Minstrel pet fix

Started 1 Jun 2020
by Cadebrennus
in Suggestions
Make the charm pulse usable when running but make it an interruptible cast (not insta). Many self buff spells on Live work like this. You can cast them while running but they are still interruptible.

This way the Minstrel can't hold a charm if he keeps getting hit in combat. His pet will turn on him. If the Minstrel is able to free cast he can get his pet back (by mezzing etc. then getting a few seconds to re-charm.)
Mon 1 Jun 2020 10:46 AM by Siouxsie
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 7:30 AM
Make the charm pulse usable when running but make it an interruptible cast (not insta). Many self buff spells on Live work like this. You can cast them while running but they are still interruptible.

This way the Minstrel can't hold a charm if he keeps getting hit in combat. His pet will turn on him. If the Minstrel is able to free cast he can get his pet back (by mezzing etc. then getting a few seconds to re-charm.)

+1 this

However the un-CC loophole should be closed. If the pet is mezzed/stunned/rooted, releasing it should not release the CC affect. Recharming should also not release the effect. That would go a long way to fixing things.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 11:01 AM by gotwqqd
Cadebrennus wrote:

You mean can’t cast a charm....not HOLD
Mon 1 Jun 2020 11:08 AM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 11:01 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

You mean can’t cast a charm....not HOLD

Hold as in keep maintaining. Is there a better word for this? If so let me know and I'll edit.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 11:11 AM by Cadebrennus
Siouxsie wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 10:46 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

+1 this

However the un-CC loophole should be closed. If the pet is mezzed/stunned/rooted, releasing it should not release the CC affect. Recharming should also not release the effect. That would go a long way to fixing things.

If a Minstrel lets go of his/her pet so that it attacks him/her to break CC, then the Minstrel won't be able to re-charm the pet since it will keep interrupting the Minstrel, if it's a system like I propose. At that point it becomes a hindrance rather than a boon. The Minstrel can either a) stay CC'ed or use Purge like everyone else, or b) use this exploit to break CC on themselves at the expense of having a mob constantly aggro him/her the rest of the fight.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 2:04 AM by Lpined
Pet release shouldn't break pet cc and the pet should have charm immunity for 1 minutes. it's getting ridiculous that every minstrel comes with a perma purge with the pet release and instantly re-charm. it's an exploit that I thought someone would have seen ahead of time.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 3:11 AM by Cadebrennus
Lpined wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 2:04 AM
Pet release shouldn't break pet cc and the pet should have charm immunity for 1 minutes. it's getting ridiculous that every minstrel comes with a perma purge with the pet release and instantly re-charm. it's an exploit that I thought someone would have seen ahead of time.

I completely agree with this. Your suggestion + my suggestion would be a permanent solution to this exploit.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 4:20 AM by gotwqqd
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 3:11 AM
Lpined wrote:

I completely agree with this. Your suggestion + my suggestion would be a permanent solution to this exploit.
Your suggestion that a minstrel needs to charm a pet whenever he is attacked is over the top.
Pulses should not be changed, having to recast after losing charm is. And casting while moving being interruptable is fine.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 1:24 PM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 4:20 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 3:11 AM
Lpined wrote:

Your suggestion that a minstrel needs to charm a pet whenever he is attacked is over the top.
Pulses should not be changed, having to recast after losing charm is. And casting while moving being interruptable is fine.

I'm just trying to find a way that is reasonable and removes the exploit from use. So how would you fix the CC exploit but still allow pets to be used in combat and particularly against CC?
Tue 2 Jun 2020 4:17 PM by Muse
Its fine as it is
Wed 3 Jun 2020 4:44 AM by dbeattie71
It’s lame af as it is. No reason to spend a single point in purge.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 7:12 AM by Centenario
I always thought CC were too OP, please nerf CC!..
Mezz/Root of 15sec max
Stun of 5sec max
No interrupts on healers

Then can nerf minstrel too.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 8:54 AM by Cadebrennus
Centenario wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 7:12 AM
Mezz/Root of 15sec max
Stun of 5sec max
No interrupts on healers

Yes but I completely disagree on the healer thing. If you have a good interrupter then targeting their healer is a valid tactic.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 1:32 PM by ExcretusMaximus
dbeattie71 wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 4:44 AM
It’s lame af as it is. No reason to spend a single point in purge.

While the pet breaking CC is bullshit, you need purge for stuns.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:01 PM by joshisanonymous
Centenario wrote:
Mezz/Root of 15sec max
Stun of 5sec max
No interrupts on healers

If CC was nerfed like that, then interrupts for casting would have to be heavily reworked. You can't limit CC to 15 seconds before all the things that reduce CC even further and leave the current interrupt system in place.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:29 PM by Cadebrennus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:01 PM
Centenario wrote:
Mezz/Root of 15sec max
Stun of 5sec max
No interrupts on healers

If CC was nerfed like that, then interrupts for casting would have to be heavily reworked. You can't limit CC to 15 seconds before all the things that reduce CC even further and leave the current interrupt system in place.

I don't see how that is a problem considering how much insta-CC is in the game.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:36 PM by joshisanonymous
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:29 PM

Which casters have insta-CC? How many steps away from a target can a caster get when their long duration CC lasts 3-5 seconds? I'm not sure how your response relates to what I was talking about, honestly.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:38 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Cadebrennus wrote:

You don't see how uninterruptible healers is a problem? Really?

Let's start with the primary mezzer for two out of three realms is a healing class, while the third is a DPS class (which doesn't have any of the instant CC you're talking about). On top of that, people bitch about fights taking too long already. Do you really think healers being able to just stand and heal while being pounded on will help the balance and health of the game?

I'm playing a Healer, I'm stun and mez immune, so I can just stand in a crowd of four melee spamming heals on myself while my tank train annihilates the enemy because between myself and the other Healer we're unkillable and since I'm on Midgard my tank train of Zerker, Savage, Savage, Skald is probably focussing a caster and we all know Midgard has the best spike in the game for MDPS.

Oh, and let's not forget Shamans have heals too, so now they're always MoC'd for free. Say hello to the entire enemy force being diseased, always, and forever.

Balanced?
Wed 3 Jun 2020 7:18 PM by Centenario
Centenario wrote:
Mezz/Root of 15sec max
Stun of 5sec max
No interrupts on healers

I was sarcastic and hyperbolic...
Removing this minstrel pet behavior is IMO equivalent to making healers uninterruptible or making mezz last 4 times less...
Wed 3 Jun 2020 7:42 PM by Cadebrennus
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:38 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

You don't see how uninterruptible healers is a problem? Really?

Let's start with the primary mezzer for two out of three realms is a healing class, while the third is a DPS class (which doesn't have any of the instant CC you're talking about). On top of that, people bitch about fights taking too long already. Do you really think healers being able to just stand and heal while being pounded on will help the balance and health of the game?

I'm playing a Healer, I'm stun and mez immune, so I can just stand in a crowd of four melee spamming heals on myself while my tank train annihilates the enemy because between myself and the other Healer we're unkillable and since I'm on Midgard my tank train of Zerker, Savage, Savage, Skald is probably focussing a caster and we all know Midgard has the best spike in the game for MDPS.

Oh, and let's not forget Shamans have heals too, so now they're always MoC'd for free. Say hello to the entire enemy force being diseased, always, and forever.

Balanced?

I think you quoted the wrong dude.
Thu 4 Jun 2020 4:10 AM by joshisanonymous
Centenario wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 7:18 PM
Centenario wrote:
Mezz/Root of 15sec max
Stun of 5sec max
No interrupts on healers

I was sarcastic and hyperbolic...
Removing this minstrel pet behavior is IMO equivalent to making healers uninterruptible or making mezz last 4 times less...

Making minstrel pets CCable like every other player and pet in the game is the same as making healers uninterruptable? No.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics