Which realm are you going to choose?

Started 29 Jun 2018
by Uthred
in Open Community Votes
Im just curious about the upcoming population of each realm. Will it be Mid->Alb->Hib, like many people are expecting it to be? Please make your choice and feel free to comment on your decision. Changing your vote is enabled.
Fri 29 Jun 2018 6:38 PM by Glimmer
Alb cause i love their archers and minstrel for good solo adventures Also want to try sidi out
Fri 29 Jun 2018 7:42 PM by Mura
Most likely Alb this time around, but I can happily play any of the realms, so ultimately it will depend on where my guildies want to roll.
Fri 29 Jun 2018 8:05 PM by Patron
Hey, pretty sure i'll go Hibernia to play menta, vw and druid. And I guess the usual ranger too.

But it depends, if Hib should be the biggest populatet realm, maybe I take a look at Camelot after build up my hib base.
I want to try the Armsman!
Tue 3 Jul 2018 9:39 PM by Sanskrit
It's a very hard decision but I'm gonna go with Hibernia. It's the one realm I've never played before.
Tue 3 Jul 2018 11:42 PM by Haruspex
I am a Mid. Always have been. I have extensive experience playing the other realms, but whenever I do I never really feel completely at home.

I'd really like to play a Ranger on Phoenix, as well as a Reaver (who doesn't love Levi spam?) but I am unsure if i will feel comfortable outside of Midgard.

We will have to see.
Tue 3 Jul 2018 11:50 PM by Isavyr
I hate challenge, therefore I will play Midgard. Hopefully Savages have stoicism, so I can support these drooling mental handicaps with my three-healer setup and win fighty fights against superior players (until they eventually get PF and make my bad team cry and force us to reroll Albion.)

So yeah, Midgard.
Fri 6 Jul 2018 3:06 PM by kpax
I hope Alb wont be underpopulated
Fri 6 Jul 2018 7:19 PM by Ganaka
Which realm is in more need of a healer?
Tue 10 Jul 2018 6:10 PM by heardstheword
I'm on the fence between Hib and Alb for launch, since I only played mid in the past.
I picked Alb for beta to see if I want to stick with it or change for Launch. I figured Minst would be good to let me swap between stealther groups and 8mans.
Tue 10 Jul 2018 8:53 PM by Budikah
It's between Alb and Hib.

Depending on what class I really want to dig into as well...
Tue 10 Jul 2018 11:57 PM by Myr
Unsure at the moment but probably the realm with the best US community. Pretty excited.
Wed 11 Jul 2018 12:50 AM by MacPrior
Right today was a stress test for server. There were some low level animists, who blocked even lot of high level albs and mids by attacking hibs.
I mean. I like challenge, but Hibernia has a class which is at this patch situation very hard to deal with. Especially by keep- and reliraid-fights.
Animists are simply overpowered on this patch stand.

Besides of that Hibernia is the easiest realm for group set up - you need just drui-drui-bard as a ground set up, all other rooms in the group could be filled free and you could choose lot of the different group tactics - cast assist with various debuffs (and stun!), melee group, mixed setup.

Midgard is also quite free in the question of setup (heal-heal-shami-skald), but Mids use to build group in the same way most of the time - heal-heal-shami-skald-bers-bers-bers -runi, which is very efficient, but its a bit boring upon a time, also - always the same!. Very seldom small variance.

Albion is most challenging realm for the group building (heal-heal-pala-mins-sorc-theurg). So, it is most complicated to build a group generally and a way more complicated to build an efficient group there.

That's why Albion is most passive Realm in RvR - tried to build the good group and didn't find all you have to have to be competitive and successful. OK - and went level a twink number 100.

Here I must say, Albion is a most simple realm to rich lvl 50 very prompt. Better spots, comfortable spots, good dungeons, good SI Dungeons. Hibernia perhaps the worst one in this question.

I like Albion and Midgard very much, but here I would decide for Hibernia. I dont need to be disappointed while playing the game, just because the opposite realm has stronger setups and totally overpowered class on this patch stand. The game play has to bring fun!

In the case, the developers team brings more balance in the listed aspects for final release, I will choose the realm with lowest population for biggest chance of the contact with enemies. If not - Hallo Hibernia!
Wed 11 Jul 2018 3:40 AM by Shadanwolf
Hib would have been my automatic answer, My wife and I are considering Alb. Net net,,,,we don't know which of these two we will choose. it will not be Midguard.
Wed 11 Jul 2018 9:24 PM by Zottya
I can't see being a dirty tree hugger and I have always played Mid.... so I think I'll try Alb this time.
Thu 12 Jul 2018 4:54 PM by Kralin
The poll is exactly even as of today 33%/33%/33%.
Thu 12 Jul 2018 5:36 PM by Moondragon
Midgard because it's been at least 10 years since I last played it.
Thu 12 Jul 2018 9:30 PM by Ganaka
87-87-87 ... Someone trolling?
Tue 17 Jul 2018 12:19 AM by Bobbahunter
All i've ever played for 8 years was Midgard. Ill be playing again as a Hunter.
Wed 18 Jul 2018 12:51 PM by Warjon
It is between Hib and Mid. I have always loved Albion the most but after experiencing what the Necro did to Uth I would never dare take the chance of playing an Alb again.
Wed 18 Jul 2018 7:59 PM by Kennylives
Warjon wrote:
Wed 18 Jul 2018 12:51 PM
It is between Hib and Mid. I have always loved Albion the most but after experiencing what the Necro did to Uth I would never dare take the chance of playing an Alb again.

I thought about that too before picking Alb (again), but with the way groups work here and how great they are: necros aren't the necessity that they are on uth. Hopefully.
Wed 18 Jul 2018 8:34 PM by heardstheword
It's all about the Animist on this server
Wed 29 Aug 2018 8:14 PM by imissswg
Nice. As of my vote, it's:
Albs 124
Hibs 129
Mids 124

I hope the balance is this close when we go live!
Fri 31 Aug 2018 7:28 AM by Falken
Should also add an EU vs. NA category to this vote, because we all know that plays a huge factor in each realms pop during a given period of time each day.
Sat 1 Sep 2018 7:44 AM by Bethoc
I've settled on Hibernia. My former guildmates from Uthgard are mostly there, and it's a pleasant change after experiencing only Albion on that server, and Midgard on Genesis. I haven't explored the realm properly since Percival during SI, and even that was only a side interest relative to Alb Guinevere and Shadowclan Mordred.

Besides those reasons, the Valewalker is my favorite class after the Friar, and I'm enjoying three others as well - an Elf Pierce BM, Firbolg Spearo, and Lurikeen Light Mentalist.
Sun 2 Sep 2018 6:13 PM by Turtle006
Hey, we were on Alb Guin also (Dark Auspices). I got to Mordred too late for Shadowclan though. (I was in the guild, but there were never more than 1 or 2 others on)
Sun 2 Sep 2018 6:23 PM by SPNCatlee
Definitely Alb. I've tried other realms but always preferred Alb. My decade+ on live was spent on Alb/Guin (Dark Auspices).
-Aste
Sun 2 Sep 2018 8:24 PM by JORAAL
My guild ( Asia boys) and me will play hibernia definitely hopefully we find some decent groups on other realms !
Cheers
Mon 3 Sep 2018 12:06 AM by Bethoc
Turtle006 wrote:
Sun 2 Sep 2018 6:13 PM
Hey, we were on Alb Guin also (Dark Auspices). I got to Mordred too late for Shadowclan though. (I was in the guild, but there were never more than 1 or 2 others on)

Glad to see players who were on both servers. About Shadowclan, I recall WoW sapping our DAoC activity. Shadowbane also stole some members away, me included. Quite hilarious in its prime - there's nothing like a bunch of blue midgets surrounding and intimidating a lone pinky for shinies. HOOWAH!
Mon 10 Dec 2018 9:46 AM by Duukar
Hib or Alb
Thu 20 Dec 2018 11:13 AM by Hector
Forum has over 10 thousand registered accounts, so this is but a small sample size of the true population
Thu 20 Dec 2018 1:30 PM by jenskamen
yeah we will see how population is at start and where it settles in afer maybe 3 month
Sun 23 Dec 2018 3:31 PM by phixion
Mid.

I've played far too much Alb and Hib at this point and I want to avoid the Necro/Cabalist PvE cancer.
Tue 25 Dec 2018 1:26 PM by Jan
Me and most of my old comrades will take Midgard after Long discussion. we talked a lot and finally said ok when start new why not even a new realm. Always hibernia after more than 10 years is enough for us this time and we try a new home in Midgard :-)
Tue 1 Jan 2019 6:05 PM by EducatedFool
Most familiar with Alb characters, but will depend on what's available I guess. A couple of the char's I played before do not look to be available here. Overall, finding a good, active Guild will make all the difference honestly.
Sat 5 Jan 2019 1:15 AM by nixxo87
well we all know the triple healer skald 3 savage teams are going to own emain so w/e
Sun 6 Jan 2019 1:05 PM by radix
nixxo87 wrote:
Sat 5 Jan 2019 1:15 AM
well we all know the triple healer skald 3 savage teams are going to own emain so w/e

Haha, sure. If you haven't developed your playstyle since 2002 - you're right
Mon 7 Jan 2019 11:39 AM by Sepplord
radix wrote:
Sun 6 Jan 2019 1:05 PM
nixxo87 wrote:

has there been a decent DAoC server since then to develop my playstyle?
What has Mid evolved to? Since i am also expecting savagetrain with 3healers being popular
Mon 7 Jan 2019 10:57 PM by radix
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 7 Jan 2019 11:39 AM
radix wrote:
Sun 6 Jan 2019 1:05 PM
nixxo87 wrote:

has there been a decent DAoC server since then to develop my playstyle?
What has Mid evolved to? Since i am also expecting savagetrain with 3healers being popular

In EU you will not see many 3h/3s grps (if at all). Not sure about US, they tend to play stick grps for whatever reason.
Every decent Mid grp will at least run a BD and a Warrior/Thane.
Mon 7 Jan 2019 11:32 PM by Mike504
Torn between hib and mid. Played both extensively in the past, love both realms and a few classes from each. Will probably ultimately depend on where I can find a guild I like better.
Tue 8 Jan 2019 1:14 PM by Unda
Tue 8 Jan 2019 2:50 PM by astean
I chose Hibernia but honestly I STILL DONT KNOW which realm/class. Hibernia - it's either mentalist or Animist - leaning towards animist to have a strong farm toon.
Midgard - I'm thinking 2H Troll savage(I think 2H fits trolls appearance wise best - but will try h2h as well) or Troll hammer zerk.

Have no longing to play Albion at all...don't know why.

It's funny and frustrating that I still don't know and time is running out!

I don't think I've thanked those that have worked on bringing us this server but I wanted to take this moment to say: Thank you to all those involved in developing/supporting/working on this game to bring it to us. You have/had made many people very very happy. Thank you again!
Wed 9 Jan 2019 1:38 PM by Hejjin
I have created my characters on Midgard, but I may go to the underdogs (Albion) if the Midgard numbers keep rising and they are the dominant realm.
Wed 9 Jan 2019 5:01 PM by Cythraul
Albion to return to my roots. Class choice is a real bitch though. I like cabby because of crazy utility, but debating arms/minny/friar/theurg/reaver. Ugh.

Maybe I'll just start with Cab and let my alt-crazy nature take over after that.
Wed 9 Jan 2019 5:36 PM by BaldEagle
Yeah, you should go Alb. I always like playing for the underdog. When I saw the pop numbers in beta when I first started, it was low Mid so I went there. I'm too invested now with my guild, but if I was starting over, I'd go alb for sure.
Wed 9 Jan 2019 6:06 PM by Inactas
I broke the total votes from being 666 by voting Midgard. You're welcome Christian Albs.
Wed 9 Jan 2019 6:26 PM by Rakul
Honestly, it's considerably more even than I thought it was going to be. I'm still surprised that Albion isn't in the lead.
Wed 9 Jan 2019 7:36 PM by sugaree
I played Hib/Merlin forever as an Eld (Poland) so I plan to try Mid as SM. Will probably roll a tank & BD too. Would love to find a set guild for NA/EST
Wed 9 Jan 2019 8:26 PM by Afuldan
Did Alb/Hib back in the day, never really did much Mid so I’m starting a Troll Shammy. Because Troll is why.
Thu 10 Jan 2019 6:27 AM by kmark101
Not sure why ppl say it's pretty even, Midgard was dominating in numbers the whole stress test. At the beginning (when most addicted ppl rolled) it was like 20-30% more mid than the 2nd Hib.
Thu 10 Jan 2019 10:19 AM by Mac
kmark101 wrote:
Thu 10 Jan 2019 6:27 AM
Not sure why ppl say it's pretty even, Midgard was dominating in numbers the whole stress test. At the beginning (when most addicted ppl rolled) it was like 20-30% more mid than the 2nd Hib.

Probably depended on when you were checking. I live in Europe and most of the times I checked it was quite even between Mids and Hibs with Albs always in 3rd place.
Thu 10 Jan 2019 11:10 AM by Sepplord
Mac wrote:
Thu 10 Jan 2019 10:19 AM
kmark101 wrote:
Thu 10 Jan 2019 6:27 AM

Probably depended on when you were checking. I live in Europe and most of the times I checked it was quite even between Mids and Hibs with Albs always in 3rd place.

Hibs never were even close when i checked (EU friday/saturday nights) UNLESS there was an event aka the hibs didn't have to run to Emain.

Imo Hibs have the most attractive classes and groupsetups, but suffer from the Emain run.
Albs/Mids are similar (to me) but several things kind of stigmatize albs a bit (even if it might be completely different on phoenix): -worse to build PUG for RvR -levelling community destroyed by necro/cabba (probably not an issue here) -Stigma of Zergrealm/Noobrealm etc...
Sat 12 Jan 2019 7:02 AM by MacPrior
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 10 Jan 2019 11:10 AM
Imo Hibs have the most attractive classes and groupsetups, but suffer from the Emain run.

I think Hibs have 2 Problems with rvr -
1. find a Bard
2. find a Bard who can play this toon.
Sat 12 Jan 2019 7:36 AM by Sepplord
MacPrior wrote:
Sat 12 Jan 2019 7:02 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 10 Jan 2019 11:10 AM

I think Hibs have 2 Problems with rvr -
1. find a Bard
2. find a Bard who can play this toon.

As if that was a bigger Problem than finding a good pacci...
Sat 12 Jan 2019 7:44 AM by MacPrior
Played all 3 realm on live and could say - yes, Bard to find ist harder then find a paci or sorc. Both last classes are more funny to play also on the way to lvl 50. A bard there is just crap. And also at lvl 50, a bard is one of the hardest to play class.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics