Solo/PvP support/revive

Started 18 May 2020
by Nephamael
in Ask the Team
This is a summary of suggestions by the community to support solo/pvp play.

Suggested solutions:

Option1) Give the solos back the first zone and only activate the ports into Delta.

Option2) Keep the Last Man Standing Zone and let everyone port into it whenever they like without Que.

2a) A automatic port in every 2 Minutes of everyone qued up, as soon as more than 1 player ques up

2c) Significantly reduce the players per Que and narrow the zone further.

Option3) No prior death requirement to port to the solo zones in the frontier for solos (and maybe smallmen too, to their zone?)

This would keep the food supply of solos/smallmen up for the frontier, while option to pick the zone to port to would give them the option to dodge camped solo/smallmen zones.

Most solos also asked for a 4th solo teleporter in an open field area (EV?) cause the existing solo zones are very narrow and don't support ranged play well.

On top Hasteners for all solo zones would be great.

Mon 18 May 2020 5:16 PM by Nephamael
The RP/h for PvP zone was a crucial factor in people joining or staying away.

The conclusion was: Que or long way to walk = no reduced RPS/kill

No Que and short ways = reduced RP/kill balances the RP/h while not shutting low ranks out.

/RvR task reward has to stay so low ranks get their catch up tool

Also everyone agreed to suggest giving RR5 or lower full kill rewards and only reduce killRPs for higher ranks.
Mon 18 May 2020 5:35 PM by Nephamael
This threat was created as a summary for the DEVs and GMs, to take a look at what the discussion brought up as solutions.

If you guys want to join/read the discussion i suggest you join the threat https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=13789 "PvP Zone yes or no?"

The solo community appreciates all constructive suggestions and the great work of the Phoenix staff to give us back fun and enjoyable gameplay.
Tue 19 May 2020 5:32 PM by Nephamael
Hope we can have a statement of the DEVs what you guys plan for us, after you discussed our suggestions in the team
Mon 25 May 2020 5:39 PM by Nephamael
If you can't decide on a solution yet, please at least reimplement the old PvP zone, so we have some content to play at primetime.
Tue 26 May 2020 4:32 AM by Jeterix
I thought that the pvp zone was fun but I also didn't want to see it ruin regular RvR.

It would be really cool if they changed the 5man zone to be the same as the solo zones. 10 groups of 5 people are ported into stygia and land of atum and then the last group standing wins. And then there is just the problem of getting 50 people to sign up without ruining NF
Tue 26 May 2020 6:01 AM by inoeth
Jeterix wrote:
Tue 26 May 2020 4:32 AM
I thought that the pvp zone was fun but I also didn't want to see it ruin regular RvR.

It would be really cool if they changed the 5man zone to be the same as the solo zones. 10 groups of 5 people are ported into stygia and land of atum and then the last group standing wins. And then there is just the problem of getting 50 people to sign up without ruining NF

which is a joke because "regular rvr" ruins solo play
Wed 27 May 2020 10:58 PM by joshisanonymous
inoeth wrote:
Tue 26 May 2020 6:01 AM
Jeterix wrote:

People say this a lot, but I almost exclusively solo at all sorts of hours with a visible, no-speed class that drags along an additional visible pet. It's bizarre to me that stealthers are often the ones saying that it's impossible to solo during high pop hours, too. I actually have a harder time soloing during low pop hours because the traffic is too slow outside of Emain/Hadrian's/Odin's but there are still too many smallmans or larger in those three zones to have consistent success there.
Thu 28 May 2020 7:45 AM by inoeth
joshisanonymous wrote:
Wed 27 May 2020 10:58 PM
inoeth wrote:
Jeterix wrote:

People say this a lot, but I almost exclusively solo at all sorts of hours with a visible, no-speed class that drags along an additional visible pet. It's bizarre to me that stealthers are often the ones saying that it's impossible to solo during high pop hours, too. I actually have a harder time soloing during low pop hours because the traffic is too slow outside of Emain/Hadrian's/Odin's but there are still too many smallmans or larger in those three zones to have consistent success there.

maybe try a class that can not take on 3+ enemys at once out of the box and then come here again....
Thu 28 May 2020 3:39 PM by joshisanonymous
inoeth wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 7:45 AM
joshisanonymous wrote:
inoeth wrote:

maybe try a class that can not take on 3+ enemys at once out of the box and then come here again....

Dude, I played all of RR6 as summoning spec...

Either way, though, you're complaint is that you get run over too much to be able to solo, but you're a freakin' stealther and I'm a visible and somehow I don't get run over too much to be able to solo.
Thu 28 May 2020 6:09 PM by inoeth
joshisanonymous wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 3:39 PM
inoeth wrote:
joshisanonymous wrote:

Either way, though, you're complaint is that you get run over too much to be able to solo, but you're a freakin' stealther and I'm a visible and somehow I don't get run over too much to be able to solo.

still sm can handle 3+ enemys easy where any other solo cant... well necros also can
the fact you dont understand this disqualifies you for this discussion...
Thu 28 May 2020 6:45 PM by joshisanonymous
inoeth wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 6:09 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:
inoeth wrote:

still sm can handle 3+ enemys easy where any other solo cant... well necros also can

Way to totally disregard counter-evidence using faulty presumptions. Yeah, if you just ignore the words "summoning spec", pretend like 3+ enemies are a cakewalk for even dark spec, and forget the the whole point is whether it's possible to avoid adds or not in the first place, then I guess I'm wrong.
Fri 29 May 2020 6:33 AM by inoeth
joshisanonymous wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 6:45 PM
inoeth wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 6:09 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:

Way to totally disregard counter-evidence using faulty presumptions. Yeah, if you just ignore the words "summoning spec", pretend like 3+ enemies are a cakewalk for even dark spec, and forget the the whole point is whether it's possible to avoid adds or not in the first place, then I guess I'm wrong.

what does that change? ok you dont have a proper life drain but the pet still intercepts plus has snare, buffs and dmg shield...
not sure what you try to tell me here
Sun 31 May 2020 3:40 PM by Nephamael
I personally respect a solo sm as much as any other class, the only 2 classes unkillable for most classes are BD and Minst. But i am happy for anyone soloing out there in such bad shape as the server is currently with most of the community running around with grps of 3-6 hunting solos as their primary occupation, not even looking much for small vs small.

There is still a lot of solos out there in NF, we just can't manage to meet each other without solo support by the DEVs, just a simple fact.
Sun 31 May 2020 3:48 PM by Nephamael
I personally play visible solos mostly, but the last days have been so bad, not being able to find 1v1s for hours and hours that i think about quitting the game again.

Clockwork told me he and the DEVs would look into our case but nothing happened for weeks now...

I feel disappointed and can't help it, but feel betrayed by first implementing the PvP zone to offer us support, then hastily shutting it down after 24h without even letting NF/PvP naturally balance player numbers during 3-7 days of untouched testing, then closing the solo zone for a Last Man Standing with a 10 people Que that was doomed to die because of Que eating RP/h, while kill RPs are reduced on top and low pop times not getting 10 together, so Que would never start a game, denying the solos at those daytimes ANY SOLO CONTENT at all.

I asked so many times but now the DEVs did other useful updates, like the mounts etc, but we do so desperately need you to fix the SOLO CONTENT first!

Please just do us that favor, gives us something to play. Open the old solo PvP zone at least.
Sun 31 May 2020 4:24 PM by thirian24
Nephamael wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 3:48 PM
I personally play visible solos mostly, but the last days have been so bad, not being able to find 1v1s for hours and hours that i think about quitting the game again.

Clockwork told me he and the DEVs would look into our case but nothing happened for weeks now...

I feel disappointed and can't help it, but feel betrayed by first implementing the PvP zone to offer us support, then hastily shutting it down after 24h without even letting NF/PvP naturally balance player numbers during 3-7 days of untouched testing, then closing the solo zone for a Last Man Standing with a 10 people Que that was doomed to die because of Que eating RP/h, while kill RPs are reduced on top and low pop times not getting 10 together, so Que would never start a game, denying the solos at those daytimes ANY SOLO CONTENT at all.

I asked so many times but now the DEVs did other useful updates, like the mounts etc, but we do so desperately need you to fix the SOLO CONTENT first!

Please just do us that favor, gives us something to play. Open the old solo PvP zone at least.

Uthred wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 6:24 AM
But no worries, we will soon change something about the solo/small man zone.

I feel your pain brother.

Hang in there, might be some light at the end of the tunnel again.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 6:55 AM by Razur Ur
Nephamael wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 3:48 PM

i cannot understand why the staff not implement bonus rps in the frontier solo zone only for solo´s and all not solo´s get rp penality bonus in that zone!!
so that it is not even worth it for not solo's to kill solo's with several players in group.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 5:09 PM by Nephamael
Uthred recently announced changes for the SOLO ZONES are on the way.

This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics