings.
4. dueling is not about kiting, its about fair fight and kiting is the opposite.

you dont have any clue, yet claim ridicolous stuff. thx for ruining the fun of maybe 30 players of 1.5k total on this server.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 11:23 AM by Deekina
Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:41 AM
Give the people their /bow town in another zone. Just don't award ANY RPs for dueling there. I don't get any RPs for dueling my realm mates, so why should anyone make RPs for dueling someone from another realm? It's not a real fight anyways.

If these people are that hardcore about duels then make it like the duels you can already have with your realm mates.

ZERO RPs AWARDED.

Spot on. Learning to defeat other classes in a controlled sandbox should be sufficient reward. I'd also not give kill credit, especially towards lone enforcer, as these duels are not real fights. Create a master dueler title instead for kills in the bow town.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 1:43 PM by tommccartney
‘Solo Zones’ (i.e duel zones) go against everything in the spirit of DAoC...

If people want to solo on a mmorpg go ahead, but the solo player must fit around the game; NOT the game fitting around the solo player.

I solo 90% of the time and I hate this duelling/respecting fights etc. It’s so boring. Random fights where you must adapt and must try to use your abilities Wisely to win are the best.

If some people only want fair fights with no add and /bow then DAoC might not be the game for you.

I see high rr stealthers crying on here, and I am in disbelief. You are a stealther class. The whole point of having stealth is so you can chose a target in rvr, assess the situation, kill it and move out quick and restealth, but on top of that you NOW want the target to be solo with no add and /bow etc etc. How much easier do you want your experience to be ...

Every DAoC PvP freeshard I have ever played has ended up as a stale duel /bow zone, and anyone who tries to play against these unwritten ‘respect’ rules gets penalised by everyone else I.e Kos/ganked by everyone else.

It’s boring and sad and imo it’s RP farming and shouldn’t be allowed in any sense.

This is DAoC, RvR or find another game...
Thu 25 Jun 2020 1:52 PM by roope
inoeth wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 11:14 AM
roope wrote:
nudasunttactu wrote:

4. dueling is not about kiting, its about fair fight and kiting is the opposite.

you dont have any clue, yet claim ridicolous stuff. thx for ruining the fun of maybe 30 players of 1.5k total on this server.

1. It takes away solos from soloers looking for soloers.
2. Yes, I won like 1 fight out of every 5 and yet my rp/hour was impressive. Imagine someone winning at a 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x as much as I do.
3. This tells a lot about you. If you dont care about feelings, youre not a useful member of the community (any community for that matter).
4. Kiting is a legitimate strategy, just like the heads on button smash.

Im happy to ruin the fun of 30 players who clearly abuse the system and purposefully destroy the fun of others (the rest 1470 players).
Thu 25 Jun 2020 1:59 PM by Saroi
People complained about OF being only Emain and that it is too zergy yet Odins and Hadrians were actually really good solo or small man zones were you could have good natural fights. Seeing inforcement of "solo" in Trelle or Stygia is just stupid. Why do people feel the need to cry? The reason we got NF was because same people said it is so much better for every playstyle and now over months somehow it is only complain complain complain and apparently can't do shit solo which I don't understand, especially if stealther do this but then again they camp the most traffic places like Beno/DC/Bled bridges and Docks.

With the task change back then which included EV now I think Devs made a really good change and the action is overall good, especially for a solo too.

Seeing how Trelle worked out and now the portal camping in Stygia just shows the talk about "real solo" want to roam and not duel is crap. Seeing that minstrel video from pvp zone just made me laugh so hard of this teaming up, helping other out of CC etc. to protect the dueling going on. I really hope those people will receive punishment for doing this.

Duel/Solo zones have no effect on the server sayers are wrong, because it does. People go in there, farm farm farm and then after making 20-25k/h for a longer time go out to have the upper hand vs. lower rr's. "Good players" are there? Yeah right... I see people farming rp's and then go out to normal RvR, die in 1v1 and then crawl back to the duel zone so they can decline fights vs. threatening targets. Guess they aren't fully there yet to compete outside with rr8. But like Horg said, it is all about challenging fights while also crying about BD/Necro/Minstrel/Champs/Skalds and higher RR.. LOL!

And last, I also do not understand why Devs overall did these changes. Before the permanent pvp zone it was announced we would have more Events on weekends here. I thought that was a great idea to have some events on the weekends, doesn't matter if RvR or Pve. Like I had a lot of fun with the leveling event, met people from other realms I never saw etc. But somehow, suddenly it was announced to make a permanent pvp zone and since the last few weeks it went more and more downhill. Overall the forum and discord got pretty toxic, especially from people desperately defending their RP farming Simulator 2020.

Seriously, at this point just get rid of all those "solo" zones etc. and let the natural RvR unfold. We had some same people saying back from OF to NF change if you don't like it, leave. No ones cares if you leave. If those people can't adapt to normal RvR then they just have to deal with it or leave. Getting some taste of their own medicine.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 2:30 PM by inoeth
roope wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 1:52 PM
inoeth wrote:
roope wrote:

2. Yes, I won like 1 fight out of every 5 and yet my rp/hour was impressive. Imagine someone winning at a 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x as much as I do.
3. This tells a lot about you. If you dont care about feelings, youre not a useful member of the community (any community for that matter).

Im happy to ruin the fun of 30 players who clearly abuse the system and purposefully destroy the fun of others (the rest 1470 players).

1. does not make any sense
2. define "impressive" ... average rp/h is around 5-10k for most ppl
3. this is a 20 year old game and many ppl play it as a kind of e-sport, many also have toons on alle realms, so not sure why you bring the realms at war thing in here.
4. it is if the guy who is getting kited has a chance to stop you/get close to you... otherwise its only cheesing which is absolutely lame and is not a respected strategy

it tells alot about you if you are ok with ruining fun for some, do you think you are a useful member of the community? according to rosa luxemburg "freedem is the freedom of others" i think "fun is the fun for others" think about that!
Thu 25 Jun 2020 2:57 PM by Saroi
inoeth wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 2:30 PM
it tells alot about you if you are ok with ruining fun for some, do you think you are a useful member of the community? according to rosa luxemburg "freedem is the freedom of others" i think "fun is the fun for others" think about that!

You should be careful when you say such stuff to others and then quoting philosophers when you did the same thing. Really hurts your credibility.

inoeth wrote:
Tue 11 Jun 2019 7:03 AM
i think it was the right decison, even though some players will leave now..... i say get rid of all the nostalgia ppl that ruin the game for everyone else, which i believe do not even play rvr, just complaining all the time.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 3:24 PM by Razur Ur
Saroi wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:07 AM
I wonder where Pilzpower got his nearly 200k kills then when raiding without enemies. He has the most kills on the server, 66k more than the second one.

Haha most kills that was good, of course in the zerg you get most of the kills especially if you take your mushrooms for keep defense and look what Pilzpower has on Deathblows! He has only 10.322 deathblows and that with 33 Mio. RPS! and that confirms that there are way too many rps for keep and tower raiding! He has the most RPS and is only ranked 28th on the server for deathblows and even in Hibernia he is not even ranked 1st for animists with deathblows!
Thu 25 Jun 2020 5:19 PM by Cadebrennus
tommccartney wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 1:43 PM
‘Solo Zones’ (i.e duel zones) go against everything in the spirit of DAoC...

If people want to solo on a mmorpg go ahead, but the solo player must fit around the game; NOT the game fitting around the solo player.

I solo 90% of the time and I hate this duelling/respecting fights etc. It’s so boring. Random fights where you must adapt and must try to use your abilities Wisely to win are the best.

If some people only want fair fights with no add and /bow then DAoC might not be the game for you.

I see high rr stealthers crying on here, and I am in disbelief. You are a stealther class. The whole point of having stealth is so you can chose a target in rvr, assess the situation, kill it and move out quick and restealth, but on top of that you NOW want the target to be solo with no add and /bow etc etc. How much easier do you want your experience to be ...

Every DAoC PvP freeshard I have ever played has ended up as a stale duel /bow zone, and anyone who tries to play against these unwritten ‘respect’ rules gets penalised by everyone else I.e Kos/ganked by everyone else.

It’s boring and sad and imo it’s RP farming and shouldn’t be allowed in any sense.

This is DAoC, RvR or find another game...

Thu 25 Jun 2020 5:51 PM by Nachtfee
Need some changes, ive been killed twice from Scout´s after Duels when i was regen with 20% - 25% life
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:01 PM by Ibs
roope wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 1:52 PM
inoeth wrote:
roope wrote:

Surely you realize how dumb this statement is, right? 30 people are destroying the fun of 1470 people? Here's an idea, those 1470 people you're talking about? They could sort of... Idk.. fight each other since they're the majority of players on the server? What the hell kind of point is this? The worst part is players with this sort of attitude are listened to and have sway on the server.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:02 PM by LegalEagle52
Nachtfee wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 5:51 PM
Need some changes, ive been killed twice from Scout´s after Duels when i was regen with 20% - 25% life

Or you can just release and be back with full health in a matter of seconds
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:07 PM by opossum12
LegalEagle52 wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:02 PM
Nachtfee wrote:

Pretty sure that was a troll post. I mean you can't really be serious saying something like this.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:10 PM by LegalEagle52
opossum12 wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:07 PM
LegalEagle52 wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:02 PM
Nachtfee wrote:

Pretty sure that was a troll post. I mean you can't really be serious saying something like this.

I hope so, but who knows these days.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:17 PM by Saroi
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 3:24 PM
Saroi wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:07 AM

Haha most kills that was good, of course in the zerg you get most of the kills especially if you take your mushrooms for keep defense and look what Pilzpower has on Deathblows! He has only 10.322 deathblows and that with 33 Mio. RPS! and that confirms that there are way too many rps for keep and tower raiding! He has the most RPS and is only ranked 28th on the server for deathblows and even in Hibernia he is not even ranked 1st for animists with deathblows!

What do you mean ofc in the zerg you get the most of the kills? You said in your first reply that Pilzpower does raiding vs keeps and towers without enemies? So are there enemies now? And he doesn't only do raiding but also defends vs. other zergs? What is it now? By this comment you just totally negated your first reply.

And Deathblows have no meaning. It doesn't matter if you do the first hit or the last hit for the Deathblow, the rp's are the same. The fact is, he participated in 200k kills, most of the Server, period.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:20 PM by Mcnasty
I haven't read much of this thread...but why on earth is there a PvP zone on this server? This is literally taking away 75% of the natural organic action in the frontiers for solo, and I'm forced to go to a ToA zone to get a fight.

Isn't this supposed to be a semi-classic daoc server? Deal with the adds in NF, suck it up, and PLEASE REMOVE THIS PVP ZONE STUFF.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:52 PM by choopak
The changes aren't working. Same thing occurring at portals as Trellebourg just now without the /bow. Dueling and alliances/teaming up breaking CC and not laying a finger on each other. All at the same time as killing the solo/small man action in NF that used to be there. No true FFA pvp just a club that trades rps with each other in there. If you aren't part of their club they just kill you for trying to pvp and ally with one another. Its absolutely not what DAOC is about.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:04 PM by Razur Ur
Saroi wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:17 PM
And Deathblows have no meaning. It doesn't matter if you do the first hit or the last hit for the Deathblow, the rp's are the same. The fact is, he participated in 200k kills, most of the Server, period.

Only for you!!! Pilzpower have only 10,166,500 kill rps but have the most kills on that server and 23 mio he got not through kills and you can see the keep and tower raiding without great resistance gives too many rps! and it is logical that he got most of his kills by defending keeps and towers.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:21 PM by joshisanonymous
Tenny wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:14 PM
Ok...so before this solo zone was implemented, I used the solo teleporter to avoid docks and get into enemy territory. It was super convenient to avoid the camping bottlenecks. So I was disappointed to see the porters completely gone now. Everyone is claiming that the old system you had to die in the solo zones to be allowed to port back - but literally I never did and it worked. Was this not WAI @Uthred? If it was, I'd love to have them back solely for the aforementioned purpose.

I haven't been able to play even since the direct teleporting to solo zones was implemented much less since all solo porting was removed, but I would like to second this post. I would typically port to a keep near the solo zones and run there to port to another realm in order to avoid getting jumped by stealth zergs at docks and because there's a chance to run into other players along the way whereas a boat ride is just more waiting. I was against the direct porting thing, so I'm glad that's gone already (it takes literally 60 seconds to run to a solo zone, instant porting just means that there's zero chance of organically running into solos without 50 other solos already standing around), but I'd like to still have that extra travel option for getting between zones as a soloer, which I don't see any negative to.

Nephamael wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:39 PM
Actually i happened to be the only solo warden on the server for some weeks at least (Lareya). Seen Crystaa today (super happy about it )

I enjoy the new zone a lot with my warden and if i see a BD or Necro i just 180 and run and maybe give them a /send sry can't fight you cause i cant win, and most of the time they let me go.

While i understand frustration about some classes you have to keep in mind DaoC 1v1 is a rock/paper/scissors balance, a BD can get recked by an assassin, a necro gets destroyed by almost every caster, a merc destroys all melees and any caster destroys a merc... that's how the game is and the more classes we see in the zone, the more interesting the gameplay experience is for everyone.

I personally can just recommend not disrespecting any class, as there is so many op classes vs specific opponent classes.

Oh, you're Lareya? No offense, but I really expected you to be in the bow town camp from what I could remember of your forum posts. We've have several fights that I thought were fun and I was happy to see a warden who was doing solo roaming. I was also surprised that you were willing to engage an SM given how hard that fight is for a warden. Kudos
Fri 26 Jun 2020 2:00 AM by serpus
Don't cater to soloers.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 2:07 AM by Nephamael
Oh, you're Lareya? No offense, but I really expected you to be in the bow town camp from what I could remember of your forum posts. We've have several fights that I thought were fun and I was happy to see a warden who was doing solo roaming. I was also surprised that you were willing to engage an SM given how hard that fight is for a warden. Kudos

Of course i joined the /bow town when all solos were there, i just would have preferred roaming around the solo port area and fighting people on sight

I don't hate duels, they are fun if they happen in a moving environment. I feel like if they are static they tend to become more boring faster and exclude/disadvantage a lot of potential solo classes, like casters, bow classes or assassins.

- So far the PvP zone and the enforced movement of people (Thanks @ Gms for constantly reminding us.) has lead to exactly that kind of mobile exciting solo experience.-

Of course some classes thrive at a more static environment (also my Warden or my BM Jukaron) but as long as those classes don't get harassed for standing or sneaking around structures they will have a nice experience in the new zone, like everyone else.

Also the GMs need to be easy on people during low pop hours as people have to cluster at a meeting point to find each other, but so far they have been treating us in just the best ways, so we can all happily enjoy the great gift we have received and make sure it remains a welcoming and enjoyable zone for everyone participating.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 5:39 AM by Noashakra
Mcnasty wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:20 PM
I haven't read much of this thread...but why on earth is there a PvP zone on this server? This is literally taking away 75% of the natural organic action in the frontiers for solo, and I'm forced to go to a ToA zone to get a fight.

Isn't this supposed to be a semi-classic daoc server? Deal with the adds in NF, suck it up, and PLEASE REMOVE THIS PVP ZONE STUFF.

You were spending your time in the duel zone those past days, isn't it?
You weren't complaining then. I went to the solo zone, it's ok tbh, but I don't like the map, it's too open.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 5:50 AM by Mcnasty
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 5:39 AM
Mcnasty wrote:

You weren't complaining then. I went to the solo zone, it's ok tbh, but I don't like the map, it's too open.

I was, and then began to go less and less. The PvP zone has now pulled about 75% of the solo action away from frontiers, so what other resort do I have than to go to back to the stygian delta?

I'm on my way out of this server..I don't play daoc to login and go to a pvp zone for action. That's not true daoc.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 5:55 AM by Noashakra
Mcnasty wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 5:50 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Mcnasty wrote:

I was, and then began to go less and less. The PvP zone has now pulled about 75% of the solo action away from frontiers, so what other resort do I have than to go to back to the stygian delta?

I'm on my way out of this server..I don't play daoc to login and go to a pvp zone for action. That's not true daoc.

Even during the /bow fest, I was finding action solo, so it will not be that bad after a few days.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 6:02 AM by Mcnasty
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 5:55 AM
Mcnasty wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 5:50 AM
Noashakra wrote:

Even during the /bow fest, I was finding action solo, so it will not be that bad after a few days.

Man I've looked more than a few times and it's been hard to find...do /who in the solo zone for each realm, it generally has at least 30-40 people I'd guess. During NA hours and even at euro prime time, that is a large chunk of the solo population that would normally be in FZ hunting!!
Fri 26 Jun 2020 6:52 AM by Astaa
I do find it funny that gankers are moaning about this spoiling their fun. What exactly do they think they are doing when running soloers over with their 4 man? Do they genuinely think the soloer is happy to be steamrolled by superior numbers?

Play the game for fun, not chasing RPs and you might find you enjoy it!
Fri 26 Jun 2020 6:55 AM by Zwei
I think its very beneficial for the solo Zone that the realm timer doesn't matter there, so ppl like me can play with their mates in one realm (like my shaman in midgard) and go to pvp afterwards with my hib/alb toon without beeing locked out from any player vs player action (since i do not really enjoy the PvE part and im long finished with leveling or money-founding my temps). And when the duel-bs is gone for good, it will be even more attractiv.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 7:04 AM by inoeth
Saroi wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 2:57 PM
inoeth wrote:
Thu 25 Jun 2020 2:30 PM

You should be careful when you say such stuff to others and then quoting philosophers when you did the same thing. Really hurts your credibility.

inoeth wrote:
Tue 11 Jun 2019 7:03 AM
i think it was the right decison, even though some players will leave now..... i say get rid of all the nostalgia ppl that ruin the game for everyone else, which i believe do not even play rvr, just complaining all the time.

if you read closely you can see that i said "ppl that ruin the game for everyone else" which is exactly what i mean today. the thing is not that those ppl come here and say "my play style gets cutted here", its "i want other play styles to be cutted"... it is the "its not enough that i win, others should lose"-mentality. where is the freedom/fun there? think about that!
Fri 26 Jun 2020 11:20 AM by lolhisup
I am sad the porter is gone. I liked using it, because it was a quick way to travel to Emain, etc. If you can take out all the travel time of taking boats, running to docks, etc... it all adds up and for me I hate excessive dead time, and so I hate all this traveling. I feel like why I have to wait 15 minutes to get back to the fight. I don't play this game to run around and try to find people, I play this game to fight MFers.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 11:46 AM by inoeth
lolhisup wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 11:20 AM
I am sad the porter is gone. I liked using it, because it was a quick way to travel to Emain, etc. If you can take out all the travel time of taking boats, running to docks, etc... it all adds up and for me I hate excessive dead time, and so I hate all this traveling. I feel like why I have to wait 15 minutes to get back to the fight. I don't play this game to run around and try to find people, I play this game to fight MFers.

if you got bled/dc/beno its not that much, but as soon as pilzzerg arrives you can be sure you have to travel from the relic docks... and ass soon as you arrive you can be sure to get shot down by alot of archers or other zerglings in no time.
so if you are very unlucky you end up making no rp within 1h but died 6 times.
there the solo teleport was really helpful to get into battle quicker.

thx again to all the zergers who ruined that for us
Fri 26 Jun 2020 1:56 PM by joshisanonymous
jhaerik wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:04 PM
nudasunttactu wrote:
jhaerik wrote:
Arrrr
Veee
Arrrr

Compete?
Is there a prize?
What did you win?
Can you eat it?
Does it drive the women wild when you tell them about your amazing /bow duel skillz?

Seriously you are funny.

I'm perfectly happy with being an average video game Joe. I don't have anything to prove. I mean I thought this was supposed to be a war game. Nothing wrong with being a GI. Oh I'm sorry did you forget that? I know it's hard to remember that there is a game going on outside of your little fight club.

I hear that 20 years of 1337 DAoC skills and $6 will buy you two Whoppers at Burger King. Go test that out would ya?

All that said in war strategy is key. I don't think the guy that wants to fight risky 1v1 fights instead of much less risky 3v1's is all that good at strategy. I'd even argue that he's pretty bad at the "game." Basics of warfare are logistics, position, numbers, and the element of surprise. Which of those screams to you /bow, /bow, FIGHT!

Although I wouldn't put it in such harsh terms, I think this is what bothers me so much about all the dueling/bowing/"respectable" fights. To me, this is a war game, and being successful in war with smaller numbers means thinking about positioning, how to engage, how to not get caught by surprise, how to read a map, etc. That's the game I want to play, but when this whole bowing duel circle stuff starts to infest a server, that type of gameplay is thrown so far out the window that your own realmmates turn on you for wanting to play a war game as a war game.

This is why I tried twice to see if some danger could be added to the solo zone by making people aware that there were circle jerks going on there. I myself certainly couldn't attack anyone even near the solo zones when that was happening since I was playing solo, and I think most of the population is actually unaware that the solo zones even exist. I decided this wasn't worth doing, though, because it didn't add any danger, it caused a lot of animosity with realmmates who were involved in the circle jerks, and it doesn't affect me in any direct way.

It does affect me in an indirect way, though. I want to play a war game, not a game where enemies regularly pass on killing each other because they're best buds and want to respect having "fair fights", not a game where my realmmates will happily watch me die to the enemy because they think it would be rude to jump in and ruin the enemy's 1v1. It's boring and absolutely ruins the feel of being at war, which is the feeling you're supposed to get from playing DAoC because it's the only MMO that attempts to create that feeling. You can do fair fights circle jerks in every other MMO that's ever existed, but I can't get a war game anywhere else, so I don't want to see that ruined here.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 5:12 PM by jhaerik
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 1:56 PM
jhaerik wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:04 PM
nudasunttactu wrote:

Compete?
Is there a prize?
What did you win?
Can you eat it?

Seriously you are funny.

Although I wouldn't put it in such harsh terms, I think this is what bothers me so much about all the dueling/bowing/"respectable" fights. To me, this is a war game, and being successful in war with smaller numbers means thinking about positioning, how to engage, how to not get caught by surprise, how to read a map, etc. That's the game I want to play, but when this whole bowing duel circle stuff starts to infest a server, that type of gameplay is thrown so far out the window that your own realmmates turn on you for wanting to play a war game as a war game.

This is why I tried twice to see if some danger could be added to the solo zone by making people aware that there were circle jerks going on there. I myself certainly couldn't attack anyone even near the solo zones when that was happening since I was playing solo, and I think most of the population is actually unaware that the solo zones even exist. I decided this wasn't worth doing, though, because it didn't add any danger, it caused a lot of animosity with realmmates who were involved in the circle jerks, and it doesn't affect me in any direct way.

It does affect me in an indirect way, though. I want to play a war game, not a game where enemies regularly pass on killing each other because they're best buds and want to respect having "fair fights", not a game where my realmmates will happily watch me die to the enemy because they think it would be rude to jump in and ruin the enemy's 1v1. It's boring and absolutely ruins the feel of being at war, which is the feeling you're supposed to get from playing DAoC because it's the only MMO that attempts to create that feeling. You can do fair fights circle jerks in every other MMO that's ever existed, but I can't get a war game anywhere else, so I don't want to see that ruined here.

Thank you for putting into words what my crude hillbilly ass was trying to say.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 6:58 PM by bluefalcon420
I thought bow towns weren't allowed? There's one right now!

Wear your masks and don't bow town people!
Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:02 PM by Saroi
inoeth wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 7:04 AM
if you read closely you can see that i said "ppl that ruin the game for everyone else" which is exactly what i mean today. the thing is not that those ppl come here and say "my play style gets cutted here", its "i want other play styles to be cutted"... it is the "its not enough that i win, others should lose"-mentality. where is the freedom/fun there? think about that!

Yeah basically when you are the majority, the minority ruins the fun for everyone and can be rid of. But if you are the minority, the majority has to consider your needs. You only care about what is best for you, which is fine but don't quote stuff if other people do the same.

It also baffles me how you are able to cry for month now how it is supposed to be impossible to solo. You were one of the biggest writer how much better NF is in every single way and so great for solo! You said people need to learn to read the Map and so on. You got NF what you wanted back then, why you need another zone or area so you can do anything. Here are some new quotes from you:

inoeth wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 12:27 PM
you dont get it do you? yeah you can chose fights but that does not help you if immediately 5+ other stealthers jump you.... i did not chose this kind of fight
inoeth wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 5:32 PM
"usually" i am not in OG, usually i also do not camp relic docks, but do you know what? it does not matter, anywhere you go, is camped by alot of archers these days.
if you know a place where solo rvr is possible, enlight me. but actually i heavily doubt you are a solo player anyway.

And here is an older one from you. Maybe you should go back in time and ask yourself how to easily dodge the stealth zerg?

inoeth wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:46 AM
how can you avoid stealth zerg when they are at mile gates? yes in NF they can be everywhere but you also can dodge them easily.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:21 PM by Jingo NZ
Continue to ban duel circles.
Keep ToA solo pvp zone for periodic events.
Get solos back into frontiers.
Return solo zone telporters without death requirement.
Reduce RP gain in trelle/mord castle/folley lake by 50%.
Adjust the 50% reduction on a month by month basis depending on adherence to no duelling circle rules.
Sat 27 Jun 2020 12:15 AM by DarkDavion
Guys there are 30/max 40ppl in the pvp zone. Can you stop QQ and play what you want and where you want? Is a drop into the sea, no reason for so much QQ
Sat 27 Jun 2020 12:17 AM by Blitze
Both Reducing RP gain to 50% and removing insta porting are enough of a nerf individually to render the solo (treble/folley/moydrium) areas Completely unused.
Sat 27 Jun 2020 1:18 AM by jhaerik
DarkDavion wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 12:15 AM
Guys there are 30/max 40ppl in the pvp zone. Can you stop QQ and play what you want and where you want? Is a drop into the sea, no reason for so much QQ

Considering that there typically isn't more than 200-400 ( who are not afk) people in NF... it's 10%+ of the population. It's also likely around 1/2 of the solo population....

If I can have what I want... can I have a training dummy that awards 100 RP every time I hit it in my house? I mean since it's something I want it shouldn't effect you at all RIGHT? See how your logic is flawed? It's like a guy bringing checkers to a chess tournament and saying you use your pieces... I'll use mine. Yes it effects others.
Sat 27 Jun 2020 6:17 AM by inoeth
Saroi wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:02 PM
inoeth wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 7:04 AM

Yeah basically when you are the majority, the minority ruins the fun for everyone and can be rid of. But if you are the minority, the majority has to consider your needs. You only care about what is best for you, which is fine but don't quote stuff if other people do the same.

It also baffles me how you are able to cry for month now how it is supposed to be impossible to solo. You were one of the biggest writer how much better NF is in every single way and so great for solo! You said people need to learn to read the Map and so on. You got NF what you wanted back then, why you need another zone or area so you can do anything. Here are some new quotes from you:

inoeth wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 12:27 PM
you dont get it do you? yeah you can chose fights but that does not help you if immediately 5+ other stealthers jump you.... i did not chose this kind of fight
inoeth wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 5:32 PM
"usually" i am not in OG, usually i also do not camp relic docks, but do you know what? it does not matter, anywhere you go, is camped by alot of archers these days.
if you know a place where solo rvr is possible, enlight me. but actually i heavily doubt you are a solo player anyway.

And here is an older one from you. Maybe you should go back in time and ask yourself how to easily dodge the stealth zerg?

inoeth wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:46 AM
how can you avoid stealth zerg when they are at mile gates? yes in NF they can be everywhere but you also can dodge them easily.

you should get a life, reading through all my posts lul
Sat 27 Jun 2020 8:21 AM by DarkDavion
jhaerik wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 1:18 AM
DarkDavion wrote:

Considering that there typically isn't more than 200-400 ( who are not afk) people in NF... it's 10%+ of the population. It's also likely around 1/2 of the solo population....

If I can have what I want... can I have a training dummy that awards 100 RP every time I hit it in my house? I mean since it's something I want it shouldn't effect you at all RIGHT? See how your logic is flawed? It's like a guy bringing checkers to a chess tournament and saying you use your pieces... I'll use mine. Yes it effects others.

No the logic is: if the 10% of the pop prefer the pvp zone why u want to force them to go in the frontier for enforce your play style? Can u get this?
Mon 29 Jun 2020 9:00 AM by Sepplord
DarkDavion wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 8:21 AM
jhaerik wrote:
DarkDavion wrote:

No the logic is: if the 10% of the pop prefer the pvp zone why u want to force them to go in the frontier for enforce your play style? Can u get this?

If x% of the population prefer hitting a training dummy for RP gains in their houses why u want to force them to go in the frontier to enforce your play style? Can you get this?

I reworded his argument using almost exactly your language, hopefully this will help you understand the argument so you can adress it instead of just ignoring everything he said
Mon 29 Jun 2020 9:02 AM by Sepplord
Jingo NZ wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:21 PM
Continue to ban duel circles.

Have there been actual bans of duel circles?

(serious question, i don't know myself, but from hearsay these circles have happened and the ban section only lists 2people with pvp-zone related bans)
Mon 29 Jun 2020 11:44 AM by DarkDavion
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 9:00 AM
DarkDavion wrote:
jhaerik wrote:

If x% of the population prefer hitting a training dummy for RP gains in their houses why u want to force them to go in the frontier to enforce your play style? Can you get this?

I reworded his argument using almost exactly your language, hopefully this will help you understand the argument so you can adress it instead of just ignoring everything he said

If the Devs agree to have the dummy in the house and there are ppl that enjoy stay there to hit the dummy for get RPs.. Well I don't care, why not? Not much different in get RPs smashing empty keeps.. Can u get this?
Git gud
Mon 29 Jun 2020 2:36 PM by Uthred
With the upcoming update, the region/broadcast chat in Stygia will be disabled. It will still be possible to /send other players (insults via send will not be tolerated). In the safe zone region isnt disabled yet.

I really hope that you guys understand why we do this. To make it pretty clear: this will be your last chance to keep the pvp zone. If the constant insults dont stop and this zone is nothing but more work for the staff, we will close it like I said multiple times before. Go there and have fun while having fights without getting zerged by higher numbers. But if your understanding of fun is insulting or griefing other players and if you dont follow the rules of the zone, the zone will be gone.

A second change to the zone is that only level 45 players or higher will be able to enter it.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 2:50 PM by Sepplord
DarkDavion wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 11:44 AM
If the Devs agree to have the dummy in the house and there are ppl that enjoy stay there to hit the dummy for get RPs.. Well I don't care, why not? Not much different in get RPs smashing empty keeps.. Can u get this?
Git gud

Nice didge of the question...It wasn't asked if you would care about the devs opinion and support it. It was asked what you personally thing about such a proposal. It seems you would rather double down though on such a bad idea instead of having to rethink the absoluteness of your position.

Uthred wrote: With the upcoming update, the region/broadcast chat in Stygia will be disabled. It will still be possible to /send other players (insults via send will not be tolerated). In the safe zone region isnt disabled yet.

I really hope that you guys understand why we do this. To make it pretty clear: this will be your last chance to keep the pvp zone. If the constant insults dont stop and this zone is nothing but more work for the staff, we will close it like I said multiple times before. Go there and have fun while having fights without getting zerged by higher numbers. But if your understanding of fun is insulting or griefing other players and if you dont follow the rules of the zone, the zone will be gone.

A second change to the zone is that only level 45 players or higher will be able to enter it.

Serious Question, i am probably missing something, since you usually are not shy to enforce your rules with bans (Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong). Why are you giving toxic people that (apparently) break the rules so much control over servermechanics staying implemented or not? Instead of simply banning those people.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 3:00 PM by Uthred
Because we dont want to monitor the zone 24/7. There are max 50 players in that zone who keep the staff way more busy than the remaining 1500 players which arent playing there.

Either this behaviour stops or we will stop the zone.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 3:04 PM by Sepplord
Thanks for the reply...i was assuming a few hard bans would make people fall in line quite fast...but now considering that not working in other areas (multiboxing / accountsharing f.e.) neither that might have been a bit naive.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 5:22 PM by DarkDavion
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 2:50 PM
DarkDavion wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 11:44 AM
Git gud

Nice didge of the question...It wasn't asked if you would care about the devs opinion and support it. It was asked what you personally thing about such a proposal. It seems you would rather double down though on such a bad idea instead of having to rethink the absoluteness of your position.

Uthred wrote: With the upcoming update, the region/broadcast chat in Stygia will be disabled. It will still be possible to /send other players (insults via send will not be tolerated). In the safe zone region isnt disabled yet.

Serious Question, i am probably missing something, since you usually are not shy to enforce your rules with bans (Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong). Why are you giving toxic people that (apparently) break the rules so much control over servermechanics staying implemented or not? Instead of simply banning those people.

Assume that we all (us players and Devs) want a healthy server.

A healthy server is a populated server.

So the changes that the Devs are doing have the goal of balance the game (bcs a balanced game is a fun game, and a fun game will draws players).
Now the open of the pvp zone has the goal of have a place for soloers for not be raped by zergs and 8+ppl. Why did they do this? Probably bcs soloers will just leave the server if they cant have a place for play (this can be the pvp zone, the frontier or everything Devs did for soloers..) and they are tryng to have a server where every gameplay is supported bcs this will be fun for all and this will keep the server healthy.
Now even the most absurd case, if there really were players who do not like RvR but like to hit a dummy in their house (which, as I said, requires the same IQ to surf the zerg for smash empty keeps/doors) and if they did not have the dummy they would leave the server, would it be worth to please them?
Yes! because they would contribute in the trade, in pve, and so on!! in a few words they would help keep the server healthy!
Obviously the trade must be positive, u can't make a change that give you +50 players but cause you to lose 500 players, but this isn't the case bcs soloers will just not play anymore if they haven't their spot.
i dont want to be salty, but if u still cant understand i rly cant explain it better
Mon 29 Jun 2020 6:21 PM by joshisanonymous
DarkDavion wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 5:22 PM
Assume that we all (us players and Devs) want a healthy server.

A healthy server is a populated server.

So the changes that the Devs are doing have the goal of balance the game (bcs a balanced game is a fun game, and a fun game will draws players).
Now the open of the pvp zone has the goal of have a place for soloers for not be raped by zergs and 8+ppl. Why did they do this? Probably bcs soloers will just leave the server if they cant have a place for play (this can be the pvp zone, the frontier or everything Devs did for soloers..) and they are tryng to have a server where every gameplay is supported bcs this will be fun for all and this will keep the server healthy.
Now even the most absurd case, if there really were players who do not like RvR but like to hit a dummy in their house (which, as I said, requires the same IQ to surf the zerg for smash empty keeps/doors) and if they did not have the dummy they would leave the server, would it be worth to please them?
Yes! because they would contribute in the tarde, in pve, and so on!! in a few words they would help keep the server healthy!
Obviously the tarde must be positive, u can't make a change that give you +50 players but cause you to lose 500 players, but this isn't the case bcs soloers will just not play anymore if they haven't their spot.
i dont want to be salty, but if u still cant understand i rly cant explain it better

Appreciate that this is one of the least salty posts I've ever seen you make, and I agree with your sentiment. I bolded the part that I think is your most important point. To what extent does a high reward low risk separate PvP Zone hurt the game for people who like less structured soloing in RvR and vice versa? I think that's the unsettled point, here. If the people spending all their time in the PvP Zone would quit this server without it or would have never joined it in the first place, then it really doesn't matter to me what happens with the zone. That's hard to know, though.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 3:00 AM by jhaerik
DarkDavion wrote:
jhaerik wrote:
DarkDavion wrote:

I'm not forcing them to play DAoC at all. I however play DAoC for RvR. It's the only game other than Aion that has anything like it. There are a TON of games they can go 1v1 duel in. How is that hard to understand?
Tue 30 Jun 2020 4:24 AM by pollojack
It is so weird how the solo and tourney areas invite the most toxic players. When y'all had that duel setup where it is three rounds of 1v1 I had a guy run all the way out of the match zone because I used purge. Like hell man, it is on a 10 minute timer, just fight me.

The FFA 10 man tourney had a BD and something in the same guild running around killing everyone and then each other at the end.

Now theres hate tells in /reg for the pvp zone? Btw, I'd push for disabling /send in pvp zone as I enjoyed the xrealm talking about skills and builds.

It is so weird all the hate the pvp zone has gotten too. 8-11k rp/hr is nothing to the 13-20k rp/hr zerg surfing in RvR. The pvp zone rps are much harder to earn too despite the low risk of adds.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 4:33 AM by tyrantanic
I find it ironic how the PvP zone is frowned upon but ganking XPers in the frontiers is fine. At least the players in the PvP zone have to work for their RPs. The same can't be said about those farming XPers. I wonder which one leads to more players logging off in frustration.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 3:31 PM by Bry
Horses are still speed5 in this zone. It isn't treated like a rvr zone. Horses should be hastener speed in here. Please see if this can be changed to reflect the intended nature of horses in rvr/pvp. There are certain rank 11 blademasters that jam fights rolling in on speed6.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 4:38 PM by Quik
OMG this is funny.

The soloers have been demanding a special place for them so they don't have to deal with being ganked, the dev's finally give them one, and now they are screwing it up so bad that the dev's are threatening to shut it down completely.

Wonder how long after they close the solo zone that the dev's will cave again to soloers and make another.

And a note to dev's...

Don't be so quick to give a very small population special treatment when you won't consider other small populations requests also (aka xp'ers).

Just focus on the game the way it was MEANT to be played and you can't go wrong. Giving special treatment to a group of players was bound to end badly and so far it has been a huge joke in game and in guild.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 5:24 PM by Noashakra
Really? Because the people flooding the region chat with troll messages are all adders who usually zerg. I bet it was your plan to fuck the zone up to have the solos back in the ZF where you want to farm them.

Quick is always here to tell others how the game must be played, which is in total contradiction with his signature. How ironic.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 7:06 PM by Quik
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 5:24 PM
Really? Because the people flooding the region chat with troll messages are all adders who usually zerg. I bet it was your plan to fuck the zone up to have the solos back in the ZF where you want to farm them.

Quick is always here to tell others how the game must be played, which is in total contradiction with his signature. How ironic.

LOL

I haven't even logged on in 2 weeks...so good luck with that argument...

And if you want to talk about people that want the game changed to suit their play...lets look at you.

I have said since day 1 that RvR is realm vs realm vs realm and no one should get special privileges...period. My signature is specifically based on people playing the game within the rules and not trying to change everything to their style...

You happen to want to change the game to your style because you hated getting ganked. You want a special solo zone so you don't have to worry about being zerged down. The game is based on an open fighting area for EVERYONE to fight in and letting people play how they want. I've always felt it was cheesy to kill xp'ers in the frontiers, but red is dead and I understand that so I also happen to defend people's rights to do it.

Having an open rvr area where you can kill xp'ers at will also means that soloers or small mans or 8mans should also have to deal with the same issues, but I am seeing most soloers here don't like that. Apparently it is ok to gank XP'ers, but man if they gank soloers that is SO unfair!!! So what do they want? They want a fair place to go fight where they can avoid the zerg and where they can also apparently make their own rules in this zones for dueling or whatever else.

So who is the one being fair? Myself who wants the frontiers as the main area where everyone follows the same rules, or you who wants a special area for your group where you can avoid the dangers of RvR and just fight in a safe zone?

I fought in the original solo zone, but I haven't stepped foot into the new area at all and I won't. You act like I hate soloers, when in fact I just want them to follow the same rules that applies to everyone else. I hate ANY group of players getting special treatment and soloers are getting this right now, and what I find so funny is that the soloers are fighting and bickering and causing the dev's apparently more issues in the soloing zone then the rest of the game COMBINED, and that was Uthred's own words.

So how about you stop worrying about me and start focusing on your own group and try to get them to get it together before the dev's take it all away.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 7:27 PM by Noashakra
"I said what RVR should, be so I decide what is good for everyone."
Man that's really ironic with your signature and I am not the first to point out that.

The solo zone is not to my liking, I can't spend more than 30mn there, but why are you pissed when 30 people have fun in it (how wil lthey kill the game with this number lol)? And some people already get bored, already less and less people are going there so it so it will pass.

You are not even logged so why are you complaining? You are not the judge of what is good or not. Far from it, you complain about every QoL, it's worst than a grampa rambling about how it was better in the old day...

And when I said you, I was refering to the ones like Addisthegame or Parole, not you, sorry if you took it for you.
Wed 1 Jul 2020 6:48 AM by jhaerik
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 7:27 PM
"I said what RVR should, be so I decide what is good for everyone."
Man that's really ironic with your signature and I am not the first to point out that.

The solo zone is not to my liking, I can't spend more than 30mn there, but why are you pissed when 30 people have fun in it (how wil lthey kill the game with this number lol)? And some people already get bored, already less and less people are going there so it so it will pass.

You are not even logged so why are you complaining? You are not the judge of what is good or not. Far from it, you complain about every QoL, it's worst than a grampa rambling about how it was better in the old day...

And when I said you, I was refering to the ones like Addisthegame or Parole, not you, sorry if you took it for you.

30 people is actually a lot (and actually the dev's quoted 50 people) when you consider the actual active population numbers. Some people, including myself, would much prefer a frontiers than has more than 8 mans and zergs running around in it. The solo and small man zones effectively segment the game into so many parts that it ends up feeling like a BG server. Honestly it might as well be an insta 50 thid server at this point.

I don't have the time to dedicate to a reliable 8 man to run with. Zergs are generally only active a handful of hours out of the day. All in all it leaves the frontiers quite dead for people that enjoy the randomness that roaming around frontiers either solo or with a couple buds brings. I'm sorry but this was supposed to be a Classic + QoL server and it's strayed so far from that to appease live players than it feels like a cobbled together mess somewhere between ToA and DR at this point.

I ran around on a half geared fresh 50 BM with a Ment bud for a couple nights... in around 10 hours of play we saw a total of 3 solo guys (two of which were obviously trying to join up with the other mids taking towers and didn't try to fight bacl), a hunter/sb duo capping flags, a 6 man alb stealth team and the rest was all 12-24 man multi group Mid or Alb. It felt remarkibly dead... so I'm assuming those that would normally be out roaming around were either in the solo or small man zones.

20 years into the existance of DAoC in with nearly all of which there has been no solo/small man zones... and those people are still playing after all.. I doubt they are all that offended by occasionally getting grouped/zerged down or they wouldn't still be playing by this point. However I really feel that the lack of frontier solo/small man action is bleeding players left and right.
Wed 1 Jul 2020 7:35 AM by Noashakra
Lots of solo people stopped already because of this server not being able to even wait for the duel to finish to zerg the solos.
It's impossible to solo from 18h until midnight, you get zerged everywhere. So I usually play in group at those times. Saying those people would show off in the ZF without the pvp zone is far from the truth...

So god forbid that instead of logging off, the solo have the option to do 4rp/h (it was what the people were doing yesterday on average because there was maybe 20 people in the zone not counting the AFK) with clean fights.

Yesterday a SL scout that added in the solo zone send me a PM insulting me when I PA his face and destroyed him, very rich coming from those people. They are the selfish ones, the one who everyone should beg to. They have the right to zerg, but in a solo zone, you should let them add like they want.

Ridiculous

The players being selfish prick is the issue. And it's not only when you are the one getting killed. Why a bard feels the need to DD my solo kill at 10% for 50rps? Why people jump on a target that I was destroying with 80% life? Why when you ask for a rez/heal people ignore you even though you asked them politely?
Let's face it, the population is trash.
Wed 1 Jul 2020 6:25 PM by joshisanonymous
Noashakra wrote: It's impossible to solo from 18h until midnight, you get zerged everywhere.

No offense, and this isn't meant to single you out, but every time I see these sort of statements, what it translates to for me is: "I'm not good at avoiding zergs and finding fights that I can win solo during heavy pop hours."

People keep saying that soloing is impossible in the frontier, people who play stealth classes even, and yet I manage it at all sorts of hours. I actually have more success during high pop hours than low pop hours, and I play a visible class with no speed. Sure, some days I get unlucky and get run over more often than not, but other days I might have ratios of like 10-15 kills per death, and I'm not talking about ganking XPers.

To me, being able to figure out where to go is part of what makes someone skilled at soloing. What it seems like people do, though, particularly those who hem and haw about needing the devs to cater to solos, is just beeline for the highest traffic area they can think of and hope for the best. So yeah, for example, if it's the middle of NA primetime, and you decide to hang out on Bled bridge when the Mid BG is attacking another realm that they don't yet have a direct port to, yeah you're gonna get zerged constantly. That's not a fault of the game, though; that's just a player who doesn't understand how to solo.
Wed 1 Jul 2020 6:54 PM by Forlornhope
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 5:24 PM

I was just thinking the same thing about his signature, it's honestly hilarious.
Wed 1 Jul 2020 7:04 PM by Noashakra
I am never at a brige or a dock in prime time...
Tue 14 Jul 2020 10:29 AM by roope
Given that this zone completely killed all frontier solo-duo activity, it would be nice to make a similar zone specifically dedicated for duos. Mandatory group size of 2, rest of the rules same as pvp zone.
It would be nice to see another ToA landscape for it. Sand is bad, Anakin said that ages ago.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics