VW

Started 16 Oct 2019
by MuddBeard
in Hibernia
So i am rolling a vw next and was wondering a couple things.

What is the most common specs?
What race would be the best?
Does using a staff when casting really make a difference over staff?
And if so what is the swap macro to grab a weapon out of your inventory,

How is the solo farm/ solo pvp i loved mine on the live server got it to 8L9. Just wanna know about the specs and other things because i know the scythe moves are completely different.
Thu 24 Oct 2019 12:50 PM by Equade2
Howdy,

I'll start

Spec:
Not sure if most used, but I go by

50 scythe (your styles do not have +hit, so you need as much weaponskill as you can get. Also you hit harder, of course)
38 arbo (gives you 2nd best combat speed buff, and gets you >50 composite spec for landing spells. Can settle with 34 for highest ABS buff, or go higher for more DD damage)
20 parry (a good boost to defense. the lower points are cheaper/more cost-efficient)

Race:
Firbolg for strength (gives that much needed weaponskill)
Sylvan for strength/dex/int (lower str than firbolg but faster casting with higher dps)
Celt for quickness (faster swing-speed)

You either grab a firbolg and go slow weaponspeed (>5.0 speed) with higher accuracy (weaponskill) or celt with quickness as starting stat for faster swings and fast weaponspeed (3.5 is fastest afaik) for the purpose of dishing out as many side-procs as possible. In short, firbolg would then have high stability dps over time with smaller spike damage, while a celt will have lower steady dps but higher spike damage potential.

Staff over scythe for casting:
I don't know I assume that +focus doesn't help the VW (just like acuity shouldn't) - Someone can confirm?

Should someone who has tested chime in, I'd like to know if Wild Power affects proc crit rate? And does mastery of focus decrease proc resist chance?
Thu 24 Oct 2019 1:27 PM by gotwqqd
I think focus on staff conserves power
Sat 26 Oct 2019 2:00 AM by Leandrys
It does work, i never tested to put an arbo focus stone on a crafted scythe, don't even know if that is possible.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 2:33 AM by palidian
That 50 sc ability is the 4th in a chain from an evade, fairly unattainable in rvr. I went 44 sc 43 arb and the rest parry, 23, works well, gives you enough parry to pull of the parry chain.
Fri 28 Feb 2020 1:12 AM by Aeriyah
I just started leveling one, but I think i'm going to be going 44 Scy 38 Arb 30 Parry
I'm running a smallman with a bard/eld/bm/vw(me) so i'll likely be on peel/assist duty trying to get the back style for longer stun on peeling, or railing through that sidestyle chain as often as possible (rolled celt for qui). I haven't tried this really since ToA, but I'm pretty sure it'll work out.
Fri 28 Feb 2020 4:20 AM by gotwqqd
Leveling one now.
My choices of spec

50 Weapon
36-38 Arboreal
Rest parry

44 weapon
36-43!arboreal
23-33 Parry
Fri 28 Feb 2020 7:11 AM by Razur Ur
Important is fast weapon for side combo and for backstyle slowest weapon you have and i think celt is best race for VW.
Wed 8 Apr 2020 4:36 PM by Komaf
Are Valewalkers raid worthy enough to compete with a Blademaster such as in Darkspire?
Thu 9 Apr 2020 11:50 AM by majedorcanie
VW are very good dps cac with 2 stun.
Better to assist a tank with slam.
With fast scythe, you can kill one cloth during the side chain.
Need a physic snare like on live.

Race : celt or sylvan.
Scythe 44 (back stun) or 50.
Arbo between 34 (last Absorption) - 38 (yellow haste) maxi 43 (yellow ablative).
In my memory, 1 point put in arbo increase 0.5% dmg lifetap.
Then Parry

Scythe 50 Arbo 43 Parry 2
Scythe 50 Arbo 38 Parry 20 (my spec)
Scythe 50 Arbo 34 Parry 26

Scythe 44 Arbo 43 Parry 23
Scythe 44 Arbo 38 Parry 30
Scythe 44 Arbo 34 Parry 35
Tue 21 Apr 2020 9:12 AM by Zebul1n
Hello,

thanks for the different specs, i'm actually struggling between going 50 scythe or not.

The 50 Style seems like very hard to land in PvP.

What are the situation when you can use it ? solo ? 8v8 ?
i guess in Zerg it makes no diff what specc you choose ?
Tue 21 Apr 2020 9:14 AM by Patron
Because of low Weaponskill i would go 50 scythe everytime, even the 50 scythe is hard to land in pvp but nice for farm in pve...
Tue 21 Apr 2020 9:45 AM by gotwqqd
Zebul1n wrote:
Tue 21 Apr 2020 9:12 AM
Hello,

thanks for the different specs, i'm actually struggling between going 50 scythe or not.

The 50 Style seems like very hard to land in PvP.

What are the situation when you can use it ? solo ? 8v8 ?
i guess in Zerg it makes no diff what specc you choose ?
Keep in mind this may be a moot point
They are going to be fixing it so long chains are not as unlikely to occur
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics