Cata classes in a classic setting.

Started 27 Apr 2019
by Dramead
in Suggestions
Would love to see what other players think of this .. I love OF and NF so that part does not matter to me . Even old RA's .. I am missing playing some of the classes from cata that I grew to love . And before you say go play live .. Live is a horrible no skill all gear ( wow ) game . I miss the time when cata classes were new. Do not need ToA, ML, CL, none of that crap.. Just good ole cata classes but in the current setting of the game here on Phoenix .

Anyone else miss these classes or are most of you all STUCK in the old old school DAoC ? If thats really the case then why even have the SI classes ? Not a fan of mirrored classes so I did not mention the Mauler. But I would be on board for that as well .. No reason we can not enjoy the full game and all of its classes . The phoenix team has done a great job in getting custom fixes for classes that need them. I am sure they can give us a great version of all these classes as well ..
Sat 27 Apr 2019 2:35 PM by Auranyte
Vampiir causes too many balance issues on its own with basically being fulled buffed all the time. I'm sure the other 4 classes cause major balance headaches as well.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 2:48 PM by Dramead
Auranyte wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 2:35 PM
Vampiir causes too many balance issues on its own with basically being fulled buffed all the time. I'm sure the other 4 classes cause major balance headaches as well.

So a good custom fix to that would be to remove the inherent buffs then right ? Make them need buff just like everyone else ..

EDIT : and why were at can decrease locks DOT dmg to match other dot classes . also restricting chamber use to once every 4 to 6 sec would work..
Sat 27 Apr 2019 2:57 PM by Auranyte
Unsure how much the devs can actually change. I remember vamp stat increases were baked into the class on each level up.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 3:14 PM by Stoertebecker
You would cry with a warlock like he was at Cata Release, and you would cry even more about a warlock/healer combo as they are today on live
Sat 27 Apr 2019 7:34 PM by The Skies Asunder
I wouldn't mind seeing most of the Catacombs classes, if they were adjusted for this setting. I absolutely loved Valkyrie. That said, they would probably all be at least somewhat difficult to balance properly, and possibly not worth the time.

P.S. Never Vampiir.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:25 PM by Vkejai
I would love to see cata classes.
Sat 4 May 2019 2:50 PM by bettercasey
What versions of these classes? iirc the first version of valkyrie was garbage and warlocks were one shotting with bolts if not 3 ticking people with dots.
Wed 8 May 2019 10:30 AM by nicolas
Warlock no thanks
Vamp no thanks
Tics no thanks
Valkyrie no thanks

Enough said ?

Toa on first version was amazing content and lifetime play to achieve anything for the game. Maybe a mix with credit and feathers to activate artys without farming scrolls and xping them could be nice. Same for mls make them buyable with bounty or feathers. Can add very fun in playstyle. For the rest i am completly against.
Thu 23 May 2019 7:37 AM by Chuba
nicolas wrote:
Wed 8 May 2019 10:30 AM
Warlock no thanks
Vamp no thanks
Tics no thanks
Valkyrie no thanks

Enough said ?

You forgot to say banshee no thanks
Fri 24 May 2019 12:37 AM by Leandrys
Vamps, Banshees and WL in their 1.0 versions, nope, TYVM BUT NOPE.

Specially the WL, they'd be able to one-tap tanks with a bit of RR on Phoenix. =/
Sun 26 May 2019 8:50 PM by Tharlin
I would like to see all classes.

There are always people whining about balances. The truth is: There will never be a 100% balance. Just stick to it and have fun playing.

So I give us Vamps, Locks and the other things.
Fri 7 Jun 2019 2:19 PM by boing1
no cata classes please , i loved them on live, but they where really unbalanced for the rvr-situations.

i vote for luri druid or bards XD or some minotaurs.....
Fri 7 Jun 2019 3:54 PM by Tiberium
I would love to see cata classes. Specially the heretic.
Fri 7 Jun 2019 4:44 PM by Leandrys
I'd like to see more classes, a lot, but oh boy, there would be a lot of work to balance things like WL, vampiir and bainshee to make them kind of balanced into the current RvR.

Heretic and Valkyrie would be fine in their initial state at release iirc.
Sat 8 Jun 2019 9:01 AM by Haruspex
I'd love to see the Catacombs classes come in. You'd have to make the Warlock not hte original release version but the nerfed version of that skill setup (when everyone was like 43 Witchcraft for the Dot and Lifetap and Snare etc) and change the Vampiir stat buffs so that they're less than what a person can get with full buffs but maybe a little more or equal than what people can achieve with Charges and pots. But hell yes, I'd love to be able to play them.

But I'd also love to see New Frontiers with Old Bridge Towers. I hate Old Frontiers.

And ToA with fixed non grindy stuff like no leveling Artifacts and ML's completable with 4 to 8 people.

That content would be amazing.
Sat 8 Jun 2019 1:51 PM by gotwqqd
If you want all these things why not simply go play live
Sat 8 Jun 2019 6:12 PM by Dex
I could do without most of the catacombs classes I think. I would like to have the catacombs PvE content though. For that matter, the Labyrinth was great, I really miss that place. What came with that? Mauler? As far as I can recall that class was never a problem, so extra flavor never hurts.

I'd even love to play the ToA pve content w/o everything else it introduced. I loved the play experience of my javelin throwing NS Stormlord becoming a siege force to be reckoned with, and I also loved the utility of the secondary ML line that gave me a heal and maybe something else. That stuff made the game really fun to me. On the other hand, just to state one problem, all my cool toys and effort meant nothing if I didn't equip the mandatory elemental weapons which drastically decreased time to kill. Was sad to see everyone homogenized wielding the same damn kamas.

I digress - classic DAoC has the blandest PvE imagineable, and they fixed that to a decent degree with later expansions. So add as much of that as possible!
Sun 9 Jun 2019 3:24 AM by Joc
People would cry harder than ever if warlocks went live with their original bomb/chamber dump mechanics.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:33 AM by tucker
None of the expansion classes should be in the game, Including Bone dancers, and animists. Almost all of them ruined the game to some major extent. The only people wanting to play them are the people who played them as their mains because they were overpowered game breakers.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:32 PM by Vkejai
Cant see why cata classes would cause un balance, look what happened to the dark BD here , you can buff or nerf accordingly.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:07 PM by Sepplord
Vkejai wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:32 PM
Cant see why cata classes would cause un balance, look what happened to the dark BD here , you can buff or nerf accordingly.

That is contradicting, Why would something need buffs/nerfs if it didn't introduce an imbalance?

I Think you are trying to say that the imbalance wouldn't be too bad and could be fixed fast...but i disagree heavily on both of those statements
Tue 18 Jun 2019 9:33 PM by Vkejai
I get what your saying but as I said I don't think they would cause an imbalance . It would never happen anyway as they would have to test it first.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 12:48 PM by Necrotic
Tic...Oh he'll ya......Do it....do it now!!!
Sat 3 Aug 2019 7:42 AM by Runix3
Necrotic wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 12:48 PM
Tic...Oh he'll ya......Do it....do it now!!!

Nothing like rezzing a bunch of people into monsters during a keep rush. A sight to behold LOL!
Sat 3 Aug 2019 7:53 AM by Druth
Rezzing RR11 casters was the best, their RA's made the monster rez damage even higher.
Sun 4 Aug 2019 4:38 AM by MacPrior
I will be happy if BDs and animists will disappear from this server. And please, no additional Classes!
Sun 4 Aug 2019 9:33 AM by Mykomark
MacPrior wrote:
Sun 4 Aug 2019 4:38 AM
I will be happy if BDs and animists will disappear from this server. And please, no additional Classes!

But you're fine with Necromancer ? Let me guess - you play for Albion and maybe even have Necromancer by yourself ?
Mon 5 Aug 2019 1:04 AM by MacPrior
Mykomark wrote:
Sun 4 Aug 2019 9:33 AM
MacPrior wrote:
Sun 4 Aug 2019 4:38 AM

But you're fine with Necromancer ? Let me guess - you play for Albion and maybe even have Necromancer by yourself ?

I didn't wrote "Necro" because I didn't see them often enough in RvR.
But as for me, they could disappear in the first row. Necro is a disease of Albion. In the time all other realms fighting in RvR Albs just playing those Necros anywhere in PvE.
Necro is an additional reason why it is so hard to build the group in Albion. Both RvR and PvE.

I played all 3 realms. Well now - Alb and Mid. A Necro played years ago my wife, so I tested this class in order to understand.
By the way on Live my highest RR toons are Hibs and I have high RR Animist there. I enjoy this class, but i see, it is wrong placed on this patch.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 9:03 PM by kalimah
You all complain that a lot of classes we have now are OP or lame. We don't need anymore classes to add to the dilemma.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 5:38 PM by Keelia
tucker wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:33 AM
None of the expansion classes should be in the game, Including Bone dancers, and animists. Almost all of them ruined the game to some major extent. The only people wanting to play them are the people who played them as their mains because they were overpowered game breakers.

No savages? What would mid do? They wouldn’t have their I 2 shot caster melee class.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 5:40 PM by chryso
Keelia wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 5:38 PM
tucker wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:33 AM

No savages? What would mid do? They wouldn’t have their I 2 shot caster melee class.

FYI, bonedancers are mid.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 5:50 PM by Keelia
Yea they really aren’t a issue like they used to be. They were a issue when 3 pets were nuking for like 150 uninterruptedly and not effected by range.
Tue 14 Apr 2020 6:58 AM by Centenario
I would like to see Heretics on Alb and a custom version of vampiir/valkyrie on other realms
Tue 14 Apr 2020 4:35 PM by Quik
Centenario wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020 6:58 AM
I would like to see Heretics on Alb and a custom version of vampiir/valkyrie on other realms

I want a Valkyrie SO bad.
Wed 15 Apr 2020 12:50 PM by Pigleto
Valkyrie for example is going to be hard to template. 4 stats: str, con, dex, quick, acuity and then you need a bonus to melee skills and or shield and parry and 200 hps. Just by the shear limitations of templating you are going to be either good at being either offensive or defensive or healing as a valk. Unless you pay up into the huge amount of plat similar to a thane template valks are not going to be unbalanced like they are on live. Weapon skill on valks has always been an issue because they are hybrid and if you go spear you have no defenses so you can be killed easily. And with the current power refreshes in the game and the power consumption it takes to cast the pbaoe heal. You are going to be out of power after 2 to 3 pbaoe heals. There are limitations on this server that make it impossible for classes to be op'd. So I'd love to see valkyries because mid doesn't have a true hybrid class other than a thane. I have to go to alb to play a friar or a warden if I want a class that heals and melees. And as far as warlocks go. You can implement the dumbed down version of warlocks that BS came out with a couple years ago where they are dumbed down to being basic casters without the chamber dumps and the casting chain. There is so much utility that comes from warlocks tbh. Midgard needs more utility in their group set ups.
Wed 15 Apr 2020 2:02 PM by borodino1812
While I enjoyed the Valkyrie back in the day, I am not sure cata classes would be a good idea. It would most likely demand a great deal of work from the devs to balance it correctly. Not sure it would be worth it.

That being said, as long as they do not introduce ToA, I think we'll be alright.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics