New Computer

Started 26 Jun 2020
by Izel
in Support Center
Hello, I want to ask a question that may require that I explain the situation.

I play with wife and children.

My daughter has just received a new computer. She will therefore give hers to her sister who wants to join us. This one will therefore have to play a different account than the one that has always been used on the computer.

Can this be a problem?

We already had a three-day ban because one of my daughters logged onto her mother's computer and I prefer to ask the question before it happens again.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 8:12 PM by Izel
Ok, send GM.

THey just dont want to find a solution. Play with family seems to be more dangerous than cheat on this server.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:26 PM by Bradekes
I have similar stresses about this issue. I think the biggest thing that concerns me is that they've gone to crazy lengths to prevent certain things from happening but they've also made it hard on people with families.

I got a new pc myself and just kind of took a chance and logged in with it and haven't had any problems but I was nervous to do so. I will eventually get my old pc setup so that my daughter can play with me and my GF.

Not sure how that will play out but I just have the thought of if I get banned from the server because I want to play with my family and some how I end up getting banned from some mistake I make I will attempt to explain myself to the GMs.

If it ever ends badly where they won't unban or something I'll just stop playing and stop donating. I won't apologize for having a family and trying to include them in my activities you know.
Sat 27 Jun 2020 8:11 AM by Gayah
They dont care. The only answer of the team : rules ! no exceptions ! Like robots............. or old singles without family ? :p

They dont want to find solution : they just have to remove the link between the old computer and the account when the user ask it, it's nothing complicated. Cheating arguments are stupid !
Sat 27 Jun 2020 8:26 AM by Beckett
Each account must be created on a unique computer. No other account may be created or used on that computer. You can use as many computers as you wish for your account, but no other account may be used on those computers once you have done so.
If you create more than one account on a computer then all accounts except the oldest will be permabanned, the oldest recieving a 3 day ban for the first offence. If this is repeated then all accounts will be permabanned.
If more than one account is used on a computer(sharing) then those accounts will recieve a 3 day ban. If sharing is repeated then all accounts involved will receive a permaban.

As long as a family follows those rules as well as the other rules listed in the rules section of the website then there should be no problems for a family/household playing together.

If you are unsure of any part of the rules please contact a GM who will clarify the rules for you.
Sat 27 Jun 2020 11:23 AM by Bradekes
Beckett wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 8:26 AM
Each account must be created on a unique computer. No other account may be created or used on that computer. You can use as many computers as you wish for your account, but no other account may be used on those computers once you have done so.
If you create more than one account on a computer then all accounts except the oldest will be permabanned, the oldest recieving a 3 day ban for the first offence. If this is repeated then all accounts will be permabanned.
If more than one account is used on a computer(sharing) then those accounts will recieve a 3 day ban. If sharing is repeated then all accounts involved will receive a permaban.

As long as a family follows those rules as well as the other rules listed in the rules section of the website then there should be no problems for a family/household playing together.

If you are unsure of any part of the rules please contact a GM who will clarify the rules for you.

Y'all need to make a way to navigate these rules and get passed them under special circumstances. That's kinda unreasonable. What if someone's pc dies and all they have left is a pc that was used for their kids account to play on? You're saying they would have to buy a new pc or just not play? Pretty sure you guys are way smart enough to figure out an unbannable resolution to this.
Sun 28 Jun 2020 2:51 PM by Izel
"If you feel like your particular case is not covered by the above feel free to contact a game master in discord."

... like that, they’ll just explain to you that they don’t want to do anything. You should remove this sentence which suggests that you can intervene to solve a problem clearly explained and understandable and easy to solve.

Concretely, is it possible to know what this rule solves?

Because repeating it automatically is absolutely not the answer we expect and does not make this rule or your unwillingness to find a solution more understandable.

You are free to do nothing, you do not force me to play on Phoenix and I will not pretend to be able to demand anything. On the other hand, I am curious to understand your persistence in refusing any explanation in which we would find a little consistency.

It is not for me to define the role of administrators, I just note that this one does not consist in seek solution.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 6:09 PM by alka
Beckett wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 8:26 AM

Hi Becket,

What is the option then is this particular case? Because he is not the only one in this situation.

in my case, I wanted to play with my wife during the lockdown but then I realised that I played on our laptop once...

So does he need to buy another computer for his daughter, because his old computer was previously used with his account?

He's only going to use one account per device as it's stated in the rules but he will be switching between his old computer to his new, allowing his young daughter to use his old PC.

Is it possible in this case to amend/remove your device restriction to just simply switch the device used per account?

Thank you for your time.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 6:36 PM by Atrox
I actually had exactly the same issue as Alka. I wanted to involve my gf in the game. Cool you would say, bring it on! but I did play on here laptop once... Boom you don't play, sorry darling!

I'm sure you guys can figure out a solution very easily as this is not a serious problem. There is no sharing account, no cheat.. I think you guys should just upgrade the rules a little bit which will result in a easier life for you but also for us, as we won't need any binding explanations.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 10:41 PM by Uthred
Beckett answered it pretty understandable. If a machine was used for one account, it is tied to this account. You know what the "solution" to this is. Use a machine that has not been used for any Phoenix account before.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 10:52 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Uthred wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 10:41 PM
Beckett answered it pretty understandable. If a machine was used for one account, it is tied to this account. You know what the "solution" to this is. Use a machine that has not been used for any Phoenix account before.

Because forcing people to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to buy a new computer is more reasonable than checking to make sure there's only been one account using a computer once they contact you and tell you they're swapping.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 11:35 PM by alka
Uthred wrote:
Beckett answered it pretty understandable. If a machine was used for one account, it is tied to this account. . Use a machine that has not been used for any Phoenix account before.

My account has been used in 4 different countries by at least 10 different computers but this is legit XD... might have been me or not ;p no one will know.

So no I don't understand what the "solution" to this is. Buying another computer?

Such a stupid rule XD

Regards.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 11:39 PM by Izel
It is really embarrassing, this persistence in answering the same thing over and over and still not catching a glimpse of thinking, maybe one day, of a solution.

I had my answer, thank you GM for all your efforts to seek solution, it is a real pleasure to exchange with you.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 12:00 AM by Bradekes
Uthred wrote:

Which means having to pay up and buy a new one cause everyone can just buy a new pc at the drop of a hat? Come on you know that's not realistic to everyone. Luckily it is for me but I feel like you guys just aren't being very understanding to your player base on this one.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 12:51 AM by dbeattie71
Bradekes wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 12:00 AM
Uthred wrote:

Which means having to pay up and buy a new one cause everyone can just buy a new pc at the drop of a hat? Come on you know that's not realistic to everyone. Luckily it is for me but I feel like you guys just aren't being very understanding to your player base on this one.

Swap video cards in machines and see what happens. 😀. Jk don’t but a unique hash based on hardware or something is probably how it’s done.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 1:01 AM by Bradekes
dbeattie71 wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 12:51 AM
Swap video cards in machines and see what happens. 😀. Jk don’t but a unique hash based on hardware or something is probably how it’s done.

The real idea here is I planned on keeping up my donations because I do really enjoy playing here despite all my issues here in the forum.. I'll just not donate every month until I reach $1200 laptop that's useless for this server. That's about 80months I won't donate $15 a month. So about 6years and 8months of donations lost. Seems reasonable for their response here.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 8:44 AM by Uthred
Even if you dont like the answer, the answer is still the same.

Neither trying to blackmail us (i dont donate if you dont change the rule) nor your friendly fuk you will make us change the rule.

Locked.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics