Immunity Timer and Scouts

Started 19 May 2020
by Validric
in RvR
So there is no immunity timer when fighting a Scout. First the shield stunn, then the kite. Next come the snare and the follow up kite. And then, just because they can they shield stunn you again. If you outlive the third kite, you can bet your sorry ass life you will be snared. As a stealther, if you do not have a few snare poisons and garotte your way through it all, you wont stand any chance. Shadowzerkers are dead in the water without Garotte against a Scout.

Was implementing it without an immunity timer planned or is this just one of many defaults we should accept?
Tue 19 May 2020 9:55 PM by ekmek
So you have a counter but refuse to use it? You can also throw weapons or stealth if he tries to get out of your throwing range but why use tools available to you, right?
Tue 19 May 2020 10:09 PM by Quik
Just throw axes and they can't shoot right?
Tue 19 May 2020 10:46 PM by SalidorMacCulloch
Throwing weapons sure if you ever used them before, you might get lucky to throw one weapon, throwing weapons are the shortest range off all weapons. you just need to run for 3 secs and clear. I use my short bow with my hero, same thing, smart scouts will kite 5 secs then turn and pelt ya.

I agree with this statement, there 13-14 sec Root is a joke. with No immune timer any scout with a head on his shoulders will always get away. or attempt to kite you to death. if it was a basic snare like the other Melee weapons (60% 12-19 secs) it would be fine. but a root and none immune root at that it is getting old.
Tue 19 May 2020 11:05 PM by Parole
In DAOc there is no such thing as a melee snare immunity timer Lol, welcome to 2002. The fact that you complain about a problem and propose a fix by spamming another melee snare (with no immunity timer) is freaking hilarious.

Newsflash bub- vanish will remove the snare and “help” you escape any scout 100% of the time watch out for stealth lore pots if it’s me Throw weapons will disrupt, shield slam (Stun) does have an immunity timer. You have more than enough tools to either kill the scout that apparently is torturing your soul or you can escape. You assassins are just hell bent on winning a fight at all costs you don’t even know how to spell retreat. Better start using that sprint button to get away.
Tue 19 May 2020 11:24 PM by SalidorMacCulloch
Remember we not complaining about a snare. Everyone that's good knows how to attempt a side snare.

We are complaining about scouts Root. And every Root in the game besides yours will give a timed immunity.
Tue 19 May 2020 11:52 PM by Parole
I’m ok with whatever the devs decided to do, including nothing. As long as it allows the scout to walk/run and shoot the target in time before melee can rupt him. How many classes honestly have no counter this amaze balls root/snare ability?

Tanks can engage and laugh
Assassins can vanish, throw, xbow or cast(ns)
Casters or any class with casting abilities can easily rupt

Are we worried about berserkers and savages getting killed by a scout snare (haven’t tested the savage taunt yet), lol dunno if zerkers can throw weapons?

I think it inevitably comes down to lazy players who are just hell bent on a getting that kill. They’re just used to the good old days where scouts were much easier to get ahold of. Scout is not an easy 1v1 anymore. Get used to it.

My answer is try harder, lots of difficult thing to counter in daoc. I don’t think scout is reallllllly that hard to counter.

Times are a changing. Now you’ve got to figure out something new.
Wed 20 May 2020 12:44 AM by FaBx85
Zerks can throw 🍗
Wed 20 May 2020 4:03 AM by CubanXv
More salty grown man tears over 1 ability. Seriously, its still an uphill struggle for scouts. Trying to take the inch they gave us in this ability for your shadowzerk to stay in power, funny because you listed the exact scenario in where you would win.(EDIT, MAYBE NOT SHADOWZERKS, BUT REALLY 1 SPECIFIC SPEC. YOU STILL CAN THROW AXES AT ME AT SOME RANGE, IF I RUN OUT OF THAT YOU DEFINITELY HAD TIME TO RESTEALTH) You have the tools ya goon, and you even listed them, maybe a disease would help ya. What you are really asking for is a free kill because you cant be bothered to use the tools you have.

Sincerely a scout sick and tired of hearing people bitch about scouts being op in any form. Play one and let me know how op you feel when that assassin/tank dodges /blocks/parries your root for the 4th time and you are resorted to sitting or wasting everyones time and grinding out a fight with 18 weapon.
Wed 20 May 2020 7:53 AM by thirian24
Try countering 8 sneaks while solo.
Wed 20 May 2020 9:23 AM by CubanXv
This is not the topic being discussed here. It is begging to take away the only tool scouts have been given to not be straight steamrolled. Not stealth zergs. There are plenty of other threads complaining about how archers are too numerous. Put your QQ there on getting shot by 8 people.
Wed 20 May 2020 12:53 PM by Nunki
Validric wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 8:10 PM
So there is no immunity timer when fighting a Scout. First the shield stunn, then the kite. Next come the snare and the follow up kite. And then, just because they can they shield stunn you again. If you outlive the third kite, you can bet your sorry ass life you will be snared. As a stealther, if you do not have a few snare poisons and garotte your way through it all, you wont stand any chance. Shadowzerkers are dead in the water without Garotte against a Scout.

Was implementing it without an immunity timer planned or is this just one of many defaults we should accept?
While I agree that there should be limitations for the 45 shield root.

To be honest, I never died vs a Scout with a melee as long as I had Purge ready (and xbow/short bow/throwing axes/dd charge available).

Don't get Numb baited and use a dd charge item (1500 range) to rupt the Scout after the first shot and run in the opposite direction.

For sure no strategy to win the fight but if done well it is quite guaranteed to survive and I didn't even mention Vanish.
Wed 20 May 2020 1:42 PM by inoeth
Validric wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 8:10 PM

hmm im also playing shadowzerk and still managed to have 18 cs for garotte and even though it does not much dmg, its still enough for a scout ... maybe gitgut?
Wed 20 May 2020 4:39 PM by joshisanonymous
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 10:46 PM
Throwing weapons sure if you ever used them before, you might get lucky to throw one weapon, throwing weapons are the shortest range off all weapons. you just need to run for 3 secs and clear. I use my short bow with my hero, same thing, smart scouts will kite 5 secs then turn and pelt ya.

I agree with this statement, there 13-14 sec Root is a joke. with No immune timer any scout with a head on his shoulders will always get away. or attempt to kite you to death. if it was a basic snare like the other Melee weapons (60% 12-19 secs) it would be fine. but a root and none immune root at that it is getting old.

If it was a 60% snare, then there would have been no point in adding it, because all an assassin would have to do is spam garrote and the scout is just as dead as ever.

Honestly, it's amazing to see scout go in the blink of a eye from being widely viewed as a complete joke, especially solo, to being considered so OP that it warrants complaint thread after complaint thread.

Maybe we can be more constructive here. First of all, I'm sure the change was meant to make the scout competitive, not free RPs but not overpowered. If we assume that this ability actually does make them overpowered (I'm not convinced, but fine), then we'd have to suggest changes that don't turn them back into free RPs. As already mentioned, making the shield style a 60% snare would certainly make them free RPs again, so that's a no-go. Adding an immunity to the shield root would not make them guaranteed to be free RPs, but would be a pretty excessive nerf to a root that only lasts 13-14 seconds and which can be countered to varying degrees of success by any ranged attack (most melee have some kind of bow or thrown weapon, but also literally everyone can have a DD charge).

So maybe an in between suggestion would be to add immunity but make the root last a full 1:13 like any caster root. This would allow the scout to get more distance, allowing them to potentially get more shots in or maybe use it as time to heal up a bit. They could even use it to wait out the stun immunity from their shield stun. It's still countered in roughly the same ways as the current shield root, but only has to be countered once, and in light of this nerf, is made more powerful in a different way.

I'm guessing there would still be complaints if the shield style was changed in this way, but if we're really going to assume that scouts are now OP, then this would be a much more reasonable change that simply nerfing them back into being a complete joke.
Wed 20 May 2020 5:52 PM by Saroi
I am still surprised that Sins complain about Scouts. Scouts have a very big weakness and as a Sin you have atleast 2 tools to abuse that weakness a lot. But I haven't seen anybody use it which is just funny to me.
Wed 20 May 2020 5:55 PM by Saroi
Parole wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 11:05 PM
In DAOc there is no such thing as a melee snare immunity timer Lol, welcome to 2002. The fact that you complain about a problem and propose a fix by spamming another melee snare (with no immunity timer) is freaking hilarious.

Well the 45 Shield style is not a snare, it is a root. On live since 2008 Rangers have a similar style. Front attack which roots the target for a short amount of time and it has immunity timer.
Thu 21 May 2020 3:35 AM by Frostburn
This needs an immunity timer, garbage idea.
Thu 21 May 2020 6:08 AM by Lollie
Saroi wrote:
Wed 20 May 2020 5:52 PM
I am still surprised that Sins complain about Scouts. Scouts have a very big weakness and as a Sin you have atleast 2 tools to abuse that weakness a lot. But I haven't seen anybody use it which is just funny to me.

That's because it requires people to use their brain
Thu 21 May 2020 1:52 PM by Lefreak
Always funny to read stealths zerger defending their free rps tactical loll The real joke is there.... Now plz, for the 3 realms, give the same sneak/melee options and we will see the good players. ATM phoenix have multiplied zerg way whit scout tools, cause yes now, we have to zerg their stealths zerg to win.

Tytyty
Thu 21 May 2020 6:24 PM by Noashakra
This style is not a solution for scouts to be efficient in solo, but is a huge avantage for the zergers.
We need to find new ways to boost the scout
Thu 21 May 2020 7:55 PM by protege
Now that archery damage has been increased, there is no reason for this style to exist anymore, imo.

The style is stupid OP solo and in stealth groups.
Fri 22 May 2020 9:23 PM by Tyrlaan
protege wrote:
Thu 21 May 2020 7:55 PM
Now that archery damage has been increased, there is no reason for this style to exist anymore, imo.

Actually there´s more reason than ever with better archery. Rangers and Hunters can both go melee or archery, and they get buffs etc. to augment any of it.

Scouts always only had (previously underwhelming) archery to go for them as there was no hope to ever fix the design flaw that is shield and mediocre 1h damage vs. a world of dual wielders at short (stealth) range. Without buffs unless introducing new archery which is kinda stupid because it would´ve been a weapon line with spells in it. So Scouts better had something in the line that sets them apart from the other archers to go along with their only viable spec choice - archery - at least. They got it, and your whining shows: it actually does what it´s supposed to do. You too might want to learn to use the various snares a SB has at its disposal.
Sat 23 May 2020 12:43 AM by protege
Tyrlaan wrote:
Fri 22 May 2020 9:23 PM
protege wrote:
Thu 21 May 2020 7:55 PM

Actually there´s more reason than ever with better archery. Rangers and Hunters can both go melee or archery, and they get buffs etc. to augment any of it.

Scouts always only had (previously underwhelming) archery to go for them as there was no hope to ever fix the design flaw that is shield and mediocre 1h damage vs. a world of dual wielders at short (stealth) range. Without buffs unless introducing new archery which is kinda stupid because it would´ve been a weapon line with spells in it. So Scouts better had something in the line that sets them apart from the other archers to go along with their only viable spec choice - archery - at least. They got it, and your whining shows: it actually does what it´s supposed to do. You too might want to learn to use the various snares a SB has at its disposal.

Oh, thank you for the tip! I never knew assassins had snares.
Sat 23 May 2020 9:29 AM by Messerjockel
I did not experience the style until today but it is correct, too overpowered and needs to be adjusted with timer or taken away completely.
Yeah, sure, snare without immunity. Who had that idea?

BR
Messerjockel.
Sat 23 May 2020 4:11 PM by Quik
So basically the msg is "Scout can kill me so nerf them plz"

Damn well let me make a list of things that I don't like because my class doesn't have it...

Before archery I never even noticed them in RvR.

After first buff, which was the biggest, I noticed but still rarely died unless I was just playing a 35-50 low RR and just turning in snow for RvR tick, in which case they killed me 99% of the time. My healer in small mans or my zerker had very few issues but I still run into rangers 50x times more often.

Now they are nerfed back to pointless and people still want to complain that scouts have exactly 1 chance at killing you?!?!

And I have zero archers on my account. Well maybe a 22 ranger from 2 years ago if memory serves, but not hunter and certainly no scout.
Sat 23 May 2020 4:20 PM by gotwqqd
Apparently the reduction after the buff was maybe no warranted/necessary as rangers damage(what everyone was complaining about) was so high because of relics.

What is increase per relic on Phoenix?
Sat 23 May 2020 8:11 PM by Pao
Scout are super balanced. If you lose it's because you play bad. There are many ways to interrupt and close the gap.
If there wouldn't be this style they would lose almost all 1vs1.
I fight a lot against scouts and they still super easy rps. Don't know why anyone would complain they are too strong 1vs1.
Sat 23 May 2020 8:25 PM by SalidorMacCulloch
when 1v1 with a good scout its almost impossible for me to kill one. Get slamed, Purge then Rooted. the moment i close in they can repeat the root. in one fight i was rooted 4 times and slamed 2. ---> I <------ Ended having to kite the scout until i was safe. Why in the hell should a RR8 tank Kite away from a RR3 scout? its to the point where im kiting everything i see now.

or better yet, 5v1 and the scouts would come in to snare so you cant kite away, then if you try to snare back and they blocked your dead with there root.

Question: if you know you will only get Zerged down, or forever kited why should I bother coming out? I Solo 90% of the time. and after a month of this crap i've stoped playing.

********IM NOT SAYING GET RID OF THE ROOT!!********* but it does need a Minimal of a 1min immune timer Or like the RR5 Abilitys a 10min reuse timer on it.

All stealth classes can pick there targets, but why do we give them so many toys to get away?
Sat 23 May 2020 10:07 PM by protege
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:
Sat 23 May 2020 8:25 PM
when 1v1 with a good scout its almost impossible for me to kill one. Get slamed, Purge then Rooted. the moment i close in they can repeat the root. in one fight i was rooted 4 times and slamed 2. ---> I <------ Ended having to kite the scout until i was safe. Why in the hell should a RR8 tank Kite away from a RR3 scout? its to the point where im kiting everything i see now.

or better yet, 5v1 and the scouts would come in to snare so you cant kite away, then if you try to snare back and they blocked your dead with there root.

Question: if you know you will only get Zerged down, or forever kited why should I bother coming out? I Solo 90% of the time. and after a month of this crap i've stoped playing.

********IM NOT SAYING GET RID OF THE ROOT!!********* but it does need a Minimal of a 1min immune timer Or like the RR5 Abilitys a 10min reuse timer on it.

All stealth classes can pick there targets, but why do we give them so many toys to get away?

Agreed.

Shouldn't be able to spam it... Or the more you use it, the less effective it should become... ie, full duration for the first root, the next one is 3-5 seconds less effective and so on.
Sun 24 May 2020 11:54 AM by Messerjockel
Removing it is too hard but 1 minute immunity should be applied as previous thread suggested.

BR
Messerjockel
Sun 24 May 2020 12:04 PM by stewbeedoo
Yes a 1 minute RUT or immunity and I have no problem with the root.
Mon 25 May 2020 12:18 PM by Messerjockel
GMs,

How long do you want to wait until you are adding the immunity timer.
It causes a lot of grief as it is right now

BR
Messerjockel
Mon 25 May 2020 12:28 PM by gotwqqd
Messerjockel wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 12:18 PM
GMs,

How long do you want to wait until you are adding the immunity timer.
It causes a lot of grief as it is right now

BR
Messerjockel
How about this
Add the immunity timer but give all shield styles +10 to hit anytime +15 to hit reactionary/positionals
Mon 25 May 2020 1:29 PM by Messerjockel
I think immunity timer is the best.
It is important to understand that the grief is not about the style that it roots but that it has no immunity timer and you can be rooted forever.

BR
Messerjockel.
Mon 25 May 2020 1:51 PM by Parole
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:

You have a bow to rupt and engage to block arrows. Sorry but if you really die to a Solo scout you need to change play style. Did you ever slam scout? He has same Reslam timer as you. Maybe take lessons from Pollinator (Great hero btw).

I’m ok with whatever the devs decided to do, including nothing. As long as it allows the scout to walk/run and shoot the target in time before melee can rupt him. How many classes honestly have no counter this amaze balls root/snare ability?

Are we worried about berserkers and savages getting killed by a scout snare (haven’t tested the savage taunt yet), lol dunno if zerkers can throw weapons?

I think it inevitably comes down to lazy players who are just hell bent on a getting that kill. They’re just used to the good old days where scouts were much easier to get ahold of. Scout is not an easy 1v1 anymore. Get used to it.

My answer is try harder, lots of difficult thing to counter in daoc. I don’t think scout is reallllllly that hard to counter.

Mon 25 May 2020 2:04 PM by Lollie
Parole wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 1:51 PM
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:

You have a bow to rupt and engage to block arrows. Sorry but if you really die to a Solo scout you need to change play style. Did you ever slam scout? He has same Reslam timer as you. Maybe take lessons from Pollinator (Great hero btw).

Pretty much this!
Mon 25 May 2020 4:36 PM by SalidorMacCulloch
You know I was typing out my spec all the f,ing toys I have, and all the experience that I know during the close to 20yrs I've played. It's better to stop arguing when no one is willing to find a middle ground. I'll just stop soloing/playing what I enjoy. I'm not the best player, but I know what I'm doing.
Mon 25 May 2020 5:23 PM by Messerjockel
Hi Parole,

I don’t think I am a lazy player and I have 20 years daoc experience too.
I can identify when something is off.
Anyway, I will stop solo play as well which I liked a lot.

Good job in defending your point.

BR
Messerjockel
Thu 28 May 2020 7:39 PM by Noashakra
The problem with this snare it's that it just make the scout harder to kill, while not helping the scout to win fights.
This is why is not a good idea in the end. There must be better ways to up the scout.
Fri 29 May 2020 6:16 AM by joshisanonymous
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 4:36 PM
You know I was typing out my spec all the f,ing toys I have, and all the experience that I know during the close to 20yrs I've played. It's better to stop arguing when no one is willing to find a middle ground. I'll just stop soloing/playing what I enjoy. I'm not the best player, but I know what I'm doing.

No offense, but maybe you don't know what you're doing? You said your RR8 tank couldn't just kill that RR3 scout, so I guess you mean your warrior? You have thrown weapons to interrupt and a shield with engage to negate basically all of the scout's bow damage. If that's not enough, move the fight to a bridge or some place where LoS can be easily broken to force the scout to either run away or engage in direct melee. Also, make sure to use heal pots early and regularly; the more often the timer resets, the more HP they need to get through.

I don't mean to sound pedantic; it's just hard for me to see how a warrior would ever lose to a scout. A stalemate where the scout simply runs away in the end, sure, that sounds very hard to avoid, and would certainly be annoying, but losing? I just don't see it.
Fri 29 May 2020 12:10 PM by ekmek
If you have a purge up and losing to a scout in 1v1 you should consider deleting your character.
Fri 29 May 2020 12:38 PM by Razur Ur
ekmek wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 12:10 PM
If you have a purge up and losing to a scout in 1v1 you should consider deleting your character.

Only a champion can handle a scout ;-D because of insta snare and debuffs :-D. i lost no time a 1vs1 vs a scout :-D.

Oops i forget Skald ^^.
Fri 29 May 2020 1:07 PM by Lollie
Thanes and VW should destroy them as well
Fri 29 May 2020 1:24 PM by Razur Ur
Lollie wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 1:07 PM

you have right the valewalker have good chance vs scout but a thane have not so easy because of missing insta snare so can a scout critshot -> run ->stealth and
again critshot > run > stealth and again ;-). only chars with insta snare have a good chance vs a scout.
Fri 29 May 2020 1:27 PM by Lollie
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 1:24 PM
Lollie wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 1:07 PM

you have right the valewalker have good chance vs scout but a thane have not so easy because of missing insta snare so can a scout critshot -> run ->stealth and
again critshot > run > stealth and again ;-). only chars with insta snare have a good chance vs a scout.

To be honest if any player is stupid enough to be kited in that fashion they've deserve to die, but i was talking more about the whole "slam/root" debate.
Fri 29 May 2020 1:33 PM by Razur Ur
i would with scout never start a battle in melee range vs champion, valewalker, thane or skald :-D.

but that shild snare is rly strong and annoying for every melee fighter.
Fri 29 May 2020 2:34 PM by ekmek
Can't tell if you are joking but its impossible to lose to a scout when you have purge up. Literally every class has access to a ranged interrupt, which renders scout completely useless. If he runs out of your interrupt range just run the other way and escape. Worst case scenario he roots and runs away. Hell you can just switch your armor and use a reactive dd and its over for scout.
Fri 29 May 2020 2:46 PM by Razur Ur
ekmek wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 2:34 PM
Can't tell if you are joking but its impossible to lose to a scout when you have purge up. Literally every class has access to a ranged interrupt, which renders scout completely useless. If he runs out of your interrupt range just run the other way and escape. Worst case scenario he roots and runs away. Hell you can just switch your armor and use a reactive dd and its over for scout.

sure bro every player have second sc only for scouts XD. the fact ist a well played scout can beat every melee class without range insta snare! only with hit and run
gameplay. that trying many scouts on me but i catch the most scouts only because of my insta snare with my champ! a bm/zerker/savage/warrior have not rly fun vs a scout.
Fri 29 May 2020 2:48 PM by ekmek
You don't need a mp set, you can just swap chest. And every class has access to dd charges, you are terrible at this game and should not have any opinions regarding class balance.
Fri 29 May 2020 3:37 PM by Razur Ur
ekmek wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 2:48 PM
You don't need a mp set, you can just swap chest. And every class has access to dd charges, you are terrible at this game and should not have any opinions regarding class balance.

sorry that dd charges is not rly the solution XD and have a reusing timer! tell me plz how can a zerker, bm or savage kill a scout which running away after one or two shoots? i guess you are only bad scout player because other i can your oponion not explain :-/.
Fri 29 May 2020 4:46 PM by ekmek
I didn't say they can kill him, I said its impossible to lose. savage has a ranged interrupt and all classes have access to dd procs and charges. You can also break los, use IP/healpot/legion and literally just walk away from scout. As a BM you can also just engage and use /rofl at cooldown. Dude there are too many ways to avoid getting killed I am sad for you.
Fri 29 May 2020 8:56 PM by Razur Ur
ekmek wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 4:46 PM
I didn't say they can kill him, I said its impossible to lose. savage has a ranged interrupt and all classes have access to dd procs and charges. You can also break los, use IP/healpot/legion and literally just walk away from scout. As a BM you can also just engage and use /rofl at cooldown. Dude there are too many ways to avoid getting killed I am sad for you.

you rly sure that agro shout from savage interrupt? because that is me new ^^.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 12:48 AM by Tyrlaan
Yes all taunts interrupt. Welcome to DAoC. Why didn´t you answer the rest of it?

Before the snare style, melee would do just what they do now: insta rupt or shield/engage to negate most damage, run into melee. Once a Scout was in melee, he was dead. Casters would just QC Nearsight (Eld, RM) or have their pets (all the other casters minus Animists) en route to the Scout. Once a Scout had a pet on him (some with stun procs, some with snares), he was dead. Assassins would just do what they always do. There was no reason to play a Scout. A Scout was basically scissor in a world without paper. And we all know how valuable paper is in this world.

Now the scout at least has a chance to play to their only strength: range. They have a reliable way to get it vs. tanks and pets (not so much vs. assassins) where they only had a purgeable 10sec stun with immunity before.

I can see why people don´t like it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics