Personal mounts and possibly their craftable armor?!

Started 29 Mar 2019
by Snofru
in Open Community Votes
What do you thinking about personal mounts (horses, unicorns^^) and as 2nd step maybe craftable horse armor?
A frequent counter-argument, their speed would destroy the balance can be ignored if they have the same speed or maybe minimal more as the character in RvR-zones...

thx for give attention
Fri 29 Mar 2019 6:20 PM by Turtle006
Snofru wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 3:30 PM
What do you thinking about personal mounts (horses, unicorns^^) and as 2nd step maybe craftable horse armor?
A frequent counter-argument, their speed would destroy the balance can be ignored if they have the same speed or maybe minimal more as the character in RvR-zones...

thx for give attention

The GMs/Devs/World Gods have repeatedly said there will be no speed boosts (Including mounts) in RvR. However, I seem to recall a comment or tease about them being possible for PvE. I would love mounts for PvE, something else to collect lol.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 7:14 PM by Snofru
Turtle006 wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 6:20 PM
... there will be no speed boosts (Including mounts) in RvR...

As i wrote: "A frequent counter-argument, their speed would destroy the balance can be ignored if they have the same speed"
Sat 30 Mar 2019 3:26 PM by jhaerik
Speed of the hunt token.... make BP worth.... SOMETHING. You know... cause RvR'ing to play dolly dress up isn't very DAoC.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 5:45 PM by Turtle006
Snofru wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 7:14 PM
Turtle006 wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 6:20 PM
... there will be no speed boosts (Including mounts) in RvR...

As i wrote: "A frequent counter-argument, their speed would destroy the balance can be ignored if they have the same speed"

As I understand their position, that is not the issue so much as weakening the speed classes. Just what I remember someone saying though, so I am not really going to defend or disagree with it.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 9:18 PM by Bri
Personal mounts usable in PvE areas would be a great addition. It would make getting around to great spots a lot easier. Then again, Tireless 1, Long Wind 1 and an end pot are an easy fix for speed in PvE, just having your own horse is a fun perk.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 6:33 PM by SaintRon
jhaerik wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 3:26 PM
Speed of the hunt token.... make BP worth.... SOMETHING. You know... cause RvR'ing to play dolly dress up isn't very DAoC.

Well people love playing dolly dress up... to a degree. I think horses in rvr would be lame just on looks alone.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:22 AM by Arla
SaintRon wrote:
Thu 4 Apr 2019 6:33 PM
jhaerik wrote:

Well people love playing dolly dress up... to a degree. I think horses in rvr would be lame just on looks alone.

As lame as a bunch of people without horses running as fast as horses?

Horses in PvP zones won't affect play at all. If those playing speed classes worry about a reduced role, they might want to reevaluate their class and recognize they are way more than speed-bots.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:32 AM by AngelRose
Giving everyone access to class unique abilities is one of the many things that ruined Ywain. Seems dev's agree, thus the combined pots being supbar buffs. If they put horses in rvr, they shouldn't have the same speed as bard/mini/skald.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:41 AM by Sepplord
Arla wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:22 AM
Horses in PvP zones won't affect play at all.

I disagree with that statement...but let's assume it was true:

Why would the devs put workhours into something that doesn't affect play at all?

Sounds like a waste of time/ressources
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:26 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:41 AM
Arla wrote:
Horses in PvP zones won't affect play at all.

I disagree with that statement...but let's assume it was true:

Why would the devs put workhours into something that doesn't affect play at all?

Sounds like a waste of time/ressources

As someone who came from Live and directly witnessed the effect of the "speed supplementation" over the years. OP, you are incorrect!
Fri 12 Apr 2019 8:13 PM by cere2
Except that Live put in additional speed from armor. Which made it speed 6 with sprint. That's where they screwed up. Either way I don't see this being a problem if only allowed to use in non-frontier/rvr zones
Sat 13 Apr 2019 12:31 AM by SaintRon
Arla wrote:
SaintRon wrote:
jhaerik wrote:

Horses in PvP zones won't affect play at all. If those playing speed classes worry about a reduced role, they might want to reevaluate their class and recognize they are way more than speed-bots.

Lamer.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 7:06 AM by easytoremember
Maybe as an item that replaces your horse (stablemaater horse) with the corresponding mount,
use the myth slot

Hope to never see mounts implemented PvE or otherwise
Sun 14 Apr 2019 4:55 PM by SaintRon
Arla wrote:
SaintRon wrote:
jhaerik wrote:

We should all get personal healer 'mercenaries' too. If healers are just playing healers to heal then they need to re-evaluate their class choice.

/s
Sun 14 Apr 2019 5:19 PM by Blitze
We already get personal healers with buffpots/charges as buffs are a significant portion of what a healing class provides.... (and speed is a significant portion of what speed classes provide)

I am against horses... but perhaps pro speed pots...
Either way my actual pretence is to remove RvR buffpots and balance after.
Sun 26 May 2019 8:52 PM by Tharlin
I loved the mounts and would be happy to see them here!
Thu 30 May 2019 2:30 AM by freedish22
I have a great idea too, let's come out with an expansion with underground tombs where u can do solo quests - call it Catacombs!
Yeah and then we can have another expansion with epic lewts ..it can be underwater even! Call it Trials of Atlantis!
Imagine having a race that is part of all three realms?? Yeah maybe like a steer mixed with an ogre..like a minotaur??
OH and then i have an idea for a new class called a heretic, kinda a counter to the clerics and pallies

OH shit even better how about we all just go play live because that has all the QoL additions that you're wanting.
Fri 7 Jun 2019 2:14 PM by boing1
in pve .. would be nice ^^ i loved being on a reide on a horse always made a nice look. also in rvr. but no speed boost needed. its just for the look ^^ and for lootbags^^
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics