/level 20

Started 1 Jun 2019
by bennykins_tv
in Open Community Votes
Yay or nay?

I know it only takes a little bit of time to get to lvl 20 on phoenix, but i think for those that already have a lvl 50 a /lvl 20 would be beneficial to the server.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 7:51 AM by vbt
I say yay. I appreciate the qol changes that have been made to make the lvl process faster. I do feel that as population seems to decline a bit and xp groups are more scarce the xp rate should be increased as well. This would help people get 50 faster and into endgame rvr/farming
Sat 1 Jun 2019 12:06 PM by florin
Nay - /level makes starter zones desolate and the destroys early group dynamics and relationships that last through out the game for both experienced players and new ones. Leveling rate is good in my opinion.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 2:13 PM by gotwqqd
I’d say /40....but only from level 30!
Sat 1 Jun 2019 4:44 PM by teiloh
No for me.

imo, give ramping bonuses for hitting milestones or completing quests, much like the DS bonus.

Each 50 you have should give you and your group mates a stacking XP bonus, account wide. 5% maybe?
Sat 1 Jun 2019 4:59 PM by kiectred
Hard no. Easy enough as it is, + what Florin said.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 5:40 PM by Boltman
No way, /level and task dungeons are what killed the live population. It makes it so that if you are an established player, all you have to do is play with your established friends/guildies. Anyone new to the game or realm are left alone with a ghost town in the starter areas and those are the places where people tend to group up more freely, creating new relationships.

Have a little patience and bring the new blood up so you have more people to play with, instead of less.
Sun 2 Jun 2019 12:02 AM by Anelyn77
No. If you actually play from 1-20 you have a high chance to meet new peeps, make new friends, play together and have fun, it's not all about solo xp or bomb groups.
Sun 2 Jun 2019 1:05 AM by Jafeeio
New players need to both have some time to get accustomed to the game and ideally have someone that knows some spots in the early game.
/level 20 was probably the single worst idea that Mythic ever came up with. Let's divide all the new players from the veterans and let them figure everything out or just quit at level 3.

Leveling is already very fast from 1-20 with constant spot-switching which is not ideal. Increasing exp further (like an exp bonus for veterans) would just complicate things imho, but something like a certain number of feathers or bountypoints per level could shave off some time for the umpteenth alt that some of us are making
Sun 2 Jun 2019 6:30 PM by stinsfire
I usually hit level 25-30 on the first day I create a toon.. I think thats already easy enough.

No reason to leave newcomers without knowledgable players who can show them spots and give advice on specs.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 1:45 AM by Sixin2082
No. Do not ruin low level groups for new players.

Leveling to 20 doesn't even take that long, especially when you're already established.
Mon 3 Jun 2019 3:51 PM by Eidorf
It's a big yes from me providing you already have a 50 on the account.

I would even advocate /level to 50 but build in more fun ways to get template worthy items (not mindless feather farming in Galla etc)
Fri 7 Jun 2019 2:10 PM by boing1
also an /nay ... nope and no ... the most facts people listed in herer. i could agree. it killed most of fun. and made a great disadvantage for new players... and also for those who want to get to know a class..
Mon 10 Jun 2019 6:51 AM by MacPrior
A /Level20 - just NO!!!
But once per Account/Realm a /Level 50 would be nice. It will help to new player or returned player to take part in RvR with a class they would like to play. But all other twinks everyone could level by normal way.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 9:36 PM by Pendalith
Please no level 20 , it will make < lv 20 area empty and affect the server negatively for new players.
Tue 11 Jun 2019 7:19 AM by LordK
Yay!
Wed 12 Jun 2019 5:31 PM by Glenad
Get to know people? I don't wanna get to know any more of you freaks, I've pretty much solo'ed all 5 of my 50's
Thu 13 Jun 2019 12:01 AM by Kohi
Seriously ? NAY. How many more sugar candies do u guys need from Phoenix ? U can lvl nearly any class solo in no time, no need for /level 20 shortcut.
This being said, enough people running around with 50s and still not knowing to play their class. Wish there would be some final exam before getting 50, lol.

Me (spiritmaster) : can i have an acuity buff + qui/dex plz ?
Shaman : sry, i'm ooc.
Me : i'll drop the red str/con + red endu buff u gave me instead, and u still can buff yellows instead of reds. Btw, yourself, skald and thane don't need acuity...
Thu 13 Jun 2019 5:44 AM by Kylowatt
+1 Yep !
Sun 16 Jun 2019 2:13 AM by lolhisup
"new players." lol
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics