New infiltrator here, some questions

Started 28 May 2020
by dalinvar
in Albion
I have to say I'm new to the game and this is my first infiltrator ever but I feel like I am not using him properly.
As new player here I have some basic questions which I think will help me, and many others, to improve how we use the class.

Race / Damage Type
Race: Saracen
Damage type: Thrust

How I am specced:
*** still no template here ***
Stealth - 37 +9
Thrust - 39 +5
Critical Strike - 50 +10
Dual Wield - 25 +2
Envenom - 37 +10

RR 3L0:
Tireless
Long Wind
Purge II
Vanish I

Questions:
1) Styles:
I am struggling with styles. Basically I'm only using Critical Strike line.
Which rotation should I use?
This is how I'm playing right now:

From Stealth = Perforate ArteryCreeping DeathStunning Stab
Out of Stealth = *evade*HamstringLeaperRib SeparationRipper.
While trying to allocate this evade-chain I'm spamming the anytime style Garrote + Achilles Heel and If have chance I use Pincer (side style) and Pierce (back).

So basically I'm just using these styles and I feel my damage output is quite nice when enemy is attacking me, but pretty low when is not.
For sure I'm doing it wrong.

Lastly, should I never try to allocate Backstab II + Thigh Cut when let say enemy is facing back from me? Or just focus on PA?

2) Envenom:
Haven't my template yet so I've got just 47 envenom and I'm running like this:
lvl.45 DoT Insidious lethal venom → on MH (equipped)
lvl.47 WS/CON Debuff greater enervating posion → on OH (equipped)
lvl.45 DoT Insidious lethal venom → on MH (not equipped, for swapping)

Doing like that on my own logic, not sure it make sense.
Should I swap when they purge right?
Do I really need so many weapons with DoT? Enemy will purge just once..

3) Potions:
lvl.30 Draught of Combined Forces
lvl.30 Improved Draught of Invigoration

4) Weapons:
I really have no idea what I'm doing here
MH 16.2 // 3.5 (equipped)
OH 14.7 // 2.5 (equipped)
MH 16.2 // 3.5 (bag for swapping)
MH 16.5 // 2.9 (bag for swapping)

Had some fun with the colours lol.
Thanks for feedbacks guys
Thu 28 May 2020 12:35 PM by gotwqqd
Where is your snare and disease poisons?
Thu 28 May 2020 12:40 PM by dalinvar
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 12:35 PM
Where is your snare and disease poisons?

Stopped to use it since I'm spamming Garrote which provides a 12sec snare. Any cons on doing that?
Thu 28 May 2020 1:12 PM by Hangel
I will answer about weapon... all 16.5 2.2-2.4 LH 3.9 main hand. this is what ppl use atm... I use a 3.3 LH for damage add atm and 3.7-3.9 main hand.
Most of ppl use DD with life drain proc (only on rog weapon) + matter dot crafted that stuck with lifebane.
U should use disease too... ok for snare u can always use the style but disease decrease the heal and debuff stat too.
Thu 28 May 2020 1:34 PM by dalinvar
Hangel wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 1:12 PM
I will answer about weapon... all 16.5 2.2-2.4 LH 3.9 main hand. this is what ppl use atm... I use a 3.3 LH for damage add atm and 3.7-3.9 main hand.
Most of ppl use DD with life drain proc (only on rog weapon) + matter dot crafted that stuck with lifebane.
U should use disease too... ok for snare u can always use the style but disease decrease the heal and debuff stat too.

Thanks for info, so you mean matter-dot on weapon stacks with envenom dot, right?
Thu 28 May 2020 2:08 PM by Saroi
1, It is really hard to say because it depends on the situation and from experience. If you are fighting vs. Casters you can use PA and CD for stun. If you are fighting melees or others and know they will purge then don't use CD and wait for evade to use Ratfang stun to bait them into using purge for that and later you can restun with Beartooth. Ratfang has a 2 second stun so immunity timer is only 12 seconds. Important is when you stun to change quickly to backup weapons with poison to be able to reapply if your enemy uses purge. In this case disease is important because enemies will try to use legion/healpot for the full heal.

You can also try to open with Backstab. PA and Backstab are not really different because both will be mostly absorbed by the ws/con debuff poison. There are also quite a few times enemies purged my Backstab 1 so they have a low immunity timer.(Same like Ratfang, 2 second stun with 12 sec immunity timer).

Garotte/Achilles as your anytimer and evade chain while you can. But since you are Thrust, don't forget to use Basiliskfang. It is the level 39 Sidestyle which gives the enemy a 34% attack speed reduction. Very strong vs. melees, especially 2h melees. Backstab for the short stun is best to open and then hit your enemy with Basiliskfang.

2, Envenom: I always have ws/con debuff on Mainhand since the health reduction is higher than the damage you deal unless you hit a very high PA with a crit. When you use it with your offhand you have a few struggles. First, you do not always hit with your offhand, so you can be unlucky and have like 2-3Mainhand attacks wasted + the offhand hit when poison gets applied and then there is also the chance for resists. The WS con part is also important vs. melees since it reduces the damage from your enemy by a good amount.

So here I am Mainhand: ws/con
Offhand: Disease(Target is slowed, heal halved and less str which means less damage for melees)
Mainhand in 2h Slot: Dot
Vs. Melees you switch then to the level 17 str debuff poison (ws/con and str debuff stack) and try to apply that but because it is level 17, it has a 26.5% resist chance so it will get resisted by a good amount. Only Nightshade have the luxury of getting Mastery of Focus and being able to lower the resist rates.

You need a lot of extra weapons. I always have around 15 weapons with different poisons because there is stuff like purge, resist etc. to reapply. In some situations you may also need snare poison or the fatigue poison (Essence of Weariness). Noone really uses the fatigue poison but vs. Enemies that have styles which cost high or more endu it is very effectiv. It also helps vs. Enemies that try to kite because they will lose endu while running. When you use a weapon with Dot proc on an enemy that already has a dot poison it will not deal immediate damage but refresh the timer on it. So if you are about to die and your enemy is low you can switch and hope he will die too. Important is to not release or the dot will deal less damage.

You said you don't have a template yet for 50 poison then you just have to let the fatigue poison away atm but you are struggling with higher resists on disease and dot because of the lower level.

3, Besides Combined forces you can go combined regeneration(Only really the heal reg different, since you don't need power) and use Strong Elixir of Shard (damage shield). Get a 150 damage Ablative charge from a feather item and Legion heal and Healpots.

4, Well as for weapons you want a 3.9 Rapier which is the slowest for Inf and try to get 2.2 Offhand. 3.9 Is craftable to put on insta dd or dot proc, 2.2 is only craftable with 15.0 dps so you need to find Rogs for 16.5 dps but as a start you can also get a 2.4 crafted Offhand. Both 3.9 Rapier and 2.2 Offhand have LT procs for Rogs or normal DD. LT is nice when it procs for HP back but LT procs have a 2.5% higher resist. There is a damage add proc weapon which you can get for feathers. You can either use it for Mainhand as an opener and/or Offhand and then switch to other weapons as soon as it procs.

At the start you can use 3.9 Crafted Main so you can SC them for an easier template till you can afford a complete weaponless one. Would be a better option with what you got atm.

And at last, get rid of vanish and use those points for higher purge or more offensive RA's and if you die just die like a real man.
Thu 28 May 2020 6:52 PM by dalinvar
Saroi wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 2:08 PM
Offhand: Disease(Target is slowed, heal halved and less str which means less damage for melees)
Vs. Melees you switch then to the level 17 str debuff poison (ws/con and str debuff stack) and try to apply that but because it is level 17, it has a 26.5% resist chance so it will get resisted by a good amount. Only Nightshade have the luxury of getting Mastery of Focus and being able to lower the resist rates.

3, Besides Combined forces you can go combined regeneration(Only really the heal reg different, since you don't need power) and use Strong Elixir of Shard (damage shield). Get a 150 damage Ablative charge from a feather item and Legion heal and Healpots.

That was a huge load of informations, really thank you man I'm taking note of all these advices.

I've highlited in your quote some parts which I didn't understand:

First highlight: you are saying I may switch with the lvl.17 str debuff but didn't get which weapon I should put off in order to apply this liv.17 str debuff
Second highlight: How can I get this items? (150 damage Ablative charge + Legion heal + Healpots). Anyone remember these pot's name?
Thu 28 May 2020 6:57 PM by dalinvar
Hangel wrote:

So for example if I have a weapon which has DoT proc, and I apply DoT venom on it, this weapon is going to apply 2 differents DoT on the enemy??
Did I get it right?
Thu 28 May 2020 7:19 PM by Saroi
dalinvar wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 6:52 PM
Saroi wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 2:08 PM

That was a huge load of informations, really thank you man I'm taking note of all these advices.

I've highlited in your quote some parts which I didn't understand:

First highlight: you are saying I may switch with the lvl.17 str debuff but didn't get which weapon I should put off in order to apply this liv.17 str debuff
Second highlight: How can I get this items? (150 damage Ablative charge + Legion heal + Healpots). Anyone remember these pot's name?

Any spare weapon you have. Let's say you buy like 10 3.9 crafted Rapier Mainhand. Put the poison on any weapon you like and on a place in your inventory you know it is there to use. You can also make switch macros to easily switch weapons.

There are several items with the Abla charge. One is cheap with 10k feathers from Dragon(Dartmoor merchant) in camelot. Cloak of the Maelstrom.
Legion Heal: Heart of Legion from the frontier Merchant.

If you don't have the feathers or/and the credit you can buy them from other players for a few plat. To buy Legion items you must have killed Legion once on any realm. For Dartmoor you must have killed the Albion Dragon.

There are 2 different heal pots. One Is called Strong Elixir/Potion/Draught (Elixir for 10 stacks, Potion for 30 Stacks and Draught for 100 Stacks) of Healing. It has 230 Heal value but you cannot use it while you have weapons drawn and after using it you have a short delay to attack.

The other is Superior Elixir of Instant Healing. It has 180 Heal value but you can use it while you have your weapons drawn. Basically a bit less healing but no delay in attacking. I use this Instant healing mostly and the other with higher heal for situations like getting cast or shot on from archery or battle is over and I have dot ticks on me.
Thu 28 May 2020 7:25 PM by Saroi
dalinvar wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 6:57 PM
Hangel wrote:

So for example if I have a weapon which has DoT proc, and I apply DoT venom on it, this weapon is going to apply 2 differents DoT on the enemy??
Did I get it right?

Yes. I am not exactly sure how it is on Alb but Midgard for example it is possible to have 3 dots on Enemy. Feather merchants have weapons with a Body damage type dot and it stacks with the crafted Alchemy proc and Lifebane.
Fri 29 May 2020 9:24 PM by Cadebrennus
dalinvar wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 11:02 AM
I have to say I'm new to the game and this is my first infiltrator ever but I feel like I am not using him properly.
As new player here I have some basic questions which I think will help me, and many others, to improve how we use the class.

Race / Damage Type
Race: Saracen
Damage type: Thrust

How I am specced:
*** still no template here ***
Stealth - 37 +9
Thrust - 39 +5
Critical Strike - 50 +10
Dual Wield - 25 +2
Envenom - 37 +10

RR 3L0:
Tireless
Long Wind
Purge II
Vanish I

Questions:
1) Styles:
I am struggling with styles. Basically I'm only using Critical Strike line.
Which rotation should I use?
This is how I'm playing right now:

From Stealth = Perforate ArteryCreeping DeathStunning Stab
Out of Stealth = *evade*HamstringLeaperRib SeparationRipper.
While trying to allocate this evade-chain I'm spamming the anytime style Garrote + Achilles Heel and If have chance I use Pincer (side style) and Pierce (back).

So basically I'm just using these styles and I feel my damage output is quite nice when enemy is attacking me, but pretty low when is not.
For sure I'm doing it wrong.

Lastly, should I never try to allocate Backstab II + Thigh Cut when let say enemy is facing back from me? Or just focus on PA?

2) Envenom:
Haven't my template yet so I've got just 47 envenom and I'm running like this:
lvl.45 DoT Insidious lethal venom → on MH (equipped)
lvl.47 WS/CON Debuff greater enervating posion → on OH (equipped)

Doing like that on my own logic, not sure it make sense.
Should I swap when they purge right?
Do I really need so many weapons with DoT? Enemy will purge just once..

3) Potions:
lvl.30 Draught of Combined Forces
lvl.30 Improved Draught of Invigoration

4) Weapons:
I really have no idea what I'm doing here
MH 16.2 // 3.5 (equipped)
OH 14.7 // 2.5 (equipped)
MH 16.2 // 3.5 (bag for swapping)
MH 16.5 // 2.9 (bag for swapping)

Had some fun with the colours lol.
Thanks for feedbacks guys

Just remember that you can't go through a mindless rotation and win like you can in other games. No disrespect intended. Here you have to be more reactive and proactive, as opposed to other games. There's a lot of good advice already given above my post, so that's a good place to start.

Edit: I see that your DW spec is pretty low. Unless you need Thrust at 39 for a weapon style or something, I would increase your DW as soon as possible. I ran the numbers through a spreadsheet and DW increases damage numbers far better than what is expected, especially here on Phoenix. On top of that, as an Assassin you're dependent on offhand swings for poison application as well as proc effects and damage.

Most importantly, who are your primary targets? Casters? Support classes? Other Stealthers? That alone will determine your ideal spec and template, as well as weapon choice (Slash vs Thrust).
Sat 30 May 2020 4:13 AM by p0x
I've seen a couple times that people have said that DW/LA are better here than they were on live. Is there a number with that? I think it was wryd or someone did a huge breakdown back in the day for LA that really showed the comparison, just wondering what the DW swing chance formula and LA ones are here.
Sat 30 May 2020 5:45 AM by Cadebrennus
p0x wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 4:13 AM
I've seen a couple times that people have said that DW/LA are better here than they were on live. Is there a number with that? I think it was wryd or someone did a huge breakdown back in the day for LA that really showed the comparison, just wondering what the DW swing chance formula and LA ones are here.

Here's a chart comparing DW/CD and LA but keep in mind they boosted the percentage to swing (CD) or damage (LA) here on Phoenix, so the numbers in this chart are actually lower than Phoenix.

http://talsyra.tripod.com/daocmechanics/la_cd_dw_mechanics.html
Sat 30 May 2020 6:49 AM by dalinvar
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 9:24 PM
Just remember that you can't go through a mindless rotation and win like you can in other games. No disrespect intended. Here you have to be more reactive and proactive, as opposed to other games. There's a lot of good advice already given above my post, so that's a good place to start.

Edit: I see that your DW spec is pretty low. Unless you need Thrust at 39 for a weapon style or something, I would increase your DW as soon as possible. I ran the numbers through a spreadsheet and DW increases damage numbers far better than what is expected, especially here on Phoenix. On top of that, as an Assassin you're dependent on offhand swings for poison application as well as proc effects and damage.

Most importantly, who are your primary targets? Casters? Support classes? Other Stealthers? That alone will determine your ideal spec and template, as well as weapon choice (Slash vs Thrust).

Had my first 20hours in RvR as infi and i'm getting used to it and trying to understand which enemy inc and which not. So right now it is still hard to me to answer your question about the target, but for sure SB/NS and CASTERS are on the list on people to inc.

About the rotation: so essentially we are just spamming some styles while waiting to place the Critical Strike chain on evade.

Since im newish I picked that spec from the other big infi topic on the forum , and yes it has 39 thrust I guess for Basiliskfang and some weapon dmg.
I am close to reach RR4, would you suggest a nice spec?
Sat 30 May 2020 8:59 AM by gotwqqd
dalinvar wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 6:49 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

Had my first 20hours in RvR as infi and i'm getting used to it and trying to understand which enemy inc and which not. So right now it is still hard to me to answer your question about the target, but for sure SB/NS and CASTERS are on the list on people to inc.

About the rotation: so essentially we are just spamming some styles while waiting to place the Critical Strike chain on evade.

Since im newish I picked that spec from the other big infi topic on the forum , and yes it has 39 thrust I guess for Basiliskfang and some weapon dmg.
After an attack hits use the evade chain start with backup of your goto anytime
This way if you evade split second before your turn it will fire the reactive style ...else goes to the backup
Sat 30 May 2020 10:56 AM by Cadebrennus
dalinvar wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 6:49 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

I always like to look at the Armor tables, and here is where Alb Stealth has to make a hard choice.

Slash = strong vs Mid Stealth, weak vs Hib Stealth.
Thrust = weak vs Mid Stealth, neutral vs Hib Stealth. Some more weaponskill when using Thrust over Slash, but not enough to make a significant difference IMO.

You pretty much have to make a choice between these two options. Only after you've made that choice can you think about spec.
Sun 31 May 2020 4:52 PM by Saroi
p0x wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 4:13 AM

For dw /cd it changes offhand hit chance from .68 to .86, for la it changes offhand scaling from .34 to .52, la mainhand remains at .34

Left axe mainhand damage starts at a higher % (62.5% -> 77.3%), offhand damage at a lower % (62.5 -> 52.5%)

SB's also get the Cold proc on the level 50 style.
Sun 31 May 2020 7:59 PM by The Skies Asunder
Lots of good advice given in this thread for you so far. I would add that I don't think 50 crit strike is worth the points, even on Infiltrator, who has extra points to spend. at rr4 I would probably go something like this:

Stealth: 36
Envenom: 36
Slash/Thrust: 38
DW: 37
CS: 44

or

DW: 42
CS: 39

I would consider both of these all around safe specs to use. If you end up fighting a lot of opponents who are strictly melee, like other stealthers and such, you could always go higher DW, even up to 50 by lowering your CS to 29. Still have garotte spam for people that try to run away, and Achilles Heel if you want to give them the ASR. Alternatively, the thrust 39 style is better for ASR, but it is a side positional and is obviously one point higher in spec than you need, so if you aren't decent at landing it or don't want to spec the one point higher, just use garrote and Achilles Heel.
Sun 31 May 2020 11:43 PM by gotwqqd
If you want you can drop envenom 2 levels for disease....lifebane isn’t a must if one of the weapon lines has a style you want
Mon 1 Jun 2020 12:36 AM by thirian24
Ill give you the best spec for infil. It requires some positional styles, but WELL worth it. Take some time to practice on mobs for your styles and poison rotations.

At rr4 youll want composite 50stealth and envenom, 39 thrust, 44cs, 36 DW. Every time you get a full realm level, drop down stealth and envenom a lvl to composite 50 and pump DW.

Youll wanna lead off with Enervating on MH, LB on OH then swap to disease and continue to swap from there. (Some people do this differently)

You have access to 2 stuns in the thrust line. A 2 sec and a 6 sec at 15 thrust, both off evade. You need to know when to use the 2 as its important not to lead off with that 6 sec stun too early.

As for weapons, only use 16.5 weapons. 3.9 MH and at a minimum the 2.4(?) OH. You can also get the 2,2 OH ROG OH weapons later on.

Most importantly from what i see, you REALLY need to get your temp situated.

Make sure you have the ablative charge, double heal (legion heart + superior heal pot).

Like it was mentioned before, drop vanish for awhile to get higher purge or passives. Pick it up later when youre higher RR.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 6:44 AM by gotwqqd
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 7:59 PM
DW: 42
CS: 39

I would drop envenom 2 points and if needed weapon 1
To get DW to 44
Mon 1 Jun 2020 7:49 AM by Hangel
To be honest I never find DW spec so nice... what DW style are you planning to use? you open with critical combo, stun and side ASR are on thrust... and garrote and follow style are critical. So why have 39 cs and 44 dw if you use all style different from DW? only for some % more to hit with offhand... and consider on alb u use 2.2 - 2.4 LH the damage is very low. Who play DW think go 50 for the front style, but I think critical is better than dual.
I play 44 cs and 39 thrust at 5L for the side ASR style and still full envenom for lifebane planning to go with high viper when possible.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:29 AM by dalinvar
I have to thanks all of you guys for the massive informations on this topic.

Many talked about lowering CS for higher DW and I'm going to give it a try later on. Wondering to drop down 39 thrust since I'm not so pro to execute side style for haste debuff, but I will do some tests on mobs.

At the moment I've got another big question and would be nice to receive your points of view. These days I'm farming no stops to accumulate plats as more as possible in order to buy my template.

Since I never bought a definitive template I really have no idea what to ask to the crafter in order to have a good deal with him.
So, what should I look for?

1) All stats capped?
2) All resists capped?
3) Which procs on which slots?
4) Weapon procs?
5) What is weaponless template?

I would like to buy a definitive template to just go in RvR and stop farming pve like that .
How much it will cost? More than 20p?

Thank you again

ps. If someone is able to craft it on Albion side I'm happy to buy it from you!
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:50 AM by Cadebrennus
dalinvar wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:29 AM
I have to thanks all of you guys for the massive informations on this topic.

Many talked about lowering CS for higher DW and I'm going to give it a try later on. Wondering to drop down 39 thrust since I'm not so pro to execute side style for haste debuff, but I will do some tests on mobs.

At the moment I've got another big question and would be nice to receive your points of view. These days I'm farming no stops to accumulate plats as more as possible in order to buy my template.

Since I never bought a definitive template I really have no idea what to ask to the crafter in order to have a good deal with him.
So, what should I look for?

1) All stats capped?
2) All resists capped?
3) Which procs on which slots?
4) Weapon procs?
5) What is weaponless template?

I would like to buy a definitive template to just go in RvR and stop farming pve like that .
How much it will cost? More than 20p?

Thank you again

ps. If someone is able to craft it on Albion side I'm happy to buy it from you!

If you go with x2 dragon rings, frontier Cloak, and SI necklace you'll be off to a good start template-wise.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:54 AM by dalinvar
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:50 AM
If you go with x2 dragon rings, frontier Cloak, and SI necklace you'll be off to a good start template-wise.

What if I never done any Dragon/Sidi etc. and want the temp to be 100% crafted?
Is it really expensive?
Mon 1 Jun 2020 10:28 AM by Cadebrennus
dalinvar wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:54 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:50 AM

What if I never done any Dragon/Sidi etc. and want the temp to be 100% crafted?
Is it really expensive?

You can pay someone to buy the items with the feathers they already have. Honestly the only place you should have 100% anything is on your gloves & boots because it's cheap to make (compared to other items). 99% quality is just fine on the rest of your armor and weapons.

By getting the above mentioned items you only need 4 ROGs for your jewelry slots.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 11:42 AM by Hangel
I usually start from Sidi Chest, all other use can be burn from inventory so if you find good rog can help built your template... the expansive item are usually the weapon anyway. So if u farm feathers you can use ring + si neck + Sidi vest... than good rog with 70 utility, hand and boot 100%, other 99%...
Than start with a 2.5 LT for offhand (not so expansive) and crafted weapon 3.9 if not find 1 good LT main hand...
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics