Question regarding multiple accounts in the same home.

Started 27 Mar 2020
by Svekt
in Ask the Team
Background :
Both my son and I have an account here on Phoenix. Both accounts are made in the same household. My son only has characters on hib, but rarely plays and when he is going to play its always when I am present due to his age.

Question:
I have characters on all 3 realms however because my son also has an account from the same home I have never gone back to play the other realms...... So am I safe to switch realms as long as my son hasn't played hib in over 4 hours? Or do both accounts have to be logged in and Albion or Midgard selected on both before I can go back to another realm? or am I free to play on the other realms so long as his account isn't logged in and hasn't been logged in within the 4 hours realm switch timer?

I just really want to move around more freely, as he doesn't play much anymore. I just don't want to make him boot up his laptop and game everytime I want to go back to another realm.

Either way, thank you in advance for a response and for this server.
Mon 30 Mar 2020 9:50 AM by Sepplord
Accounts are lockes into their realm for four hours, after that they are free. You don't have to log in other accounts into other realms just to make sure. (Technically you would never be able to switch them at the same exact moment anyways...so one would always be switched before the other)

The rule violation only occurs when any two accounts would be actively logged into different realms within 4hours
Mon 30 Mar 2020 7:44 PM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020 9:50 AM
Accounts are lockes into their realm for four hours, after that they are free. You don't have to log in other accounts into other realms just to make sure. (Technically you would never be able to switch them at the same exact moment anyways...so one would always be switched before the other)

The rule violation only occurs when any two accounts would be actively logged into different realms within 4hours
I think point is logging into other accounts to see if they are still realm locked so you don’t break the rules
Thu 2 Apr 2020 8:40 AM by Centenario
I understand the OP got the answer to his question.
I'd like to add that this rule is very inconvenient (if it is enforced) if my family member wants to play in one realm and me in another, there shouldnt be an issue.
With the current tech: discord, reddit, private message, the x-realm communication is already rampant.
The issue must be then with the x-realm RP farming, which could happen in this situation and GMs don't want to have to run around searching for those people that are X-realm RP-farming or title farming (solo kills).

Then maybe you could activate a command to say: "I agree not to participate in RvR"
Can't TP to frontier zone, can't go to DF. You can still play in the other realm for leveling/crafting.
Tue 7 Apr 2020 12:58 AM by Svekt
Question got answered thank you.
I am able to switch realms as long as my sons account hasn't been logged into an enemy realm in the last 4 hours so I am good. Thanks to those that took the time to respond to my post!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics