Facility to fullbuffs his group ?

Started 10 Mar 2019
by Jaxx
in Open Community Votes
Hello !

Since the dawn of time it is long and repetitive to fullbuff his group and he still lacks support classes.

I myself having played cleric and shaman in the past, I don't see myself playing it again because of that, we spend half our time at buff/rebuff it's a little tiring...

Why not modify the target of the buffs? target to > group?
This would make life easier for the healers without disturbing the balance of classes?
Or maybe a fullbuff target, the same as barrels fullbuff ?

ps : sorry if my english is not perfect.
Sun 10 Mar 2019 11:36 PM by Victos
I think changing the target wouldn't exactly work. Not only would you then not be able to buff people outside your group unless they add two different forms of the same spell, but you would also not have enough concentration.

Every time you hit str you would buff all your casters str and every time you want to buff acu to your single caster (mid RM) you would buff the whole group again.

This would lead to you or them having to click the unnecessary buffs away in order to free up concentration. But how would that work if Ou only had enough conc for a single buff and wanted to buff acu to your RM? Unless there are two types of the same spell you would be unable to specifically target the RM.

So unless they change the concentration system I don't see how this would help. Sure they could add some "role soecific quick buff spell" but I doubt that would even be worth the effort.

So yeah, I guess you either have to deal with it or don't play the class.
Mon 11 Mar 2019 10:21 AM by Jaxx
Of course, it would also be necessary to change the system of concentration for that.

Then it's just an idea, it would make the heal/buff classes more enjoyable to play i think.
Tue 12 Mar 2019 3:08 AM by dansari
The conc is there for a reason. Though I think it should be tweaked slightly because some of your buffs just don't get used in favor of more pertinent buffs. When you have one spec buffer in group you feel this pretty heavily. Even adding like 10% conc and 2-3 extra buffs to max limit would be a huge qol change.
Wed 20 Mar 2019 1:12 PM by dudis
Fullbuff target would be way too strong on this server unless your target had to be out of combat for 2 minutes or so before it could be used. Else it would be like live where someone can die, get a ress and instantly be fully buffed and back to full potential.

Buffs would also still need to be conc/range/group limited so you dont have people running around tossing full buffs to everyone they run past.

The current system is fine imo. Everyone should just be expected to carry spec-buff charges to cover any holes that are left.

Besides, it doesn't take that long to buff everyone since all supports generally only cast 2-3 buffs per person.
Mon 25 Mar 2019 2:37 PM by Tritri
Don't like buffing ? Well, don't play a buffer !
Sat 4 May 2019 2:51 PM by bettercasey
it'd help A LOT if we could just cast buffs/resists while moving ><
Sun 5 May 2019 8:32 PM by Sepplord
bettercasey wrote:
Sat 4 May 2019 2:51 PM

Would also further buff kite/extend gameplay which is already meta.
Thu 9 May 2019 2:48 PM by bettercasey
...when has that not been meta?
Thu 9 May 2019 8:34 PM by Mgh
Add a secondary 30 second combat timer strictly for buffing while moving.

You've been in combat the in past 30 seconds? You cannot cast buffs while moving.

You've been out of combat for at least 30 seconds? You can cast buffs while moving!
Fri 10 May 2019 3:07 AM by Keltar
Mgh wrote:
Thu 9 May 2019 8:34 PM
Add a secondary 30 second combat timer strictly for buffing while moving.

You've been in combat the in past 30 seconds? You cannot cast buffs while moving.

You've been out of combat for at least 30 seconds? You can cast buffs while moving!

That, *and* if you're in a Portal Keep you gain +100% casting speed (aka insta spells) until you leave the guard aggro radius. Would cut down the major issue with buffing, imo.
Fri 10 May 2019 6:15 AM by Sepplord
+100%castspeed would only cut casttimes in half, not making them instant (sry, could not resist), but i like your general idea to make buffing less of a hassle in portkeeps

30secs out of combat should be ok too as requirement (but maybe some 8vs8 people think differently, no idea)
Fri 10 May 2019 4:17 PM by Keltar
I didn't phrase properly, I meant that +100% cast speed would make them insta spells. Like, any buffs regardless of duration would be insta casted if within the PK. So I really I should have said -100% casting time or something similar.

But you leave the PK, poof its gone. Make it a pulsing effect that lasts like 10 seconds so if you leave it's not going to stick, might be easier for coding. Like, multiple permanent campfire-like spots. Or a giant bonfire with 5k radius or something.
Fri 10 May 2019 6:48 PM by chryso
bettercasey wrote:
Sat 4 May 2019 2:51 PM

Devs have specifically said they don't want this.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics