Domination Flag Porting

Started 26 Feb 2019
by gruenesschaf
in Open Community Votes
As we get very different responses to our Realm Task Feature: “Porting to flags”, we would like to find out what the player community really wants.

For this particular poll we will check the characters on the voting account and only consider votes of people who have at least one level 50 character and made some RP since the introduction of the teleport. Once the vote is completed we will post the result with only the considered votes.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:27 AM by Chysil
Yes, but I'd ultimately like them to have some deterrent toward camping them. Is it possible to make it do dmg to someone who's been at a point for like 30+ seconds?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:29 AM by giz0r
No.

If zerging is the future of this server (as it appears to be) the porting just makes it more chaotic, and calls for less coordination making the zerging even more ridiculous.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:29 AM by Joy__
No BUT you should move the flag into those castle ! ! ! ! !
and for avoid infinite defender you should remove the teleporter X min after the castle start to be attack ( X depend that need some test it could be 1 or 5 min for example )

Atm castle are useless relic are useless THIS IS NOT RvR THIS IS JUST ARENA FIGHT .... we are not in a moba game !
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:36 AM by defiasbandit
Teleporting to Keeps instead of Flags:

Invading realms will teleport to the 4 center keeps instead of the flags. The invading realms can now battle over the center zone keeps at the start of the task to secure teleports. This is more in the spirit of Dark Age of Camelot.

Invader Teleporting Only:
    Allow only the invading realms to teleport to keeps. The defending realms will need to run from their border keeps. This will create more action in the Border Keep zones, and the action will flow from the portal zones towards the border keep zones instead of vice versa. It will spread the action into two more zones than just the center zone.

Objectives in Border Keep Zones:
    Add tons of new objectives to the border keep zones, so that the defending realm can choose to complete those instead of running to the center zone. In order to compensate for removing teleporting for the defending realm, they will now have objectives in their two border keep zones, which they can complete and earn realm task score. The invading realms will now be able to contest objectives that are spread out across the two border keep zones. New capture points that scale down based on group size. Treasure chests hidden across the zones that have 1,000 soil,snow, or branches.

Here is a map of Forest Sauvage with New Objectives:

https://imgur.com/a/FWRqcmd
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:38 AM by Thorill
Yes, but I suggest creating a DoT that is triggered on players in the vicinity of the flag with no enemies nearby.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:40 AM by defiasbandit
Only allow invading realms to teleport. No teleporting for the defending realm. Make teleporting for the invaders to the 4 keeps instead of the flags.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:43 AM by Fk_
Remove healers in PK or apply the 3 mns rule for invading realm if you plan to keep instant back to action respawn with full mana. Right now there is strictly zero penalties for death.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:44 AM by Tavi
All i see is ppl AFK at the flags and wait to get killed...
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:45 AM by jangma
yes
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:46 AM by thezerodivide
Since all of the domination zones are in each realm's central frontier zone, travel time for all 3 realms is roughly the same. I voted to take them out for this reason. The home realm already has an advantage in these as the other two realms can potentially fight each other in the portal keep zones in the frontiers, no further advantage is needed for the home realm.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:49 AM by defiasbandit
thezerodivide wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:46 AM
Since all of the domination zones are in each realm's central frontier zone, travel time for all 3 realms is roughly the same. I voted to take them out for this reason. The home realm already has an advantage in these as the other two realms can potentially fight each other in the portal keep zones in the frontiers, no further advantage is needed for the home realm.

You make it so only the the two attacking realms can teleport, and the home realm can't.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:49 AM by Joy__
giz0r wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:29 AM
If zerging is the future of this server (as it appears to be) the porting just makes it more chaotic, and calls for less coordination making the zerging even more ridiculous.

1st they where many zerg before the patch !

2 nd do you know why you see more zerg atm than before the patch ?

simple juste because ppl have to play for theier realm point before you just had to log do some suicidal by rushing the enemy or suicidal by rush a flag or suicidal by ... well you get the point
So the mathematics said to us : if the same amount of ppl have to stay 1h unless of 3 min to get their realm point you have more ppl in the same area so you have more zerg ... its just math ....

And just for all those "pro" pvper when you gank with your opti full group a bunch of 2 player or just a solo player or event a groupe of 4 player I call it a zerg !
basic math !
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:53 AM by Mac
I vote yes. I think it's good to allow solo players to quickly get to where there's some action.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:56 AM by giz0r
Mac wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:53 AM
I vote yes. I think it's good to allow solo players to quickly get to where there's some action.

I'm a solo player, and I still think the porting is a bad idea. It ruins the dynamic of open RVR zones with chokepoints.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:56 AM by Loki
So flags will stay because people want free rps and dont mind being farmed. Someone should ding rr8 with zero kills so devs can see how flawed the system is.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:59 AM by Luluko
yes or else its way too much wall camping and running, also its nice to participate in 15min realmtask to lvl my alts
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:01 AM by Lance
Joy__ wrote:
yes BUT you should move the flag into those castle ! ! ! ! !

Atm castle are useless relic are useless THIS IS NOT RvR THIS IS JUST ARENA FIGHT .... we are not in a moba game !
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:03 AM by Wrikur
No
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:05 AM by noobino
I'm voting No, but not because of the teleporting feature but how its currently implemented. I like the idea of having teleports into RvR, but I don't like the non-immunity no-penalty style of doing it. Mainly I don't like how its very easy to obtain teleporting. I personally feel that you guys need to implement keep sieging into this. Maybe remove teleporting to the domination flags, but enable teleporters to keeps - disable keep teleporting when attackers are on it, etc. This encourages siege battles and gives us a reason to own keeps outside of DF. Keep sieging should be our end-game pve afterall... So use them. Reward us for truly dominating an rvr zone outside of KOTH flags.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:08 AM by Zenit
clear NO. NO CALL OF DUTY
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:08 AM by Mac
noobino wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:05 AM
I'm voting No, but not because of the teleporting feature but how its currently implemented. I like the idea of having teleports into RvR, but I don't like the non-immunity no-penalty style of doing it. Mainly I don't like how its very easy to obtain teleporting. I personally feel that you guys need to implement keep sieging into this. Maybe remove teleporting to the domination flags, but enable teleporters to keeps - disable keep teleporting when attackers are on it, etc. This encourages siege battles and gives us a reason to own keeps outside of DF. Keep sieging should be our end-game pve afterall... So use them. Reward us for truly dominating an rvr zone outside of KOTH flags.

I would support this. I like teleporting but we can make it more DAoC like by tying it to keeps.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:10 AM by Anaethema
I voted no.

Although insta porting has garnered me many 1000's of RPs it isn't in the spirit of classic DAOC.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:12 AM by Tharlin
NO!

Just give teleports to all controlled keeps. That makes keeps more important!
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:14 AM by BlackholeX
Before people say Zerg anymore, Zerging has been in the game since forever. The start, any new server that was created, and any future server that gets created. The only time you don't see zerging as much is off timezone hours or the server is dead already.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:15 AM by Arnfiarnunn
Teleports never have been a good thing for PvP.

I can just teleport to any flag, walk 50meters, rush the first target, die and rush again in the next 30sec, brainlessly.

That said it's way easier to solo. Dumber but easier.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:19 AM by Griselda
i don't get why you think it's necessary to create so many incentives for people to go out in the rvr zones. introduce a 45-49 bg <= 4L2 and give incentive to raid/upgrade keeps. I mean i love that there is so much action but 24/7 zerging gets dull at some point even for most casuals.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:24 AM by RaidSoft
I'm voting no but that doesn't mean I dislike any and all teleportation systems, just this particular iteration of it. I do think there is a system that will work good though but I can't say I know exactly what that would look like.

Just a fairly quick consideration made me think of porting to controlled keeps on a 3-5 minute cooldown rotation similar to old classic portal keeps. That way running is always an option but to avoid milegate chokepoints you can still portal to areas you control, with them being keeps as well it means they aren't flipping every 3 seconds and people can't just portal to a flag and wait to get killed for task tagging. Makes taking/holding keeps more valuable as well as it opens up potential for your realm, potentially may require at least a certain level upgrade in the keep to allow teleporting to it so a freshly captured isn't enough.

I'm sure there's potential problems with this system as well, I'm not saying this is a perfectly flawless suggestion, just a starting point for further consideration.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:31 AM by Highfive
Okay so for myself the focus is on 8v8 in this game, which is literally not existing atm, caus ppl see no reason to do because the amount of rps u gain by litterally just afk tasking is way higher.

Overall I Think the porting is fine but its just to much ppl in 1 zone when task is based on 1 Zone only.

One option to negate ppl to afk at flags would be to implement a timer, like 2 - 5 Minutes, so when u afk in a task zone u get ported to your own Portal Keep, without participation Credit, OR just lower the Rewards for tasking in General.

In my oppinion the Reward RPS are way to high since server started anyway..

If u have Tasks in all 3 Frontiers ppl spread out more.

An alternativ would be to implenent rewards for ppl killing with 8 or less ppl in non task zones, to make 8v8 more viable again.

I understand that trying to balance the big RVR scrimages is very important for the staff, because thats the main part of the game.

Take this as a short reminder that for the ppl who focus on 8v8, the server is getting worse and worse and since staff has a fantastic job overall so far, plz just dont forget about the 8v8 comunity.

Just my 2 Cents.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:36 AM by tsteken
Yesterday 50 hibs waited in Odin at a flag just to be killed. Thats like an accepted rp farm. Remake Domination and use keeps as domination points. raise up the RP reward as keeps takes a while to take. This would make a load of more keep fights as there is no incentive atm to take the keeps.

I understand that lowbies wants some rp and such, but there is a place for them thats called BG. Add bg for people up to lvl 44 so that people can get their level RA along the way and remove the exp reward from "big boy rvr" too while youre at it.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:39 AM by Fk_
tsteken wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:36 AM
Yesterday 50 hibs waited in Odin at a flag just to be killed. Thats like an accepted rp farm. Remake Domination and use keeps as domination points. raise up the RP reward as keeps takes a while to take. This would make a load of more keep fights as there is no incentive atm to take the keeps.

I understand that lowbies wants some rp and such, but there is a place for them thats called BG. Add bg for people up to lvl 44 so that people can get their level RA along the way and remove the exp reward from "big boy rvr" too while youre at it.

Some greenies(lvl 36-40) are already almost rr5 just by tasking afk flag. Working as intended.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:45 AM by mik
Spread the domination Flags over all the regions, then it would be fine.
Resembles the balancing approach of NF, but keeps it in OF.

But with the current solution I'm also voting No.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:53 AM by Phenonemal
Allow only stealthers to be able to use these teleports. And put them at chokepoints.

Edit : only at checkponits

make it so you have toturn in 150 items and then you're able to use the teleporter... this will prevent greys from being all over the zones and still allows choke points to be viable for stealthers for a short amount of time.. or just get rid of them all together and make people run the OLD SCHOOL WAY

If you had to turn in 150 items, you would have to run to the supply dude ( forgot what he's called ) at least ONE TIME.. and it's 150, I think that's a fair amount - you farm people the old school way for 15 minutes and then you're able to use the teleporter - or just put a timer on teleporters, you can only use them for the last 15 minutes.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:55 AM by Raunz
We can leave the flag port but we need killstreaks like in Call of Duty then to be able to clean up some areas, i recommend Chopper gunner and AC130.
25kill streak is a nuke in COD, it would kill everyone on the map and end the game aka task would change.

You can make it more daoc theme like and have a killsstreak to summon the dragon, a small one and a big one, it would fly around and aoe people from above.

Maybe 10 killstreak and you can summon some nasty mob like a Hulk from df to serve you for a minute or 2.

Maybe even give characters painkiller so if you die 3x in a row and keep porting back and running at the enemy you take way less damage so you can actually get in there and smash.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:56 AM by gruenesschaf
Fk_ wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:39 AM
Some greenies(lvl 36-40) are already almost rr5 just by tasking afk flag. Working as intended.

Please don't spread misinformation, that's a warning. There is exactly one green person with 330k RP and 5 day played and that person together with exactly one other character (7d played) is the only rr4+ non yellow person in RvR.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:03 AM by tsaka77
no! this port thing reminds me a lot of ToA, which wasnt a good thing (my oppinion) you guys could think about implement a port to a homeland keep instead (provided:home realm owns it <beno, crauchon, bled> as it was in the earlier days).
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:06 AM by HtGeist
defiasbandit wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:40 AM
Only allow invading realms to teleport. No teleporting for the defending realm. Make teleporting for the invaders to the 4 keeps instead of the flags.

I would say quite the opposite..defenders get to port..their hometurf their advantage...enough off you camping pk's
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:07 AM by Tritri
The idea was good, the execution no so much. Really can't say "yes" or "no" :/

Improve the idea.

I support the idea of allowing TP into a keep with a 10 min timer, only for the four middle zone keep and the mg zone keep
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:09 AM by defiasbandit
You can't let the defending realm ever teleport or it will be a nonstop zergfest in the center zone.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:11 AM by Phenonemal
Joy__ wrote:
we are not in a moba game !
we are not in a moba game !
we are not in a moba game ![/b][/i]
[/quote]
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:13 AM by Raunz
Ok real talk, you don't need insta port to any flag or keep.
If people want to chase tasks just make every frontier a task zone and just repeat itself, then you will have every frontier populated at the same time as people with no speed or smaller groups would just go HW for example.
You will always have Hib frontier the main zerg zone and 8mans will go mid, small groups and solos to HW in theory at least.
One problem tho, the population is way too huge so on top of that a zone like Agramon or the PvP Event zone should be added for groups that actually want to go and fight each other there without getting added on.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:19 AM by Mezzafella
Joy__ wrote:
No BUT you should move the flag into those castle ! ! ! ! !
and for avoid infinite defender you should remove the teleporter X min after the castle start to be attack ( X depend that need some test it could be 1 or 5 min for example )

Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:23 AM by Sevoli
No!
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:28 AM by Mac
Lets just implement New Frontiers and port to keeps as long as the supply chain is held.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:45 AM by greugny
Should have solo zone
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:48 AM by Chimosh
No, but now you have implemented it this far. Look at what you have done to the server.

Divided us.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:49 AM by Chimosh
Raunz wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:13 AM
Ok real talk, you don't need insta port to any flag or keep.
If people want to chase tasks just make every frontier a task zone and just repeat itself, then you will have every frontier populated at the same time as people with no speed or smaller groups would just go HW for example.
You will always have Hib frontier the main zerg zone and 8mans will go mid, small groups and solos to HW in theory at least.
One problem tho, the population is way too huge so on top of that a zone like Agramon or the PvP Event zone should be added for groups that actually want to go and fight each other there without getting added on.

This is not a arena game.

Its open warfare RvR. Stop.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:50 AM by pax
I don't like current system is too much flexible. A teleport only to conquisted keep probably or after some objectives of invasion are done. A thing that require way more resources than just capturing a flag in 10 sec..
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:58 AM by recluse
I voted no, but not because I’m completely against teleporting. I just think there should be more incentives to take keeps and relics, rather than just play some kind of Call of Duty domination mini game.

DAOC was built around keep sieging and large battles, and I think there’s enough already in the game that you don’t need to introduce all of these arbitrary and artificial objectives to get people to go out and kill each other.

I say ditch the flags, allow people to port only to keeps that they control, and disable the portal for defenders once a keep is under siege for a certain amount of time. Make the relic bonus delay much shorter, and increase RPs earned for taking and defending keeps.

Also, maybe have the new realm bosses spawn as a Keep Lord in random keep in the defending realm - just tone them down so they can be killed by 2-3 groups instead of a dragon raid.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:02 AM by keen
I think the ports are nessecary. Without the ports we will end up with camped mile gates again where the only realm having fun in the one with the biggest numbers. Porters help to stretch it out. So either recreate the frontier with multiple passing opportunities or leave a porter solution.

I don't mind if this is not in the spirit of 2002 and appreciate the progressive spirit of the server. Just alternate the tasks in a couple of weeks so we have sth new to discover.
In my opinion this vote is too early, give it time so we can see how it balances out.

I had so many fights in so awkward spots, I haven't fought in 18 years of daoc due to the flag system. I think it makes great use of the whole frontier area and not just porting zone roads+ highways that lead there. Free up your mind and enjoy these new fighting locations.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:07 AM by Akopra
Happy i did 2 hours to see i don't like, i can vote hehehe ! If even with that conditions it's even (no right to diers at first and only TP because get farmed by a 8 team raoming sorry, just wait and cry ), i think it will be clear, i believe
Vote no and you save a baby cat ! What, it doesn't work?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:14 AM by raghh
Too soon to say, really. Keep it for a week before calling vote imo.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:39 AM by jhaerik
Mac wrote: Lets just implement New Frontiers and port to keeps as long as the supply chain is held.

1000% this.

Seriously every single person I run with from PUGs to guildies does nothing but lament the fact we don't have NF.

OF is just one zerg MG fight after another.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:42 AM by Nosidam02
Yes: It's nice to be able to get past the camped milegates and into the RvR action...especially those of us solo and/or without speed.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:45 AM by florin
No
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:48 AM by Muradin
The only time I didn't hate porting was last night, when I was farming random solos and afks and people waiting to be killed....that's not good for daoc rvr, even tho I enjoyed the free rps. I think the quality of rvr has gone way down since porting was introduced.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:52 AM by Akopra
Nosidam02 wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:42 AM
Yes: It's nice to be able to get past the camped milegates and into the RvR action...especially those of us solo and/or without speed.

Not agree, many assassins like to camp MGs when not many people to kill lonely guys (or in every case stay on a road where they know there will be many passage, i just don't like when they whine when add after because of that, even with that unbalanced vanish ablity ), and archers like zergs chokepoints at this same MGs.... and i think i can say many soloers are assassins or archers so for me it's just the reverse, that TPs are against soloers, i know it was not the goal (it was more to split zergs) but i think it's a fact
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:55 AM by jhaerik
Nosidam02 wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:42 AM

Except you just port into a shroom field surrounding the flag and get ran over by hib zerg while your support is tanglered.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:56 AM by Nyanda
No. If you want to keep teleports, place teleporters into controlled keeps, maybe even with a "porting chain" necessary like they did in NF - but no "instant spawn somewhere in the nowhere with full mana seconds after death".
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:56 AM by jhaerik
recluse wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:58 AM
I voted no, but not because I’m completely against teleporting. I just think there should be more incentives to take keeps and relics, rather than just play some kind of Call of Duty domination mini game.

DAOC was built around keep sieging and large battles, and I think there’s enough already in the game that you don’t need to introduce all of these arbitrary and artificial objectives to get people to go out and kill each other.

I say ditch the flags, allow people to port only to keeps that they control, and disable the portal for defenders once a keep is under siege for a certain amount of time. Make the relic bonus delay much shorter, and increase RPs earned for taking and defending keeps.

Also, maybe have the new realm bosses spawn as a Keep Lord in random keep in the defending realm - just tone them down so they can be killed by 2-3 groups instead of a dragon raid.

NF did SUCH a better job with keep sieges though. :/ OF Keeps are just afk auto attacking doors.

Either you have the numbers and you zerg out of keep and roll them.... or you don't and you wait for keep to fall. There is little to no strat involved. The LoS is also just plain terrible in OF keeps.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:57 AM by MiNDmaZing
Yes, because u can avoid milegate camping animists grps, and also milegate fights as a melee char...
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:58 AM by jhaerik
MiNDmaZing wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:57 AM
Yes, because u can avoid milegate camping animists grps, and also milegate fights as a melee char...

How is porting into shrooms any better?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:08 AM by Jaxx
I vote no, otherwise where would be the interest of the MG and OF ?

If a MG is temporary blocking, maybe use other Frontier map?
And the actualy task system we lost the liberty to play on the map of your choice and when you want... or we are punish (empty zone and no bonus RP... ! )

Please need task for all map RvR without cumulative bonus.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:11 AM by zeroburrito
lots of stealthers voting no.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:24 AM by Estrema
more people think that the problem is a teleport, but who say this.stealther because cont camper exper and gate, with some port in front the stealther need to find a kill and is not easy make lots of rp for all player but there are seriuos stealther that make the same rp before the teleport.......some people that want playing solo with not-stealth class can play with this teleport, if want make the right way? cancel realm task......................but this is the end of casul players
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:27 AM by Sepplord
zeroburrito wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:11 AM
lots of stealthers voting no.
Doesn't it also help stealthers? (Hearsay)

I voted NO btw, not because i am generally against any teleportsystem , but the current one leads to Chaos and very weird RP-farming strats of not capturing a flag to farm porting players and stuff like that, which shouldnt have a plave in this game.

So, NO to the current system, but open to tests of other systems
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:33 AM by jhaerik
Jaxx wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:08 AM
I vote no, otherwise where would be the interest of the MG and OF ?

If a MG is temporary blocking, maybe use other Frontier map?
And the actualy task system we lost the liberty to play on the map of your choice and when you want... or we are punish (empty zone and no bonus RP... ! )

Please need task for all map RvR without cumulative bonus.

Or just remove the task system entirely and let us just RvR.

We have the player base to fill every zone with action... instead they are all zerged up in one zone at a time. It feels miserable.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:47 AM by Raunz
Too many trolls talking nonsense here, pointless to discuss anything here.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:14 PM by tsteken
3000 people on prime and we really gotta have Tasks to get us out in RvR? I dont think so. I dont know about yall but most of us play this game to hit 50 and RvR. I mean PvE I do it at times. But the main focus is RvR. If we really need Tasks on a brand new server to get out there it feels wierd and synthetic. Also the task reward is insanely high. why should you get 1K rps cause u entered Emain for 10 seconds and delivered some branches.
Remove exp and rp for people below 45. Let them use BGs cap bg at 4l0. And let us RvR in peace without this insane RP boost before its too late.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:19 PM by Durgrim
tsteken wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:14 PM
[...]before its too late.

pardon? Did I miss something? Will the server shut down when this is not being changed or why are you spreading a warning?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:27 PM by Ashenspire
Make it like NF - require a supply line to port. In other words you shouldn't be able to go to South of Pennine if you don't have anything further north of it as a hib or mid

Or better yet, just put in NF
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:31 PM by tsteken
Durgrim wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:19 PM
tsteken wrote:

pardon? Did I miss something? Will the server shut down when this is not being changed or why are you spreading a warning?

Before everybody is rr10 in 1.5 months of play. Giving out free rps shortens the longevity of the server.
We all know handholding and making a game super easy is a failure. Just watch other MMOs where they did that
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:35 PM by Mac
tsteken wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:31 PM
Durgrim wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:19 PM
tsteken wrote:

Before everybody is rr10 in 1.5 months of play. Giving out free rps shortens the longevity of the server.
We all know handholding and making a game super easy is a failure. Just watch other MMOs where they did that

But making a game too tedious is also a recipe for failure. Staff needs to find the middle way.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:45 PM by Jaxx
Actually is just too easy, look top RR in this new server...
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:47 PM by jhaerik
Raunz wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:47 AM
Too many trolls talking nonsense here, pointless to discuss anything here.

Seems to be the theme of 2019. Anyone people disagree with are automatically trolls.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:55 PM by florin
I am not a fan of teleport but do understand their appeal. My preference would be to have people port into controlled keeps and only if they own their relics. This incentivizes both keep taking and relic recovery. The flip side is that if your relics are captured, perhaps the owner can teleport to you border zone like Uppland and Sauvage.
Teleporting to an open field with no defensive structures sets up farming frenzies that serve no goal.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 1:03 PM by Wellzy
no porting... to flags or keeps..

get rid of it..
Tue 26 Feb 2019 1:36 PM by tsteken
Jaxx wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:45 PM

Word. I dont care how good a Hunter is they shouldnt be constantly top #1 realmrank. Then you got a problem.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 1:37 PM by Sepplord
tsteken wrote: Before everybody is rr10 in 1.5 months of play. Giving out free rps shortens the longevity of the server.

RR10 is 6million RP

RR8 is 2,8million RP...so not even half way to RR10

Free RPs also rapidly decline, when rewards were given out every 60minutes it was 1800RP for RR5+, 2250RP for RR4+.
I believe Task RP will scale down even more, but maybe a RR6 or higher could confirm that.

AFKing up your realmranks isnt viable
Tue 26 Feb 2019 1:39 PM by Draygon
I thought the whole purpose of the task revamp was to spread zeros out or to help combat it, as far as I can tell these have made it worse.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 1:59 PM by zenai
The flag teleports have helped to spread out the action... I like it.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 1:59 PM by Amroth
Yes. Best feature in the game as it stops the inevitable 10mim milegate standstill.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:04 PM by Invyz1
Edit: no politics pls. thx.
leave the ports in, #yes
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:25 PM by bigdaddyo
The community voted for old frontiers, which are not designed for porting. Old frontiers means milegates and chokepoints That's how the maps were originally balanced and hacking in a porting system simply ruins all flow that made us love the game at this patch level on these maps. It's far beyond a QoL change at this point and is completely uprooting and shifting RvR away from what it should be in OF. If the community wants porting, it should of voted for NF, as those maps were designed for it. Old frontiers = no porting, it's really that simple.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:28 PM by Akopra
tsteken wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 1:36 PM
Jaxx wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:45 PM

Word. I dont care how good a Hunter is they shouldnt be constantly top #1 realmrank. Then you got a problem.

Yes like everybody know it, Hunter is the best class, an evidence for everyone ! (more seriously, i think he was not just speaking about me but the general amount of RPs of high ranks in just 1.5 months, and with this new patch, we see it's faster than before for last 48h ranking ^^)
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:38 PM by Vlalkor
I honestly would be okay with NF with caravans, as long as the keeps are like NF keeps when it first launched, where you can buy certain guards and tell the keep "Type" to make it interesting. With that being said, OF was not made for insta porting and I am against it.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:56 PM by otinanai
Flag porting feels cheap and too much like NF. I don't like it at all.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:38 PM by PingGuy
I got RP's since the change, but I'm 48.5, so one of those "Yes" votes won't be counting.

Not going to make a big deal about it, Sunday was fun, but I've had fun in RvR before the ports were in. I think removing the ports will have a negative impact on participation, but probably not enough to matter. With so many people against them, maybe it will be a wash.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:44 PM by Quik
No
Tue 26 Feb 2019 4:20 PM by ibeturgood
so lets keep old frontier which sucks with this many people but add a prominent nf feature instead
Tue 26 Feb 2019 4:24 PM by labova
I hope whatever solution the devs land on, that we avoid the old 8 man farming small man and pugs. That way lies server death.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 4:40 PM by Treggevy
Yay.

Back to 20 minutes of milegate standstill. Porters made smallman and solo much more viable. If they are removed we will be back to being closed in in pk area due to 10 groups of <insert realm here> blocking the milegate, spamming AoE. It was such a nice change and actually spread the action. The same people that stood afk at flags will now run and suicide and stand afk in portal keeps. Removing ports will not change that at all, it will only lead to completely blocked chokepoints nobody can pass through. GG.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 5:10 PM by Kalbren
Tavi wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:44 AM

Yes, this.

Plus one of the best parts about this game is the fights at the mile gates, which the porting will reduce or potentially eliminate entirely.

I like the staff are trying new things, but the porting is not a good change imo.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 5:17 PM by Laviski
Tavi wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:44 AM

remove porting or limit to keeps and remove dying to get credit.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 5:21 PM by Smoover
Why we want the Task in 1 realm only . reward the casuals without lead em into 1 szone . make the Rewarding ( minitasks) split in all realms . remove the porters and gg . thx
Tue 26 Feb 2019 5:29 PM by BaldEagle
Sorry all. I tried to get server to switch to NF in Beta, but I failed so I take a portion of the responsibility.

NF Doesn't fix all things, but it at least solves many of the issues we are running into. I think NF without Agramon would spread the action around. To those who don't like the port feature, at least in NF it requires you take a Keep and its corresponding towers. A little more effort than just standing on a flag. Plus, we get that pretty warmap back.

Think it may be too late for that now though.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 5:44 PM by WeaselSoup
I wish i could vote a third option where the defending realm should be able to teleport to the flag and no one else. Porting does make it less shitty that the defending realm has to make such a long run to get to any action, but I don't like that EVERYONE is porting to flags constantly.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:00 PM by Jaxx
BaldEagle wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 5:29 PM
Sorry all. I tried to get server to switch to NF in Beta, but I failed so I take a portion of the responsibility.

With NF i never inc on Phoenix and i think am not alone.

We are coming here while knowing that it's OF and thanks for that.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:02 PM by heladin
PLEASE! remove tasks from game and fix relics if possiblle. RVR is so laggy and zergy to be played. Thank you.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:02 PM by gushobbleton
Voted yes because I'm lazy as all hell.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:04 PM by dreenk317
Remove porting to flags, allow porting to keeps controlled by your realm within the task zone. This would encourage keep battles, as you would not be able to port until your realm controls a keep within the enemy territory. So attacking and defending keeps gains added importance. It would remove people Getting ganked by stealthers as the port into a flag. It would remove 8 mans hovering outside the detection radius at flags, and charging in to AOE cc groups as they port in. And it would make it feel more like classic DAoC, with a twist of new frontiers.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:08 PM by defiasbandit
dreenk317 wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:04 PM
Remove porting to flags, allow porting to keeps controlled by your realm within the task zone. This would encourage keep battles, as you would not be able to port until your realm controls a keep within the enemy territory. So attacking and defending keeps gains added importance. It would remove people Getting ganked by stealthers as the port into a flag. It would remove 8 mans hovering outside the detection radius at flags, and charging in to AOE cc groups as they port in. And it would make it feel more like classic DAoC, with a twist of new frontiers.

No porting for the defending realm. Make the Border Keep zones populated. Put objectives in the border keep zones.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:08 PM by vanillaface
I also voted yes so I can watch something while being lazy and get right back to the flag camping & zerging!
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:09 PM by Jabstar
I hate to be negative, this is just an opinion. I feel the tasks are over the top and completely unneeded on a superpopulated server.
Daoc has a robus rvr system in place that needs little to no additions. Again, definately not with a large population.
Emain will naturally be the busiest zone, thats fine.
The only thing i would have done is add 4-6% rp's to the lowest population zone, and 2-4% to the 2nd lowest.
This task system takes alot of the initial robust system away. Keep takes are rare and just not the same anymore, why would anyone do a relic raid and so on.

You guys are doing great, i'm just not on board with the task system.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:10 PM by Schett
I voted No, but if there would be some changes to the current teleport system I would like it to stay to avoid the zerg fights at MG's.

Make it so there's only 1 flag with teleport and you will have most of the action around that flag instead of at a MG
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:17 PM by gnefner
Jabstar wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:09 PM
I hate to be negative, this is just an opinion. I feel the tasks are over the top and completely unneeded on a superpopulated server.
Daoc has a robus rvr system in place that needs little to no additions. Again, definately not with a large population.
The only thing i would have done is add 4-6% rp's to the lowest population zone, and 2-4% to the 2nd lowest.
This task system takes alot of the initial robust system away. Keep takes are rare and just not the same anymore, why would anyone do a relic raid and so on.

This.. Absolutely this.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:21 PM by Muradin
gnefner wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:17 PM
Jabstar wrote:

This.. Absolutely this.
I actually really, really liked the old fight in x zone and dominate y zone. The flags were cool changes and after playing with them I am shocked the devs of live never thought to implement them. The only one I didn't like was the defend or invade a keep.

I think a neat change would be enable dominate and fight at the same time, but have 1 (or 2) dominates, and 2 fights in the same realm at the same time, spreads the action out over the same realm but 3-4 different zones instead of one. I also think maybe instead of making the keeps a task, you should award 1-3k (a big amount imo) rps per person for anyone who takes a keep in the task zones while the task is going on.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:27 PM by Niget
Solos and small man's have a better time like this! The action is far more spread out!
This is the first time I actually like the task!
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:39 PM by Dragonn
A good idea should be to do task every 3 or 4 hours with a better reward
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:40 PM by Seeboo
i voted no - because i really dont like the teleporting stuff at all - it ruins my personal gaming experience and i really really dont like it... (rest is cool - i m not complainging about the rest and i really do appreciate the effort devs/gms put into this whole server) but pls - remove this teleporting shit...

short explanations why:

before the changes:

i as a solo player (infil) could at least camp a road/area to a task - for example when the task was in odins
i could go to uppland/jamtn and try to find solo kills - it took a while to go there - because you know... stealthers are slow.. but well
i could CHOOSE where to go - and WHAT to do at least i had a chance to get a few kills
i could play the game how i want it - if i got a kill its fine
if i failed i got killed - fine aswell because it decided to attack /fight and if i failed - it was my fault because i played bad or had bad luck or got added by a group or zerg or other players..

but at least i had a chance to CHOOSE where to play and what to do

new task system:
i basically get added or zerged by full groups or zergs 24/7
its allmost impossible to find someone soloing or getting a kill as a solo stealther other than hoping the enemy is low/lowrr and vanish is up+rdy to get a kill and hopefully you can get vanish out before you get zerged/facerolled by fullgroups once again

nobody cares if you solo or fighting someone in a 1vs1 like situation all they see is free extra rp and they will zerg you down + dont care if you have to run like for another 30 minutes just to get there where you maybe get less zerg or the risk of getting less adds

i m used to getting zerged/facerolled by fullgroup s or small mens or zergs from hibs/mids but what i noticed after the latest changes
the very few fights where no hib or mid is adding/zerging me down - there is a very high chance i got an alb add just to leech even more rp off me

as if solo life isnt hard enough

ive never complained so far or wroted anything about my daily struggle playing the game i actually like but for now im really pissed and hope at least this porting stuff will be removed or changed A LOT - so ppl actually have to run again like its daoc and not battlefield 4 daoc edition

this is just my opinion and my experience i had so far
if you dont aggre or dont like my opinion - fine

ignore me + block me or whatever - ill still have the same opinion whatsoever.

thx4thelove+hate in advance
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:43 PM by Mac
Dragonn wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:39 PM

Good point, Why have tasking running 24/7? Give people time between tasks to play DAoC.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:07 PM by chryso
I see people who want to remove getting credit for dying. Do you want nobody in the frontiers?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:08 PM by chryso
Mac wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:43 PM
Dragonn wrote:

Good point, Why have tasking running 24/7? Give people time between tasks to play DAoC.

Nobody is forcing anybody to do tasks. If someone only has an hour to play a day do they just never get tasks?
I don't think this is a good idea.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:11 PM by lourock
Voted No even though I have to admit its pretty slick. Im always amazed at what these devs can do with this old ass code. I do agree that some sort of porting should be made available to the frontiers with some objective. I just think that keep porting like NF would be a better option than flags imho.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:57 PM by killenjr
I dont understand why so many people are upset with people that camp flags. Every flag i have seen when it get attacked most people fight back. Whats the difference between camping a flag or a milegate or a road from the pk. most stealth are nothing but spot campers. I personally see no problem with people porting where they want and having fun the way they want.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:58 PM by Stimmed
Few options I think could work...or maybe not.

Tasks only in offpeak when the pop goes below xxx amount. To keep the activity still high in those off peak times for ppl playing odd hours.

Make it so you only can do 2-3 tasks per day. Bigger bonus for the 3 you complete but means ppl wont just constantly flood everywhere all the time they will do it for there bonus each day which will still help alot but then alot would stop when there bonus is down...how many would stop no idea though .

And no to porting its not that long a run with haste and sprint anyway.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:16 PM by Awarkle
put in a cost element to use the teleport either gold or bps or feathers.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:21 PM by Trisha2019
It is really nice to have these flags to be able to get out there into the action very quickly.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:22 PM by Numatic
I voted no. I believe that the RvR scene is being pushed in a certain direction for the wrong reasons. People dont need incentive to RvR. It's what the endgame is. They need a reason to RvR. Its proof that RPs arent enough of a reason. Easy Rps arent fun. But this is also a problem with how most people play now. A lot play to push the boundaries of what's possible within the game world. This is why the meta exists. It's about squeezing the most out of anything they can. Whether its damage, rps etc.. the fact is DAoC is very limited in what can be done as RvR engagement. The devs cant make it so you can bust down walls of keeps, or conquer the land of Hibernia as Midgard. And even then, when that's done, what is there? People will simply adapt to their situation and call it "boring". "Oh look, the mids conquered Hibernia again, go figure".

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what can be done, but the easy RP train is pretty monotonous and brainless. I have practically suicided my new Savage to rr3 and I barely play. I'm not saying you shouldn't be rewarded for participating, but there needs to be some sort of limited in place based on your level and the level of participation. Lvl 25's running out in RvR and getting loads of RPs for simply dying is not participating.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:53 PM by jhaerik
bigdaddyo wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:25 PM
The community voted for old frontiers, which are not designed for porting. Old frontiers means milegates and chokepoints That's how the maps were originally balanced and hacking in a porting system simply ruins all flow that made us love the game at this patch level on these maps. It's far beyond a QoL change at this point and is completely uprooting and shifting RvR away from what it should be in OF. If the community wants porting, it should of voted for NF, as those maps were designed for it. Old frontiers = no porting, it's really that simple.

Well the issue here is the vast majority of players didn't get to vote.

If they took a vote now NF would win by a landslide. People have also had time to see how much OF sucks.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:55 PM by jhaerik
Jaxx wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:00 PM
BaldEagle wrote:

Frankly I'm mostly here hoping they will convert to NF at some point.

Not a fan of OF or NNF.

NF was great though.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:56 PM by chryso
Numatic wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:22 PM
People dont need incentive to RvR. It's what the endgame is. They need a reason to RvR. Its proof that RPs arent enough of a reason. Easy Rps arent fun.

You are dead wrong.
If ANY of this is true then why do we have such a larger population of characters in rvr than i have seen in other places?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:56 PM by jhaerik
gnefner wrote:
Jabstar wrote:

This.. Absolutely this.

Same.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:59 PM by jhaerik
chryso wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:08 PM
Mac wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:43 PM
Dragonn wrote:

Nobody is forcing anybody to do tasks. If someone only has an hour to play a day do they just never get tasks?
I don't think this is a good idea.

Actually we are being forced.

I've yet to see a way to opt out of the tasks if they happen to be in the zone you are in.

I HATE automatic quests from newer MMOs. Biggest reason GW2 was a terrible game.

The task system just looks like a GW2 knockoff.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:59 PM by Rasmus_np
Seeboo wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:40 PM
i voted no - because i really dont like the teleporting stuff at all - it ruins my personal gaming experience and i really really dont like it... (rest is cool - i m not complainging about the rest and i really do appreciate the effort devs/gms put into this whole server) but pls - remove this teleporting shit...

short explanations why:

before the changes:

i as a solo player (infil) could at least camp a road/area to a task - for example when the task was in odins
i could go to uppland/jamtn and try to find solo kills - it took a while to go there - because you know... stealthers are slow.. but well
i could CHOOSE where to go - and WHAT to do at least i had a chance to get a few kills
i could play the game how i want it - if i got a kill its fine
if i failed i got killed - fine aswell because it decided to attack /fight and if i failed - it was my fault because i played bad or had bad luck or got added by a group or zerg or other players..

but at least i had a chance to CHOOSE where to play and what to do

new task system:
i basically get added or zerged by full groups or zergs 24/7
its allmost impossible to find someone soloing or getting a kill as a solo stealther other than hoping the enemy is low/lowrr and vanish is up+rdy to get a kill and hopefully you can get vanish out before you get zerged/facerolled by fullgroups once again

nobody cares if you solo or fighting someone in a 1vs1 like situation all they see is free extra rp and they will zerg you down + dont care if you have to run like for another 30 minutes just to get there where you maybe get less zerg or the risk of getting less adds

i m used to getting zerged/facerolled by fullgroup s or small mens or zergs from hibs/mids but what i noticed after the latest changes
the very few fights where no hib or mid is adding/zerging me down - there is a very high chance i got an alb add just to leech even more rp off me

as if solo life isnt hard enough

ive never complained so far or wroted anything about my daily struggle playing the game i actually like but for now im really pissed and hope at least this porting stuff will be removed or changed A LOT - so ppl actually have to run again like its daoc and not battlefield 4 daoc edition

this is just my opinion and my experience i had so far
if you dont aggre or dont like my opinion - fine

ignore me + block me or whatever - ill still have the same opinion whatsoever.

thx4thelove+hate in advance

Pretty much this.

I literally went from a week ago thinking I would play this server for years, to thinking I probably won't last another week. The instant porting makes the server feel like yet another one of the many i50 free shards that popped up during the years. Instant port, instant action etc. Deaths and fights becomes stale and meaningless. Major props for the developers for pretty much anything else that has been done on this server, but they really effed up on this one, if nothing else, they completely divided the player base on this subject, whatever they do, 50% won't be happy with the outcome.

Veggie
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:59 PM by jhaerik
chryso wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:56 PM
Numatic wrote:
People dont need incentive to RvR. It's what the endgame is. They need a reason to RvR. Its proof that RPs arent enough of a reason. Easy Rps arent fun.

You are dead wrong.
If ANY of this is true then why do we have such a larger population of characters in rvr than i have seen in other places?

Because they made it stupidly easy to level? All the people with short attention spans actually made 50 this time around.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:31 PM by FFpheonix
The current porting isn't great. Change it so that invaders can port in to keeps, leave the Flag objectives.

Keep up the good work.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:32 PM by Sepplord
jhaerik wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:59 PM
chryso wrote:
Numatic wrote:

You are dead wrong.

Because they made it stupidly easy to level? All the people with short attention spans actually made 50 this time around.

It's not faster than any i50 shards...
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:37 PM by Numatic
chryso wrote:
Numatic wrote:

You are dead wrong.

Because the server is new and it's easy to get to level 50?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:19 PM by Phenonemal
Do a server RP wipe please.

Also - I know a lot of us are complaining.. however, DEVS - thank you for all of the hard work and the amount of dedication and time you all have taken from you personal lives to invest in this.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:24 PM by Dragonn
jhaerik wrote:
gnefner wrote:
Jabstar wrote:

This.. Absolutely this.

Same.

Agree
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:05 AM by genchaos9
Just get rid of the domination and the flags, make TP to any keep your realm has that isn't under siege and add incentives for all keeps and relics captures and defense for all three frontiers and boom! You will have all kinds of fights happening in all three frontiers. Solo, small groups, zerg groups and zergs.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:30 AM by noflex
remove the flags entirely, make one of the keep flags the same concept (or add the domination flag onto the keep wall or in courtyard

This allows stealthers to get involved and climb and steal a flag but not without getting guard agro

Makes incentive to upgrade keeps and increase guard level to prevent this

Also if a flag is being contested in a keep make it blast messages out in the chat to allow for defending
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:43 AM by zeroburrito
Looks like a vast majority want to keep them. Most casuals don't come here and casuals would be the yes voters and 90pct of the server pop.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:45 AM by Kaosin
yes
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:46 AM by Evinac
Remove porting to flags completely imo.

If a realm is holding a keep in an enemy frontier - middle rvr zones breif, jamtl or pennine - allow porting to said keep. Perhaps put a timer on it - only able to port once every 5 minutes. That way ppl have a chance to grp up and u dont have enemies porting on top of u and casting with immunity still on (animists putting down shrooms for example).

Great thing about daoc is lack of free #@$%. This porting to flags is legitimate welfare stuff... if ppl would rather afk at border keep for xp + rp's instead of actually xp'ing in grps, something is wrong.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:51 AM by Ebly
Is that possible to give task on the 3 realm at the same time? just to split a little the zerg
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:53 AM by defiasbandit
Evinac wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:46 AM
Remove porting to flags completely imo.

If a realm is holding a keep in an enemy frontier - middle rvr zones breif, jamtl or pennine - allow porting to said keep. Perhaps put a timer on it - only able to port once every 5 minutes. That way ppl have a chance to grp up and u dont have enemies porting on top of u and casting with immunity still on (animists putting down shrooms for example).

Great thing about daoc is lack of free #@$%. This porting to flags is legitimate welfare stuff... if ppl would rather afk at border keep for xp + rp's instead of actually xp'ing in grps, something is wrong.

Never allow the defending realm to teleport. They will skip over two border keep zones. That shrinks the frontier and is a bad thing.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:55 AM by zelacor
I'm gonna land on "No".

The porting to flags are not working in any meaningful way and will just degenerate the quality of rvr and take away one of the more essential aspects of DAoC rvr; namely the free roaming and travelling around part. I can appreciate the fact that people do not want to run for 20 minutes to get to the action zone but I would like there to be a better way to remedy this than to make it an instant port galore.

Some of the problems with the current system:

- People port and stand afk at flags to die and get task credit. Albeit not a major problem per se, it get a bit ridiculous seeing swarms of afk rp cows standing around ripe for killing for minimal effort. This undermines rp rewards for effort as a whole.

- Fighting in congested zones like Pennine Mountains when realms controls different flags makes it an instant add and zerg galore that cannot be avoided.
- It makes it harder to plan fights and judge where your enemies may come from as this is impossible to manage with current system. Causing alot of frustrating deaths.

- it is way too easy to port right back and join a fight when dying. This takes away from making an effort to stay alive in rvr and to survive because you can just instantly get right back with no penalty at all.

- Some classes or group configurations rely on being able to hit and run tactics or pick off supply lines to a destination (like stealthers and soloers). With people teleporting anywhere this becomes obsolete.

What can be done? People will always disagree on a topic such as this, so it's not gonna be one solution to fix it all. Personally I'd like a system where you could teleport to a frontier keep and/or with some sort of (short) re-use timer inbetween to mitigate instant respawn and make it a bit more reliable.
I do commend you for trying to improve the task system and I'm still having a blast on the server. Thank you!

(apologize for the long post)
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:00 AM by Eveasau
Yes. But in order for a flag to support Teleporting, your realm must hold it's nearby keep. OR.... your realm must physically have 4 or more VISIBLE characters within 500 units of the flag.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:13 AM by dbeattie71
My 2c, I waited to vote until I gave it a solid try. Initially I would have voted no but I changed my op and voted yes. From my experience action gets spread out over most of the frontier zone. I also like the longer more general tasks. I think you should give it some more time before flipping anything back. There will always be chicken littles.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 3:19 AM by Jingo NZ
Yes.
Here are further suggestions if you're searching for a tweak:
a) Increase focus on keeps: make the keeps more significant than the flags for task and rp contribution
b) Improve teleport QOL: for DEFENDERS move the domination teleporters to the relic keeps
c) Improve teleport QOL: for INVADERS move the domination teleporters 1/2 way between portal keep and milegate and add a guard npc
Wed 27 Feb 2019 4:43 AM by Tree
Not sure what the domination points are for anyway. Arent keeps domination points already? Just move the domination task and teleport inside the keeps.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 5:00 AM by Chimosh
Since you have split the playerbase in half you will need a compromise, and increasing the player detection at flags to 4k, just isnt good enough.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 6:34 AM by Mac
zeroburrito wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:43 AM
Looks like a vast majority want to keep them. Most casuals don't come here and casuals would be the yes voters and 90pct of the server pop.

There is no 'Vast' majority here, 45% voted to keep them and 55% voted no, You MIGHT be correct that most casuals would be in favor of keeping but we'll never know because most casuals won't vote.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:16 AM by Tree
Mac wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 6:34 AM
There is no 'Vast' majority here, 45% voted to keep them and 55% voted no, You MIGHT be correct that most casuals would be in favor of keeping but we'll never know because most casuals won't vote.

Its fair to say the community is somewhat split on that. Keeping the port in might be the silent majoritys position, but considering the feedback we got it is clear that players are in favor of either keeping it the way it is or have some form of change, that keeps the benefit of faster action with a system that is more in line with classic DAoC.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 8:24 AM by Keeto
So when is the poll over? Is the teleport gone now? Pleeeease let ot be gone.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 9:05 AM by Fiore
Remove Port. Add 2 Quest running for all realms at same time. For Example .... Defend Albion ( Midgard,Hibernia) always Running and Quartered like now . And Invade Midgard ( Albion,Hibernia) switching. Maybe helps thin the Zerg a bit.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 9:12 AM by qq6
I like the idea of having a port closer to the "main fighting zone" so if its hib, then maybe allow a port to a keep in breifine, if we own it, just so its closer for us to run to emain, and so on for other realms aswell. No port at all, it takes with hasterner speed about 6 mins to get to emain, then you die and same thing all over. But ye, having ports at flags is just too much, constant zerging between flags, afks at flags and so on.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:05 AM by Maso
Remove pls
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:09 PM by chryso
Numatic wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:37 PM
chryso wrote:
Numatic wrote:

You are dead wrong.

Because the server is new and it's easy to get to level 50?

If you already had a 50 on the other server, why leave there?
Wed 27 Feb 2019 3:01 PM by Wellzy
I actually had some fun with the port flags yesterday. Got some good small man fights deep in the defenders area around flags

I Voted no, but I am starting to be indifferent. If it stays or goes, I will still have fun.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 3:10 PM by dbeattie71
Keeto wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 8:24 AM
So when is the poll over? Is the teleport gone now? Pleeeease let ot be gone.

Not even trying it out I see.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 3:12 PM by dbeattie71
Wellzy wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 3:01 PM
I actually had some fun with the port flags yesterday. Got some good small man fights deep in the defenders area around flags

I Voted no, but I am starting to be indifferent. If it stays or goes, I will still have fun.

That’s where I was then started venturing out and the further you get out the more small skirmishes there are. I think the current system is a lot better than the previous.

And you aren’t required to domination port. When a port isn’t available I see 50 people standing and waiting, when that happens I go out to breifine because I know there wil people around the same as I’m roaming around uppland.

Good job staff!
Wed 27 Feb 2019 3:20 PM by faliv
At the moment it is not realy daoc, it is more a sort of instant "beat 'em up". Not my cup of tea to be honest.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 4:02 PM by Gnarrg
Something as divisive as this should have never been implemented without a community vote I think...
Wed 27 Feb 2019 4:09 PM by bigdaddyo
Gnarrg wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 4:02 PM
Something as divisive as this should have never been implemented without a community vote I think...

100% AGREE.

The best thing Phoenix could add ATM is a test server like PEndragon used to be for live back in the day. Can test any impending changes there, as well as allow people to char copy so they can mess around with RA's and specs and whatnot at 50 without having to spend heavily on respec stones. It also allow significant testing for big changes like this to see how they work with players actually trying it instead of in theory before rolling them out in full.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 4:12 PM by Quik
Gnarrg wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 4:02 PM

Forums are not hidden...they are posted on the main website and in this day and age everyone knows every game has forums.

If people choose to not visit the forums and participate then they give up that vote.

We are doing a community vote right now and it is showing that 55% do not want the ports.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 5:45 PM by defiasbandit
Only the invading realm can teleport to keeps they control in the center zone.

The defending realm can not teleport, but can shut off invader teleporting by controlling center zone keeps.

Add new objectives to the border keep zones (Gorge, Collory, Uppland, Yggdra, Sauvage, Snowdonia). This will allow the defending realm to choose between working on objectives in the center zone or their 2 border keep zone

With these changes, keeps will become more relevant in the realm tasks, and there will be action across 3 zones instead of 1.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 6:02 PM by Quik
I prefer no porting period
Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:00 PM by BaldEagle
Jaxx wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:

That is great and all. But OF isn't good, that is why we have all these issues and NF was created in the first place.

And yes, there might be about a total of 200 of you that stayed on Uthgard. There would also be 500 that would come from live, but don't because of OF.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 6:21 AM by Mac
BaldEagle wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:00 PM
Jaxx wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:

That is great and all. But OF isn't good, that is why we have all these issues and NF was created in the first place.

And yes, there might be about a total of 200 of you that stayed on Uthgard. There would also be 500 that would come from live, but don't because of OF.
On the internet, 87% of all statistics are made up on the fly.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 8:15 AM by kskovbo
Put the teleports inside the keeps so there is another reason to fight for keeps.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 8:31 AM by Raunz
Just reset all ranks on all characters, remove all tasks and reduce rp gain about 50%. Let the player base figure it out themselves by roaming and fighting each other like daoc should be like. All this free rps and insta action just mimics all the terrible modern mmos and ruins the game.
Beyond me how people don't see this, RvR should be hard ok, a group even getting to where they want to go should be terrifying. you should be in constant alert of getting ganked by a 8man,
Maybe even put portal port timer back if you want to port to enemy frontier, old frontier is just not big enough for these kind of numbers.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 10:11 AM by Mac
Raunz wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 8:31 AM
Just reset all ranks on all characters, remove all tasks and reduce rp gain about 50%. Let the player base figure it out themselves by roaming and fighting each other like daoc should be like. All this free rps and insta action just mimics all the terrible modern mmos and ruins the game.
Beyond me how people don't see this, RvR should be hard ok, a group even getting to where they want to go should be terrifying. you should be in constant alert of getting ganked by a 8man,
Maybe even put portal port timer back if you want to port to enemy frontier, old frontier is just not big enough for these kind of numbers.

I had level 50s in Alpha that were reset when Beta begin. I had level 50s in beta that were reset when live launched. I'm not complaining about those resets because they were announced in advance. BUT... If I get reset a 3rd time I'm gone.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 11:10 AM by Ceen
Raunz wrote:
Please don't post Uthgard Player Council internals here.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 2:06 PM by Wellzy
Are we able to change our votes?

Flag porting is growing on me and I want to flip flop my stance, lol.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 2:18 PM by Ardri
Raunz wrote:

Sounds like you would like the Uthgard server...
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:16 PM by Ceen
Porting has his ups and downs. On the long run I dont like it but for now its awesome
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:18 PM by Fk_
Because one borked feature on here isn't good the rest isn't? Phoenix is amazing on 90% of the ruleset.
The only problem on Phoenix for me is that insta port shenanigans and greys getting free rps everywhere, when they should be EARNING them in the BGS~ (Caledonia is still 2L9 Limit right? way enough realm abilities to start)
The feeling of roaming into enemy territory is also gone, as in 20s any CTF point can swap from 1 scout taking the flag into 50 albs insta porting on it. Do you find it an enjoyable way for RvR? i certainly don't~
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:32 PM by PingGuy
Fk_ wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:18 PM
Because one borked feature on here isn't good the rest isn't? Phoenix is amazing on 90% of the ruleset.
The only problem on Phoenix for me is that insta port shenanigans and greys getting free rps everywhere, when they should be EARNING them in the BGS~ (Caledonia is still 2L9 Limit right? way enough realm abilities to start)
The feeling of roaming into enemy territory is also gone, as in 20s any CTF point can swap from 1 scout taking the flag into 50 albs insta porting on it. Do you find it an enjoyable way for RvR? i certainly don't~

If you shut off the teleporting, or remove the tasks, it's not going to get me to go to the BG's. The BG's are gankland, a nightmare for soloers. I'll still just hit the FZ's, and if that is no longer fun I'll just stop playing. You can't force people to play the way you want them to.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:42 PM by Fk_
Do you get any sense of accomplishment when being a grey running towards any enemy to die and get the reward? BGs are Gank Land, as in, you actually have to fight and win it to get rewarded, so actual players who learned their class and play it, are winning?
Right now rvr is special olympics, and i'm not even talking 8v8 or anything, just the general dynamics of it.

You can't force people to play the way you want them to.

Correct, let's vote.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:56 PM by PingGuy
Fk_ wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:42 PM
Do you get any sense of accomplishment when being a grey running towards any enemy to die and get the reward?

No, and just to be clear, I don't need one. I'm not playing to get a sense of accomplishment. I'm playing to have fun. And it's fun when I run towards an enemy, think I'm going to die, but I don't, and I actually land hits or spells or whatever. That's why i try to follow the zerg, it provides the random opportunity for participation.

Fk_ wrote:
BGs are Gank Land, as in, you actually have to fight and win it to get rewarded, so actual players who learned their class and play it, are winning?

Good for them? IDK, that doesn't matter to me. In a system where only the winners get rewards, the winners tend to be a small select group, and the losers tend to be everybody else, over and over again. I'm not here to prove anything, I just want to get in some fights, preferably where I can actually participate and not just die because somebody else is super-hardcore.

Fk_ wrote:
Right now rvr is special olympics, and i'm not even talking 8v8 or anything, just the general dynamics of it.

It's ok, I believe that you are a tough guy. You don't have to bag on handicapped people to prove anything. Actually, bagging on handicapped people proves something else about you, and it's not that you are tough...
Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:15 PM by Fk_
I won't edit myself, apologizing for the harsh comment on special olympics ( those guys are heroes) to begin with, but assuming it anyways, that's the only metaphor i had in mind~ Ty for the Ad Hominem tho.

Back to topic, you want to have fun, but so does everyone who voted for the ports to be removed, or a better suiting idea to be found.
This is not DAoC RvR, it's a Battlefield 1942 Map rotating on 3 frontiers, demeaning totally the value of the OF maps.
Who's gonna PvE in the Frontiers near a flag now? (farming Moss Monsters near crim was very popular for 40s, and 50s roaming near could actually protect them)
Who's seeing the mobs in the frontiers other than an aggro spot to die on when the 100 mid zerg rushes you?
Who actually thinks about group setup when you just can run alone and port to a flag, using your biggest aoe spell to leech the reward?

I understand the need for casual gamers to have their way to have fun, without having to be fully geared and in the most optimal group setup, but daoc original mechanics are already doing that. if you can't beat them, bring more. That's what some guilds already do successfully~

It seems to me you are the one only seeing your side of the coin here~
Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:30 PM by PingGuy
Fk_ wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:15 PM
I won't edit myself, apologizing for the harsh comment on special olympics ( those guys are heroes) to begin with, but assuming it anyways, that's the only metaphor i had in mind~ Ty for the Ad Hominem tho.

You're welcome, maybe find an analogy that doesn't imply that enjoying simple mindless fun is akin to being born with a disability that prevents one from enjoying life the way the rest of us do. Following the tasks, teleporting, and zerging, is a choice. It may be a choice you don't enjoy, but it doesn't make you better than somebody else.

Fk_ wrote:
Back to topic, you want to have fun, but so does everyone who voted for the ports to be removed, or a better suiting idea to be found.
This is not DAoC RvR, it's a Battlefield 1942 Map rotating on 3 frontiers, demeaning totally the value of the OF maps.
Who's gonna PvE in the Frontiers near a flag now? (farming Moss Monsters near crim was very popular for 40s, and 50s roaming near could actually protect them)
Who's seeing the mobs in the frontiers other than an aggro spot to die on when the 100 mid zerg rushes you?
Who actually thinks about group setup when you just can run alone and port to a flag, using your biggest aoe spell to leech the reward?

I'm not against a better suiting idea being found, but in the absence of that I'd prefer to keep the ports. That opinion doesn't appear to be winning the poll though, so it may not matter. I'm just saying that if they remove the ports, or the tasks, the end result may not be what some people think it will be.

When people call this Call of Duty gameplay or compare it to Battlefield 1942, they neglect to acknowledge that those games can be fun. That aspects of those game's mechanics can be good for PvP type environments. People are literally here on the forums saying they would rather have classic RvR, while calling for the tasks to be ended because nobody will do classic RvR while the tasks are present.

"My way of doing things would totally be more popular if all these other more popular things weren't around distracting everybody..."
Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:47 PM by Fk_
When you die in BF 1942, your team loses points, and you have to wait for some time to respawn, and the capture points are actually well thought and designed and they matter towards a collective goal. So the mechanic works effectively.

Right now, is there any Realm Strategy to make the task a collective realm effort, driven by a (KEYWORD) strategy? Any incentive to visit the frontiers out of the flags? My feeling is no, just tp and hope that you have more zerglings than their zerglings.
They introduced a lot of good frontiers xp/farm spots with the task items, but there is no way you can enjoy them anymore with the tasks (along with the addition of the ~400% xp spots in safe zones)

We have been said to specifically come here to discuss the issue on the forums, and got hard censored on discord while trying to do so bringing valid ( in my opinion) points "This Channel is now in Slowmode 120s" LUL.

You have to support every playstyle, but right now, there is only one possible.

PS: still waiting on the Ad Hominem apology~
Thu 28 Feb 2019 5:05 PM by PingGuy
Fk_ wrote:
I understand the need for casual gamers to have their way to have fun, without having to be fully geared and in the most optimal group setup, but daoc original mechanics are already doing that. if you can't beat them, bring more. That's what some guilds already do successfully~

How are the original DAoC mechanics already doing that? The original mechanics favor strict selection for specs, for group class composition, for templates. They require heavy organization to accomplish anything. They require you to win to get any reward. It's not a bad system, but it does very little to encourage the participation of casuals or solos.

I'm willing to see all sides of the coin. I'm not trying to stop people from playing how they want. I'm simply in favor of the tasks and the porting, from the perspective of a casual soloer.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 5:10 PM by Afuldan
PingGuy wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 5:05 PM
Fk_ wrote:

How are the original DAoC mechanics already doing that? The original mechanics favor strict selection for specs, for group class composition, for templates. They require heavy organization to accomplish anything. They require you to win to get any reward. It's not a bad system, but it does very little to encourage the participation of casuals or solos.

I'm willing to see all sides of the coin. I'm not trying to stop people from playing how they want. I'm simply in favor of the tasks and the porting, from the perspective of a casual soloer.

Ease of access > nostalgia.

We would be lucky to be seeing the first RR5 if EXP and RP gain was actually classic. I think I would be around level 35 on my main for the time I’ve played. So no thanks.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 5:30 PM by PingGuy
Fk_ wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:47 PM
When you die in BF 1942, your team loses points, and you have to wait for some time to respawn, and the capture points are actually well thought and designed and they matter towards a collective goal. So the mechanic works effectively.

Right now, is there any Realm Strategy to make the task a collective realm effort, driven by a (KEYWORD) strategy? Any incentive to visit the frontiers out of the flags? My feeling is no, just tp and hope that you have more zerglings than their zerglings.
They introduced a lot of good frontiers xp/farm spots with the task items, but there is no way you can enjoy them anymore with the tasks (along with the addition of the ~400% xp spots in safe zones)

We have been said to specifically come here to discuss the issue on the forums, and got hard censored on discord while trying to do so bringing valid ( in my opinion) points "This Channel is now in Slowmode 120s" LUL.

Every playstyle is currently viable, but only one is heavily incentivized. People who want to do all the things you are mentioning are not prevented from doing them, they just find the tasks more rewarding so they do those instead. I have no problem with them adding incentives for other activities.

In the realm tasks, when you die, one of the opposing realms gains points. Dying too easily helps the other realms win. At one point there was going to be a benefit to winning the task, but I'm not sure that survived the adjustments that were made after the initial changes.

People who care about strategies and accomplishments can worry as much as they want about those things. Nobody is stopping them. They may just find those things to be hard to accomplish in the current task zone. They should be advised to do those things in the non-task zones.

I'm not the one telling you that you can't play the way you want. You are the one telling them to remove things that I like, so I'm pushing back on that.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 5:32 PM by defiasbandit
Fk_ wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:47 PM

PS: still waiting on the Ad Hominem apology~

Some good points. The 400%xp in pve zones basically killed off a lot of action in the frontiers. Doing turnins in the task frontier should be thr fastest way to level. Putting some random flags in the middle of a zone seems detached from RvR. The objectives need to be more in line with the DAOC, and require more strategy.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 6:21 PM by Fk_
Luluko wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:51 PM
nah its fine as it is it gives a certain satisfaction ae rooting or ae dotting a fg or zerg as a grey and you get rps and they dont the downsite is you die almost instant tho

Dominus wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:54 PM
had my level 5 bard in rvr and was landing mez on 50s. I have 0 problem if I was worth rps, in fact, as a gray who can land mezzes on 50s, i should be worth rps.

Those 2 samples from another thread show how brainless the system is to be honest. I'd propose that greys can't port to enemy frontiers all along.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:29 AM by Chimosh
Question is:

When is something going to be done about the state of rvr at the moment.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:35 AM by jhaerik
PingGuy wrote:
Fk_ wrote:

No it only requires grabbing 4-5 speed classes inviting 20-35 random guys and rolling over people.

Zero organization required.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:37 AM by jhaerik
Afuldan wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 5:10 PM
PingGuy wrote:
Fk_ wrote:

Ease of access > nostalgia.

We would be lucky to be seeing the first RR5 if EXP and RP gain was actually classic. I think I would be around level 35 on my main for the time I’ve played. So no thanks.

When everyone is rr6+ no one is. It's just an illusion of getting something. When everyone else is getting the same amount no one is getting jack.

So Instead of RR2's fighting rr5's we just have rr4's fighting rr7's. Same crap.

I'm not stupid enough to think the 500rp I just got matters when everyone that did so much as die to a keep guard got the same 500 rp. It's just number inflation and a poor future proofing. By the end of the year anyone who so much as logs in and does a few laps every night is going to be rr9+. At that point people are just going to start getting bored.... and it'll be far to late to fix it.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:47 AM by Sepplord
jhaerik wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:37 AM
When everyone is rr6+ no one is. It's just an illusion of getting something. When everyone else is getting the same amount no one is getting jack.

So Instead of RR2's fighting rr5's we just have rr4's fighting rr7's. Same crap.

I'm not stupid enough to think the 500rp I just got matters when everyone that did so much as die to a keep guard got the same 500 rp.

That's not how it works though...it's not RR4 VS RR7 instead of RR2 vs RR5
Because of the curve progression of the realmranks combined with the decreasing rewards with realmranks the gap is much smaller, instead of RR2 vs RR5 it's RR6 vs RR6L5 which is a much smaller GAP between the casual zergers and the playalots (which is also why the High-RRs are complaining more and more, because they aren't getting the expected advantage, instead the casualszergers also have all their basic RAs pretty fast. When you were planning to farm the RR2-3 Zerg at AMB for a few months and now notice that the average RR in that zerg is much higher, and it is harder then your plan isn't working out)
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:54 AM by jhaerik
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:47 AM
jhaerik wrote:

I'm not stupid enough to think the 500rp I just got matters when everyone that did so much as die to a keep guard got the same 500 rp.

Because of the curve progression of the realmranks combined with the decreasing rewards with realmranks the gap is much smaller, instead of RR2 vs RR5 it's RR6 vs RR6L5 which is a much smaller GAP between the casual zergers and the playalots (which is also why the High-RRs are complaining more and more, because they aren't getting the expected advantage, instead the casualszergers also have all their basic RAs pretty fast. When you were planning to farm the RR2-3 Zerg at AMB for a few months and now notice that the average RR in that zerg is much higher, and it is harder then your plan isn't working out)

You literally stop by my every single post to incorrectly try to correct something that isn't wrong.

You are talking about people that are rr2 because they can't actually win fights. Those people are now rr4 from just running tasks. They got that participation trophy for showing up and doing nothing. The exrta RP does nothing for them. They aren't any closer than they were before. Eventually they'll just keep plugging away at it and hit a plateau around rr8-9'ish where they aren't get new RA's and they still can't win a fight.

Then they'll start dying to the alts of bored rr12's and mass log into the forums about "how op X enemy realm class is" because "their RR3 X killed my RR9 Y by doing Z)

Eventually we'll lose the majority of these players. The task system teaches people it's ok to be terrible at even the basics... because you'll get RP anyway. Do you have any idea of how many pug shammies I've had that need to be told to casts resists... or that thanes don't need an acu buff? I should not have to tell a 4L7 shaman how to fricken buff.

It's nothing more than a trail of breadcrumbs that leads to a brick wall.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 8:10 AM by Sepplord
jhaerik wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:54 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:47 AM
jhaerik wrote:

You literally stop by my every single post to incorrectly try to correct something that isn't wrong.

You are talking about people that are rr2 because they can't actually win fights. Those people are now rr4 from just running tasks. They got that participation trophy for showing up and doing nothing. The exrta RP does nothing for them. They aren't any closer than they were before. Eventually they'll just keep plugging away at it and hit a plateau around rr8-9'ish where they aren't get new RA's and they still can't win a fight.

Then they'll start dying to the alts of bored rr12's and mass log into the forums about "how op X enemy realm class is" because "their RR3 X killed my RR9 Y by doing Z)

Eventually we'll lose the majority of these players. The task system teaches people it's ok to be terrible at even the basics... because you'll get RP anyway. Do you have any idea of how many pug shammies I've had that need to be told to casts resists... or that thanes don't need an acu buff?

It's nothing more than a trail of breadcrumbs that leads to a brick wall.

I don't really look a lot at names, i just comment on a lot of threads. (Defias and newly Raunz are exception, cause their posts are recognizable without even looking at the posters name in many cases). I just seem to disagree with a lot of what you are saying, but that could be turned around forever. So let's just stick to the topic shall we?

a) the people you describe probably do exist, but i don't think they are as many as you claim, and i also don't think having them is worse than them not being there at all

b) what is the problem of the easy targets having a higher RR than otherwise, if they can't do anything even with it? Do you think they would cry less on the forum if they got farmed all day without any reward? (Well probably, because they would leave the server...)
Fri 1 Mar 2019 9:41 AM by Chimosh
lol
you are acting like RR guarantees that you win all your fights, which has never been the case with DAOC, and never will.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 10:31 AM by Sepplord
Chimosh wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 9:41 AM
lol
you are acting like RR guarantees that you win all your fights, which has never been the case with DAOC, and never will.

if that was targetted at me: i had misworded my comment under point b). I have edited to make more sense now.

I was just repeating the person i quoted claim that it doesn't matter if the noob is RR2 or RR10, they will lose anyways. Which raises the question, why complain about it, if it doesn't make any difference?
Fri 1 Mar 2019 11:27 AM by Chimosh
I have made a quick video of just how ridiculous this porting system is.

It has to go.

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6x_LPaPszI&feature=youtu.be
Fri 1 Mar 2019 11:45 AM by BlackholeX
Chimosh wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 11:27 AM
I have made a quick video of just how ridiculous this porting system is.

It has to go.

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6x_LPaPszI&feature=youtu.be

All I get from this is someone feeding and or committing suicide into the same two players. Aside from why you did this I'm not going to dive into but not sure how this proves teleporting is bad and not your game play. BTW, I don't like the teleporting either =P.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 11:56 AM by Chimosh
BlackholeX wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 11:45 AM
All I get from this is someone feeding and or committing suicide into the same two players. Aside from why you did this I'm not going to dive into but not sure how this proves teleporting is bad and not your game play. BTW, I don't like the teleporting either =P.

Never go full retard.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 3:15 PM by PingGuy
jhaerik wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 7:35 AM
No it only requires grabbing 4-5 speed classes inviting 20-35 random guys and rolling over people.

Zero organization required.

You and I have different definitions of "zero organization required." Let me explain how zero organization works for a casual soloer: You show up.

Right now the system promotes me just showing up wherever I can find other people. I don't have to talk to anybody or coordinate anything. I just show up and attack the enemy. Maybe eventually I'll have some interest in organized RvR, but I'm not there yet.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 5:29 PM by defiasbandit
Map of Midgard border keep zones with new objectives.

https://imgur.com/a/29ucyza
Fri 1 Mar 2019 6:30 PM by chryso
defiasbandit wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 5:29 PM

No thanks, it is hard enough to get xp items in midgard as it is.
You just stepped on a lot of xp item spots with rvr tasks.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 6:33 PM by defiasbandit
chryso wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 6:30 PM
defiasbandit wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 5:29 PM

No thanks, it is hard enough to get xp items in midgard as it is.
You just stepped on a lot of xp item spots with rvr tasks.

What kind of rationale is that? It is the Frontiers, it is supposed to be dangerous. You can xp there when the task is in the other 2 frontiers. XP task in the frontier task at your own peril. The XP for turnins like snow should be increased I think.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 6:15 AM by Chimosh
How long do we have to wait till TP is removed?
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:50 AM by Pao
Shame there is no ingame voting. Pretty sure majority want to keep the teleport.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:56 AM by Mac
Pao wrote:
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:50 AM
Shame there is no ingame voting. Pretty sure majority want to keep the teleport.

I'm pretty sure the majority don't care if it stays or goes, they play the game as they find it. Of those few of us who do care, a slight majority would like to see it removed or modified.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 6:00 PM by Khain
I'd rather see them moved to tp into keeps owned by the realm as long as they arent UA.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 6:01 PM by Jabberwockie
yes they should, it benefits all the low levels who would never make it if they have to run. I also think the task should be split between 2 realms instead of just the one, or start a task in another realm 30 minutes after the first one starts.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 6:02 PM by Katye
Yes.

I think it makes it possible for people to solo.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 6:07 PM by Locut
yes
Sat 2 Mar 2019 6:08 PM by Acidbath88
Cant vote because its neither a yes or no. What I want is the NF system of porting to keeps that are in strategic locations. In fact, keeps, towers and most of NF features apart from map size and boats are better than OF.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 6:17 PM by Kinglui
yes,

but only for the guild who capture the flag ?
or only for level 50 ?
Sat 2 Mar 2019 8:01 PM by Kaosin
yes
Sat 2 Mar 2019 8:02 PM by Tagri
yes
Sat 2 Mar 2019 8:08 PM by Afuldan
I voted no. Place the teleports in keeps.

As in take the keep to get a teleport.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 8:11 PM by Slip
yes
Sat 2 Mar 2019 8:14 PM by Rorrif
No. But maybe just for invaders might work?
Sat 2 Mar 2019 8:18 PM by Quathan
I voted No for this but for the last few days Ive played some more and I changed my mind.. dont know why there isnt an option to change my vote but if I could I would change it to a Yes.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 8:49 PM by Lewk
The porting has been AWESOME. It has gotten people out and fighting and spread out that would otherwise never get through the mile gates. That being said, tying it to keeps could help improve the feeling of strategy/permanency. Either way, the teleporting in some form should stay.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 8:57 PM by Nefcait
Zero incentives to Raid keeps, It's just a huge brawl at the moment. getting jumped from every side when fighting. Flags are not terrible but if you decide to keep them spread them across all of the 3 Areas in the Taskzone so use yggdra forest,uppland,mt collory, cruachan gorge,forest sauvage etc. aswell
Sat 2 Mar 2019 9:16 PM by dbeattie71
Lewk wrote:
Sat 2 Mar 2019 8:49 PM
The porting has been AWESOME. It has gotten people out and fighting and spread out that would otherwise never get through the mile gates. That being said, tying it to keeps could help improve the feeling of strategy/permanency. Either way, the teleporting in some form should stay.

Maybe have a flag on the home side of the mile gates. Once that flag is captured, players can port to it, then have two outpost flags that if captured, let you port a little further in.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 9:52 PM by Draygon
Remove milegates completely, not just the doors, will resolve lots of issues once teleporting is removed.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:07 PM by Alistre
Leave it in it's current form - maybe even boost participation rp's & xp and make it an occasional event.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:23 PM by IlNando
Voted no, too messy especially in the flags areas.

IMHO Teleport is not a bad thing but need more and different restrictions, maybe a delay of some minutes (like five) after death and implementing the keep-line teleport of nf in the current maps.

About the overall task system, it's ok to incentivize players to be in fz but the "gray suicidal syndrome" should be avoided (task for lvl 36+ maybe).

What about activating two "invade xxx" tasks at a time for overpop realms ?
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:43 PM by Quik
IlNando wrote:
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:23 PM

IMHO Teleport is not a bad thing but need more and different restrictions, maybe a delay of some minutes (like five) after death and implementing the keep-line teleport of nf in the current maps.

About the overall task system, it's ok to incentivize players to be in fz but the "gray suicidal syndrome" should be avoided (task for lvl 36+ maybe).

Again, how is a grey who suicides ANY different then a lvl 45 that suicides exactly the same way?

I love how people automatically hate greys but I see just as many 35+ who are just running in to suicide before going back to there PvE lvling and waiting for task credit.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:59 PM by Acid
`NO!!!!

What's the point of offering a vintage daoc experience if it is to turn it into a Labyrinth revival?!

Oh and if you want to throw rp's at people, just raise the rp per kill instead of giving it to people expeing in Frontier...
Sat 2 Mar 2019 11:00 PM by Quik
Acid wrote:
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:59 PM
`NO!!!!

What's the point of offering a vintage daoc experience if it is to turn it into a Labyrinth revival?!

Well to be fair this isn't truly "vintage" DAoC, but I do think porters go WAY to far away from just simple QoL that we enjoy.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 11:00 PM by age0208
Keep some sort of teleporting. Needs some tweaking but its been a positive change over all. There has been more of all types of actions... solos, small man, mixed groups, pugs, and even 8 mans. I prefer clean 8 man fights but the most fun i have had playing daoc has been in large scale zerg like fights. I have had many 8man fights added on but have also had 8 man fights more frequently since the change
Sat 2 Mar 2019 11:13 PM by Acid
Quik wrote:
Sat 2 Mar 2019 11:00 PM
Acid wrote:
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:59 PM
`NO!!!!

Well to be fair this isn't truly "vintage" DAoC, but I do think porters go WAY to far away from just simple QoL that we enjoy.

I know I know... I wasn't really pleased by the NF RA system... but the port and the tasks?!
Sat 2 Mar 2019 11:33 PM by rubaduck
Why not make porting to keep instead, and give back the incentive to attack/defend them?
Sat 2 Mar 2019 11:34 PM by Toadster
I voted against porting, but do think that it's been really nice to have at times so I am ultimately conflicted. My primary concern is that once the ports are active, it basically shrinks the map and eliminates both border keep zones and sometimes even the teleport zones. Some appropriate sub-tasks to drive people into the other 3 zones of the frontier once porting is active, especially the two border keep zones, would be something that I'd be interested to see.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 11:43 PM by IlNando
Quik wrote:
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:43 PM
IlNando wrote:

Again, how is a grey who suicides ANY different then a lvl 45 that suicides exactly the same way?

I love how people automatically hate greys but I see just as many 35+ who are just running in to suicide before going back to there PvE lvling and waiting for task credit.

Well at least 35+ pay little rps and could have a -very little- impact on fights. Greys are totally no sense in mass rvr, annoying for enemies and also for realm mates (like the grey anis filling a flag area with grey shrooms with 100% miss rates and preventing any 50 ani to put down effective shrooms).

But if your idea is to restrict task to lvl 50, we'll sign me in
Sun 3 Mar 2019 12:48 AM by jhaerik
Quik wrote:
Sat 2 Mar 2019 10:43 PM
IlNando wrote:

Yep been abusing it like crazy when from 39-48 and gotten rr3 doing nothing but suiciding and farming some snow on defend midgard tasks (which are rare) took about 810 hours being afk 45 minutes out of the hour.

39-48 in about 2:30 hours of actual gameplay actually beats grouping.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 1:16 AM by Ardri
rubaduck wrote:
Sat 2 Mar 2019 11:33 PM
Why not make porting to keep instead, and give back the incentive to attack/defend them?

This. I don't think a single keep has been taken since changes.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 2:13 AM by Shies
yes, i like teleprort
Sun 3 Mar 2019 4:43 AM by sairam71
NO. why do u even need tasks? let people play what they want. why do u give out rps for tasks? rps should be for kiling players. give more bounty points for tasks if you want. There is no reason why people should be making 20k rps/hr going around in zergs aoe dotting. BPs for tasks is probably a healthier system.

Simply put designing a system as complicated as this this requires deep knowledge of game design and balance, not just ability to code.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 8:37 AM by Gnarrg
I definitely understand people who hate the new task system, and I'm not in love with it either. Simply porting into a zone into the middle of the action is not DAOC for me anymore. I hope they change it again, mere participation (aka afk standing around) should not be rewarded that strongly anymore.

I think ideally realm tasks should centre around meaningful action (individual, group) towards strategic realm goals:

1) Get your realms keep back
2) Get your realms relic back
3) Attack enemy realm
4) Capture enemy keep
5) Get enemy relic

The longer you participate in any of these tasks the bigger your share, the fewer people the more rps per task.
The two weaker realms can be assigned different tasks to make it more difficult for dominating realm to defend/attack.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 9:26 AM by Jojoh
Without the port it would be even more highway-only action :/
I'd spread them out further though.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 11:14 AM by Viperine
I think the teleporting to the flag thing is a great tool it's just been exploited by the players in a wrong way. Maybe something can be done to prevent afk'ing after teleport to a flag and getting task rps?
Sun 3 Mar 2019 3:19 PM by ibeturgood
Remove ports. Added mobility for stealther cucks to add and then vanish when caught is really good for ur server.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 5:59 PM by shin
given all other things remain equal, i vote for keeping the port.

i dont believe people actually dislike the ports as much as they dislike seeing afk people farming up levels and rps. so if the latter can be fixed, ports are fine. they are gret to spread out action and avoid milegates and get into the backland to roam around and find normal fights.

additionally on my wish list: ports to other zones of current task realm, or ideally tasks are spread out to 2 realms at the same time.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 6:35 PM by Cwtch
for me the Porting isnt Too Bad.. but there should be on a whole a 10 minute AFK timeout where you go LD if afk

as most port to the zone... then afk on the flag for the credit.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 7:02 PM by Sepphiroth75
It is pretty apparent we have a split vote. My suggestion is give us the ability to craft speed pots that are slower than hastner, increase hastner speed and do away with the insta porting.

This way people can get to fights faster to defens the realm. Also i want to get rps for taking keeps so we can get seige fights back
Sun 3 Mar 2019 7:18 PM by Quik
No speed pots or horses...you want speed get a speed partner or group or play a speed class.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 7:42 PM by Chihuahua
1) Permanent tasks in 3 realms at the same time
2) Porting only available to keep(s) that your realm owns. Porting is disabled when any of the keeps is under siege in that realm.

Easy fix to all problems
Sun 3 Mar 2019 8:15 PM by garrith
The different flags splits up action which is good.

Need more keep focused tasks - maybe decrease current rps per task and increase keep taking/defending rps.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 8:18 PM by stinsfire
No speed pots or horses...you want speed get a speed partner or group or play a speed class.

IMHO the design of speed classes is one of the biggest flaws of daoc and there is a reason no other pvp focused mmorpg I have ever played employed the concept of certain classes being twice as fast as others. I mean. it is not gonna change, because if we do some classes become useless and it wouldnt be daoc anymore. It would have been much better if they had given classes like Skald temporary speed boosts, cc reduction etc. for the team.

But imagine playing WoW and only 2 classes per realm get access to mounts and the rest has to run by foot everywhere.

I know Warhammer Online failed... (Although I was having great fun on freeshards on custom patched versions of the game.. I still dont know if I like the static hard-interrupt+cc heavy PvP of daoc more than the dynamic and more hectic pvp of Warhammer). But even in mythics second mmorpg they did not implement speed classes and allowed everyone to move at the same speed and get to locations quick on mounts.

Sorry for being a bit offtopic but it just came to my mind.

To be a bit more on-topic: Please give incentives to raid keeps. Not every class has a place in 8v8 groups and some classes are so much fun at sieging and defending keeps but I hardly ever see fights over keeps. Its mostly people ninjaing keeps while everyone is busy with tasks and doesnt bother about defending. Actually I had 0 keep fights in the last week with there defenders and attackers. And add NF keeps.. the old keeps are so terribly designed with all the weird angles and jump casting over walls etc.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 8:28 PM by kpax
i think it effects that action is splited by porting,so i say i am for porting
Sun 3 Mar 2019 8:33 PM by kpax
definetly good idea 3 realms same time task
Sun 3 Mar 2019 8:37 PM by Sarcast
It effects casuals like me: I port in to RVR now.
Well, don't know if it can keeps me going but at least I go now, as I wouldn't before cause I was farmed way before I saw any action ... so I skipped on RVR till this porting mechanic.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 8:38 PM by rubaduck
stinsfire wrote:
Sun 3 Mar 2019 8:18 PM

IMHO the design of speed classes is one of the biggest flaws of daoc and there is a reason no other pvp focused mmorpg I have ever played employed the concept of certain classes being twice as fast as others. I mean. it is not gonna change, because if we do some classes become useless and it wouldnt be daoc anymore. It would have been much better if they had given classes like Skald temporary speed boosts, cc reduction etc. for the team.

But imagine playing WoW and only 2 classes per realm get access to mounts and the rest has to run by foot everywhere.

I know Warhammer Online failed... (Although I was having great fun on freeshards on custom patched versions of the game.. I still dont know if I like the static hard-interrupt+cc heavy PvP of daoc more than the dynamic and more hectic pvp of Warhammer). But even in mythics second mmorpg they did not implement speed classes and allowed everyone to move at the same speed and get to locations quick on mounts.

Sorry for being a bit offtopic but it just came to my mind.

To be a bit more on-topic: Please give incentives to raid keeps. Not every class has a place in 8v8 groups and some classes are so much fun at sieging and defending keeps but I hardly ever see fights over keeps. Its mostly people ninjaing keeps while everyone is busy with tasks and doesnt bother about defending. Actually I had 0 keep fights in the last week with there defenders and attackers. And add NF keeps.. the old keeps are so terribly designed with all the weird angles and jump casting over walls etc.

Again what Quick said, if you want speed group up with a speed class. Can't compare it to WoW as it gives speed to the group. If classes in WoW had mounts and gave mounts to grouped members then it would be comparable.

Also agree with you on moving teleport to keeps, give us incentives to take them or defend them.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 9:36 PM by Vok
I vote yes to keep the flag porting. But make it so standing afk at a flag rewards nothing. Make it so you only get rewards if you attack another player not just die for doing nothing.

I'd also make it so only level 35 and above can get rps. You have the battlegrounds to reward rps below that and being able to do rvr tasks at such low levels sort of ruins the BGs. Why do BGs when the rewards for rvr tasks are so much more and easier to do?
Sun 3 Mar 2019 9:47 PM by Quik
Vok wrote:
Sun 3 Mar 2019 9:36 PM
I vote yes to keep the flag porting. But make it so standing afk at a flag rewards nothing. Make it so you only get rewards if you attack another player not just die for doing nothing.

I'd also make it so only level 35 and above can get rps. You have the battlegrounds to reward rps below that and being able to do rvr tasks at such low levels sort of ruins the BGs. Why do BGs when the rewards for rvr tasks are so much more and easier to do?

I thought they did change this so just standing at flag does nothing.

Are people still able to port in and afk and get credit? Or are they waiting to be killed for credit?
Sun 3 Mar 2019 9:59 PM by Anaethema
Changing my vote to YES but only if the porting is to keeps to make keep warfare relevant again!
Sun 3 Mar 2019 10:05 PM by Tranb
Allow TP inside keeps above a certain lvl.
Set this level higher for the defending realm than the attacking one.

Ex : Hibbies can port to Crim if the keep is lvl6 or higher
Albz can port from APK to Crim if Crim is lvl4 or higher
Sun 3 Mar 2019 10:22 PM by PingGuy
I voted yes originally, but I would be fine with the suggestions to change it to keeps.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 11:24 PM by Laviski
so how long is this poll going to be open for?
Its being a very divisive question, many i think looking for common ground. So we waiting for a result that is desired or is their going to be an end date?
Mon 4 Mar 2019 2:47 AM by Dex
No

Though I'm not completely against some form of porting, possibly to keeps with certain limitations.

The situation is more complex than just porting or not though. My perspective is that we have this arena version of DAoC going on, and the novelty has worn off for me. While I have appreciated the relative ease of getting in to the action, and the increased rate of RP gain to help everyone get to a semi competitive level (certain RA's are just necessary to even begin to have a fighting chance), I am longing for the more epic campaigns surrounding keep warfare, relics, and the supply lines to them. I don't think that this is just mere nostalgia talking, and though this may not be what people actually want, right now the incentive structure is actively discouraging that style of play and I think that needs to change.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 3:36 AM by Vack
Put the Ports in Keeps, Make Keeps Relevant. On top of that, make is so you have supply chains in order to open port.

Example must hold keep x and y to be able to port to z

Done Fixed
Mon 4 Mar 2019 6:49 AM by Guetzli
Yes, I'm not in general against some kind of porting, but not in its current state. I mean I can die in the group, release, port back and run back to the group which is near the flag, still involved in the same fight. That's not right.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 7:40 AM by Mac
I had voted yes early but after playing a few more days I've switched to no. I'm not against teleporting as such but think it should be changed to port to keeps.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 7:57 AM by Terrence
Vack wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 3:36 AM
Put the Ports in Keeps, Make Keeps Relevant. On top of that, make is so you have supply chains in order to open port.

Example must hold keep x and y to be able to port to z

Done Fixed

I think that's a good idea, port only to keeps with 2-3 uninterrupted supply chains.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 11:33 AM by Jaxx
And the result is :
Invasion of a realm - Update #4

Domination
After release, you will not be able to port for 2 mins. When clicking the porter, you will see a countdown that tells you when the 2min timer is over. In addition all players below level 40 will not be able to use the porter anymore. If you are below 40 and want to participate you have to run.
Lvl 40 for teleport is fine but the problem of teleport is always here, just wait 2min and free TP.... fortunately, the majority voted no. :/
Mon 4 Mar 2019 4:09 PM by danever2
I am undecided - as I do not know how it would be without the porting. Porting is good when large zergs should be avoided/bypassed. However other tactics will come up... without porting xMG-blocking and permanent static fights.. which no one really likes... so there should be a way to circumvent enemy to get into areas but maybe involving keeps...

moving flags into keeps will turn RVR into a mushroom/ scout camper disaster
Mon 4 Mar 2019 5:00 PM by Tritri
Well the community is clearly undecided about the matter, so some sort of teleport would be nice to see. But the current one should be improved
Mon 4 Mar 2019 5:13 PM by flyingnehpets
Changed my vote to yes, but it needs to be to keeps. Fighting over keeps has become pointless. Fighting for DF has become pointless.

Maybe change the port to Crim/Nott/Eras (w/e the furthest keeps in middle zone) but only allow porting to occur if X amount of friendly keeps are held. This would provide incentive to TAKE keeps and HOLD them. This could potentially open room for better 8v8, zerg, and better choke points for stealthers to do their thing. This idea has probably already been mentioned so I'll leave it at that.

- FN
Mon 4 Mar 2019 6:09 PM by FFpheonix
Still Voting No.

Tie the (new) Keep Porting with Flag Ownership, so that owning flags allows ports to the connected keep (new mechanic.) I think that works out better for both attackers and defenders, where openfield battles still happen, and improves the importance of Keeps.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 6:18 PM by Frigzy
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6169

Only a handful of votes so far, but as you can see, the question asked in this poll is one of the least clear cut.

Plenty of other questions have a significant response.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 8:20 PM by Expfighter
Frigzy wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 6:18 PM
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6169

Only a handful of votes so far, but as you can see, the question asked in this poll is one of the least clear cut.

Plenty of other questions have a significant response.

this 2 minute timer is no different than the BS 3 min timer after release, f this!
Mon 4 Mar 2019 8:38 PM by Grimmaz
Adding a timer feels like developers want to keep the porting and this is a way to keep it even though the vote is in the do not keep teleport to domination flag. Maybe I'm wrong but when you put a vote for something and the community decides no and you still keep it, that doesn't feel good. Especially when you've noticed a negative experience since that subject was put into the game. Tasks are going to be the downfall of the RvR experience in the long run. I know there are plenty of individuals who enjoy it but I also know there are a lot of others who do not like it. This game had an excellent old frontier experience when it was live, why not just let things happen naturally instead of forcing things to happen where you want them to? I could understand having tasks in game if you gave the community a chance to participate and enjoy RvR naturally and noticed there was a severe lack of participation. Then I might be able to get behind the idea. Until then, it just feels bad in that you could be having a really fun, solid fight with one or both of the opposing realms and then two or four more groups of one realm that was tasked to be in that same location and have it all ruined. I came to Phoenix because I love daoc and I enjoy playing with the friends I've made over the years playing daoc but the task system is making a lot of us not interested in playing. Most of that is due to the results that tasks bring which is massive zerging in an arena.

If you find my post opposite of your opinion, I challenge you to have a constructive conversation instead of the typical toxic "he's on the other side of the fence" reply. I hope the devs look at the vote again and see that the no vote is winning and decide to do the right thing and to stop the teleport to domination flags. We have a great game and so far the server has been a good experience but long term I don't think the players who don't like tasks and teleporting to domination flags will stick around.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 8:51 PM by Quik
Grimmaz wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 8:38 PM
Adding a timer feels like developers want to keep the porting and this is a way to keep it even though the vote is in the do not keep teleport to domination flag. Maybe I'm wrong but when you put a vote for something and the community decides no and you still keep it, that doesn't feel good. Especially when you've noticed a negative experience since that subject was put into the game. Tasks are going to be the downfall of the RvR experience in the long run. I know there are plenty of individuals who enjoy it but I also know there are a lot of others who do not like it. This game had an excellent old frontier experience when it was live, why not just let things happen naturally instead of forcing things to happen where you want them to? I could understand having tasks in game if you gave the community a chance to participate and enjoy RvR naturally and noticed there was a severe lack of participation. Then I might be able to get behind the idea. Until then, it just feels bad in that you could be having a really fun, solid fight with one or both of the opposing realms and then two or four more groups of one realm that was tasked to be in that same location and have it all ruined. I came to Phoenix because I love daoc and I enjoy playing with the friends I've made over the years playing daoc but the task system is making a lot of us not interested in playing. Most of that is due to the results that tasks bring which is massive zerging in an arena.

If you find my post opposite of your opinion, I challenge you to have a constructive conversation instead of the typical toxic "he's on the other side of the fence" reply. I hope the devs look at the vote again and see that the no vote is winning and decide to do the right thing and to stop the teleport to domination flags. We have a great game and so far the server has been a good experience but long term I don't think the players who don't like tasks and teleporting to domination flags will stick around.

Yep. I would like to know the final tally after they remove the accounts with 0 lvl 50's, but as it sits it looks like they are ignoring the fact that a majority don't want ports period.

I'm gonna wait a little longer but I have a strong suspicion teleports were staying regardless of the vote and I will probably be moving on to a different game soon.

I understand QoL and all, but ports and speed items ruin the game for me and I doubt I see myself playing much longer.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 9:06 PM by PingGuy
Let's be realistic here, it's 47% to 53% at the moment, with about 100 votes making up the difference. They don't want to run off half the server by making a hard decision, so they are searching for a compromise. I'd bet they are working on coding a "teleport to keeps" solution to replace the current system, since that has been a very popular compromise suggestion on both sides. Don't force them to make a hasty decision, let them try to find a happy medium we can all enjoy.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 9:09 PM by Quik
PingGuy wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 9:06 PM
Let's be realistic here, it's 47% to 53% at the moment, with about 100 votes making up the difference. They don't want to run off half the server by making a hard decision, so they are searching for a compromise. I'd bet they are working on coding a "teleport to keeps" solution to replace the current system, since that has been a very popular compromise suggestion on both sides. Don't force them to make a hasty decision, let them try to find a happy medium we can all enjoy.

The issue is that these forums are NOT a good way to know what the entire server wants.

My personal opinion is that if you don't go to the forums then you give up your right for a vote in the game, but I still understand the players in the game might decide drastically different.

Also, we don't know how many voted will be taken out as I believe they said they would remove votes from accounts with no lvl 50's.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 9:13 PM by PingGuy
Quik wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 9:09 PM
The issue is that these forums are NOT a good way to know what the entire server wants.

My personal opinion is that if you don't go to the forums then you give up your right for a vote in the game, but I still understand the players in the game might decide drastically different.

Also, we don't know how many voted will be taken out as I believe they said they would remove votes from accounts with no lvl 50's.

At this point, I think the vote is pointless. That's not to say they shouldn't have had one, but that this isn't an 80/20 or 60/40 issue. It's close enough to 50/50 to be a no win situation no matter what they decide. So the best solution is to find a compromise rather than decide to keep/remove them.

If they keep them you quit, if they remove them maybe I quit. Lose/lose.

If they find something we can both live with, win/win. That's what I'm getting at.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 9:35 PM by Quik
PingGuy wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 9:13 PM
Quik wrote:

At this point, I think the vote is pointless. That's not to say they shouldn't have had one, but that this isn't an 80/20 or 60/40 issue. It's close enough to 50/50 to be a no win situation no matter what they decide. So the best solution is to find a compromise rather than decide to keep/remove them.

If they find something we can both live with, win/win. That's what I'm getting at.

I totally get it and I understand it is a rough decision.

I don't expect anyone to care if I leave and I certainly am not saying it as a threat to make them do it my way. Everything I say is my personal feelings on this and I am probably the only one that feels this way.

Ports are a cheesy way to get people to the action considering with a speed class you can get anywhere within a matter of minutes. Hell with hastener I can run from SF to Nott in a matter of minutes...yet people want ports to get to the action faster. All ports do is encourage AFK people to sit there to wait and die for task credit with the current system, and even if you switch it to keeps you just encourage people to play suicidal since you can port back. yes you can lose the port but in most cases you just wait a few minutes and you have it back.

People need to learn that dying has side effects and people should be afraid of dying and think harder on how to play well. I rarely use ports even now as I look for action omw back to the fz zones, but what is hilarious is, if mid loses all the ports you literally have 100 mids sitting at the porter and waiting for someone to open it up instead of going out to help. The ports encourage lazy gameplay and IMHO it takes away from what the game is trying to do which is increase RvR activity.

The old tasks at least had more people actively trying, yes they might get nailed at a milegate or somewhere before or after, but since the new changes with the ports I see half the groups around actively playing, and the other half just sitting afk.

People want instant action, soloers want quick access, small mans want instant access, but again, IMHO, all this is doing is promoting lazy play and not active smart play.

The dev's will do what they want, but in beta it was made clear they would never add porters or speed items and yet here we are, porters in the game. They still say no speed items but if they won't keep their words on porters why should I think they won't add speed items? I know a lof of people would love it, but it just takes more away from classes in exchange for convenience.

I mentioned in other threads that the only thing that would get me to quit would be speed increasing items, and ports are a million times worse.

I understand the vote was close, but it was still a majority saying no and there was not a 3rd option of compromise. Compromise does nothing for those of us that voted no because we don't want ports...period. It is simply another way of saying yes and the minority vote of yes will win because ports will stay.

Is it really a compromise if ports stay and the majority of us simply do not want ANY ports? A compromise might be ports every 20 minutes, but simply moving the ports to keeps is not a compromise, it is simply changing the results to suit what the minority asked for and not what the majority voted for.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 9:57 PM by PingGuy
Quik wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 9:35 PM

I don't expect anyone to care if I leave and I certainly am not saying it as a threat to make them do it my way. Everything I say is my personal feelings on this and I am probably the only one that feels this way.

Ports are a cheesy way to get people to the action considering with a speed class you can get anywhere within a matter of minutes. Hell with hastener I can run from SF to Nott in a matter of minutes...yet people want ports to get to the action faster. All ports do is encourage AFK people to sit there to wait and die for task credit with the current system, and even if you switch it to keeps you just encourage people to play suicidal since you can port back. yes you can lose the port but in most cases you just wait a few minutes and you have it back.

People need to learn that dying has side effects and people should be afraid of dying and think harder on how to play well. I rarely use ports even now as I look for action omw back to the fz zones, but what is hilarious is, if mid loses all the ports you literally have 100 mids sitting at the porter and waiting for someone to open it up instead of going out to help. The ports encourage lazy gameplay and IMHO it takes away from what the game is trying to do which is increase RvR activity.

The old tasks at least had more people actively trying, yes they might get nailed at a milegate or somewhere before or after, but since the new changes with the ports I see half the groups around actively playing, and the other half just sitting afk.

People want instant action, soloers want quick access, small mans want instant access, but again, IMHO, all this is doing is promoting lazy play and not active smart play.

The dev's will do what they want, but in beta it was made clear they would never add porters or speed items and yet here we are, porters in the game. They still say no speed items but if they won't keep their words on porters why should I think they won't add speed items? I know a lof of people would love it, but it just takes more away from classes in exchange for convenience.

I mentioned in other threads that the only thing that would get me to quit would be speed increasing items, and ports are a million times worse.

I understand the vote was close, but it was still a majority saying no and there was not a 3rd option of compromise. Compromise does nothing for those of us that voted no because we don't want ports...period. It is simply another way of saying yes and the minority vote of yes will win because ports will stay.

Is it really a compromise if ports stay and the majority of us simply do not want ANY ports? A compromise might be ports every 20 minutes, but simply moving the ports to keeps is not a compromise, it is simply changing the results to suit what the minority asked for and not what the majority voted for.

I don't want people to leave, which is why I'm hoping they find a compromise most people can live with. I could live with ports every 20 minutes, I just want to get back to the action quickly whenever possible. As it is now, when I play Albion, there's never any ports available anyway, so I just run. Then I get ganked by a stealther on the way, and end up waiting a bit before heading out again. Before they added teleporters, when I was playing Hib and the dominate task was up in Breifine, 9 times out of 10 I would get ganked by a stealther before I even got in zone for the credit. At least now I get something for failing to arrive. But I'd rather just port in and then die trying to accomplish something. Dying on the way there makes me not want to play, similarly to how having porters makes you not want to play. Hopefully they can find a way to make us both happy.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 10:09 PM by defiasbandit
Quik wrote:
PingGuy wrote:
Quik wrote:

Speed items are a good thing.

The issue with porting is that the defending realm can port. As you said Mids are huddled around SF waiting to port instead of running through Uppland. That is what is wrong with the system.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 10:16 PM by Quik
defiasbandit wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 10:09 PM

The issue with porting is that the defending realm can port. As you said Mids are huddled around SF waiting to port instead of running through Uppland. That is what is wrong with the system.

Other then you and I going around on speed items LOL you are very close to the mark.

I am mainly talking about my own realm mates, and I'm sure it happens in the other realms, where they are sitting at the flag porter and literally waiting until they can port.

The soloers were brought up, and trust me I HATE stealthers with a passion, I think no ports is a good thing for them so they can pick off targets between there port in point and their task destination port.

But just making it so defending realm can't port doesn't fix this since this happens whether we are defenders or attackers. People need to be active or get the hell out of RvR. Porting just encourages less activity while running means you HAVE to be active for at least the trip there.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 10:59 PM by defiasbandit
Quik wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 10:16 PM
defiasbandit wrote:

Other then you and I going around on speed items LOL you are very close to the mark.

I am mainly talking about my own realm mates, and I'm sure it happens in the other realms, where they are sitting at the flag porter and literally waiting until they can port.

The soloers were brought up, and trust me I HATE stealthers with a passion, I think no ports is a good thing for them so they can pick off targets between there port in point and their task destination port.

But just making it so defending realm can't port doesn't fix this since this happens whether we are defenders or attackers. People need to be active or get the hell out of RvR. Porting just encourages less activity while running means you HAVE to be active for at least the trip there.

If the defending realm can't port and there are objectives they can do in their border keep zones, then the invaders can travel to the border keep zones to fight the defenders there. It moves players into other zones. The teleports should be to keeps instead of flags, partly because flags just change hands so frequently. Allowing invaders to teleport to a keep not only makes keep warfare repevant to the task, but it allows players to skip the milegates which are riddled with stealthers etc..
Mon 4 Mar 2019 11:01 PM by Brokenstring
Players already can perma-sprint super easy on this server. No one is ever out of end here on this server, even without a Pally/Shaman/Bard, which means endless kiting ability when solo.

The tasks themselves promote mindless brainless zombie zerging without any strategy or forming of groups, and promotes more AFK time for 56 of the 60 minutes for each realm task. It's a poorly designed task system, IMO, and needs some serious overhaul for the long term health of RvR. Casual and serious RvR. Any system that encourages, or allows, a player to AFK for so long, without actively playing, while still getting rewarded is flawed for sure.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 11:47 PM by Expfighter
Quik wrote:
PingGuy wrote:
Quik wrote:

no but the teleports do help people get around the milegate shroom camping turds or the mids with 9 fg's camping amg! thats what the ports help with!
Tue 5 Mar 2019 12:31 AM by BisbyHoughton
I like the idea of tying teleporting to keep ownership as a compromise. If that still seems to create the same issues, then it can be addressed from there.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 12:37 AM by Grimmaz
defiasbandit wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 10:59 PM
Quik wrote:
Mon 4 Mar 2019 10:16 PM
defiasbandit wrote:

If the defending realm can't port and there are objectives they can do in their border keep zones, then the invaders can travel to the border keep zones to fight the defenders there. It moves players into other zones. The teleports should be to keeps instead of flags, partly because flags just change hands so frequently. Allowing invaders to teleport to a keep not only makes keep warfare repevant to the task, but it allows players to skip the milegates which are riddled with stealthers etc..

Yeah having a task system in play is causing all of this debate and negative experience. Realm points and improving your character is the reward for participation in RvR and it should come in the way it was designed through keeps, taking relics, destroying other realms players. The task system itself has given a lot of players a negative experience. I would rather see the game be played as it was intended and if for some reason there was a lack of participation in rvr (highly doubtful as its what the game has been built around) then a system like tasks might have been entertained. Quik has made a perfect point in regards to compromise. There isn't any compromise when the winning vote says no ports and the developers are saying yeah we're keeping ports anyway but you all just have to wait a 2 minute timer after death. That isn't a compromise, its a we're gonna keep it anyway but hopefully too many people won't complain if we put a short timer in.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 1:11 AM by Dacht
Teleporting, to me, is the worst implementation in the game.

It allows players to completely bypass action that can and does occur at strategic chokepoints throughout the frontier.

It eliminates the ability for players to find good ambush points along reinforcement routes to harrass supply lines.

It eliminates the value of sending intel, because the field changes too quickly for information to be important.

It not only encourages unorganized zerging, but it ENHANCES it. Not only can players just port out and run haphazzardly into the fight, but they don't have to coordinate anything either, so the zerg can never really be slowed down, it has a constant trickle of reinforcements. Without porting, small groups and solos have two choices: Be very creative in how they get to where the larger force is, or move en force.

Making players run to the frontier creates numerous opportunities for interesting, strategic, and fun encounters. With perma sprint and hastener speed, porting is really not a neccessity anyway.

Take out the teleports, and put out tasks in all 3 realms once every 4 hours or so. That way, there will be times where rvr is very condensed and frantic, and times where the players, not the tasks system will dictate how rvr plays out.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 2:12 AM by Tiberian1986
@ Dacht I dont see that. My sb just camps the flags and blocks their reinforcement. The strategical point just moved from portkeep exit to the flag. WIthout flag the zerg will leave together the portkeep. With flags the zerg is split in one part who leaves the portkeep and some flag parts. So a fg has a better chance to kill something than without flag against a whole organiced zerg.
The reinforcement can be blocked my 1 single enemy staying near the flag. It is also nice for the causal player who dont have much time to just port in and fight.
My 39 shamy cannot port since the todays update (not possible under lvl 40) anymore. And I am not willing to run from uppland to odin without a skald. And this would happen without flags too. Ppl would run as zerg but the solo victims for assasine and ranger would be gone. I am not totally happy with that system but without flagport it will decrease the number of rvr participants for sure and would lead just to bigger zergs with higher kill downtime after a Zerg got wiped. Well the vote seems to be pretty close hehe.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 7:07 AM by Ceen
Afk RvR is not working guys. They get almost no RP doing so. If your RPs/h are comparable to afk taskers better put your own house in order.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 7:55 AM by Sepplord
Tiberian1986 wrote:
Tue 5 Mar 2019 2:12 AM
@ Dacht I dont see that. My sb just camps the flags and blocks their reinforcement. The strategical point just moved from portkeep exit to the flag. WIthout flag the zerg will leave together the portkeep. With flags the zerg is split in one part who leaves the portkeep and some flag parts. So a fg has a better chance to kill something than without flag against a whole organiced zerg.
The reinforcement can be blocked my 1 single enemy staying near the flag. It is also nice for the causal player who dont have much time to just port in and fight.
My 39 shamy cannot port since the todays update (not possible under lvl 40) anymore. And I am not willing to run from uppland to odin without a skald. And this would happen without flags too. Ppl would run as zerg but the solo victims for assasine and ranger would be gone. I am not totally happy with that system but without flagport it will decrease the number of rvr participants for sure and would lead just to bigger zergs with higher kill downtime after a Zerg got wiped. Well the vote seems to be pretty close hehe.

The strategical point moved to a flag....now that other flag on the other side of the map, damn, now it's the two other flags....etc...
Flags are taken/lost too fast and porting immediatly starts. It is not possible to cut of reinforcements, once the task has advanced into a later stage.

And what does the solo get for blocking the port? Nil
So why should he do it? So others can then farm reinforcement routes?
This is an MMO with individual players, not a RTS-game where you just send a blocker-unit to the flags and have your main-army in strategic positions.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 11:33 AM by otinanai
I was ok with custom changes in pve but was hoping that they would leave rvr as classic-like as possible. sadly this porting system makes it feel more like NF rather than classic. If it stays i fear we might see the population start to drop soon as NF was generally hated by most of the community.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 12:45 PM by Terrence
I feel the devs should at this point at least acknowledge the result of the poll, and promise to implement the decision of the (slight) majority in a good way. Otherwise they're going the Uthgard way where Devs simply didn't like the wishes of its players and did whatever they felt was right... not a good precedent to set.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 1:37 PM by Sepplord
Terrence wrote:
Tue 5 Mar 2019 12:45 PM
I feel the devs should at this point at least acknowledge the result of the poll, and promise to implement the decision of the (slight) majority in a good way. Otherwise they're going the Uthgard way where Devs simply didn't like the wishes of its players and did whatever they felt was right... not a good precedent to set.

I voted for No but i still have to admit that the current poll is a half/half split. 3% majority is within errormargin.
Acting either way pushes half the playerbase away, and is the worst outcome that could have happened.
If teleportation had never been implemented there wouldn't be the current problem, but since porting was there now taking it away is a compltely different thing
Tue 5 Mar 2019 1:44 PM by FFpheonix
The solution is to tie the porting with other actions within RvR so that the ability to port can be easily lost (meaning it needs to be actively defended and/or earned.)

Also, why not make porting "cost" 100 Dirt, Branches or Snow? This seems reasonable.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 2:34 PM by Terrence
Being able to port straight into the enemy realm is problematic for many reasons, and destroys any logic of defending it. Groups can be anywhere, any time now, the realm gates made a lot of sense, even if people didn't like them as choke points. Allowing the defending realm to port inside keeps it holds (and isn't attacked) would make perfect sense, but the porting all over the place is just plain wrong. A dramatically game-changing feature that splits the community apart should have never been implemented to begin with without a meaningful vote.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 3:33 PM by Brokenstring
Exactly, Terrence. This poll should have been conducted BEFORE implementation. Not after. If the results were the above before implementation, porting would have never been implemented in the first place.

Now that it has, it's an entirely different ballgame, especially with such a close vote.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 4:25 PM by Dacht
Tiberian1986 wrote:
Tue 5 Mar 2019 2:12 AM

Your point about general zerginess might be ok, if recent history and experience from live didn't already disprove it. The frontier here is far zergier than live ever was, and the task/port system is the cause.

You also prove my point: "I won't run without a skald..". EXACTLY!! Without porting you are encouraged to GROUP and be organized because it makes being the lone ranger less viable unless you are one of the few classes with that design in mind.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 6:50 PM by Sarcast
You all should realize:
Forcing the plebs to do something can turn them away doing certain things at all.
If I'am forced to team up because you force me to YOUR fun ... I'am gone ...

The challenge is to not turn anyone off ...
If one can choose how to spend their free time we all can have more fun.
Wed 6 Mar 2019 8:48 AM by Zuhm
I also think that porting deep within a realm frontier should be related with keeps hold by the realm in this area. It will encourage this aspect of RvR that I see so seldom since the port have been implemented : taking and defending keeps and all side RvR actions it involves.
Wed 6 Mar 2019 2:19 PM by Tritri
The current poll is now irrelevant since they did some modifications.

Some people may want to change their vote, most of them won't come back to the forum to change it.

If they want to survey the current experience, they have to do another poll

And in any case, it would be wise to wait at least a week or two before creating a new poll
Wed 6 Mar 2019 2:45 PM by PingGuy
I think people need to stop looking at porting as something that "feels like DAoC" or not, and start looking at it as a mechanic with upsides and downsides.

Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad, or maybe it depends on how it's implemented. Emain might as well be the moon as far as I'm concerned, you have to run across two full zones to get there. And sure, it's only a little longer than the trips to Hadrian's or Odin's for those respecting realms, but those are a bit of a run also. So what is my point? Porting to the opposing realm's frontiers takes a few seconds, and then you can run to a mile gate and get some action. People want action, and there should be some obstacle to getting to it, but determining the size of that obstacle is what matters.

The Domination Ports are probably too quick and easy. But they do require some effort to open, and that is good. I think running from DL or DC to Emain is excessive in any situation other than bard-speed plus perma-sprint. So I think some form of porting would be beneficial to keeping people engaged. Maybe having one single port to something in the center zones (Breifine/Pennine/Jamtland) would be beneficial. Take one zone out of the run, call it QoL. It can be conditional, it can require effort, whatever makes it balance out better.

That's my take on where things should go anyway. And I'm 50 now, so my vote should count, if you are waiting to tally them or anything...
Wed 13 Mar 2019 12:13 AM by Silentblade
so when will be the portshit removed?
Wed 13 Mar 2019 6:35 AM by Ceen
Silentblade wrote:
Wed 13 Mar 2019 12:13 AM
so when will be the portshit removed?
It's more or less removed, no one ports except home realm.
Tue 19 Mar 2019 10:14 AM by Laviski
should be moved to keeps, give keeps some value to protect/defend which at present doesn't happen. Plenty of keep takes but rarely any defense, probably cause the relics mean damm f-all.

but my vote was to remove which still stands on top.
Sat 18 May 2019 3:04 AM by Dramead
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:22 AM
As we get very different responses to our Realm Task Feature: “Porting to flags”, we would like to find out what the player community really wants.

For this particular poll we will check the characters on the voting account and only consider votes of people who have at least one level 50 character and made some RP since the introduction of the teleport. Once the vote is completed we will post the result with only the considered votes.

What the player community really wants is a portal to Emain for Hib.. How about you all post a poll for that since there are sooo many thread is suggestion asking for it.. And FYI its not just Hibs asking for it .. Both Mids and Albs agree that a portal for Hib is needed ..
Sun 19 May 2019 1:41 AM by Numatic
Dramead wrote:
Sat 18 May 2019 3:04 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:22 AM

What the player community really wants is a portal to Emain for Hib.. How about you all post a poll for that since there are sooo many thread is suggestion asking for it.. And FYI its not just Hibs asking for it .. Both Mids and Albs agree that a portal for Hib is needed ..

This should be included for all realms not within the task zone. And it should be by owned keeps. It gives incentive for keep defense.

Or just go back to task rotation.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics