If you could remove 1 thing from "RVR" from each realm, what would it be?

Started 22 Mar 2020
by Expfighter
in RvR

Hibernia = Pilzpowers fungus friends aka Shrooms ALL OF THEM!
Midgard = Grumpy and his merry band of alliance lemmings! jk….. Bone Dancers
Albion = Minstrel Pet

and from the Frontiers itself = Agramon/EV

Discuss
Sun 22 Mar 2020 10:13 PM by defiasbandit
23 million range instant amnesia
Sun 22 Mar 2020 10:24 PM by Expfighter
defiasbandit wrote:
Sun 22 Mar 2020 10:13 PM
23 million range instant amnesia

yea it's BS
Sun 22 Mar 2020 11:31 PM by mattymc
I would remove all who dont't actually play the Game --- Euro Alb zerg who <at least lately>are Hib lap dogs and simply refuse to get their own relics back --- pathetic. Play the GAME or be removed
Sun 22 Mar 2020 11:40 PM by gotwqqd
Same from each

The elitist dogs/pigs that hold their precious 1v1, small v small, 8v8 above their realm mates and disengage the enemy
Mon 23 Mar 2020 12:56 AM by 2flare
New Frontiers
Mon 23 Mar 2020 5:56 AM by Forlornhope
Garbage stealth groups
Mon 23 Mar 2020 7:08 AM by Isavyr
Albion: Minstrel pets no longer lose CC when released
Midgard: Bds lose insta body debuff
Hibernia: Amnesia only drops speed off targets facing you or in combat
Mon 23 Mar 2020 10:16 AM by MeatBicycle
Generally Stealth Groups. And the massive use of aoe RAs like twf, st and so on which have way too much impact on larger fights.

No Removals, but changes for those mechanics:
Hib= Instant amnesia
Alb= Minstrel Pet Mechanic
Mid= BDs but to be honest i played mostly Mid and didn't make experiences on phoenix with mids as enemies so i can't really say what bothers me the most
Mon 23 Mar 2020 11:05 AM by shintacki
People who tell me how I should play the game and people who use the term "realm pride."
Mon 23 Mar 2020 11:35 AM by Lefreak
Climb the towers and keeps.... killing the defense

Hibs = shrooms
Albs = Minstrel pets healer and to much high level
Mids = to much skalds loll

Tytyty
RR6 Hunter
Mon 23 Mar 2020 1:38 PM by bigne88
Free rps to doors killers.
Remove all stealthers.
Mon 23 Mar 2020 2:29 PM by Holborn
RVR make it a PVE only game, give all players a realm points as they level so at 50 they would be RR5!
Tue 24 Mar 2020 12:24 PM by protege
Hib - Balanced for the most part
Mid - Balanced for the most part
Alb - Minstrel pets are still ridiculous on this server (Don't remove, but balance)
Tue 24 Mar 2020 5:41 PM by Durzo
Amnesia
Savage 360 Evade
Minstrel charming red/purple pets
Tue 24 Mar 2020 9:07 PM by kedelin
make amnesia 200o units
bd insta LT 8 sec reuse
minstrel pet doesn't loose cc on release or make insta charm have a 15 sec reuse if pet is released in combat
Wed 25 Mar 2020 1:48 PM by Fugax
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 22 Mar 2020 11:40 PM
Same from each

The elitist dogs/pigs that hold their precious 1v1, small v small, 8v8 above their realm mates and disengage the enemy

Well freaking said!
Wed 25 Mar 2020 7:24 PM by daytonchambers
Expfighter wrote:
Sun 22 Mar 2020 10:12 PM

Hibernia = Pilzpowers fungus friends aka Shrooms ALL OF THEM!
Personally I think all FnF pets are stupid, and should absolutely die when the caster dies. And/or eliminate them alltogether and convert the spell into a single specialized perma-pet.

Midgard = Grumpy and his merry band of alliance lemmings! jk….. Bone Dancers
BDs are fine for the most part, but the LT shout range should be brought in line with many of the other damage shouts in game and have a 700 unit range. 1500units on 4s cooldown makes them godly in the interrupt game.

Albion = Minstrel Pet
The mincer pet spell needs a cost beyond spell resist. Either the endo cost per cast needs to be brought back and/or add a power cost per cast.
A cooldown on it, which is very common on pretty much every other chant in the game, would be a reasonable nerf as well.

The Mentalist spell which is identical in almost every way eats up to 7pp every 10s there's no reason why the mincer spell has zero of these costs nor does it have a cooldown.

If I try to skip what you already posted and stick to group content issues my own wish list would be:

Hibernia - Amnesia should be the same range as bolt mez on a Sorc.
Midgard - Too many classes that can climb walls. Pair this with GtAoE commonly available to Darkcarvers and there's zero point trying to use a defensive structure in RvR.
Albion - Earth wiz has too many toys, over double what some other spec lines have. Lose their aoe dot, that's a cabby's job.

RvR in general:
Static Tempest resetting stun cooldown is stupid.
GtAoe abuse needs to be fixed like TWF was, and/or it needs a radius reduction.
Resist debuffs pushing you into negative resistances needs to go. This was fixed on live, no reason it cant be fixed here. This will help topple the caster group dominance on the server without making the spell itself irrelevant.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 7:12 AM by inoeth
gotwqqd wrote:
Same from each

did you die while adding? good!
Fri 27 Mar 2020 7:45 AM by SlowMo
Stealth grps/zergs
Fri 27 Mar 2020 10:09 AM by Wolfir666
Mhm, can't come up with anything realm-specific that i'd totally remove, as it makes all realms somewhat unique, and we don't want W-whatever-W here..

So how about naming 3 things in general:

1) Whiners
2) Elitists
3) Macro-Users

There
And yes, those exist in all realms ^^
Fri 27 Mar 2020 12:48 PM by Gohanssj
gotwqqd wrote:
Same from each

Hahaha funny.

Why would people have realm pride when they play across all 3 realms and the game is 20 years old?

a lot of people paly for the challenge of fair fights, myself included, and we honestly cannot understand why anyone would enjoy zerging? there is zero challenge, just full on stick and click mentality that rolls absolutely everything.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm fairly sure most of those that disengage take absolute pleasure from watching skilless noobs die when they don't have a 4 to 1 advantage ^^

If i had to remove anything it would be zergs, if 2 groups are running together they should get zero rpts, should be no reward for being a mindless zombie
Fri 27 Mar 2020 1:20 PM by Patron
The spirit of a equality of the Realms in the head of players and staffmembers!
Fri 27 Mar 2020 3:11 PM by mattymc
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 27 Mar 2020 12:48 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Same from each

Hahaha funny.

Why would people have realm pride when they play across all 3 realms and the game is 20 years old?

a lot of people paly for the challenge of fair fights, myself included, and we honestly cannot understand why anyone would enjoy zerging? there is zero challenge, just full on stick and click mentality that rolls absolutely everything.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm fairly sure most of those that disengage take absolute pleasure from watching skilless noobs die when they don't have a 4 to 1 advantage ^^

If i had to remove anything it would be zergs, if 2 groups are running together they should get zero rpts, should be no reward for being a mindless zombie

You really dont have any idea --- can you have a fair 8 v 8 if the OTHER 8 is craptastic????? You can ONLY have a challenge IF there is SOME form of equality/fairness balance --- I have been in GREAT 50 v 50 and greater fights ; I have been in 32 v 72 fights trhat we have won and had a blast overcoming the odds -- way more fun than running over a pug with a set 8 --- or even and more likely running over solo's / small's --- there is zero fun in rolling over anything --- the fact you think that only happens in zergs or even primarily in zergs is LAUGHABLE.

I have run 8 and small for years and I can have just as much fun in a HUGE fight as I can in any other kind -- to deny that makes you look silly <that is the kindest word I can use>---- to actually be good at 8 you have to play with the same folks quite a bit --- MOST players can't do that, they have actual productive lives --- FFS it's an MMORPG, not an 8 man or solo game -
Sat 28 Mar 2020 7:10 AM by maligned86
Gohanssj wrote:

all the while their 8 man runs over every single solo/small man they come across. amazing logic.
Sat 28 Mar 2020 12:50 PM by Nunki
Gohanssj wrote:
A lot of people paly for the challenge of fair fights, myself included, and we honestly cannot understand why anyone would enjoy zerging? there is zero challenge, just full on stick and click mentality that rolls absolutely everything.
There are different levels of management and coordination in this game.
You can simply steamroll with 100 players or 8 players (yes, running over a rr4 pug with a rr10 sg is steamrolling too), as we see it every day.
It is totally the same procedure.

Coordinating 100 players CAN be as challenging as coordinating 8 players, just in another way.

DAoC was meant to be RvRvR not 8x8, which is the reason that we never had any type of Arena in this game.

If you ever managed to wipe 100 players with 24 players, you know the challenge.
If you ever made a difference with your group in a 100vs100 fight, you know the challenge.
If you ever managed to rupt and control 50+ players as ONE solo player, you know the challenge.

Play the way you like, but don't tell others how to play.
Sat 28 Mar 2020 2:05 PM by Ashenspire
I'd remove disease from all three realms.

Strength reduction AND healing reduction AND completely removes passive regeneration AND a snare that lasts for 2 minutes.

Fuck right the fuck off.
Sat 28 Mar 2020 2:53 PM by MrWolf
Ashenspire wrote:
Sat 28 Mar 2020 2:05 PM
I'd remove disease from all three realms.

Strength reduction AND healing reduction AND completely removes passive regeneration AND a snare that lasts for 2 minutes.

Fuck right the fuck off.

Yeah just remove all melee from the game so we can all play the stun nuke nuke with 2seconds ttk 24/7/365
Tue 7 Apr 2020 4:08 PM by Spiegal
Above 50 lvl pet...
Wed 8 Apr 2020 11:34 PM by hefrocko2
Midgard - BD instant LT
Hibernia - Bard instant Amnesia
Albion - Pole anytime snare

All - 8-man 3 day ban for xrealming (letting another realm kill your realm then neither of you attack each other while you wait for your RAs to come back up and zerg any solo/small-man you see in the meantime with your hypocrisy - because that's the only way you can build RPs)
Thu 9 Apr 2020 2:33 PM by Echoic
hefrocko2 wrote:
Wed 8 Apr 2020 11:34 PM
All - 8-man 3 day ban for xrealming (letting another realm kill your realm then neither of you attack each other while you wait for your RAs to come back up and zerg any solo/small-man you see in the meantime with your hypocrisy - because that's the only way you can build RPs)

So how about the people who add onto /gvg fights? They should be slaughtered like pigs
Thu 9 Apr 2020 5:49 PM by Idra
Positionnals stuns on dual celtic/scythe
Tue 14 Apr 2020 8:42 AM by Sepplord
Echoic wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 2:33 PM
hefrocko2 wrote:

So how about the people who add onto /gvg fights? They should be slaughtered like pigs

Agree, unless the groups fighting on the highway like bledmeer docks claim that they are looking for a /fairfight there
Wed 15 Apr 2020 1:46 AM by dougrighteous1
i pretty much hate the length of cc. i get it. thats how the games balanced. but standing still for 40 seconds, then getting stunned for 9 and dying, without being able to do anything is not my idea of fun.
Wed 15 Apr 2020 7:01 AM by Idra
dougrighteous1 wrote:
Wed 15 Apr 2020 1:46 AM
i pretty much hate the length of cc. i get it. thats how the games balanced. but standing still for 40 seconds, then getting stunned for 9 and dying, without being able to do anything is not my idea of fun.

Totally agree, CC could be cut by half and still got interest as soon as everybody can be killed in assist while slam stunned, 1 min mezz/root is way too long.
Wed 15 Apr 2020 7:23 AM by sleeve
Minstrel pet mechanic

And 8man stealth groups
Wed 15 Apr 2020 10:35 AM by inoeth
remove zerg, punish add
Fri 17 Apr 2020 12:48 PM by Dahuun
hefrocko2 wrote:
Midgard - BD instant LT
Hibernia - Bard instant Amnesia
Albion - Pole anytime snare

Rly? Pole snare? after the last Minstrel nerf, u kill all alb grps with that idea
Fri 17 Apr 2020 1:33 PM by Kimahri
Take 25 value from champ debuffs, physical defense from bonedancers and remove stealth from minstrels to eliminate alb cancer stealth groups.
Sat 18 Apr 2020 7:05 PM by Bnisbet
Hib - animist shrooms being able to hit you at the top of keep from the bottom of the keep
Mid - maelstrom or twf off bd, not fair that they have both
Alb - more popular classes having twf and st like on mid/hib
I think this would make the game a lot more fun for all realms and make it more balanced
Wed 22 Apr 2020 7:01 PM by Expfighter
Kimahri wrote:
Fri 17 Apr 2020 1:33 PM
Take 25 value from champ debuffs, physical defense from bonedancers and remove stealth from minstrels to eliminate alb cancer stealth groups.

I like those suggestions
Fri 24 Apr 2020 2:12 PM by Noashakra
Mid: remove the life drain from the bd and replace it with a DD
Hib: shrooms on oil
Alb: ability to charm red pets
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics