Theurgist solo RvR - possible?

Started 24 May 2020
by emanius
in Albion
Hey guys,

i'm having fun with my theu/sorc in Thidranki but never had these classes to 50 and wanted to figure out on which one I should focus.
Me goal is to solo in RvR at 50.

The one I like the most for now is Theurgist but i'm wondering if it is any good in a solo perspective in rvr.

So is theu available for solo or definetively only way is sorc? and why?
Any chance against stealthers?

Thanks a lot
Mon 25 May 2020 8:05 AM by Blitze
As a theurg I reckon
With purge up on the stealth, you are dead.
With vanish up on the stealth, you can’t win either
With both those RAs down then you have a chance with QC mezz/root then petspam.

There is a solution!
Theurg gets the advantage of looking like a friar, so be a Briton, dress like the RR11 Niromu, name yourself Niiromu... stealths will pop you less.😈😂😈😂😈😂
Mon 25 May 2020 1:04 PM by Neso
Paperdaoc:
Decent level of pd with conc3/4/5, probably tri spec for air pets to stun lock and another cc type (aoe mezz), yellow pbt.
Standard? fight would probably go...qc root <purged>, conc mezz, get space, air/earth pet & nuke, kite until vanish/sos/dead.

Good: Having speed (although use horse with yellow pbt running?), root and mezz, great range on pets.
Bad: Caster/hp, need time/space to kill/kite.

LW, Tireless, Seren1, MCL, PD, Conc3/4/5 + Purge2 + AugDex + MastArt = rr7+
Without many of these, it'll be a rough solo time without even getting mowed down by every smallman/grp...
Mon 25 May 2020 2:24 PM by Pzynom
Neso wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 1:04 PM
Paperdaoc:
Decent level of pd with conc3/4/5, probably tri spec for air pets to stun lock and another cc type (aoe mezz), yellow pbt.
Standard? fight would probably go...qc root <purged>, conc mezz, get space, air/earth pet & nuke, kite until vanish/sos/dead.

Good: Having speed (although use horse with yellow pbt running?), root and mezz, great range on pets.
Bad: Caster/hp, need time/space to kill/kite.

LW, Tireless, Seren1, MCL, PD, Conc3/4/5 + Purge2 + AugDex + MastArt = rr7+
Without many of these, it'll be a rough solo time without even getting mowed down by every smallman/grp...

Generally agree with the comment.

- Fight: qc root <purged>, conc mezz, get space, air/earth pet & nuke, kite until vanish/sos/dead
You apply Mezz and root, both will have a 10% resist chance. So even with concentration, you might up ending up not CCing. + You need to survive the damage, while CCing + getting away
- Your Achilles heel is stealthers. And there are a lot on this server. If a rr3 NS attacks you and resists 1 CC, you are usually dead
- Almost all Small-men will kill you. Your 39 Wind mezz lasts 27 secs. Tanks usually interupted while running no det clases 10-17 secs. Means you cann nuke down a second target, but if you get a qc stun etc, the other player or pet will be ready soon.
- You are way easier to kill than a MOC+LT class
- For solo, skip MCL, usually not your issue
- MAIN POINT: Solo Theurg is a lot of fun, because you have to old-school CC, if that works, it's soooo much fun.

Have fun!
Wed 27 May 2020 3:50 PM by emanius
ty for the info.

What about the sorc? is it better for solo?
Wed 27 May 2020 4:57 PM by Neso
You'll still have the same issues as a theurg, especially dps. Although it should be easier with more toys:

Single/aoe mezz/root - higher level spells
Amnesia - breaking speed on inc
Pet - interupts, straight to target if shot/casted on
Ichor - resets root immunity, gives space as a 3rd cc (root, mezz, ichor)
Stat debuffs

For spec, split mind/body.
You'll also find it easier getting into small/8 more consistently if you need a change. MOC LT is nice, but higher RR will be needed.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 11:10 PM by Jingo NZ
I 99% solo on my theurgist “Zew” these days. It’s challenging but I’m slowly improving.

My main advice is you need to be comfortable with dieing A LOT. I have a very very low success rate against multiple enemies and against assassins. It does make the rare success very satisfying!

I do gank expers, but I also inc pretty much everything I see (duos/trios, groups of expers, BD, skalds, etc…at least we don’t have to deal with minstrels!). I don’t burn timers and then run away, I’ll stay and fight and give the enemy the RPs.

There’s quite a few players that won’t fight on your terms. So if you set up your fights with max range you will get a lot of runners. This means you have to fight at suboptimal distance, giving your enemies a chance to kill you so that you get a chance to secure the kill.

And try not to cancel your own quickcasts. Good luck!
Wed 3 Jun 2020 11:16 PM by Jingo NZ
And when you get killed by a trio of BDs you will get /rofl or /dismiss with a troll sitting on the head of your corpse
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics