Re: [Q2 2020] Events and Event Schedule

I think the arena event isn't the best idea bcs:

this will affect RvR

the higher RR10+ will just reckt all the others

lot of ppl will respec for just being a beast 1v1 2v2 3v3 or other weird groups

In my opinion will be much better if u leave the solo zone and small man zones as they are now with the addition of:

1) a short term (every 30 min or BTW a time u consider fine) rvr task that you can only complete in the solo/small manzone if you win a fairfight

2) prevent those who have won the fairfight task from teleporting back to the solo zone until the next task starts, this for prevent stronger ppl just farm weaker ppl. Make the loser take a little reward or just permit him/them to rejoin the solo/small man zone 1or2 more time

3) make the solo zone an istance so just the fighters can join
I think the 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 6v6 are all great but must coexist with RvR and have their spot sometime and when action lack..

I personally don't like the idea of a WoW-like arena, haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet, so I don't know what it looks like.

Also the reward should be somewhat equivalent to PvE rewards (DS-HoH seasonal).

Otherwise, people who don't like competitive RvR will miss-out.
Never explain, never complain, never pander.

Evants wich are happend too often are no more events, they become day-to-day.

Gilds and Alis, at least best of them organising events for members, you will destroy with too often customised events the guild life.

DAoC was designed for RvR, If we focus on 8vs8 or 1vs 1 it isn't DAoC anymore. Well in limited value it will be even OK, but you should be very careful with. RvR is multi-factorial, each arena is always the same.
Even pro gamers after some runs the arena becoming boring and quit the game very quickly.

I think the arena should be open the entire weekend but have different groupsizes.
So we could have 8v8, 5v5 and 1v1 as the main events, open the entire weekend but one more size changing every some hours like 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 6v6 - or let the smallman size differ from 2v2 to 6v6.
In past events NA time had problems filling groups of 6+ and even 5s so maybe consider always having a 3v3 or 4v4 groupsize event open after EU time is over and until it ramps up again.

-------------------------
Besides the 2 weekends per month arena event being a good idea we need everyday QOL improvements for solos and smallmen. Imo an additional solo and smallmen teleporter at opposing sides of EV is the best idea - imo without changing any of the terrain at all.

What do u think about an account timer for the arena? I'll explain better:

We can have the arena always open but every account can join it only for a determined period of time, for me suonds good 1h/day...in this way all wins bcs when u are getting bored u can have action in the arena, is a fast way for test /templates/builds/RAs vs enemyes and will have minimal effect to global RvR .

Maybe we can add a /command for see how many players are in the arena, for me is much better than an entire day dedicated to the arena, what do u think guys?