heavy tank

Started 21 Feb 2019
by Roks
in Open Community Votes
I think all 3 heavy tanks need to get their AE taunt. Will help out in pve and pvp. The pbaoe demezz shout.
Maybe the abs grp buff, and maybe the extra resists.

I dont think that heavy tanks should get climbing spikes.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 12:53 AM by opossum12
That’s a nice opinion... too bad it’s worthless because you didn’t think about any argument to support it.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:27 AM by Arla
Roks wrote:
Thu 21 Feb 2019 7:11 PM
I think all 3 heavy tanks need to get their AE taunt. Will help out in pve and pvp. The pbaoe demezz shout.

This
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:21 PM by Amp_Phetamine
opossum12 wrote:
Fri 22 Feb 2019 12:53 AM
That’s a nice opinion... too bad it’s worthless because you didn’t think about any argument to support it.

Lmfao haha
Thu 25 Apr 2019 8:44 PM by kratoxin
Arla wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:27 AM
Roks wrote:
Thu 21 Feb 2019 7:11 PM

This
Fri 26 Apr 2019 6:43 PM by The Skies Asunder
The heavy tank patch was nice on Live. I think it would help them out a bit, to give some incentive to play them over light tanks. Sort of ties in with people asking for the slam nerf on non-heavy tanks also.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 8:53 PM by Duse
I agree the heavy tank needs a little boost, whether or not the devs ever look at or consider these changes is another story. There is a reason live version boosted heavy tanks, it’s unfortunate Phoenix doesn’t see that
Mon 29 Apr 2019 9:05 PM by Roks
opossum12 wrote:
Fri 22 Feb 2019 12:53 AM

I would think some of these would be non-arguable. AE taunt? Dont think heavy tanks would benefit greatly in pve with that ability? You will see more groups allowing tanks in for leveling and even farming, and not because they have an empty slot open and a block bot would be helpful.

The demezz shout is a small answer to the age old complaint about CC. It will not break the cc game because of all the other types out there, but this would allow more utility to be placed in a group with a heavy tank.

The passive resist increases makes a pure tank, a real tank. There is no reason why a caster should be able to melt a heavy tank with in a few seconds, even if a good healer is behind them. But can that be said if its vise versa? Sure heavy tanks can hit hard. But the trade off is a slower swing speed. But casters max out dex and still hit as hard. This would bring a rock paper scissors aspect of the game back to life.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:43 AM by opossum12
I kind of agree with you tbh, I really like where heavy tanks are on live, it's basically an unkillable character you need to move around in rvr, makes it interesting (and frustrating at times).

However, these are the kind of changes that happened over time on live that some people will consider as heresy and too far from "daoc". For phoenix I think the 20% passive resists being secondary resists (undebuffable) makes it very strong. If they do add it, they would need to remove aom working on cc imo.

As for bolster (un-cc shout on a 10 min timer), it would also be kind of strong. A decent rank heavy tank, with det9, stoicsm, aom (because it works on cc here), the 20% passive resists, would sit in mezz for roughly 5-6 seconds, then clearing all his group giving them mezz immunity for the start of the fight. On live it works because you have 15 other abilities to use but on pgoenix, the fight is a lot about cc.

My 2 cents
Mon 27 May 2019 8:08 PM by tweedledumb99
I think hero's fine solo, duo, trio, dont know how they perform in 8vx or anything 4+ really well.

Adding a class specific instant ranged rupt a la taunt would be nice, i wouldnt say no to it, but I dont think its needed.

But for groups, giving heavy tanks some utility sounds like a good idea, but I'm not qualified to give advice on that really since i limit groups to 2-3 ppl generally.
Tue 28 May 2019 5:57 AM by Sepplord
opossum12 wrote:
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:43 AM
If they do add it, they would need to remove aom working on cc imo.

That has been removed looong ago.

climbing walls would have been nice to have a use in sieges besides sitting in the ram....but that boon went to the lighttanks instead
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics