So we had the damage buffed a bit and nerfed a little again... So instead of looking at the damage, we could have a look at utilities and mechanics...
1. Volley: Bring back the old Volley where you could move ground-target around after each shot. IMO it made it much more interesting. Where you actually had to aim at the ground and predict where people were moving.
2. Rapid Fire: In addition to the current effect add 1.5-2.0 sec snare effect to it... This will give Archers a tool to slow down their enemies so they can't run away that easy and keep the damage low since they have to fire at cap or almost cap speed in order to keep up the effect on their target.
3. "Flank Shot": An alternative to the Rapid Fire change could making a new shot that would only be useable from behind/side target and give a snare effect when they try to run off.
4. Stealth: Some hate it and some love it. Perhaps a mechanic that makes it more interesting to not be in stealth could make folks happier(wishful thinking). A percentage increase in damage increase for each minute not being in stealth. This would ofc. have to be monitored very closely and carefully perhaps a nerf of the regular damage to regulate and justify the buff from this. But what I had in mind was something like being out of stealth for 10-15 min would give you 10-15% damage increase. If you then choose to stealth you will lose the damage buff and have to start over... This will make Archers have to choose between damage or taking cover. I hope this could make Archer a more likable character to invite to a group. At big fights making the Archer not re-stealth all the time only to see them pop out a sec after and run again.
5. Critical Shot: I see people complain about this "ZOMG ONE HIT THIS MUCH DMG - OP SH*T" etc. Though I don't really agree. But to justify one or more of the above changes. Perhaps make it only useable from stealth... nerf the damage bonus or simply remove it.
Oh and please give Scouts an ability to give themselves 75 Dex/Qui... The realm skill points the have to spend to catch up to the other Archers accumulate more than two realm ranks.
I hope some of this could be an inspiration for some more interesting suggested changes for Archers. Thanks for reading <3
I've already posted this in the planned Archery changes but to be sure it did not drown in the pages I'm posting it here aswell.