Just hit 50 with my first toon, what next?

Started 27 Apr 2020
by giraffes
in Midgard
I've just hit 50 with my Warrior after starting on the server recently. My awesome guild helped me get my SI neck, but otherwise I'm in 50 or 51 rogs that I've collected while leveling. What's my next step? Am I geared enough to start doing DS or should I level my alt thane(33) or shaman(21)?

Epic armor quest worth it until I can farm enough 60-80 rogs and money to commission a suit? Got 5.5p currently. What groups would I look for?
Mon 27 Apr 2020 11:05 AM by Crash Tan
I would get some feather items. I dont have a warrior but I think you need 2-3 if you want best in slot. I would ask in /advice. If you have to buy the feather items, they will be 5-6p each.

You need 50+ ROGs in jewelry so look at buying those too. Should be 500g-1p each plus you will need to buy crafted armor pieces for the non feather items.

So basically you need lots more money if you want max temp to do DS or not be at a disadvantage in rvr.

Ask your guild to help with temp programs etc as it is not hard but can be confusing doing for first time.
Mon 27 Apr 2020 11:30 AM by tonosutono84
for my war I found a must-to-have the gurlach o gutlach large shield which has 3.0 speed.
this item can be bought with feathers. I believe dragon enc.
Mon 27 Apr 2020 1:32 PM by Kampfar
Welcome and gratz to 50
Warrior temp should be doable w 50 util rogs
Mon 27 Apr 2020 3:35 PM by Cadebrennus
Melee you can get a good start with the following 4 items:

SI necklace (which you have)
x2 dragon rings (the ones with the ablative)
Frontier giant cloak

After that you only need to farm for 4 ROGs
Mon 27 Apr 2020 5:09 PM by darkstar00
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 3:35 PM
Melee you can get a good start with the following 4 items:

SI necklace (which you have)
x2 dragon rings (the ones with the ablative)
Frontier giant cloak

After that you only need to farm for 4 ROGs

I got these on my newly minted warrior... will run you 65k feathers with the Guthlic shield as well.

Warrior is a great class, very versatile and you will be wanted for farm groups, DS runs, and rvr.

My suggestion would be to start getting into DS runs... doing 4-5 runs would get you the desired feather count then just fill in with ROGs for the rest of your temp.
Tue 28 Apr 2020 1:38 AM by giraffes
Lots of good info here, perfect jumping off point! Thanks all!
Tue 28 Apr 2020 5:35 AM by giraffes
So is the epic armor quest worth doing? And where would I start it? Because tbh I love the epic armor and want to have it and I'll probably do it regardless
Wed 29 Apr 2020 4:58 PM by Spiegal
What do high end mob do you need to kill to be able to get all the gear unlocked?

- Dragon
- Tg Raid boss
- Legion in DF
- ??
- ??

Just got my 1st 50 also, and don't do much RVR because I went a descent template first.
Wed 29 Apr 2020 5:19 PM by ColdHands
In reality, if you can get into DS/HOH groups you won't need credit for anything, just sell your feathers at market price and buy the items you need from people who have credit.
Wed 29 Apr 2020 5:44 PM by Cadebrennus
Spiegal wrote:
Wed 29 Apr 2020 4:58 PM
What do high end mob do you need to kill to be able to get all the gear unlocked?

- Dragon
- Tg Raid boss
- Legion in DF
- ??
- ??

Just got my 1st 50 also, and don't do much RVR because I went a descent template first.

You can still run in the zerg for a bit with a shit temp and do just fine to get the feel for RvR. Just don't develop bad habits in the zerg that will come back to bite you in the ass when you're running in an 8man or smaller group.
Thu 30 Apr 2020 8:20 AM by inoeth
imo only must have items are tg chest and dragon shadow 1h hammer.
large shield is not needed in rvr and you want to switch between 1h and 2h without any loss, thats way easier with a crafted shield and 2h.
imo the suggested glacier giant cloak is hard to get since nobody wants to kill this guy, maybe you are lucky and find someone with the encounter but imo just look for fitting ROGs in the hz, they are cheap mostly and you will have to look for some anyway
safe some feathers and lvl an alchemist with it, you will need alot pots in rvr later, better be your own supplier
Thu 28 May 2020 6:49 PM by Hife
inoeth wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020 8:20 AM
large shield is not needed in rvr and you want to switch between 1h and 2h without any loss, thats way easier with a crafted shield and 2h.
imo the suggested glacier giant cloak is hard to get since nobody wants to kill this guy, maybe you are lucky and find someone with the encounter but imo just look for fitting ROGs in the hz, they are cheap mostly and you will have to look for some anyway
safe some feathers and lvl an alchemist with it, you will need alot pots in rvr later, better be your own supplier

Why is dragon shadow 1h hammer a must? Just curious 😊
Fri 29 May 2020 6:07 AM by inoeth
Hife wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 6:49 PM
inoeth wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020 8:20 AM

Why is dragon shadow 1h hammer a must? Just curious 😊

dq debuff, really good vs all sorts of casters and also reduces the swing speed of melees, combine it with attack speed reduce style and your enemy ends up as a lame duck. really op
Fri 29 May 2020 11:14 AM by MacPrior
I ll focus on DS Runs, TG Raids and RvR with a zerg inbetween. There you ll collect your Feathers you ll need for Template.
I ll plan for Template :
TG West
2 Rings with ablative - or at least 1 of them
Heart of Legion (Juwel) - good stats and instant self Heal.
SI Necklace
Both Weapon or at least 1 of them - procs are good on them and they proc often
So, you will need as ROGs 2 bracers, a Cloak, a Waist, witch you could win on TG Raids or get drooped in DS runs or buy at the Market.

Depend on Stats of ROGs I ll take a look on Arms or Legs from Legion too.

Shield, Boots, Hands I ll buy as Masterpeaces - they are not very expensive and put on at least 1 of them a DD Charge for some range ability to rupt. Hands and Boots are perfect for this, they wil be hited only in 5% cases.
Rest of Armor could be 99er quali.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics