RvR Rebuff Immunity Timer

Started 8 Feb 2019
by Zomgasm
in Open Community Votes
Hey All,

I know Buff Pots have been a popular debate. Uthred mentioned in the other thread regarding Buff Pot timers/merchants have no plans to be adjusted. However there is one concern I wanted to bring up.

I've experienced this multiple times already, where you get into fights and win/come out alive, but since you were in RvR combat you are locked into the 1minute timer from combat dropping to rebuff. This has basically forced me to auto-lose fights if I get into a second one back-to-back by lose all my buffs anything below 2-3 minutes starting the first fight.

For example, buffs are 10min from /use:

If I start a fight @ 2 minutes left on timer, chances are that fight will take 30s-1m to complete.
By fight ending, you are locked into the 1m timer with 1m lockout, since you are already attracting other attention from being exposed in combat. If you get hit (which has happened many times), then you'll lose all buffs which basically means automatically losing even when you were initially safe to rebuff. It just doesn't feel good to automatically lose something due to buffpot timer lockouts.

With the total duration being at 10 minutes, it almost feels like you have to rebuff at 4-5 minutes in scenarios that have happened like this even just to me the past few days. It has nothing to do with your playstyle why you lost, it's completely based around a RvR rebuff immunity timer which just doesn't feel good at all. It feels like you get outplayed by your buffpot, and not rewarded for promoting combat that drives the games success.

If there isn't any pull from the development side to extend the timers, could we consider the drawbacks of the RvR rebuff immunity timer?
It feels weird having use your pots for only 50-60% of the duration (already 10m) before respamming it. At the price of 1pp generally in the market, it's been expensive to maintain if you consistently win and have to "not get in a fight" for the next minute so you can effectively rebuff in the field. Feeling like you just need to try and win CC then literally just run away for a minute because you know your buffs will drop mid combat isn't enjoyable.

Even 15s-30s would be doable if we are trying to lock someone out from popping a pot mid-combat, but I would consider if combat dropped mid fight, then you had enough time to rebuff via pot. Just my thinking, but I feel it's healthy for the game to promote back to back RvR combat. It feels really good when you can outskill your opponents, even when your already at a disadvantage from using active abilities from the fights before, then even more rewarding when you come out ontop when you were essentially the underdog in the fight.

When you lose buffs to an immunity timer, there is never an underdog story, you might as well just /sit to get your ride back to the PK, wait a minute while at the PK before you can rebuff (from dying) and come back again.

Here is Uthred's post from the other thread:
There are no plans on changing timers, adding buff npcs or whatever when it comes to buffs. We stated a thousand times, that we think it is good as it is now. Believe it or not, we had a long discussion in the team before we implemented buffs & co like we did and we still thing it is the best solution for everyone. It fits our vision of the server the most.

We are aware of the fact that we cant please everyone but we have no intentions to change the current implementation.

Thanks for listening to feedback, hopefully this can help bring some clarity, or I can hear what the driving factor is behind the 1minute lockout timer in a game that is solely based around RvR combat.

Much appreciated!
-Zom
Sat 9 Feb 2019 12:01 AM by Luluko
the singlebuff potions only have a 5sec delay maybe take some of those with you for such occasions, but maybe I have missed something in your post its quite late and I should go to bed
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics