Re: [Q2 2020] Minstrel / Pet Charm

#251
hefrocko2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:55 pm
most people complaining about minstrels have never played one. charming a high red/purple makes it near impossible to do anything else since the resist rate is 80-90% and people easily kite away from them making the minstrel lose the pet if they want to stay engaged in the fight. For those who don't play minstrels, understand that the only 99% of minstrels can effectively play the class is by having an oj pet with a 30% or less resist rate. This let's the minstrel utilize other utilities, like melee, without focusing all their attention on keeping the pet charmed.

The minstrels that everyone is crying and whining about are the 1% who've been playing the class for 20 years and are able to hold a red/purple pet while doing other things... this is not a reason to nerf the class.

The recent "fix" to charm duration is even more reason to not nerf the class because the charm expires so rapidly it's hard for the above average player to hold a pet anymore if they also want to melee... again, don't nerf the class because 1% are exceptionally good at it.

If anything, pets need to be able to sprint again in RVR combat. Any smart player just sprints away from a pet and the minstrel will lose charm due to range... sprint needs to be restored.
Weird that it's so easy to find RR3sy runing with red pets then and that minstrels currently make up literally 25% of the top 100 soloers in Alb this week.

Yes, the class is more difficult to learn than most, but it's not some tiny fraction of the population that's finding success with them. And if people playing them just admitted more readily that they play a powerful solo/smallman class, their arguments might hold more weight. Instead we get denial from minstrels that the class is capable of doing anything whatsoever.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chassis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

Re: [Q2 2020] Minstrel / Pet Charm

#252
hefrocko2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:25 pm
Noashakra wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:20 pm
hefrocko2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:55 pm
most people complaining about minstrels have never played one. charming a high red/purple makes it near impossible to do anything else since the resist rate is 80-90% and people easily kite away from them making the minstrel lose the pet if they want to stay engaged in the fight.
lol you just have to spam a macro on your mouse. On live, it was another story. I never saw a ministrel lose control of his pet here. Never. The macro makes what was a challenge a few could do (keep a red/purple pet in a fight) something every average player can achieve and give them the illusion they are top players...
you obviously have never played a minstrel. You're just one of the bad players who lost a fight and wants to cry about it.
Yeah sure, and if the people who complain about the nerf would be half as good as they are, they would see no problem to have an orange pet instead of a red one.
Keep your delusion on and think you are a high skilled player, while using a spam macro to keep your precious pet.

Re: [Q2 2020] Minstrel / Pet Charm

#254
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:44 am
Keeping high level pets is not hard to do
As long as you know the trick, it’s rather simple.
Learn the mechanic and reap rewards
Another guy who doesn't play ministrel /s
Any scrub with a program can keep the red pet under control. That's why you see rr3 in DF keeping a purple pet under control with more than 90% resist farming the stairs.
That is NOT was was planned in the original game. Even high skilled ranked player were losing the control of their purple pet in fights because macros were not allowed. This was a huge drawback, it was the other side of the coin of having purple pet.
The ministrel lobby will try to make you think that spamming a key is part of the high ceiling high reward mechanic of the ministrel. Make a video where you keep your red/purple pet without a macro in combat, I am waiting.

Re: [Q2 2020] Minstrel / Pet Charm

#255
Noashakra wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:27 pm
Yeah sure, and if the people who complain about the nerf would be half as good as they are, they would see no problem to have an orange pet instead of a red one.
Keep your delusion on and think you are a high skilled player, while using a spam macro to keep your precious pet.
It's the principle. If we surrender to every little whine of skill-less Mids and Hibs crying about Minstrels, the server will turn into a balance trash heap quite soon.

Why do you cry and moan so much about 5% increased defenses and +3 DPS? Does the color red trigger you? Would you rather Minstrels have blue and green BD or SM pets?
Last edited by teiloh on Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [Q2 2020] Minstrel / Pet Charm

#256
Noashakra wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:43 am
The ministrel lobby will try to make you think that spamming a key is part of the high ceiling high reward mechanic of the ministrel. Make a video where you keep your red/purple pet without a macro in combat, I am waiting.
If you ever played the Minstrel class you'd know the problem with recharming in fights is having to target your pet, and then retarget your enemy, or losing it because it runs out of range/los, or because you get stunned.

No one has problems spamming a button, but it's still 10x the work of your entire class.

Re: [Q2 2020] Minstrel / Pet Charm

#257
joshisanonymous wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:26 pm
Weird that it's so easy to find RR3sy runing with red pets then and that minstrels currently make up literally 25% of the top 100 soloers in Alb this week.

Yes, the class is more difficult to learn than most, but it's not some tiny fraction of the population that's finding success with them. And if people playing them just admitted more readily that they play a powerful solo/smallman class, their arguments might hold more weight. Instead we get denial from minstrels that the class is capable of doing anything whatsoever.

Top 100 soloers as in RP per person or solo kills? Minstrels have speed, of course they're going to find lots of kills. Without looking I can guess Skalds are up there too. Nerf Skalds?

Yep, Skalds are 48/250 top soloers, 19.8%. Guess Skalds are OP too? Shadowblades are over 50%. Does that mean they're twice as OP as Minstrels?

Re: [Q2 2020] Minstrel / Pet Charm

#258
teiloh wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:08 am
Noashakra wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:43 am
The ministrel lobby will try to make you think that spamming a key is part of the high ceiling high reward mechanic of the ministrel. Make a video where you keep your red/purple pet without a macro in combat, I am waiting.
If you ever played the Minstrel class you'd know the problem with recharming in fights is having to target your pet, and then retarget your enemy, or losing it because it runs out of range/los, or because you get stunned.

No one has problems spamming a button, but it's still 10x the work of your entire class.
Hahahaha suuure. Man it's good that you self admited that what made the ministrel have a real skill gap is gone on this server.

Re: [Q2 2020] Minstrel / Pet Charm

#259
Noashakra wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:43 am
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:44 am
Keeping high level pets is not hard to do
As long as you know the trick, it’s rather simple.
Learn the mechanic and reap rewards
Another guy who doesn't play ministrel /s
Any scrub with a program can keep the red pet under control. That's why you see rr3 in DF keeping a purple pet under control with more than 90% resist farming the stairs.
That is NOT was was planned in the original game. Even high skilled ranked player were losing the control of their purple pet in fights because macros were not allowed. This was a huge drawback, it was the other side of the coin of having purple pet.
The ministrel lobby will try to make you think that spamming a key is part of the high ceiling high reward mechanic of the ministrel. Make a video where you keep your red/purple pet without a macro in combat, I am waiting.
Are you clueless?
What part of my post contradicts anything you say)

Re: [Q2 2020] Minstrel / Pet Charm

#260
teiloh wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:08 am
Noashakra wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:43 am
The ministrel lobby will try to make you think that spamming a key is part of the high ceiling high reward mechanic of the ministrel. Make a video where you keep your red/purple pet without a macro in combat, I am waiting.
If you ever played the Minstrel class you'd know the problem with recharming in fights is having to target your pet, and then retarget your enemy, or losing it because it runs out of range/los, or because you get stunned.

No one has problems spamming a button, but it's still 10x the work of your entire class.
All easily done with one button macro