Mastery of Pain clarification

Started 9 Apr 2020
by Baya
in Midgard
Latest Patch Notes (April 4th):
-- without RAs critical damage is now 30% against players and 55% against npcs
-- Mastery of Pain and Wild Power and Falcon Eye now give a reduced crit chance but also increase the critical damage percent, 20% at level 9, same scaling as aom

Latest Patch Notes (April 6th):
- crit ras no longer increase the critical bonus %
- crit ras now scale like mastery of blocking, ending at 25% at level 9

I'm pretty dumb about this stuff, maybe someone could clarify how the patch from the 6th affects the patch from the 4th? Is it still worth it for a zerk to go MoP9?

Thanks
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:03 AM by inoeth
in the first patch you could increase the crit chance and the crit dmg.
in the second patch they removed the increase of crit dmg and increase the crit chance.

well as a zerk after det9 you dont have much left than mopain, so imo its still worth even though it might be nerfed at this point
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:17 AM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:03 AM
in the second patch they removed the increase of crit dmg and increase the crit chance.

well as a zerk after det9 you dont have much left than mopain, so imo its still worth even though it might be nerfed at this point

And how scaling now the crit dmg? is this fix 10% til 30% crit dmg? this fucking crit changes fuck me up i dont understand this patch after patch -_-
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:47 AM by Taniquetil
Damage: Always 30% (think bearmode for zerkers still 50%?) *Nothing beyond bearmode affects this any more

Chance to crit: Base 10% + RA points

RA scale is reduced. +2% at MoP1,+25% at MoP9
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:54 AM by Razur Ur
Taniquetil wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:47 AM
Damage: Always 30% (think bearmode for zerkers still 50%?) *Nothing beyond bearmode affects this any more

i thought this scaling how like aom? +max 20% crit chance + crit dmg? doing mop only now influence the crit chance but not the crit dmg?
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:55 AM by inoeth
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:17 AM
inoeth wrote:

And how scaling now the crit dmg? is this fix 10% til 30% crit dmg? this fucking crit changes fuck me up i dont understand this patch after patch -_-

scaling is like mastery of blocking: 2 4 6 9 12 15 18 21 25
so with mop9 you end up with 35% crit chance
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:57 AM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:55 AM
Razur Ur wrote:
inoeth wrote:

And the crit dmg? is all time fix 30%?
Thu 9 Apr 2020 7:03 AM by Cadebrennus
At this point they might as well get rid of crits and give everyone a flat 3% damage boost, since they hate the RNG so much. Over time it's equal to their new crit patch anyways.
Thu 9 Apr 2020 7:17 AM by Razur Ur
Influence the mop the crit dmg or not with patch from 6th april.
Thu 9 Apr 2020 9:56 AM by inoeth
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:57 AM
inoeth wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

yes fixed 30%
dont ever listen to cadebrennus, hes only talking BS all the time
Thu 9 Apr 2020 10:57 AM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 9:56 AM
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 6:57 AM
inoeth wrote:

yes fixed 30%

I'm not even in that quote chain, moron. Why all the personal attacks? If you seriously have a problem with me personally, you're welcome to tell me to my face. I currently live in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Thu 9 Apr 2020 11:15 AM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 9:56 AM
yes fixed 30%

Ok thx for answer and i understand right the actuality MOP influence only the crit chance now and the crit dmg is always 30%.
Thu 9 Apr 2020 3:55 PM by joshisanonymous
Taniquetil wrote:

Correct about vendo. I just wanted to add that while nothing effects the percent damage for crits now, anything that raises your base damage effectively increases the absolute size of your crits still.

I started thinking that the crit chance RAs were a bit overvalued versus RAs that increase your base damage before they even announced these changes anyway, now even more so.
Sat 11 Apr 2020 11:40 AM by Nunki
joshisanonymous wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 3:55 PM
Taniquetil wrote:

Correct about vendo. I just wanted to add that while nothing effects the percent damage for crits now, anything that raises your base damage effectively increases the absolute size of your crits still.

I started thinking that the crit chance RAs were a bit overvalued versus RAs that increase your base damage before they even announced these changes anyway, now even more so.
Was there a Str/Dex hardcap on Phoenix?
Would it make more sense to invest in Aug Str/Dex9 before going for MoP?
Sun 12 Apr 2020 10:50 AM by inoeth
Nunki wrote:
Sat 11 Apr 2020 11:40 AM
joshisanonymous wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 3:55 PM
Taniquetil wrote:

Was there a Str/Dex hardcap on Phoenix?
Would it make more sense to invest in Aug Str/Dex9 before going for MoP?

i tried str/dex 6 but i did not see numbers really increasing so imo its still better to go for mop
Mon 27 Apr 2020 5:43 PM by Hagnar
I haven't played for 1 month now, what's the current state of MoP? What's the current sweet spot for it ? I used to run with MoP9, now I lowered it to 7, is that fine or should I invest points in other RAs such as MoArms or Aug Quick to get a better return?
Mon 27 Apr 2020 6:03 PM by gotwqqd
Hagnar wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 5:43 PM
I haven't played for 1 month now, what's the current state of MoP? What's the current sweet spot for it ? I used to run with MoP9, now I lowered it to 7, is that fine or should I invest points in other RAs such as MoArms or Aug Quick to get a better return?

I think it’s lost quite a bit of its luster
Mon 27 Apr 2020 7:04 PM by inoeth
i totally respeced now and went moarms8 now even though i always said this was not worth it... it now is. getting 1 more complete hit in 10s turned out to be worth more than 2x50 dmg done by crit (and relying on rng)

stat boost is totally worthless on phoenix btw

this applies for ppl using 2h weapons, if you easily reach 1.5s swing speed somehow, moarms is not the way to go for you
if thats the case mopain is the only way to go still, in case of dmg increase ofc
Mon 27 Apr 2020 8:46 PM by darkstar00
inoeth wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 7:04 PM
i totally respeced now and went moarms8 now even though i always said this was not worth it... it now is. getting 1 more complete hit in 10s turned out to be worth more than 2x50 dmg done by crit (and relying on rng)

this applies for ppl using 2h weapons, if you easily reach 1.5s swing speed somehow, moarms is not the way to go for you
if thats the case mopain is the only way to go still, in case of dmg increase ofc

If you're a solo class then get MOA since you won't have healer celerity boost and extra buffs.

I'm actually going aug str 9 at rr8ish on my SB... i have reasoning behind it and will see how it goes. Its cheap to respec anyways.
Tue 28 Apr 2020 6:40 AM by inoeth
darkstar00 wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 8:46 PM
inoeth wrote:

If you're a solo class then get MOA since you won't have healer celerity boost and extra buffs.

I'm actually going aug str 9 at rr8ish on my SB... i have reasoning behind it and will see how it goes. Its cheap to respec anyways.

a guildmate recently did a dmg test with race respec, turned out 60 str do about 19 dmg per hit, nor rly worth going for stat boost.
moarms is really only good as soon as you can afford higher lvls of it because you have to look at it in the 1on1 perspective. such fights last for about 10-20s and in that time you need to hit a full hit more than usually. if thats not the case it might be better to go for toughness and a little mopain and thats what i did. now with rr9 and mopain nerf its a different story.
Tue 28 Apr 2020 4:05 PM by shintacki
inoeth wrote:
Tue 28 Apr 2020 6:40 AM
darkstar00 wrote:
inoeth wrote:

a guildmate recently did a dmg test with race respec, turned out 60 str do about 19 dmg per hit, nor rly worth going for stat boost.
moarms is really only good as soon as you can afford higher lvls of it because you have to look at it in the 1on1 perspective. such fights last for about 10-20s and in that time you need to hit a full hit more than usually. if thats not the case it might be better to go for toughness and a little mopain and thats what i did. now with rr9 and mopain nerf its a different story.

Damage is only one factor to consider tho. Weaponskill will also be increased which lets you get through enemy defenses easier so maybe at higher RR aug stats can be worth something despite not increasing actual damage numbers that much. But I have no idea how much of a difference this would actually make in practice.
Tue 28 Apr 2020 7:02 PM by inoeth
shintacki wrote:
Tue 28 Apr 2020 4:05 PM
inoeth wrote:
Tue 28 Apr 2020 6:40 AM
darkstar00 wrote:

Damage is only one factor to consider tho. Weaponskill will also be increased which lets you get through enemy defenses easier so maybe at higher RR aug stats can be worth something despite not increasing actual damage numbers that much. But I have no idea how much of a difference this would actually make in practice.

from my experiance its not much maybe 1-3%... not sure about higher stat values though
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics