Self buffs shouldn't trigger horse cooldown

Started 26 May 2020
by beau
in Suggestions
Love the horses, think it's a great addition and money sink.

However, I think that the recast timer is a little sensitive. For example, I can drink potions but if I cast self buffs, the cooldown is triggered. Considering that timers are usually cast right before you need your horse, I think the 1 min recast is silly.

For any damaging/cc spells, I think one min recast is super fair, I just wish it didn't happen when I'm trying to buff up.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 1:58 PM by tsujin
I'd like to add that ending stealth also triggers horse cooldown. I think that the cd should be triggered when the player first enters stealth but not after breaking stealth.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:15 PM by joshisanonymous
I was against horses but voted yes on keeping them for RvR after seeing how they were implemented because the restrictions help ensure that they're limited to convenience for those times when you happen to have a fight far away from a hastener and have no other source of speed. If restrictions were removed, I would not have voted yes.

If you want to remove restrictions, I think mount/hastener speed should either be reduced or caster speed should be increased.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:40 PM by ExcretusMaximus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:15 PM
caster speed should be increased.

Caster speed is already faster than horses.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:44 PM by joshisanonymous
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:40 PM
Caster speed is already faster than horses.

A 3% difference is not meaningful. You'd have to run across an entire zone before catching up to someone on hastener. They are effectively the same speed.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 7:26 PM by ExcretusMaximus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:44 PM
A 3% difference is not meaningful. You'd have to run across an entire zone before catching up to someone on hastener. They are effectively the same speed.

Fair enough.
Thu 4 Jun 2020 11:51 AM by beau
If you want to remove restrictions, I think mount/hastener speed should either be reduced or caster speed should be increased.

I didn't ask to remove restrictions and I even said that I like the restrictions. I asked for the removal of one very specific restriction.

Why do you think self buffs should effect horse timers?
Thu 4 Jun 2020 12:30 PM by Sepplord
beau wrote:
Thu 4 Jun 2020 11:51 AM

I didn't ask to remove restrictions and I even said that I like the restrictions. I asked for the removal of one very specific restriction.

Ok, everybody get in line. Everyone gets to chose a single restriction to lift. Not two or three, ONE. Make up your mind, everyone only gets to remove a single thing, then everything will be fine
Thu 4 Jun 2020 1:53 PM by Spiegal
I agree, buffs shouldn't count as "combat" status.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics