New paladin best spec and RA to start with

Started 13 May 2020
by lord05
in Albion
Hi guys ,

i was wandering what s the best spec for paly shield . red or yellow chants .. 2hd vs parry points

also first RAs , and how many serenity needed with pom to keep mana up with chants yellow or red ?

thanks
Thu 14 May 2020 8:29 AM by Dunga
with my low rr pala i used the common
48 chants
42 shield
50 2hand
31 slash
rest parry
if u are able to switch shild/2hand and like the way this build works and are able to do it well, u will get the most out of a pala i think, but i personal dont liked it .

now my toon is
48 chants
45 shield
50 slash
27 parry
and i realy like it.if its 42shild and more parry doesent count so much, this way i have 0 left... its great for pve, nice solo/small, but for grp i would go with thrust and or 2hand.
dont need sere, only use comb. reg draught and changing the chants all the time infight.
Thu 14 May 2020 12:26 PM by lord05
Thanks for the info .

Any idea about serenity and reed endo. mana seems to drop quick even with pom pots and pom rather .

would serenity 1 be enough or 2 ? ..... with pom pots
Thu 14 May 2020 6:26 PM by imweasel
I went sword and shield.

50 slash
50 shield
48 chants
16 parry

Mine is a pve toon so I went these Ra's:
MoB2
MoP2
Longwind
Tireless
Serenity 1
IP2?

*edit*

I just switched up. Wanted to try 2h.

39 slash
44 2h
42 shield
48 chants
5 parry

I thought about dropping chants to 46 and pick up more parry. I will see how this goes, but probably will go that route...
Thu 21 May 2020 6:26 PM by beau
48 chants - this is the whole reason you're a pally and not an arms. AF chant is really strong and a big reason why a group would want you.
42 shield - not really debatable for a peeler
44 2h - personal preference. 39 2h is min for grouping for the back snare. Your main utility is as a peeler and 2h has 2 very decent positional peels. 44 2h gives you respectable dmg (for a pally) and the necessary peels.
37ish slash - depending on your RR. 37 is a good place to start. Slash so that you can use Apoc and actually have the potential to deal damage. Thrust is objectively a better damage type, but the slowest thrust 2h is 5.3, which is a huge loss of potential damage that isn't overcome by armor resists.
13ish parry - definitely helpful since you will have your 2h out the majority of the time.

Pallies in RVR groups are peelers first, melee damage second. While 1h thrust pallies can be an effective peelbot, their damage is so mediocre that most groups won't group them, since a merc or arms can accomplish the same job with way more melee damage potential. By going 2h you can definitely dish out good damage (especially at high rr), have plenty of peel options, and offer chants, which means you're now in a position to actually replace other melee dps.

For RAs - usually on tanks I think it's best to go Det 9/Purge 2 right away. After that, usually some IP, AoM, MoPain, etc. depending on weaknesses you notice.
Thu 21 May 2020 7:05 PM by Ashenspire
50 2h
42 Shield
46-48 Chants
31-34 Slash
Leftovers in Parry

Better off 50 2h/31 Slash then you are 44 2h/37 Slash. Going thrust or crush loses a decent amount of auto training points.

46 or 48 chants is personal preference, as 28 AF with a 62.5% uptime isn't gamebreaking, but can be nice for melee train burst on a squishy.
Thu 21 May 2020 9:06 PM by imweasel
Ashenspire wrote:
Thu 21 May 2020 7:05 PM
50 2h
42 Shield
46-48 Chants
31-34 Slash
Leftovers in Parry

Better off 50 2h/31 Slash then you are 44 2h/37 Slash. Going thrust or crush loses a decent amount of auto training points.

46 or 48 chants is personal preference, as 28 AF with a 62.5% uptime isn't gamebreaking, but can be nice for melee train burst on a squishy.

I'm going to put this on the list to try. If you go 46 chants you get 34 slash and 31 slash if 48 in chants.

I'm liking the 50lw...
Fri 22 May 2020 6:31 AM by inoeth
according to this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPrqcV3lrOk&feature=youtu.be
weapon type spec is not really needed at all ;D so maybe trty to put some points in slash and thrust? or even crush?
Sat 23 May 2020 12:20 AM by beau
Better off 50 2h/31 Slash then you are 44 2h/37 Slash.

I think having a higher damage floor is much more important than having a higher damage ceiling for consistency, especially since your max damage isn't terribly impressive - especially especially at low RR.

Going thrust or crush loses a decent amount of auto training points.

That's not how AT works on Phoenix. Crush is a viable option since slowest crush 2h is 5.7 or 5.8, I just personally think 6.0 Apoc is very worth it. Thrust would be completely viable but lvl 51 2h thrust weapon selection is terrible.

So you sacrifice the best AF buff in the game for 3 points of slash that's still only lvl 31? You should really be keeping AF buff as the last chant in your line anyway, DA is mediocre.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics