pvp grp / solo zone hello ?

Started 25 May 2020
by benny75
in Suggestions
still no plan to bring back pvp zone to what it was ? might as well close it and open it for special events without nerfs then

dont see the point to have empty zones just for the sake of it

do a global vote with those options :

1. one pvp zone, np rp nerf and task grp cap 3
2 one pvp zone, np rp nerf and task grp cap 5
3. two pvp zone (solo and grp), np rp nerf and task grp cap 3
4 two pvp zone (solo and grp), np rp nerf and task grp cap 5
5. no pvp zone, close it only open for events

make to sure to add all votes from 1 to 4 and compare with 5.
Mon 25 May 2020 5:52 PM by dougrighteous1
I did find it funny that they opened it, and within the first 24hours they nerfed the incentives to go there. They also didn't do anything about stealthers vanishing/not fighting n the king of the hill. The zone fucking sucks too. if you wanna roam as small man, just go to the task zone. There's a reason why all those DOL pvp servers in years before used goth, mm, and cots..

Removing the incentives leaves the zone no fun, and the huge customization with groups it offers remains under utilized

Scrap the zone and deliver a decent idea more effectively that doesn't derail the entire server
Mon 25 May 2020 6:10 PM by inoeth
feels like a figleaf, like "we did what you wanted and you still crying" denying the fact that the zone is total shit after the changes, day one was very cool though, even some morons abused it....
Tue 26 May 2020 8:49 AM by benny75
total bs ignoring the facts that they totally ignore a part of the pop want to have fun in pvp

I dont get why you should dictate us how to play but we
Tue 26 May 2020 11:55 AM by Sepplord
Staff tries to give solo-fans a solo-zone, puts in work and gets rewarded with a shitstorm
Staff tries another time with a different setup, and is again rewarded with hate
Staff goes silent, and now they are "ignoring how a part of the pop want to play" and are "dictating how they should play"

the good thing though, that seems like there are loads of newcomers to DAoC since anyone who was already playing DAoC 20years ago can't still be such an entitled little brat...can they?
Tue 26 May 2020 3:01 PM by Quik
Sugar coat this all you want, but the only thing I heard when solo zone was released was how it was ruined by duelers/champs/BD's/Necro's/whatever.

There were a TON of posts with nothing but complaints, and now you want them to go out of their way to try again?!?!

And no, these complaints were NOT just after the RP reductions, these were immediate and all over the place.

Don't act like soloers were shouting joy when in fact I read a couple posts with people enjoying it, and a ton of posts with whining and complaints that they couldn't soo because the better soloing classes ruined it for them. It just got worse after the RP reduction.
Tue 26 May 2020 6:34 PM by benny75
Quik wrote:
Tue 26 May 2020 3:01 PM
Sugar coat this all you want, but the only thing I heard when solo zone was released was how it was ruined by duelers/champs/BD's/Necro's/whatever.

There were a TON of posts with nothing but complaints, and now you want them to go out of their way to try again?!?!

And no, these complaints were NOT just after the RP reductions, these were immediate and all over the place.

Don't act like soloers were shouting joy when in fact I read a couple posts with people enjoying it, and a ton of posts with whining and complaints that they couldn't soo because the better soloing classes ruined it for them. It just got worse after the RP reduction.

because it doesnt even make sense to make a pvp zone solo to begin with ? daoc is not well balance to open a 1vX pvp zone, this leads to retarded shit with 80% of the class being bd, mins, champ, stealthers, skald.

there is a reason why all pvp dol servers previously were grp capped min2, becaise all the bs classes quoted above could actually be killed by any kind of class in a group set

you can tell whatever you want but the staff clearly didnt hear out objective critics and prefered to listen to the whine

one pvp zone , grp cap 2 or 3 capped with a percentage based on the active population in rvr , no rps nerf, no task removed would have been constant action and fun for people who actually like pvp.

rp nerf and task removal wasnt needed given all the pop is already 11L and people zerging up all day are doing their 200krps daily.

peace
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics