Best Idea Ever for Solo on Phoenix

Started 29 May 2020
by daoklover
in RvR
OMG I just had the best idea ever for solo play on Phoenix.

Solo kills get double RPs OR Lone Enforcers get double RPs AND adding a solo you get half RPs. I think I'm a game designer now. Can I have grues spot?

SOLO COMMUNITY UNITE!
Fri 29 May 2020 9:39 PM by daoklover
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 9:38 PM
Pretty much how it works already.

Get ready to have your mind blown... Double the RPs that a solo kill ALREADY GIVES ! I'm on another level here.
Fri 29 May 2020 9:42 PM by Akhilio
+1 to solo kills giving a higher RP bonus modifier, but i also think that RP gain for grouped people killing solos should be reduced before split by a proportionate amount. Logically, how much can you learn by using 4 people to beat down one person who has no chance? You should get less than 100 rp each for that (and far less in an 8 man doing the same)
Fri 29 May 2020 9:47 PM by daoklover
daoklover wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 7:53 PM
AND adding a solo you get half RPs.

That's halfing the current RPs zergers get for adding.
Fri 29 May 2020 9:49 PM by joshisanonymous
Honestly, every playstyle seems to yield roughly 10k RPs/hour, so I'm not sure why solos should get some kind of extra boost. I've never done /stats on anyone and seen much higher than that no matter whether they're soloing, smallmaning, 8maning, or zerging. Maybe PK does better sometimes, but I've even checked their grouped when they were getting plenty of spam and the RPs/hour were not much higher than 10k.

That seems like an ideal situation to me where everyone can advance their character regardless of which playstyle they prefer.
Fri 29 May 2020 9:56 PM by thirian24
Soloing is damn near impossible. So far tody, every single engagement ive gotten into has been added by no less than 5 sneaks. Its fucking ridiculous.

"Lets give these guys a pvp zone where you cant grp, perfect for solos."

Solo community loves this new zone and its a HUGE hit its first day.

"Lets nerf the solo pvp zone, they are having too much fun and enjoying the game."

"We will give them some made up bullshit by Gruens and Co. that nobody wanted or asked for."

Zone dies immediately.

Solos are back to the FZ getting fucking rolled by sneak grps and shit ass leaching archers.

Thanks
Fri 29 May 2020 10:40 PM by nitynity
whatever they all said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Fri 29 May 2020 10:58 PM by sleeve
you have to log on the right time of day / night for that kind of encounter or make a stealth class.

I do agree its a bad time trying to solo but a rp boost won't make much of a change, people will still add for their cut of the realmpoints.

I think when they boosted the overall player HP to help with caster debuff trains it really fucked up solo play for me as a caster, not sure how that fairs with other classes.

Just got to plod along and enjoy the nice fights you will get now and then.

oh yeah while im here, nerf minstrels.
Fri 29 May 2020 11:01 PM by daoklover
Solo Lives Matter

Thumbs up if you support the SLM movement.
Fri 29 May 2020 11:12 PM by thirian24
daoklover wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 11:01 PM
Solo Lives Matter

Thumbs up if you support the SLM movement.

I feel like the Phoenix staff is discriminating against solos and i think thats a crime. Gonna look into this further. Will post with further info and how we can take legal actions.

This is just a joke, dont take it serious. Im just trying to find a tiny bit of humor in being rolled by 786436892345762984576 sneaks 24/7
Sat 30 May 2020 12:24 AM by joshisanonymous
sleeve wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 10:58 PM
you have to log on the right time of day / night for that kind of encounter or make a stealth class.

I do agree its a bad time trying to solo but a rp boost won't make much of a change, people will still add for their cut of the realmpoints.

I think when they boosted the overall player HP to help with caster debuff trains it really fucked up solo play for me as a caster, not sure how that fairs with other classes.

I definitely agree that soloing as a caster is more difficult with the HP boost here, and I also agree that increased RPs would not lead to more soloers, just as introducing horses hasn't seemed to lead to more soloers. People don't solo because it is by nature difficult, regardless of the server, and personally that's what has always made it exciting to me and why I do it.

And FYI, these "it's too hard to solo" complaint threads usually come from stealthers. They've already rolled classes that excel at allowing you to choose your fights, and they're still unhappy.
Sat 30 May 2020 12:38 AM by Jingo NZ
Solo task zone rotates between separate zones to normal task. Must remain solo for the entire 45min duration. Task participation base rp tick is 2x normal.

Solos can port to solo zone and small group zone without dieing there first.

Done.
Sat 30 May 2020 10:35 AM by sleeve
What about personal kill tasks?

hypothetical

8man - Kill 100players - reward 3k rp
5man - Kill 75 players - reward 3k rp
Solo - kill 25 players - Reward 3k rp

something along those lines?
Sat 30 May 2020 12:27 PM by inoeth
joshisanonymous wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 12:24 AM
sleeve wrote:

I definitely agree that soloing as a caster is more difficult with the HP boost here, and I also agree that increased RPs would not lead to more soloers, just as introducing horses hasn't seemed to lead to more soloers. People don't solo because it is by nature difficult, regardless of the server, and personally that's what has always made it exciting to me and why I do it.

And FYI, these "it's too hard to solo" complaint threads usually come from stealthers. They've already rolled classes that excel at allowing you to choose your fights, and they're still unhappy.

you dont get it do you? yeah you can chose fights but that does not help you if immediately 5+ other stealthers jump you.... i did not chose this kind of fight
Sat 30 May 2020 1:24 PM by tommccartney
Why do people who choose to solo in a mmolrpg moan about dying when they are outnumbered ? Baffles me !!!

You choose to solo .. if you think you’re good enough to play with a handicap - that’s fine but don’t cry.

This is not a solo 1v1 game - it is a muiltplayer game that has build its entire game engine around group play....................

Do not try to penalise people who group.

If you want 1v1 with no adds then go and play street fighter, mortal kombat, soul caliber, fight night etc.
Sat 30 May 2020 4:47 PM by joshisanonymous
inoeth wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 12:27 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:
sleeve wrote:

you dont get it do you? yeah you can chose fights but that does not help you if immediately 5+ other stealthers jump you.... i did not chose this kind of fight

Pick a better spot then, geez. I've only ever seen you standing on the dock in Odin's. What do you think is gonna happen if that's your where you always go? If all you ever find are 5+ stealthers jumping on you after you attack, then the lesson here is not that your class doesn't have the ability to choose winnable fights, it's that you're bad at choosing.
Sat 30 May 2020 5:07 PM by thirian24
tommccartney wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 1:24 PM
If you want 1v1 with no adds then go and play street fighter, mortal kombat, soul caliber, fight night etc.

There it is! I was waiting for this comment. We usually get 1 per page. Thanks for keeping the tradition going.
Sat 30 May 2020 5:27 PM by darkstar00
This is an RVR game not SVR (solo vs solo).

Stealthers are really the only class that is viable for solo play though... but you still get adds and whatever. What goes around comes around... my fights get added, i add when needed as well its whatever.
Sat 30 May 2020 5:32 PM by inoeth
joshisanonymous wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 4:47 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 12:27 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:

Pick a better spot then, geez. I've only ever seen you standing on the dock in Odin's. What do you think is gonna happen if that's your where you always go? If all you ever find are 5+ stealthers jumping on you after you attack, then the lesson here is not that your class doesn't have the ability to choose winnable fights, it's that you're bad at choosing.

"usually" i am not in OG, usually i also do not camp relic docks, but do you know what? it does not matter, anywhere you go, is camped by alot of archers these days.
if you know a place where solo rvr is possible, enlight me. but actually i heavily doubt you are a solo player anyway.
Sat 30 May 2020 5:52 PM by joshisanonymous
inoeth wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 5:32 PM
"usually" i am not in OG, usually i also do not camp relic docks, but do you know what? it does not matter, anywhere you go, is camped by alot of archers these days.
if you know a place where solo rvr is possible, enlight me. but actually i heavily doubt you are a solo player anyway.

You know there's a link in my signature. Pretty easy to see that I'm consistently one of the top solo casters on the server by solo kills.

Anyway, Pennine, Breifine, CG, Forest Sauvage, any choke point leading to a keep that's under attack, Snowdonia and Mount Collory when Alb or Hib are under attack and have most/all ports cut, task zones during low pop hours, definitely not task zones during high pop hours, and then maybe Odin's/Hadrian's/Emain during very low pop hours. You can also get by in Hadrian's or Emain when Alb or Hib are able to port directly to both other realms since there won't be consistently heavy traffic to the dock. Also, the strips of lands leading to EV right after the EV task begins (i.e., before most people can port there because they've already died there) as long as the realm your in has a port open to Beno/DC.

I'm sure you weren't asking in good faith about where to solo, but there's your list anyway.
Sat 30 May 2020 6:03 PM by Riac
this whole thread is missing the mark. soloers dont need additional rps per kill, you already get a shitload per solo kill. deterrence from adds is what is needed. providing no incentive to add will knock that out. who is gonna unstealth and sprint over to last hit something if there is no reward? ppl respond to incentives, and currently the incentive to add are RPs, whether it be that lame ass task tick credit or the 10 rps for the last hit.
ive said it a million times. they need to repurpose that useless ass RP flag to something like a solo flag. while the solo flag is up, adders will get 0 rewards for adding. also having a no help aspect to it would be nice too. not allowing the person with the solo flag up to be healed by realm mates and shit like that. this just prevents abuse.

also, archers in the same group as each other should suffer the stealth nerf penalties for being grouped. lets be real, they arent going to stand near each other, they dont need to and they would be dumb to do so.
Sat 30 May 2020 6:55 PM by gotwqqd
Stop thinking you are going to get solo kills at the piers
Task flags etc
Sat 30 May 2020 7:45 PM by thirian24
Look, we've beat this fucking horse to death.

You have the lame fuckers that say, go play Mortal Combat or some shit similar.

You have them also saying, this is an MMORPG not a solo game. Its not designed around solo.

Well here is the deal, there are aspects built into this game that promotes soloing. Its not that the game doesnt support soloing, its the lame ass leaching community that cant leave well enough alone.

Phoenix has supported and given QoL to all aspects of playstyles here, I dont come here saying nerf 8man gvg, take away task ticks, take away rewards for PvDoor.

So why is it such a fucking problem to throw the solo community a bone? What is that going to hurt you or your playstyle? It wont.. not 1 fucking bit.

When day 1 of the solo pvp zone went live, there were people coming out of the woodwork crying about that zone saying, please remove it. WHY?? It doesnt have any bearing on you whatsoever!

The solo community used to be fairly large on this server. It was good and a different time. Now that community is all but gone because of the other lame ass community that says, Red is Dead or, go play MK. Fuck off with that sentiment.

Everyone else is being supported here, whats so damn wrong with letting the solo community have some QoL to enjoy an aspect of this game with like minded people.

Solo pvp zone day 1 was a hit, why cant we have that back? Yall can still add and be lame as fuck in the FZ, and the small population of soloers that enjoy this aspect of the game, get to go and fight like minded people in an organic way. In it current form, its dead and lame as hell. Almost seem done like that purposefully.

If the staff would just come right out and say. "we dont give 2 fucks about soloers." Then we could all just move on to something else. Until then, we are passionate about the way we play and are praying for some light at the end of the tunnel. I thought we had finally gotten that when we got the first iteration of the solo pvp zone, but that was snatched away from us before it even began.
Sat 30 May 2020 7:51 PM by tommccartney
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 5:07 PM
tommccartney wrote:

There it is! I was waiting for this comment. We usually get 1 per page. Thanks for keeping the tradition going.

If there’s always one per page then maybe you should take the advice. Instead you cry for fair 1v1’s on an mmorpg. Bore off.
Sat 30 May 2020 7:57 PM by thirian24
tommccartney wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 7:51 PM
thirian24 wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

If there’s always one per page then maybe you should take the advice. Instead you cry for fair 1v1’s on an mmorpg. Bore off.

Read my above post, youre mentioned in that post. Youll have to read it carefully to figure out where youre mentioned tho. It shouldnt be too hard to figure out.
Sat 30 May 2020 8:14 PM by tommccartney
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 7:57 PM
tommccartney wrote:
thirian24 wrote:

Read my above post, youre mentioned in that post. Youll have to read it carefully to figure out where youre mentioned tho. It shouldnt be too hard to figure out.

Still crying about adds in rvr in your post. Give it a break mate. So sick of people like you wanting this server to be a duel zone & fair fight shite .. fighting ‘like minded people in an organic way’ oh stfu and give me your RP when I roll your duel with a fg thanks.
Sat 30 May 2020 8:28 PM by darkstar00
tommccartney wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 8:14 PM
thirian24 wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

Still crying about adds in rvr in your post. Give it a break mate. So sick of people like you wanting this server to be a duel zone & fair fight shite .. fighting ‘like minded people in an organic way’ oh stfu and give me your RP when I roll your duel with a fg thanks.

yeah bunch of cry babies. if you are fighting someone i'll let you finish it out after that whoever wins im gonna get, unless its another ally. Getting RPs is hard enough on a stealther.
Sat 30 May 2020 8:38 PM by thirian24
tommccartney wrote:
thirian24 wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

You missed the part where i said this doesnt apply to you. I know it doesnt say that exactly, but reading must be hard for you.

Kindly fuck off somewhere else.
Sat 30 May 2020 8:39 PM by protege
What I find especially hilarious is the 8man community rolling solos / adding fights but cry when there is an add on their “fair fights”

So much so that a few scouts made some 8mans reroll to alb so they wouldn’t get added anymore :,((((((((((
Sat 30 May 2020 8:41 PM by darkstar00
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 8:38 PM
tommccartney wrote:
thirian24 wrote:

You missed the part where i said this doesnt apply to you. I know it doesnt say that exactly, but reading must be hard for you.

Yep, reading must be hard for me. I didn't read every response in this thread, if you can quote where you said that it would be very helpful, thanks.
Sat 30 May 2020 8:43 PM by thirian24
darkstar00 wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 8:41 PM
thirian24 wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

Yep, reading must be hard for me. I didn't read every response in this thread, if you can quote where you said that it would be very helpful, thanks.

I never quoted you anywhere from what i can tell.

So yes, reading must be hard for you.
Sat 30 May 2020 8:47 PM by Riac
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 6:55 PM
Stop thinking you are going to get solo kills at the piers
Task flags etc

so where would be the ideal location for the solo kills then?
Sat 30 May 2020 8:49 PM by darkstar00
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 8:43 PM
darkstar00 wrote:
thirian24 wrote:

Yep I didn't want to read every response in this thread so reading is hard for me, great conclusion you got there.

Dude you get plenty of kills anyways, I always see your name popping up for killing mids at the uppland docks and other high-traffic areas. What more do you want? You're fucking rr11 lol.
Sat 30 May 2020 9:03 PM by niromu
Happy I hit RR11 & LE then retired. This community is fucking toxic.

GL Hwaat miss ya buddy 😘
Sat 30 May 2020 9:04 PM by thirian24
darkstar00 wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 8:49 PM
thirian24 wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

Yep I didn't want to read every response in this thread so reading is hard for me, great conclusion you got there.

Dude you get plenty of kills anyways, I always see your name popping up for killing mids at the uppland docks and other high-traffic areas. What more do you want? You're fucking rr11 lol.

Maybe stop and think that im not playing the NS or that possibly i solo on other toons?
Sat 30 May 2020 9:05 PM by thirian24
niromu wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 9:03 PM
Happy I hit RR11 & LE then retired. This community is fucking toxic.

GL Hwaat miss ya buddy 😘

I miss you too brother.
Sat 30 May 2020 10:29 PM by gotwqqd
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 9:04 PM
darkstar00 wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 8:49 PM
thirian24 wrote:

Maybe stop and think that im not playing the NS or that possibly i solo on other toons?
Seem you playing the ns frequently the last weekish
Sat 30 May 2020 10:38 PM by thirian24
Please re-read what i posted before you reply.
Sun 31 May 2020 12:46 AM by fail
Solo police on duty, don't mind me.

ps: love you beaver
Sun 31 May 2020 12:53 AM by daytonchambers
fail wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 12:46 AM

With the rampant adding as well as smalls and fullgroups mowing down solos on the regular I'm frankly amazed that he still managed to get a solo kill ratio that high.
Sun 31 May 2020 2:01 AM by thirian24
daytonchambers wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 12:53 AM
fail wrote:

With the rampant adding as well as smalls and fullgroups mowing down solos on the regular I'm frankly amazed that he still managed to get a solo kill ratio that high.

Exactly this.

Almost every single fight is added by my realm or other realms. The solo kill is taken away from you if ANYBODY does dmg to either person, heals them or interferes in the fights AT ALL.

So thank you for posting that, proving my point EVEN FURTHER that adding is fucking rampant.

I like how you try to distract from what im trying to convey by saying i dont solo.

Nice try.
Sun 31 May 2020 2:27 AM by gotwqqd
thirian24 wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 2:01 AM
daytonchambers wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 12:53 AM
fail wrote:

Exactly this.

Almost every single fight is added by my realm or other realms. The solo kill is taken away from you if ANYBODY does dmg to either person, heals them or interferes in the fights AT ALL.

So thank you for posting that, proving my point EVEN FURTHER that adding is fucking rampant.

I like how you try to distract from what im trying to convey by saying i dont solo.

Nice try.

Seems like your ratio of solo kills to all kills+deaths is more than adequate
Sun 31 May 2020 5:49 AM by Kimahri
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 7:45 PM
If the staff would just come right out and say. "we dont give 2 fucks about soloers." Then we could all just move on to something else.

I think this message was already relayed from the staff in another thread.

Uthred wrote:
Wed 6 May 2020 11:11 AM
After reading all the feedback, you may could get the impression that your community is in the end just like the "shitty zergers", you are only playing for rps and not for the fights like you are pretending to do? /ponder

Their half-assed attempt at a PVP zone was created in order to have an excuse for solo players. It wouldn't have been so bad if they simply would have removed the land of atum ports, but instead they turned it into some hunger games shit.

Due to the fact that im not a masochist, I pulled the phoenix stick out of my ass and i've been branching out my time to other games and Borderlands has been wonderful (Borderlands is free on Epic Games at the moment, go get it while you can!)

TLDR: server is made for zergers, if you don't wanna zerg then enjoy the suffering or gtfo!
Sun 31 May 2020 6:24 AM by Uthred
For someone who doesnt play here anymore, you are still quite active ingame, even in this moment.

But on topic: solo zone, small man zone, solo teleporter, small man teleporter, perma solo zone in toa, perma small man zone in toa (without realm timer).

Not to mention the delayed 1v1/small man tournament/league.

The fairfight command/list.

The anti-stealth-zerg mechanic.

*Irony on
Yes, the staff really doesnt like your community.
*Irony off

But no worries, we will soon change something about the solo/small man zone.
Sun 31 May 2020 6:44 AM by thirian24
Uthred wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 6:24 AM

Thank you for looking into this, Uthred. <3
Sun 31 May 2020 6:52 AM by Kimahri
Uthred wrote:
For someone who doesnt play here anymore, you are still quite active ingame, even in this moment.

But on topic: solo zone, small man zone, solo teleporter, small man teleporter, perma solo zone in toa, perma small man zone in toa (without realm timer).

*Irony on
*Irony off

didn't say im quitting, said im branching out my time because this game gives less payoff overtime due to thirsty adders, thanks for the Big Brother display tho, also of everything you mention the only thing imo that had real impact was the anti stealth zerg mechanic. The rest was ineffective
Sun 31 May 2020 7:50 AM by tommccartney
thirian24 wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 6:44 AM
Uthred wrote:

Hopefully you can stop crying on forums, and you will be able to have your mortal kombat style duels. /yawn

Comparing your kills, solo kills, deaths & death blows to other rr11 NS’s, Tani, Brainstorm, Exo, with similar rp’s - your stats show that you don’t do as well as these players. Your task RP is also larger. Exo has 1,000,000 more RP, 1600 less kills, 1600 MORE deathblows, 400 less deaths, and 1,000,000 less task RP which begs the question - maybe you should start blaming yourself and stop blaming other players, devs and the community.
Sun 31 May 2020 8:05 AM by Blitze
Phoenix staff cannot be said to “not care about solos”. It is just a difficult task to tinker with the solo (not necessarily 1v1) aspect of the game, it affects so much other stuff.

Some points I’ve noted over the last few months.

1. EV is not worth it for soloers
2. Prime time is awful for soloing
3. The solo zone isn’t used
4. Fair fight isn’t used
5. The initial 1vX PvP was an awesome mess of all solo playstyles with loads of fun action, but this only lasted for 1 day when a combination of stale duelling and low rewards started. Even at rr10 my friar won’t beat a Non-AFK rr1 BD.
6. The last man standing was good too, however, again people got bored (I think of speed 5s winning).

I‘In summary, I as a soloer like the chaos of 1v1v1 and 1v2s and duels all mixed up together and this is achieved in RvR. You just have to put up with getting squished by Smallman and 8v8 groups 5 times for every fun fight. This chaos was achieved in day 1 of the pvp zone.
Therefore, I would just suggest having Solo events as 1-2 things every few weeks. Change zone, etc as well.
Sun 31 May 2020 10:57 AM by Noashakra
why not some special skin/aura/visual effect for people who solo a lot?
Instead of rps bonus
Sun 31 May 2020 3:53 PM by gotwqqd
Blitze wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 8:05 AM
Phoenix staff cannot be said to “not care about solos”. It is just a difficult task to tinker with the solo (not necessarily 1v1) aspect of the game, it affects so much other stuff.

4. Fair fight isn’t used
5. The initial 1vX PvP was an awesome mess of all solo playstyles with loads of fun action, but this only lasted for 1 day when a combination of stale duelling and low rewards started. Even at rr10 my friar won’t beat a Non-AFK rr1 BD.
6. The last man standing was good too, however, again people got bored (I think of speed 5s winning).

I‘In summary, I as a soloer like the chaos of 1v1v1 and 1v2s and duels all mixed up together and this is achieved in RvR. You just have to put up with getting squished by Smallman and 8v8 groups 5 times for every fun fight. This chaos was achieved in day 1 of the pvp zone.
Therefore, I would just suggest having Solo events as 1-2 things every few weeks. Change zone, etc as well.
Finally someone who gets it
Mon 1 Jun 2020 3:10 AM by Nephamael
Hey, thanks for doing something @Uthred

i suggest just instant teleport without prior death to a chooseable solo/smallman zone if matching the grpsize requirements

(+4th teleporter in a open field area for both solo and smallman?? ) )
Mon 1 Jun 2020 3:38 AM by Nephamael

#1: has found it's solution in my prior post

#2: PvP zone doesn't exist for solos, as it has a Que with 10 ppl required before it starts, wich can never fill cause the Que steals too much RP/h + reduced kill RPs inside. Solution: Could be fixed by either NO QUE or automatic port in of all newly qued every 2 min.

#2: Smallmen don't join PvP cause it has reduced RPs/kill and they can zerg down more ppl than they get zerged down in the frontier for full RPs/kill.
Solution: give smallmen full RP/kill reward in PvP

#3 /fair toggle /fair list: sadly a solo can't find another solo like an 8man in Emain/Odins/Hadrians, only in the long walking distance areas. I think that's the main reason /fair toggle is not used by more than usually 1-4 people at a time, even at 2k players online.
solution: make it show the location like the task flags: eg: "Jukaron Emain Macha, South of Dun Crauchon" "Xpovoc Hadrians Wall, Southeast of Caer Benowyc Spire"
----
Nevertheless i am extremely happy about you guys announcing QOL for us solos finally
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:08 AM by Kadal
Blitze wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 8:05 AM

4. Fair fight isn’t used

i agree, id rather see the pvp zone as a somehwat regular recurring event instead of it being permanent, even if you manage it not degrading to a "lets meet at place x and duel" zone.
id rather see some more incentive to go out solo in the frontiers than "just" a title, which is obviously easier said than done, maybe some weaponskin after a certain amount of solo kills per class? i dont know.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 8:27 AM by Jaxx
Uthred wrote:

Hello,

I thinks all time DAoC RvR the solo is risky, is just an option of the game.
That's nice, but it's been going around too much at the e-penis. ^^

Why not for tournament is a good idea, funny!

Im not enjoy for "TOA solo zone", is not DAoC game... personally i see that zone for "whine player" . The Add is the risk for soloer.

Anti-stealth-zerg mechanic ? Why ?
Group stealth if slowwwww and easy to escape (except maybe Alb with cheated Mins ^^), and if you punish stealth-zerg, why you dont punish the Zerg plain and simple ?
Its not solo game but my last RvR in Hib is : we are 16, we wipe all time vs 4-5 FG mid stick and 10 FG zerg Alb.... and is add add add ! not possible for RP except Zerg vs Zerg... at 16 player we kill only 2-3 poor solo player, rest of the time we wipe 16 VS 50 or 16 VS 100 well... ! :/

The problem is the system of task reward Zerging style gaming, not the solo / small or FG.
I thinks we need more reward task RP for solo/small ; that would be a first step.

Edit : And maybe is more hard in NF for solo/small? I remember OF with 3k+ player all prime time, i never problem for solo/duo... xD now is just all TP and its Zerg or add and add and add xD
Rather than open a "TOA zone" maybe open a OF zone for solo/small, is more funny.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 8:41 AM by Noashakra
The BG zerg usually doesn't camp choke points... That's why they don't need a penality.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 9:49 AM by Gotmagi
I consider myself somewhat of a soloer.
I feel like the server itself is fine towards soloers, they certainly try to implement stuff to help. Only thing that could maybe be added is some fun task that gets soloers moving to different zones, for example get 3 solo kills in 3-4 X zones for a big reward.

The whole thing about adding and 8mans stramrolling soloers is fine and will never change, whats missing on this server is some level of respect for the fellow player. I’m fine with getting rolled by 8mans etc but when a grp of grown ass people decides it’s fun to /rofl me just to grief really makes me want to quit. That’s a toxic community thing, something the mods/devs can’t fix.

That being said.. soloing in EU primetime has become quite difficult recently, feels like archers are everywhere 😊

Excited to see what will be done to the pvp zone.

Cheers to my fellow soloers 😊
Wed 3 Jun 2020 7:00 PM by daoklover
Riac wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 6:03 PM
this whole thread is missing the mark. soloers dont need additional rps per kill, you already get a shitload per solo kill. deterrence from adds is what is needed. providing no incentive to add will knock that out. who is gonna unstealth and sprint over to last hit something if there is no reward? ppl respond to incentives, and currently the incentive to add are RPs, whether it be that lame ass task tick credit or the 10 rps for the last hit.
ive said it a million times. they need to repurpose that useless ass RP flag to something like a solo flag. while the solo flag is up, adders will get 0 rewards for adding. also having a no help aspect to it would be nice too. not allowing the person with the solo flag up to be healed by realm mates and shit like that. this just prevents abuse.

also, archers in the same group as each other should suffer the stealth nerf penalties for being grouped. lets be real, they arent going to stand near each other, they dont need to and they would be dumb to do so.

Dammit Lilbusta; I don't think you read the actual idea. The core idea is incentive to solo and removing incentive to add.

"Solo kills get double RPs OR Lone Enforcers get double RPs AND adding a solo you get half RPs."
Wed 3 Jun 2020 8:09 PM by daoklover
tommccartney wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 7:50 AM
thirian24 wrote:
Uthred wrote:

Hopefully you can stop crying on forums, and you will be able to have your mortal kombat style duels. /yawn

Comparing your kills, solo kills, deaths & death blows to other rr11 NS’s, Tani, Brainstorm, Exo, with similar rp’s - your stats show that you don’t do as well as these players. Your task RP is also larger. Exo has 1,000,000 more RP, 1600 less kills, 1600 MORE deathblows, 400 less deaths, and 1,000,000 less task RP which begs the question - maybe you should start blaming yourself and stop blaming other players, devs and the community.

I don't know who you are but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hwwaatt is one of the top NS on the server hands down; Exo is not. <3 Exo
Wed 3 Jun 2020 8:46 PM by Riac
daoklover wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 7:00 PM
Riac wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 6:03 PM

Dammit Lilbusta; I don't think you read the actual idea. The core idea is incentive to solo and removing incentive to add.

"Solo kills get double RPs OR Lone Enforcers get double RPs AND adding a solo you get half RPs."

yea, i must not understand.
the adder gets half the rps from the kill? or you get half rps because someone added on your fight? its not very clear. why not just have a flag up that makes it to where the adder gets no rps?
the incentive to solo already exists imo, you get a full rps for the kill, which is a shitload after all the bonuses. you dont have to split with your group mates or the adders. it could be 5x rps for solos and ppl would still group, mainly because they dont want to learn how to play solo or they think it is just too hard. i believe you need to remove whatever reward they would get for adding, leave them with no opportunity. the flag idea accomplishes this by not giving them a reward for adding, so they would be smart as to not give away their position or presence just to receive no reward for participating. also, the player would have to opt into this by putting the flag up. so if you want ppl to help you and add on your fights, you still have that option by just not using the flag. the only downfall is, this only prevents your realm mates from adding, it doesnt really stop other realms from 2v1ing you. however, atleast the ppl who like to 1v1 each other will likely be left alone by the randos and retard archers with this system.
and lets be honest, the RP flag is useless as is anyway. just repurpose it.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 10:06 PM by daoklover
Uthred wrote:

*Irony on
*Irony off

There's working hard and working smart.

-solo zone in NF, no one uses because as soon as fights start there, they get camped by small mans/FGs. The other day a FG hunted the solos at the solo zones all night long. RIP

-perma solo zone in TOA was great the first day (prob the most positive/smartest thing you've done for the community but it was immediately killed and turned into no-incentive hunger games).

-1v1 tournament league, we don't want duels and we don't want tournaments but I can see how you would think this might be a good idea if none of the staff solo's.

-fairfight command/list, this literally doesnt really add anything. Soloer players already know who other solo players are or where they hang out, so using the fairfight command doesn't really give any benefit. If I someone on fairfight and they're in an active zone like hadrians wall (it is AIDS how close the dock is to the keep), your fight is going to get adds. If someone is on the fairfight list in Yggdra Forest, good luck finding them and missing out on other potential fights/RPs. Maybe if this flag was like Borderlands duels where no one can damage you but the other person, but then this is just dueling again, and we don't want dueling. We want organic fights in the wild. Also, there is no bonus for engaging in fairfight like there is with /gvg (which is being abused btw).

-the anti-stealth zerg mechanic, personally, I have noticed zero change in actual RvR. Maybe something was changed but doesn't feel like it. I still see stealth zergs.when they're on top of me and I still eat PA in the mouth without seeing them beforehand. Oh, I almost forgot, I have noticed a difference. Visibles can find me MUCH easier than before.

It would be nice if someone that played a stealther and solo'd was on the staff or a consultant for the staff when thinking of ways to improve things for this sub-set community. So yeah; it feels like you guys don't like our community but maybe you do, you just don't understand us, AT ALL.

Funny note; a group of solo SBs grouped up the other night and repeatably killed Trollselfi's stealth zerg. Guess what happened? They lost their shit and logged off. "WTF is this a fairfight? F-it I'm out." So the RR11 ranger Trollselfi sat on a trebuchet because heaven forbid he went out without his entourage.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 10:20 PM by Jingo NZ
Another best idea ever for solo on Phoenix:

RVR Task "ticks" give 1.5x RPs for people who remain ungrouped for the entire duration of the task.

Creating another nice little incentive for people to try their luck solo. Anything that encourages lower RR people and visible classes to solo will help the food chain/ecosystem.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 10:29 PM by darkstar00
Jingo NZ wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 10:20 PM
Another best idea ever for solo on Phoenix:

RVR Task "ticks" give 1.5x RPs for people who remain ungrouped for the entire duration of the task.

Creating another nice little incentive for people to try their luck solo. Anything that encourages lower RR people and visible classes to solo will help the food chain/ecosystem.

I like this.

Taking it one step further, maybe 1.5 RP per kill for solos or a similar bonus.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 11:53 PM by Tupacalipse
Uthred wrote:

*Irony on
*Irony off

I'm also reading the forums closely waiting for a revamp or change to the solo zone. As a solo visi, that first iteration was what I always dreamed daoc to be.
The huge uptick in archers made attempting to solo without adds in FZ that much more difficult, and straight up impossible for many classes (although not for my main). I'll admit, after tasting what things could be like and then having it killed, crawling back to getting zerged and added over and over in FZ burned a little 0.o

So for the moment I am also spending my time elsewhere, but hopeful for this change -- will keep watching and look forward to returning to check out solo zone changes when they come. Appreciate the effort.

~Pollinator, Hero
Thu 4 Jun 2020 1:09 AM by fail
daoklover wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 8:09 PM

I was not talking about skill, everything is easier when you start to care about solo when you are already rr9-10-11, and winning every duel since should not be a problem for a hr ns.

He may have some friends here trying to back him up, but stats doesnt lie, i take my lowest solo toon and it have more than 50% solo kill, so when a rr11 ns QQ about solo with shitty ratio, please. Its like the rr11 champion who QQd about too much bds and minstrels in the pvp area, pathetic.

I guess several months ago, when he was running with some friends, he didnt care that much about solo, but hey everything change when you hit rr11 apparently.

Gotmagi wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 9:49 AM
I consider myself somewhat of a soloer.
I feel like the server itself is fine towards soloers, they certainly try to implement stuff to help. Only thing that could maybe be added is some fun task that gets soloers moving to different zones, for example get 3 solo kills in 3-4 X zones for a big reward.

The whole thing about adding and 8mans stramrolling soloers is fine and will never change, whats missing on this server is some level of respect for the fellow player. I’m fine with getting rolled by 8mans etc but when a grp of grown ass people decides it’s fun to /rofl me just to grief really makes me want to quit. That’s a toxic community thing, something the mods/devs can’t fix.

That being said.. soloing in EU primetime has become quite difficult recently, feels like archers are everywhere 😊

Excited to see what will be done to the pvp zone.

Cheers to my fellow soloers 😊

Yep, like i said before on a post just before pvp area was tested, you cant cure stupid, devs cant do shit when people are just dicks : Even if you get 0 rps for an add, people will still add you anyway, just for the pleasure.

/fairfight is useless, we are currently 2 who use this feature regulary (love you shalelu) on the entire server.

Maybe, moving docks very far from the ck/bridge will maybe allow stealthers to fight between 2 patrols of coastguards.
Thu 4 Jun 2020 2:58 AM by daoklover
fail wrote:
Thu 4 Jun 2020 1:09 AM
daoklover wrote:

I was not talking about skill, everything is easier when you start to care about solo when you are already rr9-10-11, and winning every duel since should not be a problem for a hr ns.

He may have some friends here trying to back him up, but stats doesnt lie, i take my lowest solo toon and it have more than 50% solo kill, so when a rr11 ns QQ about solo with shitty ratio, please. Its like the rr11 champion who QQd about too much bds and minstrels in the pvp area, pathetic.

I guess several months ago, when he was running with some friends, he didnt care that much about solo, but hey everything change when you hit rr11 apparently.

You seriously don't know what you're talking about. Also, stats lie all the time; what world do you live in?
Thu 4 Jun 2020 8:19 AM by Sepplord
daoklover wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 10:06 PM
-solo zone in NF, no one uses because as soon as fights start there, they get camped by small mans/FGs. The other day a FG hunted the solos at the solo zones all night long. RIP

-fairfight command/list, this literally doesnt really add anything. Soloer players already know who other solo players are or where they hang out, so using the fairfight command doesn't really give any benefit. If I someone on fairfight and they're in an active zone like hadrians wall (it is AIDS how close the dock is to the keep), your fight is going to get adds. If someone is on the fairfight list in Yggdra Forest, good luck finding them and missing out on other potential fights/RPs. Maybe if this flag was like Borderlands duels where no one can damage you but the other person, but then this is just dueling again, and we don't want dueling. We want organic fights in the wild. Also, there is no bonus for engaging in fairfight like there is with /gvg (which is being abused btw).

Solos get camped by a fullgroup all night in solozones...you mean the solos that die there, that can port to any solozone afterwards are getting camped?
While they are not utilizing fairfight to see in which solozone they are meeting again for the 10-15minutes until the fullgroup took a boat and checked the other two solozones again? I really doubt that a fullgroup would actually chase the solos from one zone to another and basically get 200RPs * amount of visible soloers 4times an hour...this sounds like you are exxaggerating

darkstar00 wrote: Taking it one step further, maybe 1.5 RP per kill for solos or a similar bonus.

I am sure, while this would be a pure RP-increase for soloers, that it would lead to more frustration and drama. When someone adds your solo-fight in the last second and leeches 10RPs you currently lose out on the solokill for title but not really anything else. With such a bonus you would now feel like you lost out on 500RPs because of the add. Flamewars and drama would definitely increase while you would ONLY get more when you have a successful 1vs1...
So it would only improve the best case situation, the only situation that is already satisfying af and basically the reason soloers play the game for. That situation is not the situation that requires change
Thu 4 Jun 2020 11:52 AM by Noashakra
Also people will add even if it gives them only 15rp. Do you really think vultures care if it's only a quarter of meal? It's better than no meal at all for them :p
Thu 4 Jun 2020 12:23 PM by Blitze
Yep... adding a bonus for a solo only kill would lead to negative comments. For example, I fought a NS, they Losing, they vanish... then 5min later that NS popped a realmmate, I added. NS dies.

My realmmate, then Sends swears and namecalls cos they didn’t get the solo kill...
Following this,I try to talk to realmmate and explain that that sort of elitism and negativity is bad for server health... they don’t care and threaten to /ignore me...Begrudgingly I /ignore them and move on hoping to not encounter them. I do not think anything that encourages this elitist attitude should be put in game.

Solo game would be fine with Simple and fun biweekly events (two types of which have already been tested)
Thu 4 Jun 2020 2:16 PM by daoklover
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 4 Jun 2020 8:19 AM
daoklover wrote:

Solos get camped by a fullgroup all night in solozones...you mean the solos that die there, that can port to any solozone afterwards are getting camped?
While they are not utilizing fairfight to see in which solozone they are meeting again for the 10-15minutes until the fullgroup took a boat and checked the other two solozones again? I really doubt that a fullgroup would actually chase the solos from one zone to another and basically get 200RPs * amount of visible soloers 4times an hour...this sounds like you are exxaggerating

darkstar00 wrote: Taking it one step further, maybe 1.5 RP per kill for solos or a similar bonus.

I am sure, while this would be a pure RP-increase for soloers, that it would lead to more frustration and drama. When someone adds your solo-fight in the last second and leeches 10RPs you currently lose out on the solokill for title but not really anything else. With such a bonus you would now feel like you lost out on 500RPs because of the add. Flamewars and drama would definitely increase while you would ONLY get more when you have a successful 1vs1...
So it would only improve the best case situation, the only situation that is already satisfying af and basically the reason soloers play the game for. That situation is not the situation that requires change

No exaggeration. Solo zones is really just dueling. So 10-15 solos dueling in solo zone get rolled, they all go to another solo zone, start dueling and the same FG eventually shows up to wipe.

Pretty easy To figure out which solo zone the field moved to (killspam) and it’s super easy RP; especially when you know where they are, and most folks are sitting around watching the current fight.
Thu 4 Jun 2020 3:00 PM by fail
daoklover wrote:
Thu 4 Jun 2020 2:58 AM
You seriously don't know what you're talking about. Also, stats lie all the time; what world do you live in?

You can lie about being a true 8v8 elitiste since 2001, but about solo, you cant.

I know its hard being shove the nose in your shit, simply accept it.
Thu 4 Jun 2020 3:21 PM by joshisanonymous
daoklover wrote:
Thu 4 Jun 2020 2:16 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 4 Jun 2020 8:19 AM
daoklover wrote:

No exaggeration. Solo zones is really just dueling. So 10-15 solos dueling in solo zone get rolled, they all go to another solo zone, start dueling and the same FG eventually shows up to wipe.

Pretty easy To figure out which solo zone the field moved to (killspam) and it’s super easy RP; especially when you know where they are, and most folks are sitting around watching the current fight.

I would say yes exaggeration. I've seen significant spam from duelers in Trelle night after night without anyone coming to roll them. I've even encouraged groups to go roll them in /region and no one has gone to do it. (Note: I don't do this anymore, but did it twice in the past because it went so successfully for those involved that it might as well have been RP farming.)

Also, the solo zones are not just for dueling. I've never used them for dueling because I personally find that whole thing to be really lame, but I use those zones constantly for travel. I think, in that case, I've only been killed in the solo zones twice by larger numbers. Once was when a stealth zerg chased me there from Bled dock (I wasn't aware because they were running with a minstrel), and the other was when it was the task zone and a smallman noticed me monitoring a flag from the solo zone.
Thu 4 Jun 2020 6:30 PM by tommccartney
daoklover wrote:
tommccartney wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 7:50 AM
thirian24 wrote:

I don’t know who you are and I don’t give a shit

And according to herald stats - No.
Thu 4 Jun 2020 7:35 PM by daoklover
fail wrote:
Thu 4 Jun 2020 3:00 PM
daoklover wrote:

You can lie about being a true 8v8 elitiste since 2001, but about solo, you cant.

Who are you? You don’t make any sense. I’ve never said I’m A true 8v8 elitist and all I do is solo. WTF are you getting this shit from? Are you mixing me up with someone else or making shit up?

Do you even work out?
Fri 5 Jun 2020 3:31 AM by Kimahri
fail wrote:
Thu 4 Jun 2020 3:00 PM
daoklover wrote:

What are you smoking, solo kills on this server literally count from lvl 35 - 50 which allows for the inflation of stats, along with the thirstiness of the player base adding everything which also skews stats. Lone enforcer might actually mean something if it only counted lvl 50 kills
Fri 5 Jun 2020 6:41 AM by Sepplord
daoklover wrote:
Thu 4 Jun 2020 2:16 PM

Okay, when i was thinking about the topic i had soloers roaming the zones in mind, which would lead to maybe 5-7people being alive there at the same time, max. Probably much less most of the time.
Crowding it with tons of spectators as a duel zone, is a more juicy target for bigger groups and might make it worthwhile to actively follow you around despite the long traveltimes.
Fri 5 Jun 2020 11:26 PM by Gotmagi
Took 1 solo run this evening, attacked an alb at beno docks, fg storms in and kills me, some rr11 /rudes me for no reason.
Love this community
Tue 9 Jun 2020 9:35 AM by Jaxx
Yes i view me too lots of FG catch the solo/small, 32 VS 1 ... !
The good pretext is "its zone task".

NF is really bad for solo/small.

Just open OF zone for solo/small and all is fine, just try @Staff
Tue 9 Jun 2020 11:20 AM by Blitze
Solo as a visible is hard hard hard...

If you want fair 1v1s you will struggle.
Full stop.
But you do you have three Meh choices:
1) coast/dock guard either your realm or another.
2) travel deep into other realms and kill expers.
3) protect your own expers

All three avenues will lead to you dying multiple times to greater odds and gaining RPs at the slowest possible rate of any playstyle.

For example here is “A Tale of Two Friars”;
I am 99% solo and have 1.8 Million RPs with 1460 deaths.
Polemo is 99% zerg and has 8.9 Million RPs with 1307 deaths.
Tue 9 Jun 2020 11:26 AM by Razur Ur
Blitze wrote:
Tue 9 Jun 2020 11:20 AM

give you right the solo needed increase task reward!
Tue 9 Jun 2020 5:53 PM by thirian24
Blitze wrote:
Tue 9 Jun 2020 11:20 AM
Solo as a visible is hard hard hard...

If you want fair 1v1s you will struggle.
Full stop.
But you do you have three Meh choices:
1) coast/dock guard either your realm or another.
2) travel deep into other realms and kill expers.
3) protect your own expers

All three avenues will lead to you dying multiple times to greater odds and gaining RPs at the slowest possible rate of any playstyle.

i have so much I want to say here. But I'm going to refrain.
Wed 10 Jun 2020 6:02 AM by inoeth
Jaxx wrote:
Tue 9 Jun 2020 9:35 AM

sneaky of whine here lol
of will change nothing but only lesser solo action since you have to travel for ages and ppl dont want to die after a 10 min journey... so they zerg, or simply block your mg...
also its not they fault of a zone, its all the stupid red is dead people that just add on everything and then /rude for the easy rp
Wed 10 Jun 2020 6:12 AM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Wed 10 Jun 2020 6:02 AM
Jaxx wrote:

sneaky of whine here lol
of will change nothing but only lesser solo action since you have to travel for ages and ppl dont want to die after a 10 min journey... so they zerg, or simply block your mg...
also its not they fault of a zone, its all the stupid red is dead people that just add on everything and then /rude for the easy rp

such a big lastman standing with 25 players distributed spawn on the OF would certainly be funny but the registration would have to be done from everywhere via command input ( /enter lastman standing)
Wed 10 Jun 2020 10:35 AM by inoeth
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 10 Jun 2020 6:12 AM
inoeth wrote:
Wed 10 Jun 2020 6:02 AM
Jaxx wrote:

sneaky of whine here lol

such a big lastman standing with 25 players distributed spawn on the OF would certainly be funny but the registration would have to be done from everywhere via command input ( /enter lastman standing)

not sure why you quoted me here ;D
Wed 10 Jun 2020 12:44 PM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Wed 10 Jun 2020 10:35 AM
not sure why you quoted me here ;D

Just for fun :-D
Sat 13 Jun 2020 1:14 AM by daoklover
Uthred wrote:

*Irony on
*Irony off

Please tell me your vague cryptic reference to changing the solo zone wasn’t the last man standing change from 10 to 5.

Please tell me that wasn’t it?
Sat 13 Jun 2020 5:49 AM by Jeterix
I think that what would help solos the most is if they made some sort of solo zone.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 9:52 AM by Uthred
There are actually four solo zones.

Three zones in the fz and one in the pvp zone.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 9:57 AM by Riac
Uthred wrote:
Sat 13 Jun 2020 9:52 AM

a perfect example of form over execution.
to assume that any of the solo "duel zones" are in use when any of the others are in use is just a primo example of the devs out of touch.
the number available does not example the use.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 11:42 AM by Uthred
We are offering two different kind of solo zones. One kind in regular RvR (with porter and fairfight list), where you can get adds and one kind in a "safe space" called pvp zone where no greater numbers can rush you and where we reduced the min numbers to start a LSM to 5.

Plus we had multiple events where solos had their own zone and the arena, which was also including a solo zone.

But sure, we are out of touch.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 4:23 PM by daoklover
Uthred wrote:
Sat 13 Jun 2020 11:42 AM
We are offering two different kind of solo zones. One kind in regular RvR (with porter and fairfight list), where you can get adds and one kind in a "safe space" called pvp zone where no greater numbers can rush you and where we reduced the min numbers to start a LSM to 5.

Plus we had multiple events where solos had their own zone and the arena, which was also including a solo zone.

You just kind of proved you’re out of touch-ness.

Sure you’ve made some zones for soloers BUT if they aren’t being used then obviously you failed at solving the problem and are out of touch.

Why don’t you try and actually listen to your player base (in this case solo community) and try to solve the problem?

We are not just a check box! Please stop treating us like we are.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 4:38 PM by joshisanonymous
daoklover wrote:
Sat 13 Jun 2020 4:23 PM
Uthred wrote:
Sat 13 Jun 2020 11:42 AM

You just kind of proved you’re out of touch-ness.

Sure you’ve made some zones for soloers BUT if they aren’t being used then obviously you failed at solving the problem and are out of touch.

Why don’t you try and actually listen to your player base (in this case solo community) and try to solve the problem?

We are not just a check box! Please stop treating us like we are.

This is a pretty uncalled form criticism. The devs here are incredibly responsive to the players, especially for a free server. I doubt the "soloers" who complain about this day and night will be satisfied with anything short of a permanent 1v1 arena with task credit and full RPs for kills, and if the threshold of being "in touch" something like that, then of course the devs will always fail to meet it.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 4:43 PM by daoklover
No one cares about your opinion on solo matters. That’s like me chiming in on an HoH thread. Im aware enough not to interject myself on things I’m not involved in.

The only reason I can think of for why you’re hear is to kiss more GM butt. In that case, please continue to post here. 😂
Sat 13 Jun 2020 5:52 PM by joshisanonymous
daoklover wrote:
Sat 13 Jun 2020 4:43 PM
No one cares about your opinion on solo matters. That’s like me chiming in on an HoH thread. Im aware enough not to interject myself on things I’m not involved in.

The only reason I can think of for why you’re hear is to kiss more GM butt. In that case, please continue to post here. 😂

If you're referring to me, I almost exclusively solo, so I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to chime in on "solo matters". You, on the other hand, don't even show your in-game name on the forums. For all we know, you don't even play here.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 6:11 PM by gruenesschaf
There is bitching that you can't find other solo people, we introduce the 3 solo zones, now there is bitching that they are being camped despite there explicitly being 3 that you can teleport to so that a group cannot camp all solo spots at the same time.

We add a solo zone where everyone is solo with pretty much the only rule being: Don't team up. What happens? People make their duel town and team up on anyone not conforming to the dueling. We adjust it to still keep the everyone is solo aspect while making that kind of abuse / rule bending impossible via lsm: everyone is bitching about the op classes and people stop using it.

So, sorry, but you have the means to get your solo fix without constantly being run over by larger groups, you even have a place where that behavior is forbbiden but if you don't use it I don't really know why we should spend even another minute on the solo people, whatever we do will lead to more bitching and unless it's something that just increases the reward for the current play style nobody will use it after a while.

In this 10 page thread there are pretty much exactly 2 suggestions and a couple variations to lsm, the rest is just bitching. One suggestion is the opening post and the other is bringing back the pvp zone of day 1 while ignoring (or even wanting) the duel town issue and bitching about the reduced rp that only sets it on par with running around in nf and not being the highest rp/h possible.

The solo game play has 2 main problems:
1) Finding other people
2) Being added by everyone, this is exacerbated task participation / rewards

The adding influences finding people in a pretty major way as due to the adding in combination with the patch / ability setting and there being no speed warp you are most likely to encounter stealther, this is not really helpful when you want to see people. This is less of a problem for skalds / minstrels but pretty much anyone else wil have a bad time.

The solo zones in the frontier tackle both issues while still keeping a bit of the rvr zone "danger" (aka adding), this was rejected. The pvp zone in both variations resolves both problems but was rejected.

Then onto the initial suggestion from this thread to keep it on topic:
How does it affect problem #1? It might result in a very short term increase in solo people due to more rp until people realize if they zerg surf solo and manage to kill something before it has been touched by anyone else they can reap the benefits there as well.
How does it affect problem #2? As people would still get rp for touching solos people would keep touching solos. No change here.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 6:47 PM by daoklover
#1 is almost a non-issue (zerg surfing) if you’re doing this you will rarely get a kill without someone else touching your solo kill. It’s a zerg... you just target nearest and hit it. So this is a null point.

#2 you’re a programmer and can change things. Make it so dumbass small mans, 8 mans and zeros touch a solo player they get shut RP and no task credit.

Another point; you claim having 3 solo areas in NF counters groups from killing us. First off, multiple small mans and groups will show up and kill us whenever they see spam, so there isn’t just one group. Also, when solo fights start to happen in one frontier and see the fights have moved to another frontier, they have followed to wipe everyone. You can’t just port to another zone when fights are going on, folks are watching and a FG surprised everyone. You make assumptions without actual knowing what is going on and how it’s used.

Also, dumbasses like Kroll who claim to solo and be part of the solo community spams region chat for groups to go kill soloers in solo zones whenever he (or she) sees spam.

Another thing. You are giving free RP to 8 mans who have a fair fight. It’s free RP and can be abused (which it is). Why don’t soloers get a 1v1 command with free RPs like groups do? Clearly you care a lot more about group play than solo play.

I don’t go bitching about changing the gvg command but using it to point out the bias.

AND AGAIN ILL REITERATE, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE TRIED THINGS TO HELP SOLOERS, IF ITS NOT BEING USED, IT DIDNT WORK. Instead of just washing your hands clean, why don’t you listen and try to actually solve the problem? That’s what good game developers do instead you’re hostile towards this community. Find a representative and actually listen and try things. WE ARE NOT A CHECK BOX.

SOLO LIVES MATTER...
Sat 13 Jun 2020 7:09 PM by gruenesschaf
daoklover wrote:
Sat 13 Jun 2020 6:47 PM
#1 is almost a non-issue (zerg surfing) if you’re doing this you will rarely get a kill without someone else touching your solo kill. It’s a zerg... you just target nearest and hit it. So this is a null point.

#2 you’re a programmer and can change things. Make it so dumbass small mans, 8 mans and zeros touch a solo player they get shut RP and no task credit.

Like I said, the rp increase for solos would be a minor short term gain while opening up unintended issues without any real purpose. And #2 not giving any credit would help but you still have the implementation problem: If you leave the group you are solo, some would abuse it and disband just to not give rp to that person, you'd have to stop that with some timer and this timer will lead to qq in some form or another. The thing that makes it untenable is solos that don't actually "solo", like zerg surfers, killing them would not be worth anything? So that means now you're only solo if you don't add? What happens if someone adds onto your fight without you wanting that to happen, to avoid the zerg surf case you now have to be flagged (remember, we need a timer to cover the disband case?) as non solo meaning you don't get rp for actual solo kills as you're still flagged as non solo.

daoklover wrote:
Another point; you claim having 3 solo areas in NF counters groups from killing us. First off, multiple small mans and groups will show up and kill us whenever they see spam, so there isn’t just one group. Also, when solo fights start to happen in one frontier and see the fights have moved to another frontier, they have followed to wipe everyone. You can’t just port to another zone when fights are going on, folks are watching and a FG surprised everyone. You make assumptions without actual knowing what is going on and how it’s used.

That's part of the point of those zones though, you still are very much part of the rvr, you just have places where it is likely to encounter other solos and less likely that you will be overrun compared to the typical hot spots. Only the pvp solo zone is a zone with the property that everyone in there is solo.

daoklover wrote:
Another thing. You are giving free RP to 8 mans who have a fair fight. It’s free RP and can be abused (which it is). Why don’t soloers get a 1v1 command with free RPs like groups do? Clearly you care a lot more about group play than solo play.

The gvg abuse is a minor problem, however, needing 16 people to condone the rule breaking makes it less common than just requiring 2, most of the technically wrong gvg claims are "just" questionable but mostly still observe the intent (only claim fights where adds did not decide the outcome) even if not following the rules to the letter.

And the solo bonus here is actually built in already: the personal kill solo task.

daoklover wrote:
AND AGAIN ILL REITERATE, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE TRIED THINGS TO HELP SOLOERS, IF ITS NOT BEING USED, IT DIDNT WORK. Instead of just washing your hands clean, why don’t you listen and try to actually solve the problem? That’s what good game developers do instead you’re hostile towards this community. Find a representative and actually listen and try things. WE ARE NOT A CHECK BOX.

Then make a reasonable suggestion that doesn't fall apart when you take 3 seconds to think about it. The glorious solo community so far is about as toxic as the 8v8 community but louder.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 7:20 PM by thirian24
The best thing to ever happen to the solo community was day1 pvp zone. I played there in its entirety, almost. The majority of dueling didn't start until the zone was patched the next day. Reason being is, RPs per kill were reduced, no task credit and 2 zone port. This killed off 95% of the action, therefore there were way less people to fight, find and run into. So people started converging into a small known area. Your patch created the dueling, as painful as that might be to hear, it's true.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 7:24 PM by gruenesschaf
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 13 Jun 2020 7:20 PM
The best thing to ever happen to the solo community was day1 pvp zone. I played there in its entirety, almost. The majority of dueling didn't start until the zone was patched the next day. Reason being is, RPs per kill were reduced, no task credit and 2 zone port. This killed off 95% of the action, therefore there were way less people to fight, find and run into. So people started converging into a small known area. Your patch created the dueling, as painful as that might be to hear, it's true.

The dueling started way before then. But yes, no task credit put the rp/h well below the nf rp/h for almost everyone which was later on changed. The problem with the day 1 setting was that it was way more rp/h than nf and hence made people go there just for the rp/h and not because they wanted to solo.
Sat 13 Jun 2020 7:49 PM by daoklover
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 13 Jun 2020 7:24 PM
thirian24 wrote:

The dueling started way before then. But yes, no task credit put the rp/h well below the nf rp/h for almost everyone which was later on changed. The problem with the day 1 setting was that it was way more rp/h than nf and hence made people go there just for the rp/h and not because they wanted to solo.

So redo day 1 but lower the RP/h so it’s not nerfed to hell. Literally the best thing you have done and you’re too blind to see it and build upon it. Instead we get 5 person hunger games? Give me a break. Who asked for that shit?

Also it’s funny how biased you are. You ignore things like gvg abuse but are worried about zerg surfers getting an RP boost if they HAPPEN to kill someone without others hitting them.

You make horrible assumptions like it’s fact and move on. You think inverses RP to solo will have a short term boost? Why, you don’t know that. But you shove it aside without any thought. You need some checks and balances man. Is there anyone that calls you out or are you incorruptible? Have you ever said sorry or you’re wrong about something? I would support you if you fucking listened and weren’t so condescending to your PLAYER BASE.

Can you not see how skewed you are? You are a know-it-all. So honestly if you know everything then why haven’t you found the solution yet? Or at least keep trying to find it. You claim to listen but then you disregard everything based on assumptions you make and and then you implement something that’s a random solution no one asked for except maybe the day 1 solo zone.

Again WE ARE NOT A CHECKBOX!

Hopefully you don’t get offended and listen. This is passion speaking, maybe you’ll appreciate that?
Sat 13 Jun 2020 9:50 PM by Kimahri
gruenesschaf wrote:
thirian24 wrote:

Give us stygia with
1. task participation
2. reduced RPs if necessary
3. no land of atum port
4. create an anti duel mechanic, such as if a player hasn't moved X distance in X time and isn't in combat, port them to the staging zone, or if x players are within x distance of each other, port them to the staging zone, etc.

the solo zones in the frontier don't work because of groups adding/always ends up being duels like you said, and no one asked for battle royale in daoc, so delete LMS

Or another option would be forget all of this and create a monthly/biweekly solo event that runs for a few days like green glades or w/e you did in the past

*Subnote - your disregard for 8v8 gvg abuse made me lol
Sun 14 Jun 2020 7:00 AM by joshisanonymous
daoklover wrote:
Also, dumbasses like Kroll who claim to solo and be part of the solo community spams region chat for groups to go kill soloers in solo zones whenever he (or she) sees spam.

I've done that exactly twice, and you know why? Because it's incredibly safe for those who partake, despite your claims that groups come in and run you all out. I've seen it go hours where the spam is "X killed Y in Trelle" followed a second later by "Y killed X in Trelle" because of poison. It's just a bunch of stealthers trading RPs for hours and grouping up against any actual solo players who still think this is an RvR game. That's annoying to me, but ultimately doesn't affect me, so I've only called it out twice. And by the way, the result both times was absolutely no groups going to Trelle to clear it out.

And I never claimed to be part of your "community", which as far as I can tell is just a bunch of people who after 20 years are still surprised that soloing is hard in DAoC. There are plenty of people who actually solo outside of whatever "community" you fancy yourself being part of that don't come here to complain every time their fight isn't a perfect, uninterrupted 1v1; you're just much louder than them.
Sun 14 Jun 2020 7:13 AM by thirian24
gruenesschaf wrote:
thirian24 wrote:

The dueling started way before then. Way before when? It was only open for 24hrs before the patch. Not really a good amount of time to draw a conclusion there.

But yes, no task credit put the rp/h well below the nf rp/h for almost everyone which was later on changed. Changed to LMS which was the nail in the coffin for the pvp zone.

The problem with the day 1 setting was that it was way more rp/h than nf and hence made people go there just for the rp/hand not because they wanted to solo.
I see people in NF with crazy rp/h from running in the zerg beating on keeps. So solos shuldnt expect to make good rp/h for ACTUALLY killing other players rather than zerging towers/keeps? Also, to the point highlighted in red, if they were coming to the solo zone, for whatever that reason may be.. they were in fact in the solo zone... SOLOING. So?????
Sun 14 Jun 2020 8:40 AM by Jingo NZ
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 13 Jun 2020 6:11 PM
In this 10 page thread there are pretty much exactly 2 suggestions and a couple variations to lsm, the rest is just bitching. One suggestion is the opening post and the other is bringing back the pvp zone of day 1 while ignoring (or even wanting) the duel town issue and bitching about the reduced rp that only sets it on par with running around in nf and not being the highest rp/h possible.

Don't forget this suggestion:

And also the often repeated:

Solos can also use small man zone teleporters and can port to these zones without dieing first.
Sun 14 Jun 2020 2:03 PM by Razur Ur
Jingo NZ wrote:
Sun 14 Jun 2020 8:40 AM
Solos can also use small man zone teleporters and can port to these zones without dieing first.

Solos cannot use the smallman teleporter!!!
Sun 14 Jun 2020 2:50 PM by evert
Jingo NZ wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 13 Jun 2020 6:11 PM

Don't forget this suggestion:

And also the often repeated:

These would both be nice (don't know about the insta-port - but maybe make it so that once you've died solo in alb frontier you can direct port to the alb solo/smallman) - signed a soloer who doesn't like duels and doesn't whine about being added. I don't think the solo zone can find the right balance so better off trying to help out frontier soloing, and the solo zone can be an event sometimes. It was kind of mindless fun the first day; that once a month would be cool.
Sun 14 Jun 2020 9:15 PM by Jingo NZ
And because I'm not short of suggestions, here's another alternative:

Another concurrent rotating task zone to support solo play style. In this zone you will have a reduced rate of RP if grouped.
Solo = normal RPs
2 ppl group = RPs reduced by 50%
4 ppl group = RPs reduced by 55%
5 ppl group = RPs reduced by 60%
6 ppl group = RPs reduced by 65%
7 ppl group = RPs reduced by 70%
8 ppl group = RPs reduced by 75%

Your group status is based on the largest group you were part of in the last 15 mins.
Sun 14 Jun 2020 9:41 PM by Riac
none of this solves the problem with adds.
i feel like that is the real issue. ppl that want to solo are going to do it, regardless of the rp incentive.
you already get a shit load of rps for a solo kill.
Mon 15 Jun 2020 4:09 AM by Jingo NZ
Riac wrote:
Sun 14 Jun 2020 9:41 PM
none of this solves the problem with adds.
i feel like that is the real issue. ppl that want to solo are going to do it, regardless of the rp incentive.
you already get a shit load of rps for a solo kill.

I don't think this can (or should?) be "solved". But if you are having a good 1v1 fight every 30+ mins you will be very salty if you get add. If you are having good 1v1 fights every 5-10 min you will be less salty.

So encourage the good 1v1 fights to happen more often and you will have gone a long way to boost the experience.
Tue 16 Jun 2020 2:20 PM by Catkain
Thank you for the solo-porting <3
Tue 16 Jun 2020 8:59 PM by protege
Awesome porting change @GMs.

Had a lot of fun today!
Tue 16 Jun 2020 10:11 PM by Noashakra
Yeah the change is really nice,! Kudos to the devs. Now can we hide the location of the kills? It was the "gvg, we want clean and interesting fights" meeting point for free RPs and it destroyed all the action.
Tue 16 Jun 2020 11:28 PM by protege
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 16 Jun 2020 10:11 PM
Yeah the change is really nice,! Kudos to the devs. Now can we hide the location of the kills? It was the "gvg, we want clean and interesting fights" meeting point for free RPs and it destroyed all the action.

Yeah, I'm pretty close to rolling an archer in each realm to add on the GVG groups that insist on rolling the solo zone ;D
Wed 17 Jun 2020 5:36 AM by evert
As expected it's the usual 5 people x-realming/rp-farming, but I think you are almost there given the open-world setting and the risk of groups coming by. See how it turns out I guess. The keeps are annoying because it hides the action but I can't think of a better place; maybe switch it around with the small-man zone?
Wed 17 Jun 2020 6:14 AM by Noashakra
I like the place, but the /bow fest should not be allowed imho. I don't want to take a turn to fight and I certainly don't want to duel ministrels or BD.
Wed 17 Jun 2020 9:12 AM by ddelmarle
Uthred wrote:

where can i find information how to access this?
do i have a chance with my hero to do anything ? or its full of bd/minst?
Wed 17 Jun 2020 9:14 AM by Uthred
ddelmarle wrote:
Wed 17 Jun 2020 9:12 AM
Uthred wrote:

where can i find information how to access this?
do i have a chance with my hero to do anything ? or its full of bd/minst?

PvP zone = any teleporter. Solo zones in FZ = use the solo teleporter in any relic village.
Wed 17 Jun 2020 9:17 PM by daoklover
Wow a change that is actually nice for a change. There has been some good action. Now if we can stop with the duels and just show up and fight folks like organic RvR, that would be best.
Thu 18 Jun 2020 8:33 AM by evert
I've had some good fights around the solo zones but the sitting around and /bowing is so so bad. I don't think it can be fixed as long as there is a static area, and unfortunately the 2 minute run to the solo zone was too long for people before

If devs want to do something about the duelling there needs to be movement (kind of like with task flags). Maybe some sort of caravan that moves around? A wider radius for the port in, if using the npc in relic town? A solo task that shifts often?
Thu 18 Jun 2020 9:41 AM by Saroi
evert wrote:
Thu 18 Jun 2020 8:33 AM
I've had some good fights around the solo zones but the sitting around and /bowing is so so bad. I don't think it can be fixed as long as there is a static area, and unfortunately the 2 minute run to the solo zone was too long for people before

If devs want to do something about the duelling there needs to be movement (kind of like with task flags). Maybe some sort of caravan that moves around? A wider radius for the port in, if using the npc in relic town? A solo task that shifts often?

If you want the /bow duel to stop you don't need different stuff, you need different people. History on Phoenix has shown that a lot of pvp events etc. has been turned into dueling. Doesn't matter if it was Green Glades, Lamfhota's Sound or ToA. It has been going on over a year now and it surely won't stop now. Certain people will always find ways to turn the current giving zones into /bow duels.
Thu 18 Jun 2020 10:03 AM by Noashakra
Me I just engage everyone that is full life, people complained about my behavior, but if you stay still/unstealth/afk, you had it coming haha.
it's so lame because people pick and chose when to fight, who to fight, when their RA are up, etc.
The reaver 3L had a lot of demand to duel, what a surprise...
Thu 18 Jun 2020 10:16 AM by evert
Saroi wrote:
Thu 18 Jun 2020 9:41 AM
evert wrote:

If you want the /bow duel to stop you don't need different stuff, you need different people. History on Phoenix has shown that a lot of pvp events etc. has been turned into dueling. Doesn't matter if it was Green Glades, Lamfhota's Sound or ToA. It has been going on over a year now and it surely won't stop now. Certain people will always find ways to turn the current giving zones into /bow duels.

It can be mitigated a bit I think! For example (bad example but hopefully gets the point across): instead of teleporting to the solo zone you tp to one of 5 random spots 1min run away; or you teleport to the smallman zone but there is an rp bonus for fights in the solo zone -> makes movement, allows archers/speed classes/casters to make full use of their abilities and terrain, and allows fights to develop more organically. More options for those that don't want to do the /bowing to still engage people.

Edit: just want to add that I hope the devs are monitoring the rp/h of some of the duelers compared to other playstyles, its a bit ridiculous with the insta fights.
Thu 18 Jun 2020 12:18 PM by thirian24
evert wrote:
Thu 18 Jun 2020 10:16 AM
Saroi wrote:
evert wrote:

Edit: just want to add that I hope the devs are monitoring the rp/h of some of the duelers compared to other playstyles, its a bit ridiculous with the insta fights.

Ok Karen...
Thu 18 Jun 2020 12:34 PM by evert
thirian24 wrote:
Thu 18 Jun 2020 12:18 PM
evert wrote:
Saroi wrote:

Ok Karen...

says the guy who has been crying non-stop about his precious duels since the first day of pvp zone

but of course the highest rps/hour in an mmorpg should be from sitting in one place and duelling, no problem!
Thu 18 Jun 2020 12:45 PM by thirian24
There certainly is no lack of people trying to ruin others fun. I sure hope the DEVs monitor the RP/h of the solos. God forbid they make some decent RPs.

And no, I hate duels. That's why I liked the day1 pvp zone so much. Because there was no dueling. But you already knew that, seeing as how you know every fucking thing else.
Thu 18 Jun 2020 1:06 PM by evert
let's agree to uhhh mostly agree then, just hope they do something about all the sitting around in a circle
Thu 18 Jun 2020 3:01 PM by Blitze
I admit that as a RR7 Friar, i enjoy the duelling, and it is better than getting repeatedly farmed by groups. However, i much prefer chaotic solo action with adds, 1v1v1s, 1v2s, etc. It just seems more natural for DAoC and suits more classes and RRs.

The solo zone have a lot of potential (perhaps more than the pvp ToA zones)
So what ideas do we have as a solo community to improve them?
1. Move the port-in spots to be a bit further away (doesnt have to be far like 3000 units in a circumference of the area) from the solo area so that people have to run a little way.

2. Add in mini-events (15 mins long and happen once every 2 hours). E.g.

2a. Solo Deathblow Challenge: A purp-con, or (v.high HP red) mob spawns somewhere in the area. If you're solo and land the killing blow you get 1000 rps. The mob has to have increased runspeed, increased health regen, and anti-kiting mechanics: i.e. port back to spawn spot if kited too far away. This event could also work with tens of orange con mobs with large aggro radius dotted around the zone, however, they would need to reward 50 RPish each (there could be add archer, caster, healer and tank mobs).

2b. Solo Weather Storm: A storm across all the solo area that (warns the player when they enter then) applies to players (&pets) an uncureable / unpurgeable DoT with a 20 sec tick. The DoT is only removed on death and the damage rate increases every tick (i.e 50 dmg, then 100, then 150 etc.... & after 15 ticks (5 mins) you'd take 750 damage on tick). Also you could spice it up with additional realm effects i.e. a 5 sec cold snare for Midgard DoT. Or a 1 sec Magic stun for Hib and finally, a 3 sec root for Albion?... Reward with bonus RPs on kills based on what tick you are at e.g. if you took 200 damage on the last tick you get 200 extra RPs?

2c. Solo Dominate Flag Capture: put 3-8 capture points around the solo area. When a solo (and only solo) captures it, it pops your guild flag or even a big clone of you on point... Rewards are akin to the dominate flag task.

2d. The Deathdealer: randomly spawn a Deathmark NPC that applies a buff/debuff to the first solo that clicks it, then dissapears. The buff/debuff turns you into the shades of mist shade and increases melee/spell damage dealt by 20%ish (the old relic buff) but lowers max health by ~20% and makes endurance and power consumption increase by 200%... Rewards extra RPs for kills whilst in shade form and extra RPs for killing someone whose a shade. Once the shade dies. the NPC repops randomly.

Any other ideas guys...
These solo zones do have potential
Thu 18 Jun 2020 3:03 PM by Jaxx
daoklover wrote:
Wed 17 Jun 2020 9:17 PM
Wow a change that is actually nice for a change. There has been some good action. Now if we can stop with the duels and just show up and fight folks like organic RvR, that would be best.
Im Agree, the first day i view lot of solo with instant combat and add, this is really fun, now i view lot of "elitiste duellist", if you dont duel you are insulted by 1-2 guys.
And of course this guys have a good class for 1v1 with high RR.

I hate duels too, i love RvR with risk of add and fight fight and fight

Edit : the rules is clear >
You are allowed to add. You are allowed to not add. You can choose whom you want to fight. You can choose whom you don’t want to fight.
This is not a duel or a clean fight only area.
On the other hand it is strictly forbidden to team up with other solos/groups and to run around as one group and engage enemies together.
The only problem now : solo zone alb/hib is empty (maybe i have bad luck, i retry later) and solo zone mid is camped by a group of "nerd duellist", and if you dont duel or add all focus you 3-4-5 VS 1.
@Staff : you are ok with that? Its possible to build group for only clean this group of camper who want to impose their law? ^^
Fri 19 Jun 2020 2:14 PM by joshisanonymous
evert wrote:
It can be mitigated a bit I think! For example (bad example but hopefully gets the point across): instead of teleporting to the solo zone you tp to one of 5 random spots 1min run away; or you teleport to the smallman zone but there is an rp bonus for fights in the solo zone -> makes movement, allows archers/speed classes/casters to make full use of their abilities and terrain, and allows fights to develop more organically. More options for those that don't want to do the /bowing to still engage people.

It's little more than a 1 minute run on hastener from the closest keep in Mid to the solo zone (and I assume about the same in other realms), and this was too much running for the people who proposed always available direct porting to the solo zones. I've been busy so I haven't been able to see what it's like now, but the comments are making me worried that there aren't solos outside the solo zone now. What has made soloing viable for me up to now is that people that are solo have routes that they have to travel along to get to wherever they're going, whether it be meeting up with a zerg, getting to a task zone or around a task zone, or getting to the solo zone. The traveling meant that they would be solo and there was less of a chance of others being nearby. I imagine part of the /bow thing is because this travel aspect is gone and so there's no reason for a solo to ever be anywhere but the solo zone surrounded by other soloers, so /bowing serves the same function as travel but in a less organic way. That's all assuming that it's really that bad.

thirian24 wrote: There certainly is no lack of people trying to ruin others fun. I sure hope the DEVs monitor the RP/h of the solos. God forbid they make some decent RPs.

And no, I hate duels. That's why I liked the day1 pvp zone so much. Because there was no dueling. But you already knew that, seeing as how you know every fucking thing else.

LOL! Mr "true 1v1 soloer", whose name has never failed to show up when there have been organized duels in Trelle, "hates dueling". You're the one I caught one night en route to a Trelle duel who stealthed and refused to engage me until a bunch of duelers came out of the castle to kill me and clear the path for you to go duel. "Hates dueling" he says, LOL!
Fri 19 Jun 2020 3:46 PM by evert
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020 2:14 PM
That's all assuming that it's really that bad.

It's kind of bad, there was a theurg today but so hard for him to get fights because no one knows how to do it... you can't bow because you need range, he can't jump you because that's not "fair", no one can jump him because same...

I've had ok fights in the usual places outside the solo zone, but definitely noticed it's been quieter around task flags and so on, even the ones that are right next to the solo zone in emain/hw.

Definitely need to increase the range into which people port so they can get some organic fights. People already get angry when I jump them on the way from the Trelle keep to the duelling spot though so who knows what they would think of that...
Fri 19 Jun 2020 5:45 PM by thirian24
joshisanonymous wrote:
thirian24 wrote: There certainly is no lack of people trying to ruin others fun. I sure hope the DEVs monitor the RP/h of the solos. God forbid they make some decent RPs.

LOL! Mr "true 1v1 soloer", whose name has never failed to show up when there have been organized duels in Trelle, "hates dueling". You're the one I caught one night en route to a Trelle duel who stealthed and refused to engage me until a bunch of duelers came out of the castle to kill me and clear the path for you to go duel. "Hates dueling" he says, LOL!

Maybe you shouldnt be calling FGs to come into to clear out the solo zone. sucks to suck huh?
Fri 19 Jun 2020 7:33 PM by joshisanonymous
thirian24 wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020 5:45 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:

Maybe you shouldnt be calling FGs to come into to clear out the solo zone. sucks to suck huh?

Yeah I'm sure that's the reason. And no one ever came so you were easily able to continue your safe space RP farm. Cry me a river.

And you're changing the subject, which was you claiming to "hate dueling" while being heavily involved in organized dueling and avoiding a fight outside of dueling so that you could get to your dueling.
Fri 19 Jun 2020 7:49 PM by thirian24
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020 7:33 PM
thirian24 wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020 5:45 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:

Yeah I'm sure that's the reason. And no one ever came so you were easily able to continue your safe space RP farm. Cry me a river.

And you're changing the subject, which was you claiming to "hate dueling" while being heavily involved in organized dueling and avoiding a fight outside of dueling so that you could get to your dueling.

You're confused. Just because someone hates something, doesn't mean they won't continue to do it.

I hate working, but I still do that.

I hated being zerged down 24/7 while solo, but I continued to do it.

I hated how the solo zones turned into duels, but I did it because at some point, it was the only viable way for solos to get some action without being zerged down. Unless of course you were spamming region chat to break it up. Typical Karen move. Someone is trying to have fun, let's ruin that shit.

This is why I've stated that day1 pvp zone was the best solo experience. Because it made soloing an organic experience while not being ran over by FGs.

I know you're too dense to understand all of this and put 2 and 2 together. So I've summarized it all up for you here.

I literally can't break it down any further for you. So if you still don't understand, don't bother replying.
Thu 25 Jun 2020 9:45 AM by Sepplord
Jingo NZ wrote:

make AFK-tagging great again
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics