Custom Class Change: Mentalist & Eld

Started 4 Oct 2018
by Ajeezylolz
in Open Community Votes
1. Purposing the idea of mentalist insta recharm to break CC and being able to steal minst pet. This would help out hib hybrid/caster groups big time and force the minstrel to control his pet.

2. Since eldy's only nuke off baseline damage on classic, you should considering raising the baseline heat nuke for elds only. Increase baseline heat damage for elds from 179 to 185-190.. It is pretty clear that hib caster damage is the weakest on this server in comparison to both mid and alb. Especially on this server where hib relies heavily on an eld to play multiple rolls (NS/Disease/Assist), with updated heals on this server a tank target (probably with AoM and resist) and without disease on the tank they are likely to survive (especially at lower rank on hib casters).
- Mids have shamans who assist the MA with disease
- Albs have emerald pet they can swap from target to target that insta diseases the target for them.
Fri 5 Oct 2018 7:50 AM by Druth
Albs need a caba speccing worthless (in terms of RvR) specline to have a strong debuff.
Mids need a RM speccing weak specline to have strong debuff.

Hibs need to spec in a usefull specline to get strong debuff.

Hibs are running tank assist due to the strength and ease of BM assist/4-5 naturalist groups, not because hib caster assist is weak.
Eldritch is a very strong caster already.
Fri 5 Oct 2018 8:54 AM by inoeth
denied
Mon 28 Jan 2019 7:23 PM by t0beyeus
I would like to see the Mentalist get the changes they had on Live for their Mentalism spec. Spec Nuke and Amnesia. They could add Perma-charm to Light or even Mentalism spec and add the NS to Mana spec. I would like to see some diversity in specs and group set ups.

Elds I think are fine, they also have good spec diversity.

Changes like they did for the Earth Wizard getting NS, opens up spec diversity but also group set ups. Earth Wizards can now group and fill in for a Cabalist. Changes like those are what is needed.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 4:47 AM by Takii
Suggesting that either ments or elds need buffs is absurd and that's coming from someone that had a RR10 light ment in classic and is playing a light eld here.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 7:54 AM by Tritri
How can someone say that hib's caster setup is the weakest ? I don't get it

Eldritch ? Weak ? Really ? It may be the best mage in the game !
Sorcerer may be equal but they don't really do the same job
Tue 29 Jan 2019 8:35 AM by Sepplord
Hib buffs....and for ments and elds?

Oo
Tue 29 Jan 2019 11:16 AM by Joc
Mentalists and Elds are incredibly strong right now in comparison to many casters. I would hate to see any buffs, and I'm even playing Hib.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 4:03 PM by opossum12
I don't think giving mentalist NS is a good idea...

However, I do agree that it would be best for the server if diversity was possible.

The way I would do it:

HIB:
- Eld get baseline energy DD in Mana line
- Ment get 209 delve Energy nuke in Mentalism line
* This way you can spec Void as Eld and not be completely gimped.

MID:
- RM, SM and BD get baseline Spirit nuke in Suppression line
- RM Supp spec snare nukes damage type changed from Energy to Spirit

Alb already has two damage type trains since the wizard changes (heat and Body).
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:18 AM by Amorphiell
To be honest no change has to be made to damage values, but opening up spell lines for more diverse speccing is good and it's something that would help get rid of a few spec blockers.

Hib casters:
* give them the live changes with spec DD in Mentalism and base energy nuke in Mana. This will not make anyone hit harder, it will just allow Void Eldritches to do the same as RC Runemasters and it will allow Mentalists to spec for damage with some mana regen instead of dmg/pet with demezz or mana regen.
* Nearsight in Mana for Mentalists is tricky. In my opinion there should not be too much nearsight with a ruleset that penalises nearsight this hard. On the other hand the low debuff is a middle thing between being a self-debuffer and gaining some damage increase with the baseline nuke (see point above, mana nuke), seeing that DoTs in RvR are tricky and not really the best tool, otherwise leaving the Mana line pretty PvE heavy. Yeah, Wizzies got nearsight this way, but for Albion it's much harder to get purp nearsight, whereas for Hib it's the easiest of all the three realms. Conclusion: no, don't give them ns+debuff for now or make dex affect cure NS.

Mid casters:
* Same as Hib casters, give them the spirit nuke in Suppression.
Sat 9 Feb 2019 4:43 PM by Isavyr
As an eldritch player, please don't give us this. We are doing great, as is.
Thu 21 Feb 2019 6:44 PM by Roks
Ajeezylolz wrote:
Thu 4 Oct 2018 6:30 PM
1. Purposing the idea of mentalist insta recharm to break CC and being able to steal minst pet. This would help out hib hybrid/caster groups big time and force the minstrel to control his pet.

2. Since eldy's only nuke off baseline damage on classic, you should considering raising the baseline heat nuke for elds only. Increase baseline heat damage for elds from 179 to 185-190.. It is pretty clear that hib caster damage is the weakest on this server in comparison to both mid and alb. Especially on this server where hib relies heavily on an eld to play multiple rolls (NS/Disease/Assist), with updated heals on this server a tank target (probably with AoM and resist) and without disease on the tank they are likely to survive (especially at lower rank on hib casters).
- Mids have shamans who assist the MA with disease
- Albs have emerald pet they can swap from target to target that insta diseases the target for them.

Nothing wrong with eld class. Hib casters imo have always been very strong. light spec dd is powerful even without a debuff, or just roll with an enc that debuffs for cold. If you wanted to have a different level of depth in an eld maybe ask for bolt change where it doesnt miss if the target is in combat, but a large portion of the damage is mitigated instead.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 9:14 PM by teiloh
Amorphiell wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:18 AM
Hib casters:
* give them the live changes with spec DD in Mentalism and base energy nuke in Mana. This will not make anyone hit harder, it will just allow Void Eldritches to do the same as RC Runemasters and it will allow Mentalists to spec for damage with some mana regen instead of dmg/pet with demezz or mana regen.

At the moment, all realms only have one main caster train damage type. For Hib that's heat.

IMO:

Lower heat debuff for Mana Chant to 46 again. 49 was a bit overkill.
Make Void base DD Energy. They would self-debuff for their base DD in the same line, but the DD is 171 delve and the debuff itself is very high spec and doesn't really help anyone other than VW/Animist base lifetap.
Fri 8 Mar 2019 10:32 PM by Milchschnidde
I would like to see some balance for the pet ench spec lines, like enchantment for enchanter ->there is a hole that spec line is useless in RvR since the pet dmg has been nerved that hard ..same counts for some other classes in that lines ...

i would give those petbuff classes the realm buff ability from live that was implemented for supporter, to make them an option to contribute something for greater zerg fights ...the aoe duration based specs, q/d and str/con value 37 or so so...
Sat 9 Mar 2019 4:25 PM by sprinkle
highest nukes ive seen were from mana ench, void elds weak?

nope
Sat 9 Mar 2019 4:27 PM by Afuldan
Milchschnidde wrote:
Fri 8 Mar 2019 10:32 PM
I would like to see some balance for the pet ench spec lines, like enchantment for enchanter ->there is a hole that spec line is useless in RvR since the pet dmg has been nerved that hard ..same counts for some other classes in that lines ...

i would give those petbuff classes the realm buff ability from live that was implemented for supporter, to make them an option to contribute something for greater zerg fights ...the aoe duration based specs, q/d and str/con value 37 or so so...

Oh yes, lets make acharm class much stronger by giving them access to spec aoe buffs for their pets.
Sun 10 Mar 2019 3:08 PM by Milchschnidde
Afuldan wrote:
Sat 9 Mar 2019 4:27 PM
Milchschnidde wrote:
Fri 8 Mar 2019 10:32 PM

Oh yes, lets make acharm class much stronger by giving them access to spec aoe buffs for their pets.

i guess you didnt understand it, you allready got pet buffs in enchantment, spirit magic or summoning. So you allready specialize into a line to strenghten your pet, those buffs wouldnt stack anyway with the Pet specific buffs and those aoe buffs may only be on high skill level that line skill level of 30+ should be targetet .... Those classes are pretty useless in RvR but those buffs would make them a viable option in a zerg for RvR or even PvE - you allready have the option to use Buff-Potions so there wont be much difference into buff values and should only count for the specs q/d and str/con...
Sun 10 Mar 2019 3:20 PM by kedelin
only idea l i like out of here is the ment spec nuke and mid spirit base nuke as with waking the supp rm spec nuke spirit... would be nice to hace option on spirit train here like live
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics