Why we keep killing PvE

Started 27 Mar 2020
by VypirX504
in PvE
This thread will probably go nowhere or get shut down by an admin but im gunna type it out anyways.

So we killed MOD pulls seemingly, Because 1 player would start fights and report anyone who came to "his spot". Killing a massive PL and gold/rog farm spot. And 2 days after the guy quits midgard? Were options explored to reduce aggro range? or Maybe move the camps further apart? or even just nerf the spawn rate?

Now we've nerfed necro tanks vs epic mobs seemingly because i guy wants to kill legion and sidi bosses before an entire raid can. Now lynn barfog groups or small man grps that kill SI bosses that NOBODY ever kills and done for without a full fledged tank and 2 healers.

If just feels like every change is a pve nerf and it keeps new players from getting temped and getting into rvr. Instead of punishing the handful of people responsible for the issues.

Maybe its just me and im sure ill catch all kinds of hate from this but i just wanted to put it out there,
Fri 27 Mar 2020 2:53 AM by BuckeyeRJB
Cannot agree more with this.
Fri 27 Mar 2020 5:56 PM by Vendetta
VypirX504 wrote:
Fri 27 Mar 2020 2:49 AM
This thread will probably go nowhere or get shut down by an admin but im gunna type it out anyways.

So we killed MOD pulls seemingly, Because 1 player would start fights and report anyone who came to "his spot". Killing a massive PL and gold/rog farm spot. And 2 days after the guy quits midgard? Were options explored to reduce aggro range? or Maybe move the camps further apart? or even just nerf the spawn rate?

Now we've nerfed necro tanks vs epic mobs seemingly because i guy wants to kill legion and sidi bosses before an entire raid can. Now lynn barfog groups or small man grps that kill SI bosses that NOBODY ever kills and done for without a full fledged tank and 2 healers.

If just feels like every change is a pve nerf and it keeps new players from getting temped and getting into rvr. Instead of punishing the handful of people responsible for the issues.

Maybe its just me and im sure ill catch all kinds of hate from this but i just wanted to put it out there,

My 2 copper...

This game is literally full of people who like to grief others, They really dont care about anyone else but themselves. Sorry but it is a fact. You have people who have built an amazing freeshard, and do not get paid to deal with issues, or to continuously update the game, and they are trying to implement small changes that are designed to stop the idiots from griefing the rest of the server, and reduce all the damn drama created by these people that add nothing to the game, and only create problems.

Sorry - but that's the reality.

Im all for tweaks, even if it impacts my gameplay - just to keep the server healthy. I want this server to be healthy for years to come.
Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:35 AM by Centenario
Also look at the ban forum, lots of people getting banned for afk script farming.
If a spot is too easy to script-farm it should be nerfed also; its sad, but we have to direct our anger to afk-script-farmers!
Mon 30 Mar 2020 5:05 PM by Phosteak
I'm going to start this off by saying this is the best DAoC server that's existed since pre-ToA live. I think the devs, GMs, and CSR personnel have done a lovely job of creating the best experience possible given that this is a passion project and not their careers.

That being said, you can't please everyone. I'll be the first person to tell you that I quit the moment they announced they'd be switching to New Frontiers - I quit for almost a year. I thoroughly enjoyed the 8man dynamic in OF and it was both nostalgic and familiar. I felt like the "poll" they did asking players if they'd prefer to play NF was done when OF tasks and keeps were stale and broken, I'd even say they just never gave it a fair shot of competing against something like a totally new experience so the poll was already favoring the fresh and new rather than the old and broken; it was no surprise that NF was voted in.

In terms of PVE content, this game has always favored simple mindless farming for leveling and zerg raiding for gearing up in place of strategic questing/grouping/dungeons and mechanically intense raids. It's silly to try to change that but we have to understand that they can't just let the leveling experience become trivial and that will effect new players.

There are people with 300%+ DS Bonus right now that can effectively get PL'd to 50 in less than 5 hours dependent on the mob type bonus and their ability to get specific camps. That trivializes the experience - no if ands or buts. They're not "killing" PVE, they're just adjusting it to account for these situations. Do I agree with it? No. I think that having as many people at level 50 out in NFs running RvR is the most important thing. But you know why I think that? Because it means more in experienced, low RR players with little to no knowledge of their freshly PL'd level 50 feeding me realm points. It also means more dynamic 8 mans that don't have to invest 1-2 days of leveling and 2-3 raids of feathers giving me more of a challenge. I'm the minority and you might be too.

I think our best bet is to trust that the people running this are doing their best to create the most enjoyable experience for everyone. Whether you're a hardcore 8 man steamrolling bloodthirsty machine or a 75 year old solo Bonedancer that's been solo killing greens at level 45 for 6 months straight. They're making these changes because they feel that they serve the majority of the player base.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics