Re: State of archery and possible solutions

#11
Centenario wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:58 pm
Killaloth wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:04 am
Impossible.
I am telling you, in Thidranki scouts are GIMP. Yet many people play scout stealthzerg because their brain is dead.
You give the brain dead the chance to play the class, they will go for it. One finger needed = happy braindead.
The only solution is to keep the gimp class gimp and force the braindead to play a visible, because they ain't got fingers to play an infiltrator and they are too scared to leech a fight getting close to a target.
Playing an archer class and getting kills has been 10x more difficult than playing a healer/caster/assassin/meleetrain.

"Simple can be harder than complex"

When you got only one tool and you are supposed to make a masterpiece, its a lot harder than having 10 tools for every scenario.

Which is why I disagree with archer = braindead

Although I would agree that assist targeting is "small peepi," but caster and melee do it too...
Yes playing a solo scout is challenging. But solo scouts can be counted on an amputated hand.

The remaining 99% of the "small peepi" does as per below and that's why listening to whiners is wrong.

Custom changes can be good and can be bad. Sometimes going back on your step and rolling back a change is the best option. Archery change is the perfect example.

I'm not bothering soloing with a visible in New Frontiers, I won't feed the small peepees.
Image
Killaloth - BM very sexy
Killahot - chant #1 hib casters solo kills!1!!11!
Killaloath - Thidranki ranger #1 hib solo kills!1!!11!

Vorti/Deira: Killaloth - BM

Eagles don't fly in flocks
F. Battiato

Re: State of archery and possible solutions

#13
is dick-shaming the new flavor of the week argument that's somehow supposed to make people take arguments more seriously?


I mean, i agree that the archer situation seems to spiral a bit out of control...and that pick of the group levelling with 6scouts is hilarious. But when i see people talking about people brain and dicksizes because of their classchoice, i immediatly take their comment less serious. It shows they are helpless and over emotional and implies they have no real argument. Even if they have one, its credibility is heavily reduced

Re: State of archery and possible solutions

#14
Sepplord wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:24 am
is dick-shaming the new flavor of the week argument that's somehow supposed to make people take arguments more seriously?

I mean, i agree that the archer situation seems to spiral a bit out of control...and that pick of the group levelling with 6scouts is hilarious. But when i see people talking about people brain and dicksizes because of their classchoice, i immediatly take their comment less serious. It shows they are helpless and over emotional and implies they have no real argument. Even if they have one, its credibility is heavily reduced
After the latest damage improvements made to archery, a lot of people have started to complain about archery adders now having an impact in BG RVR, 8v8 RvR, Smallman RvR, 1v1 solo and battlegrounds. To make sure that these changes would not be implemented as is, the 8v8 players have convened to create groups of archers as fast as possible and spread havoc in the battlefield. They have used every underhand tactics available to them: assist targeting, stealth zerg, baits, spies, ganking on soloers. They have completely disregarded the 20 years of DAoC ethics, without shame and have made archers look like vermines. They have shown the ugly side of archers.

Now, the good lone archers like clint eastwood, and the bad archers like me the casual. We want to save archery:
- we need to remove the ugly not the good and the bad.
- its hard to fix player behavior/ethics.

We have proposed in the past to put a 1.45 immunity after every arrow to remove assist targeting and stealth zerging of archers.
We could review the damage formula for archery to take into account the target hp%.
We could have different types of arrows (X Damage or XX Damage or XXX Damage with increased cost)
The goal is to keep the following 20 year old formula (Classic without healers and hybrids)
Assassin>Archer>Caster
Archer>Caster>MeleeDPS
Caster>MeleeDPS>Tank
MeleeDPS>Tank>Assassin
Tank>Assassin>Archer
Never explain, never complain, never pander.

Re: State of archery and possible solutions

#16
Centenario wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:30 am
Sepplord wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:24 am
is dick-shaming the new flavor of the week argument that's somehow supposed to make people take arguments more seriously?

I mean, i agree that the archer situation seems to spiral a bit out of control...and that pick of the group levelling with 6scouts is hilarious. But when i see people talking about people brain and dicksizes because of their classchoice, i immediatly take their comment less serious. It shows they are helpless and over emotional and implies they have no real argument. Even if they have one, its credibility is heavily reduced
After the latest damage improvements made to archery, a lot of people have started to complain about archery adders now having an impact in BG RVR, 8v8 RvR, Smallman RvR, 1v1 solo and battlegrounds. To make sure that these changes would not be implemented as is, the 8v8 players have convened to create groups of archers as fast as possible and spread havoc in the battlefield. They have used every underhand tactics available to them: assist targeting, stealth zerg, baits, spies, ganking on soloers. They have completely disregarded the 20 years of DAoC ethics, without shame and have made archers look like vermines. They have shown the ugly side of archers.

Now, the good lone archers like clint eastwood, and the bad archers like me the casual. We want to save archery:
- we need to remove the ugly not the good and the bad.
- its hard to fix player behavior/ethics.

We have proposed in the past to put a 1.45 immunity after every arrow to remove assist targeting and stealth zerging of archers.
We could review the damage formula for archery to take into account the target hp%.
We could have different types of arrows (X Damage or XX Damage or XXX Damage with increased cost)
The goal is to keep the following 20 year old formula (Classic without healers and hybrids)
Assassin>Archer>Caster
Archer>Caster>MeleeDPS
Caster>MeleeDPS>Tank
MeleeDPS>Tank>Assassin
Tank>Assassin>Archer
You should remove Caster assisting too, to be fair.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902

Re: State of archery and possible solutions

#17
again people complaining about archers doing caster numbers... look at dps man, takes 4 seconds to do a 300 dmg shot to a tank, (if you heavily invested in aug dex), what u think a caster can do in that timeframe with the same ra investment... gtfo lol
Twitch
Youtube
Tanakeo Takeo Tanaward Mierai Karambit Maikeo Tanaeld Tanaqeo Tamiko
Otori Kuroda Signing Kiruda Auraelia Fromtana
Shigero Warcoil Mettevums

Re: State of archery and possible solutions

#18
Here is my post from another thread:

Right now having high archery is greater than dex. Maybe instead of going above 52 composite archery, they should have done something with dex. Meaning the higher your dex than the higher your damage. Hunters can solo and small man still. They are the top tier archer class right now. Rangers cannot spec decent melee anymore if they go more into bow. This is where rangers in further patches were given more spec points. As a ranger you have to either choose between archery or melee. Its real hard now to play a hybrid. And as a ranger you need to either snare your opponent off you or get that reactionary stun off and then kite and shoot again. This means that rangers are going to rely upon nightshades to be their meat shields for them because their melee skills are subpar now unless you are a full melee ranger. Scouts spec 50 bow, 45 shield, 35 stealth (rr5), and 15 in thrust; they have no melee skills. They are one trick ponies and unless there are multiples, they aren't hard to 1v1. stun, you purge, they snare, they kite, you pull your bow out and shoot and even throw your dog on them. Scouts and Rangers are grouping up because everyone wants to be all archery and so they need meat shields to hide behind because they can't melee. At least if you based bow damage off of dex, people would have to raise their pathfinding or beast craft to 40 and since archery is capped at 52 composite hypothetically speaking they wouldn't spec as high of bow maybe 35 bow again but then if you wanted to do more bow damage you'd choose a race with more dex and then you'd have to invest in more aug dex. I think on my hunter at one point I've had about 356 dex at one point but that was when I was a kobold. As a dwarf hunter I have 300 dex and my spec is 40 bow, 39 spear, 35 stealth, and 40 BC and really I feel as though I don't need any more dex as a hunter because aug dex 5 only gives me 322 dex and thats only 11 points of damage additional on my standard shot and 10 ra points are spent better in IP 5 or some other survivability tool. I don't know what a scout looks like dps wise melee but if you couldn't go above 52 composite bow the new meta might look like 40 bow, 34 slash/thrust, 34 stealth <rr6> and 45 shield. But if you make bow damage based off of dex instead of bow skill you would have more balanced specs. Rangers go to melee spec is 27 bow, 40 pathfinding, 39 CD, 29 blade/pierce, and 35 stealth <rr5>. I think rangers get screwed the most no matter what they do. I think 40 archery is at least a minimum for any archer class because of that penetrating shot. And if you want to do more damage as a hunter right now try 45 bow, 34 BC, 39 spear, and 35 stealth <rr5>. Like I said you do more damage with bow skill from 40 to 45 than you do having more dex. Eventually at rr10 you could do 50 bow, 32 BC, 39 spear and 30 stealth <rr10>.

Re: State of archery and possible solutions

#19
Pigleto wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:34 pm
Here is my post from another thread:

Right now having high archery is greater than dex. Maybe instead of going above 52 composite archery, they should have done something with dex. Meaning the higher your dex than the higher your damage. Hunters can solo and small man still. They are the top tier archer class right now. Rangers cannot spec decent melee anymore if they go more into bow. This is where rangers in further patches were given more spec points. As a ranger you have to either choose between archery or melee. Its real hard now to play a hybrid. And as a ranger you need to either snare your opponent off you or get that reactionary stun off and then kite and shoot again. This means that rangers are going to rely upon nightshades to be their meat shields for them because their melee skills are subpar now unless you are a full melee ranger. Scouts spec 50 bow, 45 shield, 35 stealth (rr5), and 15 in thrust; they have no melee skills. They are one trick ponies and unless there are multiples, they aren't hard to 1v1. stun, you purge, they snare, they kite, you pull your bow out and shoot and even throw your dog on them. Scouts and Rangers are grouping up because everyone wants to be all archery and so they need meat shields to hide behind because they can't melee. At least if you based bow damage off of dex, people would have to raise their pathfinding or beast craft to 40 and since archery is capped at 52 composite hypothetically speaking they wouldn't spec as high of bow maybe 35 bow again but then if you wanted to do more bow damage you'd choose a race with more dex and then you'd have to invest in more aug dex. I think on my hunter at one point I've had about 356 dex at one point but that was when I was a kobold. As a dwarf hunter I have 300 dex and my spec is 40 bow, 39 spear, 35 stealth, and 40 BC and really I feel as though I don't need any more dex as a hunter because aug dex 5 only gives me 322 dex and thats only 11 points of damage additional on my standard shot and 10 ra points are spent better in IP 5 or some other survivability tool. I don't know what a scout looks like dps wise melee but if you couldn't go above 52 composite bow the new meta might look like 40 bow, 34 slash/thrust, 34 stealth <rr6> and 45 shield. But if you make bow damage based off of dex instead of bow skill you would have more balanced specs. Rangers go to melee spec is 27 bow, 40 pathfinding, 39 CD, 29 blade/pierce, and 35 stealth <rr5>. I think rangers get screwed the most no matter what they do. I think 40 archery is at least a minimum for any archer class because of that penetrating shot. And if you want to do more damage as a hunter right now try 45 bow, 34 BC, 39 spear, and 35 stealth <rr5>. Like I said you do more damage with bow skill from 40 to 45 than you do having more dex. Eventually at rr10 you could do 50 bow, 32 BC, 39 spear and 30 stealth <rr10>.
Complaining that rangers lose melee damage if they spec higher bow?
Helooooo...this is what spec lines are about

Re: State of archery and possible solutions

#20
Pigleto wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:34 pm
Here is my post from another thread:

Right now having high archery is greater than dex. Maybe instead of going above 52 composite archery, they should have done something with dex. Meaning the higher your dex than the higher your damage. Hunters can solo and small man still. They are the top tier archer class right now. Rangers cannot spec decent melee anymore if they go more into bow. This is where rangers in further patches were given more spec points. As a ranger you have to either choose between archery or melee. Its real hard now to play a hybrid. And as a ranger you need to either snare your opponent off you or get that reactionary stun off and then kite and shoot again. This means that rangers are going to rely upon nightshades to be their meat shields for them because their melee skills are subpar now unless you are a full melee ranger. Scouts spec 50 bow, 45 shield, 35 stealth (rr5), and 15 in thrust; they have no melee skills. They are one trick ponies and unless there are multiples, they aren't hard to 1v1. stun, you purge, they snare, they kite, you pull your bow out and shoot and even throw your dog on them. Scouts and Rangers are grouping up because everyone wants to be all archery and so they need meat shields to hide behind because they can't melee. At least if you based bow damage off of dex, people would have to raise their pathfinding or beast craft to 40 and since archery is capped at 52 composite hypothetically speaking they wouldn't spec as high of bow maybe 35 bow again but then if you wanted to do more bow damage you'd choose a race with more dex and then you'd have to invest in more aug dex. I think on my hunter at one point I've had about 356 dex at one point but that was when I was a kobold. As a dwarf hunter I have 300 dex and my spec is 40 bow, 39 spear, 35 stealth, and 40 BC and really I feel as though I don't need any more dex as a hunter because aug dex 5 only gives me 322 dex and thats only 11 points of damage additional on my standard shot and 10 ra points are spent better in IP 5 or some other survivability tool. I don't know what a scout looks like dps wise melee but if you couldn't go above 52 composite bow the new meta might look like 40 bow, 34 slash/thrust, 34 stealth <rr6> and 45 shield. But if you make bow damage based off of dex instead of bow skill you would have more balanced specs. Rangers go to melee spec is 27 bow, 40 pathfinding, 39 CD, 29 blade/pierce, and 35 stealth <rr5>. I think rangers get screwed the most no matter what they do. I think 40 archery is at least a minimum for any archer class because of that penetrating shot. And if you want to do more damage as a hunter right now try 45 bow, 34 BC, 39 spear, and 35 stealth <rr5>. Like I said you do more damage with bow skill from 40 to 45 than you do having more dex. Eventually at rr10 you could do 50 bow, 32 BC, 39 spear and 30 stealth <rr10>.
Forcing a range specced character to rely on a meatshield is what brings balance to this game. Furthermore, having Archery damage tied more significantly to Dex than spec points will make Rangers OP in relation to other Archers and that is something I have never supported.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902