It makes any sense that animist cant put shrooms between doors of gate ( rvr zone ) or in the house up to the gate?

Started 31 Jan 2019
by Cabalaus
in Ask the Team
if that has been done for prevent bug abuse like put shrooms in not legal position, it not makes sense imo because what is the meaning of cant shrooms between door? why someone doing some fair and legal stuff has to be punished or limited for prevent some bad behaviour? so animist now cant shrooms near structure? pls think back on what have u done thats realy annoying thing for who play that class, dont risk to get tired ppl who spend time in build a toon limiting him in thing that he must be allowed to do.
Peyote
Animist 5L1
Ma Anche No

ps sorry for bad english
Fri 1 Feb 2019 2:18 PM by chryso
Cabalaus wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 10:46 PM
why someone doing some fair and legal stuff has to be punished or limited for prevent some bad behaviour?

You answered your own question. People doing bad behavior made this change necessary.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 4:03 PM by Cabalaus
ok so put all ppl in jail because someone do kill people lol XD -_-
Fri 1 Feb 2019 5:25 PM by chryso
You are in jail? I am sorry to hear that. It is nice that the jail lets you play the game.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 5:36 PM by relvinian
Where can you not put shrooms? You can still make a pile of them against the wall right? Can you spread them out all over the place as well?

Just not put them in certain places. The reason for that is because it was harming the server and causing what is already a choke point to become the default and "I WIN"
Wed 13 Mar 2019 8:30 PM by Pirot101
You can plant mushrooms in trees, but you can't plant them in doors because it makes it hard for the other realms. If that is the case for it then instant crowd control is broken and makes it hard for my tank to kill or your hitting me interrupts my casting so i don't like it. Animist are only used for mushroom support and if you are going to hinder that in RvR because it makes it hard then you have flawed the system.

Either give us free range to plant our mushrooms or give us more mushrooms.

Titania (50 Animinst 5L0)
Wed 13 Mar 2019 8:55 PM by Afuldan
Pirot101 wrote:
Wed 13 Mar 2019 8:30 PM
You can plant mushrooms in trees, but you can't plant them in doors because it makes it hard for the other realms. If that is the case for it then instant crowd control is broken and makes it hard for my tank to kill or your hitting me interrupts my casting so i don't like it. Animist are only used for mushroom support and if you are going to hinder that in RvR because it makes it hard then you have flawed the system.

Either give us free range to plant our mushrooms or give us more mushrooms.

Titania (50 Animinst 5L0)

You sound like you are part of the problem. Shrooms are broken AF right now. I don’t think they do two LoS checks in their cast, once a forest heart starts casting you WILL get hit by it.

You should be on the recieving end of shrooms that aren’t targetable, are out of LoS for your spells but can still cast on you.
Wed 13 Mar 2019 9:37 PM by Pirot101
I agree that mushrooms are broken in their targeting. That's why I made the comment of placing them in trees is a thing. The 2 main reasons people don't want mushrooms in door ways or near walls is:

A. They have broken line of site issues, but not being able to summon them in an area isn't fixing the problem.
B. Its to hard to beat. which just sounds like people crying. Necromancers have a life tap that heals their pet and regens their mana, seems a little broken. Bone dancers have a self running army with instant life tap.

People can complain about anything. If it is founded or not people will find things. As an animist and having played ALBS and MIDS. I think being able to plant mushrroms in the doorways and on the walls should be allowed, but in the walls and trees is not ok.
Thu 14 Mar 2019 7:02 AM by Uthred
We made this change because it was possible to put shrooms on the wall that would attack enemies below/in front of it but those enemies wouldnt be able to attack them back. Shrooms were casting on players but players couldnt cast back.

For example if an enemy caster is standing on the wall you have the chance to nuke him from below and he can only nuke you if he gets into your LOS. Shrooms werent targetable from below (they were completly hidden by the small "merlon" but could nuke you through it. To prevent this, we made this change.
Thu 14 Mar 2019 4:36 PM by Expfighter
Uthred wrote:
Thu 14 Mar 2019 7:02 AM
We made this change because it was possible to put shrooms on the wall that would attack enemies below/in front of it but those enemies wouldnt be able to attack them back. Shrooms were casting on players but players couldnt cast back.

For example if an enemy caster is standing on the wall you have the chance to nuke him from below and he can only nuke you if he gets into your LOS. Shrooms werent targetable from below (they were completly hidden by the small "merlon" but could nuke you through it. To prevent this, we made this change.

Then go ahead and make shrooms PVE ONLY, that would solve ALL of the bitches and whines about them, Animists still have bombers and lt.
Thu 14 Mar 2019 6:18 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Seriously, the ONLY people who would be complaining about this would have to be the ones that abused it to begin with.
Fri 15 Mar 2019 2:10 PM by Ebenezer
Expfighter wrote:
Thu 14 Mar 2019 4:36 PM
Then go ahead and make shrooms PVE ONLY, that would solve ALL of the bitches and whines about them, Animists still have bombers and lt.

How about keeping baseline hearts from targeting players, and adding Creeping Spec ones that will target players? Or even just an aoe buff (or self-timer) in creep spec that would make shrooms target players while its up (this would also fix the "I released, and my shrooms are still killing people" problem).

Then you'd need a specific spec for camping.

If you take that though, the other 2 specs need compensation. Mobile pet, add a L50 lifetap, and drop arb bombers down to 2.8 cast speed.
Mon 18 Mar 2019 10:17 PM by Clockwork
Just a note, animists are -not- allowed to plant shrooms inside the trunks of trees. This causes the same problems as was happening in other abuses of the class. Animist shrooms must be placed where:
1) They can be targeted and cast upon.
2) A melee player could reasonably reach them and attack them.

Can you be tricky with this still? Sure, you can also still hide shrooms behind trees or in the bushy branches of the christmas trees as well but they can't be placed in a way that prevents opponents from having a chance to counter them.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics