[Q2 2020] Consignment Merchant and Rent Payment

Started 25 Mar 2020
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
This change is part of a series of changes: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=99782

At some point emails will go out when your rent is due in 5 days, you will be able to opt out of this email. Once this email is in place and working as intended there will be a date announced after which the consignment merchant will no longer pay for the rent, selling things in the consignment merchant will afterwards directly go to your account balance or guild balance.

The primary reason is that many many lots are still occupied by people that are no longer playing and due to the low rent prices and large amounts of platin in the consignment merchants this likely won't change.
Wed 25 Mar 2020 3:31 PM by joy
That'll help the housing market nicely.

You could, except for guild houses, make the CM money just be 'account balance'.
When you introduce this and people have money on their CM to cover it you can take CM money to max house rent, then rest to 'account balance'.

If it is a personal house, there is no real reason to have money both on CM, and on 'account', if the CM no longer will be able to cover rent like before.
Wed 25 Mar 2020 4:18 PM by Sepplord
I am a fan of freeing up houses if inactive players but there should be an option to somehow pay rent for more than 4weeks then

I regularly play but am on vavation once a year for 4-5weeks and this change would force me to lose the house
Wed 25 Mar 2020 4:25 PM by Ryanimal
Great idea, though I think you should be able to pay up to 1.5-2 months instead of 1 month.
Wed 25 Mar 2020 4:37 PM by Astaa
Great idea, will not only help the market in general but mean housing is accessible for all.
Wed 25 Mar 2020 5:28 PM by Laviski
need to allow pay rent for 2/3 months.
Rather unfair to those that have commitments that take away from gaming for long periods of time.
Wed 25 Mar 2020 5:41 PM by Bumblina
Currently our guild account is at maximum money. How does this affect this system? I am unable to add any more money into the guild account. 100p is maximum.
Wed 25 Mar 2020 5:44 PM by Centenario
There should be more incentives to buy a larger house with larger rent cost.
Maybe consignment merchant has only 1 page for size 1 house, and 2 pages for size 2 house.
Maybe consignment merchant only available from size 2 house.
Maybe rent can gradually increase until it reaches the cost of size n+1 house.

In the game Rust, there is durability, if you dont repair your buildings they get destroyed.
So make it so we have to log in and type /repair every 3 months.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 2:16 AM by daytonchambers
Laviski wrote:
Wed 25 Mar 2020 5:28 PM
need to allow pay rent for 2/3 months.
Rather unfair to those that have commitments that take away from gaming for long periods of time.

Define long periods of time. Technically all the houses that are still being paid for have owners that may return after a "long period of time"

Six weeks rent prepaid tops. If you don't log into the game for a month and a half, even for 3 min to pay your rent, you SHOULD lose it so that an active player can make a home here.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 7:00 PM by Laviski
I did define it.
some people paid a lot of plats for their lot's, premium price for location. 2/3 months is fair - anyone gone longer than that length most likely won't come back.

However even by admins own admission a lot of players returned due to the current global situation where most are at home now, if this rule is implemented as is and people lose out it will leave a sour taste and truly never return. To maintain healthy population need to get new players while also enticing players to return.
Sun 29 Mar 2020 12:40 AM by Psylence
Removing consignment merchant payments needs to come with one of two additional changes:

- Remove the realm swap timer so that players can pay rent without punishment
- Add a system that allows players to pay rent in one realm while playing from a different realm

I don't play Hibernia very often, but it is (oddly enough) the one and only realm in which I have a house. I always get notifications when logging into Alb/Mid that the rent is due, but I know I'm covered by my consignment merchant.

Much appreciated,
- Psylence
Sun 29 Mar 2020 12:55 AM by Kurbsen
Psylence wrote:
Sun 29 Mar 2020 12:40 AM
Removing consignment merchant payments needs to come with one of two additional changes:

- Remove the realm swap timer so that players can pay rent without punishment
- Add a system that allows players to pay rent in one realm while playing from a different realm

you can already pay rent on any realm with /payrent command. (+1 to realm timer tho)

Is it possible to make different instances of housing? basically opens up a whole new fresh zone of houses where you can just port to that zone for that specific house? something how live has it now?
Sun 29 Mar 2020 3:16 AM by easytoremember
Are you unable to just force evict a player's house(s) when their last login was after x months? Consignment payments are convenient because of the lockbox capping to 4 weeks

Also hypothetically how many houses would be freed up if you purged all guild houses?
Wed 1 Apr 2020 11:24 PM by Keyoke
Need a bigger house lockbox with this change please.
Tue 7 Apr 2020 3:31 PM by jlxharville
Can we please push these changes through? Me and my friend are unable to buy a house on Hibernia.

This is stifling our character growth. For us, the only profitable trade-skill right now is SC and we have to be on for it basically.

PLEASE PUSH IT THROUGH THANK YOU.
Tue 7 Apr 2020 3:59 PM by tonosutono84
Yes,
I agree.
Push this through.
Tue 7 Apr 2020 4:08 PM by hefrocko2
please push through, let the young blood who are active have a shot at home ownership since they can't afford the +30p lots available now
Tue 7 Apr 2020 4:11 PM by jlxharville
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 29 Mar 2020 3:16 AM
Are you unable to just force evict a player's house(s) when their last login was after x months? Consignment payments are convenient because of the lockbox capping to 4 weeks

Also hypothetically how many houses would be freed up if you purged all guild houses?

I actually like this idea - provided people have a fair warning to log in.

Do a broadcast email to all players saying "We will be force evicting anyone's house who has not logged in for x amount of time"

Then make the consignment merchant changes.

The players who care will log in. All the players who had tons of money on the merchant and don't play anymore, or don't care, free up.
Tue 7 Apr 2020 9:15 PM by Laviski
its an alternative and would be better than the proposed measures.
that or increase the lock box to 8-12 weeks worth of rent. 4 weeks is just too small if merchant can no longer cover rent.
Wed 8 Apr 2020 10:07 AM by Sepplord
Another thing to consider (especially in the current situation) are people that had an accident and are just not able to log in for some time. Should they lose their house because they had an accident or got heavily ill?
We are not allowed to log in someone elses account anymore... we can't log in for a friend that is in the hospital and pay their rent.

4weeks imo is just a too short period to take away someone house imo.

i understand that it sucks for new people that they can't get a merchant up and running, but it somehow has to bebalanced VS taking away a house from someone who put in plats and time to set it up earlier. Yes...having a longer period means that it takes longer before houses actually get freed up, but having it very short fucks over people that would come back. And maybe it turns them off enough that they leave again after seeing their house is gone.

I don't have actual numbers, but maybe the staff could consider just taking away houses from people that did not log in for 4+ or maybe even 6+months. How many slots would that make available? I know having an automatic system via rent is a much easier implementation and puts a lot less work onto staff (that are working for free, we shouldn't forget) but the downsides of such a move COULD outweigh the positives. I don't know. Overshooting the goal would make the housing zone also look pretty empty and sad too...
Wed 8 Apr 2020 10:30 AM by MrWolf
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 8 Apr 2020 10:07 AM
Another thing to consider (especially in the current situation) are people that had an accident and are just not able to log in for some time. Should they lose their house because they had an accident or got heavily ill?

think in that cases an house in a game should be the least important thing to think about imho...
Wed 8 Apr 2020 11:02 AM by Sepplord
MrWolf wrote:
Wed 8 Apr 2020 10:30 AM
Sepplord wrote:

think in that cases an house in a game should be the least important thing to think about imho...

who said anything about that being a priority in that situation? I am talking about when someone comes back.

It sounds like your argument is: "Person A who is currently playing, should get the house of personB that is in the hospital, because personB has more important things to think about now anyways..."

If so, that's a really poor argument
Wed 8 Apr 2020 12:49 PM by Centenario
On alb, plots for houses are being sold at around 20pp.
I personally will not spend 20pp for a plot, I'd rather wait for the fix, would like to see a fix before May 2020

However, some of my guildmates recently bought plots at 18pp+ so there is a market at this price.

Could be that the prices for all plots can have a minimum price of 5pp instead of 300g.
Maybe also put pricier houses (5pp for basic house)
Also market is flooded with items, maybe consignment merchant should be 9pp and porch 1pp.
Thu 9 Apr 2020 1:53 PM by imweasel
Is it possible to have two house rent lock boxes?

Have one for the current rent and have another that costs x amount more weekly rent (just for arguments sake say double) that could hold an additional months rent?

This "secondary" rent lock box would only be tapped into when the primary rent lock box is empty.

Then send an email notifying the house owner that their primary rent box is empty and that rent would be coming out of the more expensive secondary rent box.

I would also make the secondary rent box be able to be filled only by a toon having to put the money directly into the house and not by the /payrent command.

Thoughts?
Sat 18 Apr 2020 2:39 PM by necrolove1
Has this change been implemented already? if not we need it. After the PvE event the market took a big hit from all the people building templates, In my little village i am the only person with items on my merchant, it's kinda sad.

IMO make the lockbox 8weeks max and leave it there and implement.
Mon 20 Apr 2020 9:14 AM by gruenesschaf
In the update later today the following changes will be made:

- the rent cap will be increased to 6 weeks
- money that is currently in the consignment merchants will be used to fill the rent box up to 6 weeks
- rent payments will no longer happen via the consignment merchant

In an update later this week the following changes will be made:

- housing purchases will go directly to the account balance (personal houses) or guild balance (guild houses)
- money that is still in the consignment merchants will be moved to the account or guild balance
Mon 20 Apr 2020 11:03 AM by Uthred
the funds in the consignment merchant are no longer used for rent payments

Check todays patch notes: ---> https://playphoenix.online/patch-notes
Mon 20 Apr 2020 12:53 PM by hefrocko2
A much needed change, now to wait 6 weeks for houses to become available. Thanks for implementing this to help the active players.
Tue 21 Apr 2020 9:55 AM by Astaa
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 8 Apr 2020 11:02 AM
MrWolf wrote:
Wed 8 Apr 2020 10:30 AM
Sepplord wrote:

who said anything about that being a priority in that situation? I am talking about when someone comes back.

It sounds like your argument is: "Person A who is currently playing, should get the house of personB that is in the hospital, because personB has more important things to think about now anyways..."

If so, that's a really poor argument

Well, there will be other plots when they get back, there are 1800 house slots on hib (I presume its the same for alb and mid) which is plenty for active players, returning from a break or not.

Edit, before this change there were houses sat there for months and months where the players are unlikely to come back any time soon.
Tue 21 Apr 2020 10:01 AM by Sepplord
Astaa wrote:
Tue 21 Apr 2020 9:55 AM
Well, there will be other plots when they get back, there are 1800 house slots on hib (I presume its the same for alb and mid) which is plenty for active players, returning from a break or not.

Edit, before this change there were houses sat there for months and months were the players are unlikely to come back any time soon.

Might be, might not be. Premium housenumbers that always show on page1 or 2 of the searchresults will be very expensive to rebuy. Someone who put a lot of hours into setting up/decorating their house etc...

But the point overall is still a good one, if there are plenty plots for everyone, loosing your initial house is a smaller problem.

The implementation they chose with the increase of the rentbox to 6weeks is a nice compromise imo
Sat 25 Apr 2020 8:50 AM by hefrocko2
Can you remove the /housing empty command now that houses will be more readily available? Will allow people who are more committed to finding a plot of land they like more freedom to roam, rather than having anyone able to snipe houses at will. Will also increase the chance they can wait for price to drop lower.
Sun 12 Jul 2020 12:12 AM by Networth1010
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 25 Mar 2020 3:12 PM
This change is part of a series of changes: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=99782

At some point emails will go out when your rent is due in 5 days, you will be able to opt out of this email. Once this email is in place and working as intended there will be a date announced after which the consignment merchant will no longer pay for the rent, selling things in the consignment merchant will afterwards directly go to your account balance or guild balance.

The primary reason is that many many lots are still occupied by people that are no longer playing and due to the low rent prices and large amounts of platin in the consignment merchants this likely won't change.
Hello Shinron here logged in recently and noticed I have no house which i'm not too worried about but the 16 Plat that was on there I am worried about no guild house or not in account what happen to it??
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics