Should Instant heals be reverted to longer timers.

Started 5 Aug 2018
by borkbork
in Open Community Votes
https://www.strawpoll.me/16215499

I would like to have a discussion on the effect these reduced timers are having on RvR.
Sun 5 Aug 2018 7:15 PM by Quik
I never understood having such long reuse timers on anything whether it is an intstant heal or mez or purge.

I understand an instant being useable once per combat or something, or maybe once every 5 min. Once combat iis over and you move on to the next scenario, why shouldn't everything start over?

Purge is useable every what...20-30 min? You use it once and you are effectively screwed for a good amount of time. If it was once every 5 min, you could use it when you fight one group, then have it available for the next group you encounter. If you only want to be able to purge once every 20 min why not only be able to mez once every 20 min? Seems like casters get a bit of an edge on this.

Heals are the same. It's an oh shit button and it should be useable once every combat encounter I think.
Mon 6 Aug 2018 2:52 PM by heardstheword
Purge every 5 minutes would make CC useless. That would negate a ton of support classes from the game as mezz/stuns/roots would be useless in nearly every fight.
Mon 6 Aug 2018 4:12 PM by Ashman
only in hib
Fri 10 Aug 2018 6:17 AM by rubaduck
No. Druids have 5 minutes on single target heal that will be used at least once every fight, and up to two times in long fights as well as a 10 minutes OH S¤(T button that can be used once every battle with 10 minute cool down (not counting the other oh S(¤T button which is an RA and not a spec)
Fri 10 Aug 2018 6:32 AM by MacPrior
borkbork wrote:
Sun 5 Aug 2018 7:03 PM
https://www.strawpoll.me/16215499

I would like to have a discussion on the effect these reduced timers are having on RvR.

What a strange idea. Is it just in order to post any vote?
Tue 14 Aug 2018 10:45 AM by aso
using insta heals is retarded enogh, dont need a quicker timer for that...
Tue 14 Aug 2018 2:53 PM by Bigga
Quik wrote:
Sun 5 Aug 2018 7:15 PM
I never understood having such long reuse timers on anything whether it is an intstant heal or mez or purge.

I understand an instant being useable once per combat or something, or maybe once every 5 min. Once combat iis over and you move on to the next scenario, why shouldn't everything start over?

Purge is useable every what...20-30 min? You use it once and you are effectively screwed for a good amount of time. If it was once every 5 min, you could use it when you fight one group, then have it available for the next group you encounter. If you only want to be able to purge once every 20 min why not only be able to mez once every 20 min? Seems like casters get a bit of an edge on this.

Heals are the same. It's an oh shit button and it should be useable once every combat encounter I think.

Purge is ok as it is. Instants should be changed back to 15-20 minutes timer. What I find very funny is the fact that you post in a solo thread and deny any suggestions, but if it's YOUR WISH, then "purge 5 minutes please, instants 5 minutes please, maybe even faster please" you're a [love].
Tue 14 Aug 2018 7:11 PM by Quik
Bigga wrote:
Tue 14 Aug 2018 2:53 PM
Quik wrote:

Purge is ok as it is. Instants should be changed back to 15-20 minutes timer. What I find very funny is the fact that you post in a solo thread and deny any suggestions, but if it's YOUR WISH, then "purge 5 minutes please, instants 5 minutes please, maybe even faster please" you're a joke dear quik.

So according to you, your the only one that should have an opinion? LOL no thanks. Pretty sure everyone that matters has seen how your posts attacks everyone who doesn't agree with you so I don't have to worry much about your opinion =)

And yes, in my opinion I would love to see purge and insta heals useable once every fight. I have never been a fan of mezzes being so OP in the game. No ability should have the ability to completely immobilize another group. DAoC has always had them and obviously they aren't going away, but I personally don't like them.

Have purge once a fight or insta heals once a figth is no worse then having mez once a fight. I would much rather see 2 groups going at it toe to toe with everyone active then seeing 1 group get a lucky mez and take out the other little by little. Of course Det, stoicism, purge all limit this, but still a bit cheesy which is why you want see me play a lot of mezzers in RvR. Every once in awhile if I can't get a group with my other toons.

And since this is a poll and it is asking for everyone's opinion I am happy to share mine especially when I know I apparently annoy certain people =)
Wed 15 Aug 2018 1:05 PM by Bigga
Quik wrote:
Tue 14 Aug 2018 7:11 PM
Bigga wrote:
Tue 14 Aug 2018 2:53 PM
Quik wrote:

Purge is ok as it is. Instants should be changed back to 15-20 minutes timer. What I find very funny is the fact that you post in a solo thread and deny any suggestions, but if it's YOUR WISH, then "purge 5 minutes please, instants 5 minutes please, maybe even faster please" you're a joke dear quik.

So according to you, your the only one that should have an opinion? LOL no thanks. Pretty sure everyone that matters has seen how your posts attacks everyone who doesn't agree with you so I don't have to worry much about your opinion =)

And yes, in my opinion I would love to see purge and insta heals useable once every fight. I have never been a fan of mezzes being so OP in the game. No ability should have the ability to completely immobilize another group. DAoC has always had them and obviously they aren't going away, but I personally don't like them.

Have purge once a fight or insta heals once a figth is no worse then having mez once a fight. I would much rather see 2 groups going at it toe to toe with everyone active then seeing 1 group get a lucky mez and take out the other little by little. Of course Det, stoicism, purge all limit this, but still a bit cheesy which is why you want see me play a lot of mezzers in RvR. Every once in awhile if I can't get a group with my other toons.

And since this is a poll and it is asking for everyone's opinion I am happy to share mine especially when I know I apparently annoy certain people =)

the only thing that is annoying are little zerg-pve player like u

again..

+1 for longer timers and purge 30 min.
Fri 17 Aug 2018 2:45 PM by Xenosapien
Only people pushing for these changes are crappy melee/stealth players. No one who has ever played a support class would ask for these changes
Fri 17 Aug 2018 2:52 PM by heardstheword
Xenosapien wrote:
Fri 17 Aug 2018 2:45 PM
crappy melee/stealth players

As history shows, insulting the other side of any argument tends to always work out for the best and leads to a positive discussion.
Fri 17 Aug 2018 8:53 PM by klaggorn
They should not be up every fight. Longer timer imo.
Fri 17 Aug 2018 10:11 PM by Niix
klaggorn wrote:
Fri 17 Aug 2018 8:53 PM
They should not be up every fight. Longer timer imo.

I agree, if they are up every fight that gives less and less chance to lower RR groups at least taking a kill or two off the experienced organized groups. Literally no reason to have every single ability up every single fight (this isn't a arena).
Sat 18 Aug 2018 5:25 PM by Nooddle
Longer timer, definitely
Sun 19 Aug 2018 1:08 PM by hend
I personaly love the fact that when you dump something (RA or instant) you pay it later and have to deal with it. You made a mistake and you pay for it.
Of course if the goal is to make an arena 8v8 serveur short timers are better, but i m sure nobody wants that.
Being jammed by enemies if none of your timer is up is challenging and satisfying, a good part of the game.
Also its pretty easy to port and res cure on Phoenix. So i dont like the idea of group coming back instantly with alot of timers.
That's why I voted yes .
Sun 19 Aug 2018 2:05 PM by Ganaka
This server is on the edge of a slippery slope. With everyone buffed all the time, the time-to-kill (TTK) is already shrinking. Throw in perma-sprint, voice comms. very organized groups, and the TTK will decrease even further, especially at L50 RR5+. Now people are asking that the primary healers have fewer tools to keep people alive, which will lower TTK yet again. If the server continues to head down this slope, there will be fewer and fewer reasons to have a "healer" in you group. Instead, the meta will become that "buffers" are desired first because everyone dies so fast.
Mon 20 Aug 2018 1:03 PM by klaggorn
Ganaka wrote:
Sun 19 Aug 2018 2:05 PM
This server is on the edge of a slippery slope. With everyone buffed all the time, the time-to-kill (TTK) is already shrinking. Throw in perma-sprint, voice comms. very organized groups, and the TTK will decrease even further, especially at L50 RR5+. Now people are asking that the primary healers have fewer tools to keep people alive, which will lower TTK yet again. If the server continues to head down this slope, there will be fewer and fewer reasons to have a "healer" in you group. Instead, the meta will become that "buffers" are desired first because everyone dies so fast.

You run your buffers only and I'll run my healers. Let's see who wins.
Wed 22 Aug 2018 12:13 AM by Hammurabi0788
Insta heals should have their timers reverted. There should be a moment when u think if now is the time to use it or should u wait for the next encounter.

For example, in a full 8 man group should you use your insta heal to save the 1 caster that is going to die if you dont? Everyone else lives and u kill the other team. Or do u save it for the next fight when your choice of the insta could be the reason why your team comes out with a win instead of everyone being dead.

Not the greatest example but i think u should have to decide if its the right time because it will be down for a while.
Wed 22 Aug 2018 5:56 AM by Falken
Not a fan of the healing changes. Stacking healers has become a thing in some groups as they are just to strong, between lower insta heal timer and the new lower power major that has added much longevity to healer power and sustain it has made some lineups even more superior than others. Right now the timers are so low that you know they are going to come right back up for the next fight and there is no real thought process that goes into using them, you just hit it and go about smashing your face on the keyboard.
Wed 22 Aug 2018 9:51 AM by faliv
hend wrote:
Sun 19 Aug 2018 1:08 PM
I personaly love the fact that when you dump something (RA or instant) you pay it later and have to deal with it. You made a mistake and you pay for it.
Of course if the goal is to make an arena 8v8 serveur short timers are better, but i m sure nobody wants that.
Being jammed by enemies if none of your timer is up is challenging and satisfying, a good part of the game.
Also its pretty easy to port and res cure on Phoenix. So i dont like the idea of group coming back instantly with alot of timers.
That's why I voted yes .

This!
Atm it is a total nobrainer to use instants on cooldown. Could not see why, as long as ra timers are still 30min. On life the changes came because of all other things (ras, artifact-/use, etc.) had shorter timers then a normal skill. Was pretty silly that you could use purge 4th the time then your grp instant.^^

10/15min could be an option too as compromise.
Wed 22 Aug 2018 7:27 PM by Isavyr
It's interesting that a few days after the poll was posted, the results were 70% "No" and 30% "yes". Now, a month later, we see it closer to 50/50%. My guess is this is a rigged vote--especially since I've been able to vote twice from the same computer. Nice job on that.

I don't think you've put together a compelling argument, nor do I think most players agree. Frankly I see no reason to continue with this topic.
Fri 24 Aug 2018 9:37 AM by Raunz
Instant heals like they are now is a game breaking change, healing already is way too good on this server and you have shorter time on insta heals too?
You can't buff healing without buffing damage too, it's a delicate balance.
Fri 24 Aug 2018 1:10 PM by Ganaka
Buffing damage is a very bad idea. Scrubs like me can already die in 5 seconds. Haha.
Fri 24 Aug 2018 1:40 PM by Quik
Raunz wrote:
Fri 24 Aug 2018 9:37 AM
Instant heals like they are now is a game breaking change, healing already is way too good on this server and you have shorter time on insta heals too?

Well they actually can IF they feel damage was a little higher then they felt was good for the server.

I am not saying they should, but if the crew felt that healers needed a bump then beta is the perfect time to change all this stuff (like they did) and see how it impacts the game.
Sat 25 Aug 2018 6:54 PM by Raunz
Quik wrote:
Fri 24 Aug 2018 1:40 PM
Raunz wrote:
Fri 24 Aug 2018 9:37 AM

Well they actually can IF they feel damage was a little higher then they felt was good for the server.

I am not saying they should, but if the crew felt that healers needed a bump then beta is the perfect time to change all this stuff (like they did) and see how it impacts the game.

Mistakes are not punished by having shorter instant heals and big heals. Should not encourage bad plays.
Sat 25 Aug 2018 11:45 PM by Bigga
i want max. timers for insta heals, its way to short like it is now.
Mon 27 Aug 2018 7:09 AM by Falken
Don't see very many solid logical arguments for keeping low timers on the insta heals, they already got a better more power efficient heal, so what is the logic for this? Instant heals shouldn't be a crutch to be used every fight, it should be something that is risk/reward and actually thought about using.

At this current time healers just use them willy nilly because they know it will be up next fight. IMO if we are going to keep this then we really need to look at ALL long timer RAs and abilities across the board and be consistent in this logic (not to derail this thread, but consistency is key lets not flip flop all over the place). Healers should be rewarded for good positioning and methodical use of power (which it is my understanding with the lower power and better major healing is quite power efficient now) not the occasional heal and their two instas each fight.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 10:15 AM by dudis
Considering how much more frequent the action is on this server currently, than on any other server in a long time, I dont mind the shorter timers at all, because even with 5 minutes, it probably wont be up for the next two fights
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics