Increase Conc Pool for Druids/Clerics/Shamans

Started 18 Feb 2019
by unforgetable
in Open Community Votes
Speaking strictly of Alb since that is my experience here, but currently Clerics don't have enough conc to fully buff a group. Consider increasing conc pool for clerics or all main healers to rectify this. No reason why this should be a problem.

Other realms might not have this problem because of healers/bard being group utility viable. Friar, on the other hand, is still severely lacking.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:40 PM by chryso
I disagree about the friar lacking part. Alb needs to embrace the friar.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 2:21 AM by unforgetable
Regardless, 1 friar and 1 cleric can’t fully buff a group.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 2:40 AM by Quik
unforgetable wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 2:21 AM

Mid tends to run 2shamans/1healer and Hib tends to run 1Bard/2Druids so everyone gets buffed plus better healing.

Why doesn't Alb just run 1Friar/2Clerics if they want the group fully buffed?

Not really a game issue if people want to run some stupidly optimal OP setup and refuses to consider anything else.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 3:05 PM by chryso
Quik wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 2:40 AM
unforgetable wrote:

Mid tends to run 2shamans/1healer and Hib tends to run 1Bard/2Druids so everyone gets buffed plus better healing.

Not really a game issue if people want to run some stupidly optimal OP setup and refuses to consider anything else.

With all the hib caster groups I would think a friar with red heat resists would be sought out in alb.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 6:44 PM by unforgetable
It comes down to utility and how it is spread out on Alb. Friar just doesn't really fit into a comp with all the other things you need in the group to be competitive.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 6:48 PM by Quik
unforgetable wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 6:44 PM
It comes down to utility and how it is spread out on Alb. Friar just doesn't really fit into a comp with all the other things you need in the group to be competitive.

That is the issue right there.

On Mid and in RvR I have no issues getting into groups for RvR and part of that is I don't see people trying to build a perfect group. Hell, half the time our groupleader is just inviting whatever 50 pops up first in /gu asking for group or in /lfg asking for RvR.

When I was on Hib I did see people trying to build the perfect group a lot more often and it got old which is pone of the reasons why I moved to Mid.

I am not saying Middies don't do this, I'm just saying I haven't ran into it yet.

I kind of find this as a realm issue that Alb has brought down on itself.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 8:55 PM by unforgetable
Quik wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 6:48 PM
unforgetable wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 6:44 PM

That is the issue right there.

On Mid and in RvR I have no issues getting into groups for RvR and part of that is I don't see people trying to build a perfect group. Hell, half the time our groupleader is just inviting whatever 50 pops up first in /gu asking for group or in /lfg asking for RvR.

When I was on Hib I did see people trying to build the perfect group a lot more often and it got old which is pone of the reasons why I moved to Mid.

I am not saying Middies don't do this, I'm just saying I haven't ran into it yet.

I kind of find this as a realm issue that Alb has brought down on itself.

It has more to do with utility on the classes within each realm when trying to build out a group. We PUG people all the time, but there is never a need for a Friar just for the resists/bases. Friars bring so little to a group beyond that, it just makes you lose out on too much group utility that is absolutely needed to run. Classic it worked because you could single target disease and cure NS on Friar which brought their utility up a respectable level. Anyway, back to the original topic...

Please consider increasing Conc pool for Clerics.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:04 PM by chryso
Same here, Quik. Grab 8 and run out. Sometimes we have a shaman, sometimes we don't. Somehow we still manage to have fun. I know, hard to believe.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:39 PM by Ceen
chryso wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:04 PM
Same here, Quik. Grab 8 and run out. Sometimes we have a shaman, sometimes we don't. Somehow we still manage to have fun. I know, hard to believe.
Wait for the new 8vs8/discord biased task system and see whats left of your fun.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:43 PM by Quik
Ceen wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:39 PM
chryso wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:04 PM
Wait for the new 8vs8/discord biased task system and see whats left.

I really don't think it will matter.

The only class Mid seems to wait on is a Skald, and there is no wait because Skalds are overflowing here so no issues in finding them.

I'm certainly not speaking for everyone, just myself. The people I play with and pug with are not into elitism at all and are not into spending 2 hours forming the "perfect" group.

like Chryso said, we have gone out without shamans just because there was none available when the group was made. Sometimes we get rolled and sometimes we don't, and you know what? That's fine. We don't HAVE to win every time just to feel better about ourselves which is another reason newer faces is refreshing.

Times might change as we progress, but at least right now it isn't an issue for when I am playing.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 10:53 PM by Takii
Not sure why this discussion got derailed into something about 8vs8.

The original request makes sense. Right now it's actually impossible for a single buffer to use red buffs if they have specced for them because the conc pool is too low. You are forced to use yellow buffs, making speccing for red buffs useless (other than resists).

This is a problem that was fixed by ToA's 20% conc pool boost in the healer ML line.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 11:27 PM by Quik
unforgetable wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:21 PM
Speaking strictly of Alb since that is my experience here, but currently Clerics don't have enough conc to fully buff a group. Consider increasing conc pool for clerics or all main healers to rectify this. No reason why this should be a problem.

Other realms might not have this problem because of healers/bard being group utility viable. Friar, on the other hand, is still severely lacking.

Ok so I don't play Alb...is this an issue that ONLY affects Alb? Meaning do Healers/Druids have a bigger conc pool than clerics? Or are they all equal?

If they are equal then why in the world should clerics get a bigger pool? I played Hib and no one compalinged about it and I play Mid and no one complained about it.

If Clerics are smaller pool then yes I agree.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 11:39 PM by Afuldan
Quik wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 11:27 PM
unforgetable wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:21 PM

Ok so I don't play Alb...is this an issue that ONLY affects Alb? Meaning do Healers/Druids have a bigger conc pool than clerics? Or are they all equal?

If they are equal then why in the world should clerics get a bigger pool? I played Hib and no one compalinged about it and I play Mid and no one complained about it.

If Clerics are smaller pool then yes I agree.

Title is increasing all 3 realm’s main buffers. Even if conc is increased, 20 buff limit. Unless OP is suggesting that limit be increased as well.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:00 AM by unforgetable
Jesus.

They all have the same conc pool. The reason why Clerics or all need increased is because the other two realms have classes with a secondary buffer (no specs) that is almost always required for a normal comp (healer/bard). Sure man, you can run out without a shaman or a bard or a healer or whatever, but after 20 years of a game being out and you are trying to set yourself up for success... 95% of the time, you have a healer/bard in your group because of the OTHER utility they bring to the group (mezz/primary healer/demezz/celerity/etc) and base buffs are just a secondary to their primary purpose in a group. Friar is different since it is not required for a normal group setup therefore Albs don't get the secondary benefit of their bases.

EDIT: Good point about buff cap. Doing some quick math, would only reach 37 buffs total in a standard split group without spec AF. You run out of conc before you reach buff cap. If they are interested in increasing this, 25 could be new cap.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:06 PM by Tritri
Correct me if I'm wrong but you guys run 2 clerics all the time, no ? I mean, it's the baseline for a group to have 2 healers on any realm ? atleast cleric + friar or healer + sham, but you don't really go out with 8 people and only 1 healer ?

Then, even if one of the healer isn't buff spec, they at least have base line buff that are somewhat correct.

So first cleric bases everyone (most people only need 2 bases (dex const), still got 4 buffs for str for those who need it)
Second cleric spec all
himself : s/c d/q
other cleric : will most likely use his own spec buff anyway, even if lower
6 people : s/c d/q
can use the 4 lefts for AF spec, acuity is often not needed since people use charged item that are better anyway

am I missing something ? didn't play alb since a long time
You don't want to be able to full buffs pets aswell, do you ?
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:48 PM by chryso
unforgetable wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:00 AM
Friar is different since it is not required for a normal group setup therefore Albs don't get the secondary benefit of their bases.

Just because a friar is not REQUIRED does not mean that a friar can't be a useful addition. Don't friars get det here and a heal proc and isn't friar staff damage pretty good? And that 24% heat resist is a huge benefit to your healers. Try to get past your blind hatred of friars and try running with one.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:21 PM by Sido
The point is that any competitive alb group (non-pug, meaning correctly built around survival and able to compete with hib/mid groups built in the same way, not only for 8v8) gets only 2 clerics to buff a whole group, where hib (bard & 2 druids at least) and mid (2 healers & 1 sham at least) groups get at least one more useful toon to do the same, and there are some hib/mid classes with spec buffs to spare conc on druid/sham (champion, aug healer, etc). That's without even considering the AF buff which is specific to clerics but can't be used at all due to lack of conc/buff limit. On top of that, hib/mid could still have some spare conc to throw few buffs on pets.

That's a consequence of the abilities spread on many different classes like someone else already stated before : to get the minimum required abilities for a group viability, mid needs 3 (healer, shaman, skald), hib 2 (druid, bard), alb 4 (sorc, cleric, paladin, minstrel). That's leaving even less slots for lacking useful abilities classes like friar.

The conc pool increase is a short term solution, good for clerics/druids/shamans but extremely bad for friar's appeal to be invited in group. I would suggest to debate more on increasing friar ability range (more damage options with staff, more support abilities, etc) to get a slot for sure without dragging down the whole group effectiveness. As stated by chryso, it's maybe already good but only time will tell, if an alb group picks a friar and get some success in pvp, it would maybe enlighten friars a bit more in player's mind.

To be honest as a currently druid player, I see a conc pool increase (talking about an increase allowing use of red buffs as asked in the first place) for sham/cleric/druid as a small alb nerf instead of an up when considering also effect on hib and mid : druid and sham could get the red s/c increasing overall group hp and melee damages, sham could buff base themselves (so if healer aug dies during fight, the sham won't lose const/dext like now), mid healers can get a good str base buff to help killing pets with hammer instead of pac healer crappy one, while clerics will only catch up on the current state of the game by buffing AF on their mates therefore sparing golds from the AF charge use from items, which is already an available option for all three realms through alchemy. But item charges and haste potions are another topic, not core classes abilities relying on conc. Pets could probably get more buffs, but that means getting a second sorc over a friar/another petless class for sure to benefit even more of that modification : I played live against a 2-sorc group with mobs from an event -hypogoblins- full buffed on Agramon hitting like trucks and harder to kill than armsmen, not sure if Phoenix devs would like to allow such balance issue here.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 12:59 PM by dudis
You should always bring buff charges no matter what role you play, to make sure there's enough conc to fully buff everyone.

I've made sure i only really need bases on my chars.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 9:08 PM by teiloh
Tritri wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:06 PM
So first cleric bases everyone (most people only need 2 bases (dex const), still got 4 buffs for str for those who need it)
Second cleric spec all
can use the 4 lefts for AF spec, acuity is often not needed since people use charged item that are better anyway

Casters/MDPS require 5 buffs = Dexes, Cons + Str or Acuity
Clerics, Friars and Paladins 4
Necros 5

An average Alb group requires 38 buffs. No room for Spec other than on two people, maybe.
Sat 23 Feb 2019 10:19 PM by Tritri
teiloh wrote:
Fri 22 Feb 2019 9:08 PM
Tritri wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:06 PM
Second cleric spec all

Casters/MDPS require 5 buffs = Dexes, Cons + Str or Acuity
Clerics, Friars and Paladins 4
Necros 5

An average Alb group requires 38 buffs. No room for Spec other than on two people, maybe.

Well with the second Cleric buffing bases

We established first cleric uses 16 buffs,but I forgot he'll base himself, so 18 buffs

second cleric :
himself : 2 spec + 2 bases
other cleric : nothing
let's say melee group, so 3 melee : force / dex / const => 9
1 necro : 5 buffs
1 sorc : dex / const

total 19 buffs aswell

they both have buffs lefts to use on people that don't have charge acu or for AF spec AF. And it's the worst case scenario

Also btw, Alb don't NEED paladin to go out, they just need cleric / sorc / minstrel, so 3, like mids
Sat 23 Feb 2019 10:37 PM by teiloh
Tritri wrote:
Sat 23 Feb 2019 10:19 PM
Also btw, Alb don't NEED paladin to go out, they just need cleric / sorc / minstrel, so 3, like mids

So you have one healer, no end, half as many buffs, no disease, only one set of resists, etc in a three melee group
Sun 24 Feb 2019 6:04 PM by Tritri
As I statetd, worst case scenario
Sun 24 Feb 2019 6:16 PM by Quik
So basically you want cleric/healer/druid to have more conc. so that you have less reason to take another class to help with buffs, aka friar?

I will never be sold on how people NEED the perfect set up to compete. Take 2 clerics and 1 friar and your problems are solved.

Stop trying to increase how good a good class already is and in the process kill another class even more.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:07 AM by Arnfiarnunn
I ran for years with only one shaman and yellow buff for a fg.

Stop whinning albs and get out of your dungeons to fight in RvR.

ps: groups of 8 and no-stealth classes are allowed.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:38 PM by Fk_
Aug acuity is still a RA.
Fri 15 Mar 2019 6:21 PM by Ebenezer
Then stop crying about friars not fitting in the group and group one.
He'll cover his own buffs (other than str/con), and all the bases, and even have some left for pets.

Or group a 3rd cleric. Hib has to group a 3rd druid if they want aoe root and a 2nd pet in group, both things that that alb has all over the place.

And remember, that same distribution of abilities that limits alb group composition also makes albs stand up to the loss of a key member better, and lets them all swap roles in combat more. The Pac healer spends a lot of time not healing. So does the bard. And if one of those dies, the group loses a lot more than if the sorc dies.
Mon 18 Mar 2019 5:05 AM by Niget
Ebenezer wrote:
Fri 15 Mar 2019 6:21 PM
He'll cover his own buffs (other than str/con), and all the bases, and even have some left for pets.

Or group a 3rd cleric. Hib has to group a 3rd druid if they want aoe root and a 2nd pet in group, both things that that alb has all over the place.

And remember, that same distribution of abilities that limits alb group composition also makes albs stand up to the loss of a key member better, and lets them all swap roles in combat more. The Pac healer spends a lot of time not healing. So does the bard. And if one of those dies, the group loses a lot more than if the sorc dies.
I agree here! Friars got a melee damage buff.
They still get snare styles. Boom they peel.
They still get heals. Boom backup heals.
They get bases. Boom a buffer.
They get red resists in pretty much every spec.
Group one. You might be surprised how well off they are.

Hibs run Endo pots. You don't need a pally for Endo. But hell add one of those and an arms and you have a tank train!
Cleric x2, friar, pally, sorc, mini, thrug, arms
Or
Cleric x2, friar, sorc x2, mini, cab, thurg.

Basically cleric x2, friar, sorc, mini, add about anything to that and you will have a decent group!
Wed 20 Mar 2019 4:26 PM by dreenk317
Ya, people seem to be forgetting about potions and charges and all that fun stuff. Fact is, if any melee or caster in RvR doesnt have 1 point in tireless and longwind... they hurt themselves and your group. With those 2, one point RA's, lvl 30 endo pots are enough for them to not need a pally for end regen. And if your bringing a pally JUST for end regen. How is that not even more useless utility wise than the friar that can peel, heal, buff, etc.
Wed 20 Mar 2019 6:19 PM by Joc
Niget wrote:
Mon 18 Mar 2019 5:05 AM
Ebenezer wrote:
Fri 15 Mar 2019 6:21 PM

I agree here! Friars got a melee damage buff.
They still get snare styles. Boom they peel.
They still get heals. Boom backup heals.
They get bases. Boom a buffer.
They get red resists in pretty much every spec.
Group one. You might be surprised how well off they are.

Hibs run Endo pots. You don't need a pally for Endo. But hell add one of those and an arms and you have a tank train!
Cleric x2, friar, pally, sorc, mini, thrug, arms
Or
Cleric x2, friar, sorc x2, mini, cab, thurg.

Basically cleric x2, friar, sorc, mini, add about anything to that and you will have a decent group!

THIS.

/Thread
Thu 21 Mar 2019 11:22 AM by Eidorf
As a druid I can normally buff 7 of 8 which is stupid, I vote increase conc, it serves no purpose anyway.
Sat 23 Mar 2019 6:59 PM by Onnxx
Quik wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 2:40 AM
unforgetable wrote:

"Mid tends to run 2shamans/1healer"

WRONG... Cookie Cutter mid group will always be 2 healers 1 shaman. Been playing since release and I've only been in a group with another shaman in rvr 2x. Shaman cant fully buff the group and the realm has accepted it. If you rvr mid you're expected to have charges - Endo/Acuity/STr con and or Dex. It would be nice to get more conc but as a shaman, Id rather have some kind of instant heal or heal overtime in the mending tree.

As a shaman(Seer) we cant even spend RA points to get an instant heal that heals our-self in combat.
Sun 24 Mar 2019 4:03 AM by dansari
Onnxx wrote:
Sat 23 Mar 2019 6:59 PM

WRONG

Pretty sure he just switched them on accident as anyone who's played mid for 18 minutes knows you want two healers...

A nice QoL would be increasing the conc pool by like.. 10% and capping at 22. But honestly the Friar should just be made more relevant for alb groups and this issue fixes itself. It is odd that you can't actually use red buffs on the whole group even if you've invested in them, but not sure if it's something actually worth changing since it's consistent across all 3 realms.
Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:30 AM by Fk_
Aug acuity...
Ez buff Charges...
Sun 24 Mar 2019 4:07 PM by Quik
dansari wrote:
Sun 24 Mar 2019 4:03 AM
Onnxx wrote:
Sat 23 Mar 2019 6:59 PM

WRONG

Pretty sure he just switched them on accident as anyone who's played mid for 18 minutes knows you want two healers...

A nice QoL would be increasing the conc pool by like.. 10% and capping at 22. But honestly the Friar should just be made more relevant for alb groups and this issue fixes itself. It is odd that you can't actually use red buffs on the whole group even if you've invested in them, but not sure if it's something actually worth changing since it's consistent across all 3 realms.

I did, my typing gets ahead of my mind at times...
Fri 29 Mar 2019 7:33 AM by lennyko
Why should shaman get more Power. arent the ista styles enough?
Fri 29 Mar 2019 9:08 AM by Lazarett
Maximise your PIETY/EMPATIE.
My Schamn can buff a our Guildgroup.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 2:54 PM by Sevorin
I agree. On live (classic) I ran a druid with high nurture. It drove me nuts that I could not fully buff my group. If you are going to throw the points in the spec, it should increase the amount of conc you get
Sat 20 Apr 2019 7:31 AM by teiloh
Conc system is really outdated, but we're sticking with it, I think this makes a lot of sense.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 6:13 PM by Quik
I actually take everything back about restrictions on conc pool.

I used to believe there should be a cap to try to keep things fair, but with pots get fewer restrictions I no longer feel this way.

If dev's are seriously considering removing pot restriction timers then buffing classes should have no restrictions either.

Just remove concentration completely as well as the cap on the amount of buffs you can have and let every one go to town.

Oh, and might as well put in buff merchants now also with no restrictions.

I am amazed at the 180 degree turn around the dev's have done regarding what we were told in beta compared to what is happening now. Pots were never supposed to replace buffing classes but as it sits ranger PF and Hunter BC skill lines are 99% useless now.

Also might as well add movement pots now as well since that is the direction it going.

Do we even HAVE the same dev's? The game had such high hopes in beta and early live release and now more people leave every day. Instead of sticking to what people WANTED they are moving to what soloers want and are killing the point of grouping. Instead of finding a middle ground they are just ignoring one group of people to help the ones that are complaining the most on the forums.

And ports!! Why in gods name as for a poll if we want ports, only to have the majority say no and then keep them anyway? Why ask? Again, lets just listen to the few biggest complainers and ignore those who tried to help the most in beta.

*sigh*
Mon 22 Apr 2019 6:52 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Quik wrote:
Sat 20 Apr 2019 6:13 PM

I used to believe there should be a cap to try to keep things fair, but with pots get fewer restrictions I no longer feel this way.

If dev's are seriously considering removing pot restriction timers then buffing classes should have no restrictions either.

Just remove concentration completely as well as the cap on the amount of buffs you can have and let every one go to town.

I am amazed at the 180 degree turn around the dev's have done regarding what we were told in beta compared to what is happening now. Pots were never supposed to replace buffing classes but as it sits ranger PF and Hunter BC skill lines are 99% useless now.

Also might as well add movement pots now as well since that is the direction it going.

Do we even HAVE the same dev's? The game had such high hopes in beta and early live release and now more people leave every day. Instead of sticking to what people WANTED they are moving to what soloers want and are killing the point of grouping. Instead of finding a middle ground they are just ignoring one group of people to help the ones that are complaining the most on the forums.

And ports!! Why in gods name as for a poll if we want ports, only to have the majority say no and then keep them anyway? Why ask? Again, lets just listen to the few biggest complainers and ignore those who tried to help the most in beta.

*sigh*

My God take some benadryl and cool yourself. Obviously the Dev's aren't going to be implementing anything drastic that would negatively effect larger scale game play (8's and zergs). They're throwing around ideas to help reduce the gold sink that running buffs/charges has inadvertently become while also simultaneously considering ways to keep enhance classes far more valuable.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 7:12 PM by Quik
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 6:52 PM
My God take some benadryl and cool yourself. Obviously the Dev's aren't going to be implementing anything drastic that would negatively effect larger scale game play (8's and zergs). They're throwing around ideas to help reduce the gold sink that running buffs/charges has inadvertently become while also simultaneously considering ways to keep enhance classes far more valuable.

I know right? Just like the dev's would never do anything drastic like adding ports directly into the frontiers right...

Take a few minutes and think very carefully about the changes done since the game went live. It has reversed course on so many levels from what they were doing in beta...

And keeping enhance classes...you mean like Rangers and Hunters with self enhancing spec lines? And the fact that as the only thing rangers care about in their spec line is dmg add because pots and charges are better than their own stat buffs from their spec line? And forget hunters, BC is screwed as are hunters. Talk about a class being pigeonholed into 1 style of play, at least ranger can do archery OR melee...and even scouts are better at melee with shield spec, Hunters are decent with archery but absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to melee and part of the reason is because the BC line is absolutely useless and pots/charges are better.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 7:30 PM by unforgetable
Please don't derail this thread that I was focusing on GROUP visible play by bringing in solo/stealther class self buff lines. That is a different issue entirely.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 8:05 PM by gruenesschaf
Quik wrote:
Sat 20 Apr 2019 6:13 PM

*sigh*

Potentially reducing the maximum stat value of stat buffs available from items but in turn making them less of a hassle to use is such a nerf to buff classes and a huge buff to stat buff items, especially in group play.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics