Typical Friar Spec

Started 5 Jun 2020
by JUSTNSANE
in Albion
To cover 1 v 1, 8mall man, 8man, zerg surfing.

Recommended RA distribution to.
Thanks in advance.
Fri 5 Jun 2020 7:08 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Healer or peeler?

It makes a pretty big difference.
Fri 5 Jun 2020 7:10 AM by JUSTNSANE
Peeler preferably but can you put down both so i can differentiate?
Fri 5 Jun 2020 7:16 AM by Blitze
Friars don’t have enough specc points to be a healer and perform in 1v1.

To be a healer (in 8v8 for example) you need 40+ Rejuv, 45+enhance, 18staff.

For solo, the specc I always go back to is:
45ench, 39staff, 23parry, 16rejuv. (This specc works great in a duo too)

For duo, smallman or possibly a peeler role in 8man you can go a hybrid specc with
45ench, 34staff, 34rejuv
Fri 5 Jun 2020 7:20 AM by JUSTNSANE
Thanks for your reply man
Fri 5 Jun 2020 7:43 AM by howjaabah
For 8man you’ll want to go with the above Rejuv spec, you’ll be brought a long for fast NS cures and to help the cleric heal (you’re taking the spot of a cleric after all). Rejuvenate spec is also great with zerg surfing but you will have massive issues with a healing friars worst enemy.... keeps/towers. You’ve got great single target heals but your group healing is horrible and power consuming.

The hybrid spec is great for zerg surfing, soloing, smallmaning. The more melee version is great for solo or smallmans.

There is also some out there that prefer a lower enhance (35/36) as it gives you wiggle room to raise staff or rejuv higher. IMO dropping enhance your the 30s biggest drawback is lowered heat resist, the Dex/quick, ABS and AF buff aren’t massive affected by this. I’d only do that for zerg surfing or smallmanning/soloing. 8v8 wants those resists.
Fri 5 Jun 2020 9:22 AM by Blitze
For 8v8 the heat resist (46 ench) is important and maybe cold resist (48ench) depending on popularity if mid casters.

I have heard of friars dropping ench to 37/38 for yellow resists... for this to work you would need cleric to throw you spec AF, and you still would be squishier with 5% less absorb. If you have high MoArcane that would aid this specc. But you would get Decent staff 34 for dmg & great peels, with 40/43 rejuv to cure NS.

these specs would Likely be discussed with your regular 8v8.
Fri 5 Jun 2020 9:26 AM by Centenario
Removed my bad comment
Fri 5 Jun 2020 10:34 AM by Blitze
I've never done DS on my friar, how important are the red heat/cold resist buffs for DS?
(I can see why parry is pointless for a PvE friar that is not taking damage and just assisting (& same goes for absorb/AF)).

The style review maybe coming up soon and i am hoping the 44staff style gets changed to a 2-part chain rather than 3; and therefore, becomes somewhat useful in RvR.
If this is the case i can see myself trying: 44staff 45ench, 16rejuv, 11parry.
Fri 5 Jun 2020 12:03 PM by howjaabah
For DS resists aren’t important but a good rejuv is helpful for the heal proc. Albs tend to run multiple tanks and the heal proc is a great way for the group to get some heals in situations where the whole group gets AEd. The hybrid spec or rejuv specs are great for this. The 40 heal proc heals for 100 per proc.

Lastly friar gets spec conc based AF too. That said the mid 30s enhance self spec AF is still higher than yellow conc AF.
Sat 6 Jun 2020 1:37 PM by imweasel
Blitze wrote:
Fri 5 Jun 2020 7:16 AM

For duo, smallman or possibly a peeler role in 8man you can go a hybrid specc with
45ench, 34staff, 34rejuv

These three specs are it, unless you tweak them for your own play style.

I did try another spec with thoughts of more solo play but getting more rejuv and lowering parry for group pve play.

25rej, 45enh, 39 staff, 12 parry.

Gets slightly better heal proc, first HoT, cure ns, 52 comp spec on staff and a much better greater heal. It does cost you half your parry spec but increases your utility tool box.

IMHO, it's hard to screw up a friar that takes at least 45 enh. You just won't be the I've got to have this toon in a group. You will be the just get the friar to fill or sub in the friar cause there is nothing else there...
Tue 9 Jun 2020 4:21 PM by Nold
I went 44 staff, 48 enh, 7 rejuv and rest parry. You think 39 staff is just as good?
I'm solo/smallman/8v8 peels.
Tue 9 Jun 2020 8:00 PM by imweasel
Nold wrote:
Tue 9 Jun 2020 4:21 PM
I went 44 staff, 48 enh, 7 rejuv and rest parry. You think 39 staff is just as good?
I'm solo/smallman/8v8 peels.

Yes. You don't really any benefit for going over 52 comp staff. The 44 style is the third chain on a side style. I doubt how often you will both land it and if it will make a difference when you do. Points better spent elsewhere, IMHO.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:58 AM by Klasker
Blitze wrote:
Fri 5 Jun 2020 7:16 AM

45ench, 34staff, 34rejuv

I was thinking about a slight adaption for the solo/duo spec with going 45 enhance 39 staff 24 rejuv and 14 parry

This will give you a slightly better heal proc and group hot, will that be worth it? or is the parry just that much better?
Tue 23 Jun 2020 1:41 PM by Blitze
With respect to RvR.

The blue HoT isnt worth putting on your quickbar.
The yellow HoT is only worth it in big grps and siege fights.
The red HoT is at 44rejuv and I think heal friars stop at 40 or 43 rejuv. (I am not a healfriar so not an expert).

Therefore, 25rejuv is better than 24, as you get a better major and greater heal. I still think 16rejuv 23parry 39staff 45enhance is better for solo/duo at low RRs especially.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 4:21 PM by labra
I'm hoping for a decent style review and a lvl44 style useful (not 3rd in a chain).
A 45Enh 44Staff, 16Rej, 11Parry spec would be awesome (mostly because 0 spare points :p )
Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:12 PM by JUSTNSANE
Thank you everyone for your insights I appreciate it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics