Cleric RA's

Started 29 May 2020
by imweasel
in Albion
I am sure this has been talked to death, but unfortunately my search foo is not adequate.

Don't play much, but after a couple of sessions I managed to hit r4l2. I was wondering how folks plan their ra's.

Currently have:

Purge 2
DI 2
PR 1
Serenity 1
LW
Tireless

4pts left. Am I on the right track? Suggestions?
Fri 29 May 2020 5:39 AM by gotwqqd
imweasel wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 5:25 AM
I am sure this has been talked to death, but unfortunately my search foo is not adequate.

Don't play much, but after a couple of sessions I managed to hit r4l2. I was wondering how folks plan their ra's.

Currently have:

Purge 2
DI 2
PR 1
Serenity 1
LW
Tireless

Mas of Arcane 3
Or at least two the return is just too good for points spent
Fri 29 May 2020 6:42 AM by imweasel
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 5:39 AM
imweasel wrote:

Currently have:

Purge 2
DI 2
PR 1
Serenity 1
LW
Tireless

Mas of Arcane 3

That makes sense. Aug dex now? Or wait? Like Aug dex 2 and MoA 2 with the 4pts left? Also my spec is kinda weird or at least not cookie cutter. 35 rejuv 40 enh. I used to be 33rejuv 42enh but I gave up red acuity for the 75% group insta heal. Just seemed to be more useful...
Fri 29 May 2020 7:36 AM by gotwqqd
imweasel wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 6:42 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 5:39 AM
imweasel wrote:

Currently have:

Purge 2
DI 2
PR 1
Serenity 1
LW
Tireless

Mas of Arcane 3

That makes sense. Aug dex now? Or wait? Like Aug dex 2 and MoA 2 with the 4pts left? Also my spec is kinda weird or at least not cookie cutter. 35 rejuv 40 enh. I used to be 33rejuv 42enh but I gave up red acuity for the 75% group insta heal. Just seemed to be more useful...
MoA
It’s going to help everyone in your group
And 3+ stats for each
Fri 29 May 2020 9:15 AM by chewchew
cut DI to 1 and get some mcl.
high moarcane is pretty overrated at low ranks, dont save on actives to get high moarcane.
Fri 29 May 2020 2:07 PM by shintacki
chewchew wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 9:15 AM
high moarcane is pretty overrated at low ranks, dont save on actives to get high moarcane.

I’ve never had nor needed mcl on my cleric. Just using the legion charge and instant power pots has been enough for me.
Fri 29 May 2020 2:09 PM by imweasel
chewchew wrote:

Wasn't planning on getting more than MoA 2-3.

Is higher MCL worth it at low rr? I use pots. Lots of pots. Not saying it wouldn't be useless. Just wondering if I should wait until I get a higher rr...
Fri 29 May 2020 2:10 PM by imweasel
shintacki wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 2:07 PM
chewchew wrote:

I’ve never had nor needed mcl on my cleric. Just using the legion charge and instant power pots has been enough for me.

Legion charge?
Fri 29 May 2020 3:21 PM by Azuell
imweasel wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 2:10 PM
shintacki wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 2:07 PM
chewchew wrote:

Legion charge?

There are 3 items that Legion in DF drops that have a heal/power/endo charge on them. It's on a separate timer from pots so you can use both to get a good amount of power back. You can buy them from the feather merchant if you have credit (I think credit is account wide). The one with the power charge is Tasty Chunk of Legion, I believe.
Fri 29 May 2020 3:28 PM by imweasel
Excellent. I'll look into it.
Fri 29 May 2020 11:46 PM by gotwqqd
imweasel wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 2:09 PM
chewchew wrote:

Is higher MCL worth it at low rr? I use pots. Lots of pots. Not saying it wouldn't be useless. Just wondering if I should wait until I get a higher rr...
MoA 2 is a no brainer
I can’t remember if 3 (cost of 2) is a 2% increase but if it is add it to the nobrainer lust
Sat 30 May 2020 2:17 PM by imweasel
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 11:46 PM
imweasel wrote:
chewchew wrote:

MoA 2 is a no brainer
I can’t remember if 3 (cost of 2) is a 2% increase but if it is add it to the nobrainer lust

It is, but should I be saving rps for anything else? Does my ra path seem sound?
Sat 30 May 2020 6:46 PM by gotwqqd
imweasel wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 2:17 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
imweasel wrote:

MoA 2 is a no brainer

It is, but should I be saving rps for anything else? Does my ra path seem sound?
I can’t speak for DI....and if going 2 is a good choice even if 1 is.
But all other things you chose are mandatory

From looking at what’s available...
I’d drop di entirely and get mcl2 and raging power1
Sat 30 May 2020 8:41 PM by imweasel
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 6:46 PM
imweasel wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 2:17 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
MoA 2 is a no brainer

I can’t speak for DI....and if going 2 is a good choice even if 1 is.
But all other things you chose are mandatory

From looking at what’s available...
I’d drop di entirely and get mcl2 and raging power1

I'm doing ok on power. It is tempting to get at least mcl1. Would wild healing be worth it? Or am I to low of rejuv spec? I think I can agree on DI as I am to low RR to spend the points on it.
Sat 30 May 2020 9:02 PM by dougrighteous1
Rr7 cleric here-43 rejuv 32 enh. +17 both

Mcl2
Purge 2
Pr 1
Tireless/longwind
MoArt 6
MoArcane 5
Aug dex 4
Eb 4

305 dex, Big heal hits for 700, smaller for 460. Dex buffs go for +133. I can fully buff 6 people. This is my bg, small and 8v8 spec. Only Wish for me is to have higher eb. I'll eventually get di1 to stop huge spikes, but I don't value it highly as an RA

Even when I was at 42 enh, I have no idea how people aren't running oom. If I'm in a bg spamming heals, I run out of my 3 separate legions very quickly and go through pots on cool down. I'm always waiting for MCL. In 8s and smallman, I will very constantly use charges when I can. I've used MCL 2x on many occasions in the same fight
Sun 31 May 2020 12:33 AM by imweasel
Well after much thought and discussion I went with:

The standard LW+Tireless+Ser1
MCL2
Aug dex 3
MoArc 4
MoArt 3
PR1

I just zerg or pve with this toon. Seems to work so far.

Any final thoughts?
Tue 7 Jul 2020 8:59 AM by saterny
I've been running a cleric using this thread as a guide for my realm points and have been having a lot of success with the following build:

4L0
42enh/33reju

Passive:
Aug Dex 2
MoArc 3
MoArt 3
LW1/Tireless/Serenity 1
Wild Healing 1

Active:
MCL 2
Perfect Recovery 1

Thoughts:
If I could respec I would drop my 1pt in wild healing for either MoArc4 or save another 2 points for DI 1. Overall I've had a lot of success with this build. The mix of MoArc and Aug Dex puts me at 303 dex self buffed on my briton which feels nice.

I ran with Purge for a bit but found it to be pretty useless for the kinds of groups I was getting. I opted instead to pick up PR1 and I wish I would have done it way sooner. It's amazing for farm groups where 1 member randomly dies from aggro every 5-15 minutes. It takes no time at all to get them back up and into the fight, which saves a ton of time waiting around. The same concept applies in RvR, where just having an instant cast rez is awesome enough and the lack of sickness is icing on the cake. Highly recommend this RA to any other clerics looking for a place to put their points.

Additionally I've found MCL2 removes most of my power needs for pve and even allows me to get by without power regen potions. In RvR, MCL2 feels almost mandatory. I feel like I burn through my power pretty quickly in big battlegroup scenarios from group/spreadhealing members who are out of line of sight or tossing out resurrections, so I use MCL on cooldown on top of crunching my tasty chunk of legion like a mad man

Overall this has been a super flexible build and I've felt really useful in every group I've been in, so thanks for sharing your build and I hope this post helps any other new clerics

Tue 7 Jul 2020 9:45 AM by Hangel
U all play cleric with no purge really?
LW - Tireless - Serenity1 - MCL1 - Purge2 - PR1 - MoArc (depend from spec) is the start for me..
Than Divine and BOF... and for last casting speed increase and Moc
About the dex and MoArt to be honest for me is not so necessary, I use only single heal that is fast enough and Spread only few time if no los/ns

Fri 10 Jul 2020 5:57 AM by imweasel
Hangel wrote:
Tue 7 Jul 2020 9:45 AM
U all play cleric with no purge really?
LW - Tireless - Serenity1 - MCL1 - Purge2 - PR1 - MoArc (depend from spec) is the start for me..
Than Divine and BOF... and for last casting speed increase and Moc
About the dex and MoArt to be honest for me is not so necessary, I use only single heal that is fast enough and Spread only few time if no los/ns

Purge helps a ton in small/8 man. In Zerg you either Zerg or get zerg'ed. Not much help in pve. So if all you do is Zerg and pve, then why 10pts on purge?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics