@Beiji

Started 29 May 2020
by joshisanonymous
in RvR
Fun fight that last one. Really caught me off guard with juggernaut. 664 melee dmg, ouch!
Sun 31 May 2020 2:34 PM by kanshi
Thanks for letting me win once! All this time I never knew SMs had a stun pet!
Tue 2 Jun 2020 7:04 AM by Razur Ur
kanshi wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 2:34 PM

that is the reason for op pet sm ;-), that can stun and intercepting, perfect for a cast lt class and I am glad that most sm noobs of her stunted pet run away instead of just
standing still ^_^.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 12:19 PM by joshisanonymous
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 7:04 AM
kanshi wrote:
Sun 31 May 2020 2:34 PM

that is the reason for op pet sm ;-), that can stun and intercepting, perfect for a cast lt class and I am glad that most sm noobs of her stunted pet run away instead of just
standing still ^_^.

I've found the advice of standing still and winning through intercepts to be pretty bad advice. If possible, it's better to kite like any other caster. Otherwise, either you waste power recasting your pet when fighting high damage enemies (or you simply die because you ran out of power after two pet recasts) or you put yourself in a bad position if any adds show up. The only time it's worth it is if it's a low damage opponent that you think might try to run away or if it's a minstrel.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 1:21 PM by Razur Ur
joshisanonymous wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 12:19 PM
I've found the advice of standing still and winning through intercepts to be pretty bad advice. If possible, it's better to kite like any other caster. Otherwise, either you waste power recasting your pet when fighting high damage enemies (or you simply die because you ran out of power after two pet recasts) or you put yourself in a bad position if any adds show up. The only time it's worth it is if it's a low damage opponent that you think might try to run away or if it's a minstrel.

I can only tell my experience with champ vs sm and my highest win chance is he trying to run away. i slam the pet and sm is out of range from intercept pet and died.
if the sm still by the intercept pet he can easy moc and win vs 2 or 3 tanks! with bomb or lt. this intercept is rly strong and the pet get not rly much dmg what a
joke is. normal must this pet dying after 4 or 5 intercepting dmg! not after 8 or 9 hits.

the better sm player can use quick cast mezz and try to run away for better position and i would spec concentration1 for second quick cast root or recast pet ;-D.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 12:01 PM by Noashakra
intercept is broken on SM, it's almost like a mini moc 100%...
Wed 3 Jun 2020 12:01 PM by Noashakra
intercept is broken on SM, it's almost like a mini moc 100%... if you don't stun the pet and you have no wait to rupt the target you are dead.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:33 PM by joshisanonymous
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 12:01 PM
intercept is broken on SM, it's almost like a mini moc 100%... if you don't stun the pet and you have no wait to rupt the target you are dead.

It's very strong against many melee classes, but that doesn't mean it's broken. Melees who can frontload damage burn through the pet very quickly; if you just stand there and try to cast through it, you might win, but you have a good chance of running out of power before that happens because you'll probably have to recast the pet twice by the time it's all over. For duel wielding enemies, you're not just competing against their high damage, but also the fact that the pet will have to intercept both hands on any given attack to allow for casting through melee attacks. This is admittedly not as much of a problem against rangers since they don't often have the sort of high melee damage and consistent offhand swings that assassins get.

In truth, I'm not sure how a ranger would beat a dark SM in a 1v1 situation unless the SM was played poorly. Likewise, friars, wardens, or any other lower damage melee class that lacks non-melee interrupts would be hard pressed to win such a fight. However, other melees have a shot. Assassins with high swing speed can be particularly challenging.

Don't get me wrong, SM is a very strong solo class, especially against solo melees, but I'm not sure I'd call pet intercepts broken.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics