Shard Skin Barrels! Pretty Please!

Started 9 Feb 2020
by Taniquetil
in Suggestions
PSA! Please do this. Every soloer will thank you.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 8:01 AM by BashPi
+1
that would be awesome!
Sun 10 May 2020 9:19 PM by Kimahri
Bump
Tue 19 May 2020 12:15 PM by Kimahri
Why is this not a thing already
Tue 19 May 2020 12:44 PM by Nunki
+1

Or even one step further, Shard Skin + Dmg Add (both) in one Barrel.
Wed 20 May 2020 2:01 AM by Akhilio
+1. 13 weapons, 5 poisons, two catapults, two types of heal pot, two buff pots, legion heal, two ablative charge items, set stacks for currency drops (branch/soil/snow/tears of the people i kill/feathers/et al) bind stone, hell you get the picture.
Wed 20 May 2020 10:55 AM by Qaewin
And make them stackable for 20 mins please!
Wed 27 May 2020 8:38 PM by Kadal
would love to see this too
Thu 28 May 2020 4:14 PM by Quik
Plz leave pots as they are. Lets not seperate the casual from the elitist players even more...

Or better yet, remove all pots and put everyone on equal footing and stop watering down the classes
Thu 28 May 2020 4:44 PM by Riac
Quik wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 4:14 PM
Plz leave pots as they are. Lets not seperate the casual from the elitist players even more...

Or better yet, remove all pots and put everyone on equal footing and stop watering down the classes

I fail to see how turning these pots into a barrel caters to the elitists. Carrying around a shitload of pots instead of one barrel seems far more tedious for the casual player.
As far as removing all buffs, that seems like an outstanding way to dispose of what remains of the solo and small man scene.
Anymore grade-A ideas? Lol
Thu 28 May 2020 6:58 PM by Quik
Riac wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 4:44 PM
Quik wrote:

I fail to see how turning these pots into a barrel caters to the elitists. Carrying around a shitload of pots instead of one barrel seems far more tedious for the casual player.
As far as removing all buffs, that seems like an outstanding way to dispose of what remains of the solo and small man scene.

LOL

Every single time something is added, someone wants more. The minute you add the changes to pots as asked for in this thread the same people will be asking for more again tomorrow.

Potions don't last long enough? Ok they double up duration and what happens? People start whining that 20 min isn't long enough.

Potions are too hard to carry around? They start adding barrels and now people want shard skin barrels and as soon as it happens you will want 1 potion that combines all potions for an hour.

Sorry but this is a hard no.

And yes, buff potions are just watering down the classes and ruining what makes some classes special.

You might hate my grade-A ideas, but if you get your way this server will like Uthgard in no time!
Thu 28 May 2020 9:12 PM by Kadal
what the fuck is going on with people in this forum
Fri 29 May 2020 5:45 AM by gotwqqd
Quik wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 6:58 PM
Riac wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 4:44 PM
Quik wrote:

LOL

Every single time something is added, someone wants more. The minute you add the changes to pots as asked for in this thread the same people will be asking for more again tomorrow.

Potions don't last long enough? Ok they double up duration and what happens? People start whining that 20 min isn't long enough.

Potions are too hard to carry around? They start adding barrels and now people want shard skin barrels and as soon as it happens you will want 1 potion that combines all potions for an hour.

Sorry but this is a hard no.

And yes, buff potions are just watering down the classes and ruining what makes some classes special.

You might hate my grade-A ideas, but if you get your way this server will like Uthgard in no time!
Quadruple the cost of the combined pots
Make the buffs permanent until killed
Fri 29 May 2020 6:04 AM by Noashakra
How making shard skin barrels is going to make the gap wider with casuals????
It's just a QoL, they already exist. It's just that instead of carrying 10 at at all time, I will have one barrel, I will not have to craft them one by one and transfering them to my vault will be easier. Why do you bother to post if it's to write stupid stuff like this.
Fri 29 May 2020 6:21 AM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 5:45 AM
Quadruple the cost of the combined pots
Make the buffs permanent until killed

So, you want to shift the cost to RvR away from the elite and onto the shoulders of the casual noob?
Fri 29 May 2020 9:26 AM by dearen75
Or add shard skin to combined forces .. if u don't want to have dmg shield u can cancel it ..
and make comb forces available without timer out of combat like comb reg
Fri 29 May 2020 11:04 AM by inoeth
the funny thing "It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!" does only apply to himself AGAIN
Fri 29 May 2020 11:13 AM by Sepplord
inoeth wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 11:04 AM
the funny thing "It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!" does only apply to himself AGAIN

It's actually not hypocritical though, unless he is advocating for lots of changes elsewhere.
It seems his stance to be against a change, because in his eyes a change benefits some at the cost of others. Instead of making changes that benefit one playstyle and hurt another, he wants to keep the status quo where everyone can play like they want.

What is up for debate is if the status quo is not already favoring certain playstyles and which changes benefit the unfavorable playstyles and cost the playstyles that have it easy.
Fri 29 May 2020 11:33 AM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 11:13 AM
inoeth wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 11:04 AM

It's actually not hypocritical though, unless he is advocating for lots of changes elsewhere.
It seems his stance to be against a change, because in his eyes a change benefits some at the cost of others. Instead of making changes that benefit one playstyle and hurt another, he wants to keep the status quo where everyone can play like they want.

What is up for debate is if the status quo is not already favoring certain playstyles and which changes benefit the unfavorable playstyles and cost the playstyles that have it easy.

well in fact there are some thing that favor a minority and make it less enjoyable for the majority, therefore many of the custom changes we can see on phoenix were applied. yet he is the one constantly arguing that nothing should be changed. and if you ask me it is because he is one of the "selected few". especially when it comes to solo game play, he is always against qol or other changes that would make this paly style more enjoyable. which is the opposite of what he claims in his sig

some OT: everything is available in barrels why not also shard skin? this would have no effect on any balancing, but would just be less time consuming. so thumbs up for this qol change
Fri 29 May 2020 2:23 PM by Riac
He's straw manning at the least. He claims making shard skins into a barrel somehow caters to the elite (lol). when asked to explain how, he doesn't explain at all and rants about a slippery slope.
I'm pretty warm to the slippery slope idea in a lot of cases ,but this is dumb as hell. Being able to make a barrel of dmg shield is purely qol. The 10 use potion will still exist.
Isn't he a ranger player? I could be wrong, but it would sure as hell explain his dumb stance on buffs lol.
Fri 29 May 2020 4:51 PM by Quik
Riac wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 2:23 PM
He's straw manning at the least. He claims making shard skins into a barrel somehow caters to the elite (lol). when asked to explain how, he doesn't explain at all and rants about a slippery slope.
I'm pretty warm to the slippery slope idea in a lot of cases ,but this is dumb as hell. Being able to make a barrel of dmg shield is purely qol. The 10 use potion will still exist.
Isn't he a ranger player? I could be wrong, but it would sure as hell explain his dumb stance on buffs lol.

Because the changes NEVER END.

I have no issues with quality of life, but I have argued against everything that dilutes the classes.

Slippery slope means that once you start down a path it starts picking up speed...lets look at that...

People got buff pots and barrels on certain buffs, and immediately they wanted more. We got combined force pots/barrels and AGAIN they complain, this time it isn't long enough. They let you double up the duration and AGAIN people complain it still isn't long enough and on top of that now you want even more buffs put into barrels. That is literally the definition of slippery slope because it is never ending and for every buff they give the players want more and more and more. Every time.

Now look at horses. Some people wanted horses and they finally add them and what is the first thing people do? They complain horses aren't good enough and are already demanding they lift the restrictions they put on horses. So far the dev's have said they don't plan on doing that, but of course they also swore they would never had horses in the first place. This is the start of a slippery slope.

Soloers wanted a place they could go and solo in safety and they finally got the pvp zone. How did that go? Well some classes were mad that other classes were better at soloing and cried that they were too powerful and wanted restrictions on WHAT soloing classes could enter or how long they could stay?!?!

And as for why I don't want buff pots? They dilute the classes. Just let everyone have a freakin buffbot at this point because that is all this is. Remove all pots and let what makes each class special stand out. Yeah, I know it will not happen. I understand soloers love them and help them be much more powerful, but at the expense of what makes some classes special. I know pots won't ever leave, but I am certainly hoping they do not make them even more of a luxury.

Right now if a casual player wants to go out and even REMOTELY compete, they need to spend most, if not all of their plat on a temp, then on top of that they need to manage all the pots and they NEED them or they will get destroyed. The casual can't just be casual and do much unless they join the zerg.

Soloers complain that the zerg runs them over, but how do you think a casual feels when they go out solo and run over by a fully temped NS fully potted and gets every dot/poison/debuff/disease unloaded on them within seconds? The soloers are PART of the reason the zerg exists because casuals aren't interested in going through the needed prereqs just to be even remotely competitive.

I stand by my signature quote because I have always argued we need to do more for the casual player, yet we cater more and more to the elitist. BTW, Elitist is not a bad term, it simply means they micromanage every possible stat to be as powerful as possible, and there is nothing wrong with that, but it completely eliminates the casual of having a chance except the zerg.

My quote means everyone has a place, and soloers act like they have zero game here when in fact I see a lot of soloing all over. I was in EV yesterday on my bard and saw a SB and Infi fighting 1 on 1. The SB had like ZERO health and I could have kited him easily but I didn't. I watched and waved and moved on. This is not a rare occasion, I see it more and more even when in groups. Sometimes we slaughter them and sometimes we don't.

My quote applies more to me and what I would like to see in the game, then it does to half the soloing players because all I hear are bitches and complaints the game doesn't favor them more because the class they play doesn't have speed or str/con self buff or dmg add or whatever. I have no problems with people soloing, but I do not want classes reduced to a single class on each realm which is what it seems like people keep screaming for here.

Who wants to change the game more? Myself who wants each class to have the specialty it was designed to have, or the people who want every class to have access to every buff in the game?

Again, I stand by my quote because I want everyone to be able to play without giving more advantages to 1 group of people screaming the game is skewed against them, when the fact is, the game was designed to be skewed against them. Stealthers were designed to solo because they could hide and pick their fight, but now everyone wants to play every class and they want to be able to avoid groups who happen to have faster speed. They want horses that would allow them to be faster then caster/warden blue speed and only slightly less fast then yellow. The reasoning? Well apparently people don't like that only some classes get speed and others do.

I'm not arguing what classes should or shouldn't have. I am arguing to leave DAOC how it was designed, at least in RvR.

Every day there is another post demanding that classes be buffed or nerfed because they aren't the top of the food chain. The game is SUPPOSED to be balanced around group play, yet all we see are people whining that some soloing classes are better. Of course they are, its the nature of an MMO. I love my SDkald because he has speed, but I love my warrior because he hits hard and is hard to bring down, I understood that when I made both, and I will never whine and complain that my warrior isn't faster because I KNEW HE DIDN'T HAVE SPEED when I made him.
Fri 29 May 2020 5:26 PM by Kadal
dude we are talking about making a bigger shardskin pot, nothing else. which would make sense considering how the other buffpots work and considering they probably wont be removed. they do not harm any buffclasses at all because if you are playing with a buffclass you dont need buffpots. and thats about the only stupid shit of all the stupid shit u said im going to point out.
no one is complaining, its just a suggestion. if the devs dont wanna change it it is how it is.
u are talking about a load of other stuff, u might wanna open up another thread, because u are massively offtopic.
Sat 30 May 2020 5:50 PM by Riac
Quik wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 4:51 PM
Riac wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 2:23 PM

Because the changes NEVER END.

I have no issues with quality of life, but I have argued against everything that dilutes the classes.

Slippery slope means that once you start down a path it starts picking up speed...lets look at that...

People got buff pots and barrels on certain buffs, and immediately they wanted more. We got combined force pots/barrels and AGAIN they complain, this time it isn't long enough. They let you double up the duration and AGAIN people complain it still isn't long enough and on top of that now you want even more buffs put into barrels. That is literally the definition of slippery slope because it is never ending and for every buff they give the players want more and more and more. Every time.

Now look at horses. Some people wanted horses and they finally add them and what is the first thing people do? They complain horses aren't good enough and are already demanding they lift the restrictions they put on horses. So far the dev's have said they don't plan on doing that, but of course they also swore they would never had horses in the first place. This is the start of a slippery slope.

Soloers wanted a place they could go and solo in safety and they finally got the pvp zone. How did that go? Well some classes were mad that other classes were better at soloing and cried that they were too powerful and wanted restrictions on WHAT soloing classes could enter or how long they could stay?!?!

And as for why I don't want buff pots? They dilute the classes. Just let everyone have a freakin buffbot at this point because that is all this is. Remove all pots and let what makes each class special stand out. Yeah, I know it will not happen. I understand soloers love them and help them be much more powerful, but at the expense of what makes some classes special. I know pots won't ever leave, but I am certainly hoping they do not make them even more of a luxury.

Right now if a casual player wants to go out and even REMOTELY compete, they need to spend most, if not all of their plat on a temp, then on top of that they need to manage all the pots and they NEED them or they will get destroyed. The casual can't just be casual and do much unless they join the zerg.

Soloers complain that the zerg runs them over, but how do you think a casual feels when they go out solo and run over by a fully temped NS fully potted and gets every dot/poison/debuff/disease unloaded on them within seconds? The soloers are PART of the reason the zerg exists because casuals aren't interested in going through the needed prereqs just to be even remotely competitive.

I stand by my signature quote because I have always argued we need to do more for the casual player, yet we cater more and more to the elitist. BTW, Elitist is not a bad term, it simply means they micromanage every possible stat to be as powerful as possible, and there is nothing wrong with that, but it completely eliminates the casual of having a chance except the zerg.

My quote means everyone has a place, and soloers act like they have zero game here when in fact I see a lot of soloing all over. I was in EV yesterday on my bard and saw a SB and Infi fighting 1 on 1. The SB had like ZERO health and I could have kited him easily but I didn't. I watched and waved and moved on. This is not a rare occasion, I see it more and more even when in groups. Sometimes we slaughter them and sometimes we don't.

My quote applies more to me and what I would like to see in the game, then it does to half the soloing players because all I hear are bitches and complaints the game doesn't favor them more because the class they play doesn't have speed or str/con self buff or dmg add or whatever. I have no problems with people soloing, but I do not want classes reduced to a single class on each realm which is what it seems like people keep screaming for here.

Who wants to change the game more? Myself who wants each class to have the specialty it was designed to have, or the people who want every class to have access to every buff in the game?

Again, I stand by my quote because I want everyone to be able to play without giving more advantages to 1 group of people screaming the game is skewed against them, when the fact is, the game was designed to be skewed against them. Stealthers were designed to solo because they could hide and pick their fight, but now everyone wants to play every class and they want to be able to avoid groups who happen to have faster speed. They want horses that would allow them to be faster then caster/warden blue speed and only slightly less fast then yellow. The reasoning? Well apparently people don't like that only some classes get speed and others do.

I'm not arguing what classes should or shouldn't have. I am arguing to leave DAOC how it was designed, at least in RvR.

Every day there is another post demanding that classes be buffed or nerfed because they aren't the top of the food chain. The game is SUPPOSED to be balanced around group play, yet all we see are people whining that some soloing classes are better. Of course they are, its the nature of an MMO. I love my SDkald because he has speed, but I love my warrior because he hits hard and is hard to bring down, I understood that when I made both, and I will never whine and complain that my warrior isn't faster because I KNEW HE DIDN'T HAVE SPEED when I made him.
tbh, im not gonna read all this shit. but if you could underline the portion about how making a shardskin barrel caters to the elitist, i wouldnt mind checking that out.
everything else is dumb and not on topic.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 8:15 PM by Taniquetil
If he put as much effort in to the game as he did writing nonsense, he might actually be quite good...
Wed 3 Jun 2020 11:10 PM by imweasel
I think all pots should be available in 100 charge barrels.
Fri 5 Jun 2020 9:53 AM by Killaloth
imweasel wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 11:10 PM
I think all pots should be available in 100 charge barrels.

Up!

Rolling soon a NS for thidranki, it's gonna be a pain to run with multiple pots instead of barrels + swords and poisons..
Tue 16 Jun 2020 5:33 AM by Taniquetil
Woooop! @Uthred! Ty!
Tue 16 Jun 2020 1:38 PM by Killaloth
Thanks for the new low lvl multibuff barrels!

Can we have the acuity buff included in the lesser draught of combined regeneration? Any reason why it's missing?

Casters in Thidranki are now penalised unless they roll with a buff class - or they have to use the lvl10 acuity potion that buffs for less :/

Cheers!
Tue 16 Jun 2020 9:03 PM by gruenesschaf
Killaloth wrote:
Tue 16 Jun 2020 1:38 PM

Can we have the acuity buff included in the lesser draught of combined regeneration? Any reason why it's missing?

Casters in Thidranki are now penalised unless they roll with a buff class - or they have to use the lvl10 acuity potion that buffs for less :/

Cheers!

Acuity will be included in the lesser combined forces draught, will be in after the next reboot, existing draughts will also be updated. However, the value will be the same as the new level 10 potion.
Thu 18 Jun 2020 3:08 PM by Killaloth
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 16 Jun 2020 9:03 PM
Killaloth wrote:
Tue 16 Jun 2020 1:38 PM

Cheers!

Acuity will be included in the lesser combined forces draught, will be in after the next reboot, existing draughts will also be updated. However, the value will be the same as the new level 10 potion.

Seen that, all buffs in a single barrel make life a ton easier, thanks!

Although 30AF buff included in the lesser omnibuff barrel make classes like friar, ranger and hunter lose out in thidranki. Their self AF buff is no longer a distinctive part of the char.

Was this an oversight or an intended addition to available buffs in thid?

A possible solution is to remove the af buff from the lesser draught and make the combined forces one usable from lvl 25.

Exp up to lvl 25 is still super fast even without 30AF buff.
Thu 18 Jun 2020 3:42 PM by Noashakra
it's the same for lvl 30 draughts.
The AF is everywhere and it's breaking the solo balance, but it's like this sadly.
Thu 18 Jun 2020 5:25 PM by Killaloth
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 18 Jun 2020 3:42 PM
it's the same for lvl 30 draughts.
The AF is everywhere and it's breaking the solo balance, but it's like this sadly.

It wasn't there in Thidranki till the last patch tho.

If something is bad for lvl 50 it doesn't mean we have to transfer that bad thing to Thidranki too.

I'd rather go back to bring 5 barrels in my backpack if you ask me now lol, I didn't realise the AF buff was there at first.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics