Points of Interest - Ingame vote

Started 10 Feb 2020
by gruenesschaf
in Open Community Votes
As response to the recent threads complaining about the coast guarding issues and there being nothing to do for small man and maybe to change things up a bit here is now a vote if it is something we should look into in general.

The purpose of the keep task is to make a certain keep a point of interest, ie somewhere where people flock to and are likely to encounter enemies. We consider such a point of interest valuable and want to keep something like it, however, we don't particularly care about it being a keep. Another examples of how we did a point of interest here was the domination flag task in old emain. A pot of gold somewhere would also be an example.

This vote here is now just for us to see if many people think the current status should be changed and it is therefore worth it for us to look for alternatives / additions to the keep task.
The process to evaluate alternatives would be to replace the keep task with different things for some limited amount of time like 0 - 3 days per experiment depending on ingame feedback and after some time if we think we found a suitable replacement or alternatives there might be another round of randomly rotating the best candidates and later on a vote, it might even end up being literally a rotation of different things.

There is now (after the reboot) an ingame vote with the options: "Keep it as is" and "Look into alternatives".
Mon 10 Feb 2020 12:36 PM by Chaskha
I loved the domination task with the port on the owned flags feature and the fact that there were 5 flags spread the action. Also, it was fast enough so you could do one domination task and then leave for IRL responsibilities ...

A gobelin, strong but always trying to escape, carrying a gold pot or feathers would be fun. Make it solid so it takes 5 good minutes for a group to kill and keep chasing it. Maybe in a zone of its own with no mobs or only yellow ones ?

I mean sure, let's try new stuff, even if in the end, the current keep system proves the most reliable and appreciated. It's a game, let's have fun
Mon 10 Feb 2020 1:00 PM by Tharlin
What about just making it rotating all that ideas?
1 hour keep task, 1 hour flags, 1 hour chasing a Gold pot, then start with keep again.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 1:15 PM by Sepplord
Tharlin wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 1:00 PM
What about just making it rotating all that ideas?
1 hour keep task, 1 hour flags, 1 hour chasing a Gold pot, then start with keep again.

that was literally mentioned in the opening post as possibility...

and the examples were not the actual ideas you are voting on, just examples. We might never see a pot of gold anywhere, even if 100% vote "yes" .
if the vote goes through with a "look into it"-majority, they will start thinking thoroughly about different possibilities.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 1:25 PM by bigne88
Some change it is always welcome, especially cause devs use to propose exellent content.

My only concern it is that the content we have now it is already pretty solid and I'm afraid the main problem is player's mentality / lazyness.
We have a good chunk of population enjoying their time zerging and that's it; we have few zergers that roam to hunt smallmen and 8 men party, we have smallmen and 8men puggers and few strong 8 men that steamroll everything they meet. To finish we have a lot of zergers that would like to join the smallmen / 8 men action but dosent know where to begin with or are to afraid to show their lack of skill.

Thia last days there was A LOT of new small men and 8v8 party and I'm really afraid that they will quit because from one side they are slaughtered by good and veteran 8 men, from the otherside they are not good enough to fight a mediumsize zerg.

We should find a solution to keep this "newbies" interessed in smallmanning and 8v8.
I'd start giving speed to more classes, so small party can have a bit more flexibility...for istance...give enchanter speed to druids and mentalists...to reaver and friar.
Because sonetimes few people are ready to roll but think that if you dont have a bard/skald/mincer you cant leave the spawn point.

Also dock camping is an issue...sometimes you dont even have the time to open the ticket seller menu that soneone comes and zerg you down...maybe a ticket vendor at the spawn might be handy?
Mon 10 Feb 2020 1:40 PM by Runental
The CTF thing was awesome when we had OF..
Never understood why it was gone.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 2:09 PM by Sepplord
Runental wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 1:40 PM

are you referring to the domination style "flags that could be captured"???
Or the ball-thing that had actual CTF-mechanics?

I believe the first was kind of awesome, while the latter really sucked hard and had loads of problems. (i am assuming you mean the first, as the ball-CTF thing wouldn't promote anything besides the mainzerg).

I am not trying to nitpick terminology to be a smartass...but i have seen a lot of people referencing CTF of the old system, and imo that will lead to misunderstandings in the feedback we give. CTF usually has an item that has to be transported to some area where it is captured.
Capturing a POI is usually referred to as domination (one realm dominates the area) regardless if the object being "captured" is a flag or a hill or a whatever

I am clearly voting yes, as imo there is really something missing for solos/smallmen to do, besides coastguarding which just results in zerging or suiciding anyways. I know some people have heavy feelings against giving out RPs for losing. But imo, that really is the best incentive for people to actually start looking for fair fights. 8vs8 got it, when two groups have a fight both have to enter the command an both will get a few Rps.
That means going against a stronger group all night, doesn't mean you got nothing (besides the lessons you might have learned from fighting them). It means you still are progressing while going against settled groups.
Something similar for smallmen would be awesome. (not sure how it could work for solos, without being abused too easily)

But still i believe the "problem" with the vote is that we have no idea what "else" the staff-time would go towards...considering there might be something new, just in addition to the keeptask...why would anyone be against even looking into the issue? The "cost" of looking into it is unknown though
Mon 10 Feb 2020 2:17 PM by Jafeeio
You already made some changes to the keep task rotation which I much appreciate, but the keep tasks as they are right now are way too long (up to an hour), impossible to get to if you're not a speedclass and usually end in me running up to the keep to bloodgate and start the real rvr run, paired with some uncertainty if I even got into the keep zone.

+1 for anything that resembles more of the rotation of objectives we had way in the beginning of this server / OF.

Slightly Off-topic: Am I dreaming or did dock masters have stealth lore (and aggroed?) back in the original NF? It just seems so weird to me that you can basically hang around an opposing realm's dock and don't get penalized at all.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 2:48 PM by wanama
Wanna raise solo/small action?
Maybe u can start increasing the gold reward from such kills

Solo 100g
2 - 4 Group 50g - 25g
FG as it is..

In case of Add out of the group keep the standard reward, I dunno tbh, it’s not that simple as it sounds.

Same line with BPs and feathers reward

Put more tasks at the same time where u can get the reward only for one every timer.

So if u have been active in the keep task (zerg) u will get only that reward
Solo task area - only that reward
Small task area - only that reward

If a group of 8 goes into the solo\small set they RPs to 0.
Put a penalty if u goes there with 4+x, for exemple:

Small (4men) base rp x kill 300 rps
4+1 ( 100 rps less bps less gold)
4+2 (25 rps no bounty no gold)
4+3 and 4+4 (no reward)

Same logic for solo zone

Probably this won’t be possible to be implemented, it’s kinda rewriting the game bases, but if anything useful come from this I’ll be happy

Keep going with the great work u r doing.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 3:16 PM by Darwar
I'm all for changing things up from time to time. Can't really hurt anything. If it sucks then can always go back. No reason not to entertain new ideas.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 4:46 PM by janclode
garder tel quel
Mon 10 Feb 2020 4:55 PM by Runental
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 2:09 PM
Runental wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 1:40 PM

are you referring to the domination style "flags that could be captured"???
Or the ball-thing that had actual CTF-mechanics?

I believe the first was kind of awesome, while the latter really sucked hard and had loads of problems. (i am assuming you mean the first, as the ball-CTF thing wouldn't promote anything besides the mainzerg).

I am not trying to nitpick terminology to be a smartass...but i have seen a lot of people referencing CTF of the old system, and imo that will lead to misunderstandings in the feedback we give. CTF usually has an item that has to be transported to some area where it is captured.
Capturing a POI is usually referred to as domination (one realm dominates the area) regardless if the object being "captured" is a flag or a hill or a whatever

I am clearly voting yes, as imo there is really something missing for solos/smallmen to do, besides coastguarding which just results in zerging or suiciding anyways. I know some people have heavy feelings against giving out RPs for losing. But imo, that really is the best incentive for people to actually start looking for fair fights. 8vs8 got it, when two groups have a fight both have to enter the command an both will get a few Rps.
That means going against a stronger group all night, doesn't mean you got nothing (besides the lessons you might have learned from fighting them). It means you still are progressing while going against settled groups.
Something similar for smallmen would be awesome. (not sure how it could work for solos, without being abused too easily)

But still i believe the "problem" with the vote is that we have no idea what "else" the staff-time would go towards...considering there might be something new, just in addition to the keeptask...why would anyone be against even looking into the issue? The "cost" of looking into it is unknown though

Yes, i mean the Domination ofc The Ball implementation was really bonkers.. The only game i liked this ball ctf is TESO,- but here it was just bad^^
Mon 10 Feb 2020 5:08 PM by Onesock
One of my fondest memories of DAoC was fighting over artifacts on Mordred. Someone coming into TNN , broadcasting that Danos just popped, and 6 or 7 groups just dropping everything to get out there. Killing multiple groups, trying to pull Danos, getting hit by another group, rinse and repeat until you were the last group standing.

Granted this experience would be somewhat different because we have realms, but any shadow of how it played out on Mordred would be a ton of fun.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 5:20 PM by Svekt
amazingly good timing here, I was truly ready to just log last night from this.

The issue needs addressing but I can't even begin to think about how to rectify the situation.

My group could not touch down anywhere last night without be bombarded by coast guards, and they just piled on. After last night I see why 8v8s complain about zergs and I wasn't even doing 8v8.

We could not get anywhere near a task keep or any point of action without being hit by 20-30 people just floating up and down a coast or around a keep.

The only thing I can be sure to suggest is that you have more than 1 thing happening at a time:

Example:

Task Objective: Defend Bolg, or capture the flag in jamtland, or find the pot o gold in hadrians.

Make it so that participation in any of the three will give you credit for that task.

The problem is reminiscent of OF gates etc where all the action is directly funneled to one and only one area (old emain like). When the task is just defend bolt everything on the bloody server shows up from high rr 8man groups divebombing the keep to 12 man stealther wrecking crews.

Def needs to be a multiple option task type deal, just get creative from there.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 8:19 PM by Aminita
Can we vote on the useless Gambling games?
Would rather have LOS on CK and tower doors fixed !!!
A major PITA >
Aminita
Mon 10 Feb 2020 8:31 PM by Ashenspire
Idea for event:

A flag pops up in each realm.

A platoon of level 55 guards and a level 65 captain from your realm and one opposing realm are dropped into place in Odin's, Emain or Hadrian's, and start fighting. If you successfully defend your flag by defeating all enemies you earn an RP bounty.

If you are the aggressor and score a victory, you earn that that bounty plus a 15% bonus.

If you are the realm not represented by the guards and manage to clear out the 2 enemy realms, you get a 30% bonus.

This is balanced by the defending realm has the easiest time getting to the defense point but receives the fewest RPs for a win, the aggessing realm is assisted by the guards, and the non represented realm gets no help at all.

The bonus % could be moved around.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 8:59 PM by Meatslabs
Could we not solve the stale feeling of zerging and coast guarding by having a more regular event scheduled?

3v3 one night two days off 5v5 two days off #v# 2 days off repeat. Can even throw in speed 6 for everyone day and all sorts of other possibilities keeping them seperate and not interfering with regular game play.

Move them around put some days in-between. Possibly have a bonus for defending during the events so not everything is taken from the real realm war.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 9:33 PM by leb
you are all asking for change but you are all only good for killing grey green blue people
who are levelling; and it is for solo, small a 8 man. And seriously, make a vote for something
which does not yet exist, let them offer us something concrete before.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 9:44 PM by Idra
Let like this, keep same RP reward after 4L, give 1 RP per soil/branch/ snow given at Participate RvR task, put a defense and an attack task at the same time to avoid to get a camping realm. That way, casuals will have an opportunity to reach 10L+ one day, at least on one char.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 12:44 AM by FiltyTrator
If you just made the area that counts for tasks larger then the current keep tasks would serve their intended purpose. Solos and smalls aren't going to fight in places where they are pulling guards, which is what you have to do currently.

Make the valid zone stretch from the keep to each tower and cover all the ground in between. Groups of all sizes would flock there for fat task bonus and the area is big enough to hold a lot of action.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 2:30 AM by Isavyr
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 12:07 PM
We consider such a point of interest valuable and want to keep something like it, however, we don't particularly care about it being a keep. Another examples of how we did a point of interest here was the domination flag task in old emain. A pot of gold somewhere would also be an example.

I think there should be things in addition to the keep task. The keep task is actually a great system, but it could be built upon to offer more conduits of action, and serve other populations. I hope that this vote is not understood as that people want just an alternative to the task system, since I know many simply want additional features while keeping the task system.

1) Claimable bridges over water
2) delivery tasks which involve travel from the task keep to another location (for enemy of the keep, it would involve travel to a claimable bridge, perhaps). This ensures task is still relevant, but opens up predictable action along certain routes that groups can fight over. My idea was the delivery task is only available to groups of 5, and all 5 have to make it without /release in order to get credit.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:06 AM by Devastated
1) Keep the Keep tasks as they are, and give more of a bonus to fgps and less of a bonus to soloers /afkers
2) Bring back the capture flag system with a bonus to soloers / small mans. less of a bonus to fgps.
3) introduce some special spawned areas to find like the old Live pumpkin patch. but with randomly spawned locations that could be seen as a QUEST dot on maps... say 2 or 3 per realm... bonus being for those who are solo / small man with perhaps an increased reward for visiting each one and competing a small task like /dig for a token.

This would also be a good chance to give some actually useful feather rewards for those who cant RVR to extremes or are unable due to time constraints to do DS / HOH / epic raids.

You could even perhaps include guild tasks like defend or attack a particular keep or tower......and or /alliance tasks to take a keep or set of towers for good rewards..
Tue 11 Feb 2020 11:55 AM by Wakanidoo
Devastated wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:06 AM
1) Keep the Keep tasks as they are, and give more of a bonus to fgps and less of a bonus to soloers /afkers
2) Bring back the capture flag system with a bonus to soloers / small mans. less of a bonus to fgps.
3) introduce some special spawned areas to find like the old Live pumpkin patch. but with randomly spawned locations that could be seen as a QUEST dot on maps... say 2 or 3 per realm... bonus being for those who are solo / small man with perhaps an increased reward for visiting each one and competing a small task like /dig for a token.

This would also be a good chance to give some actually useful feather rewards for those who cant RVR to extremes or are unable due to time constraints to do DS / HOH / epic raids.

You could even perhaps include guild tasks like defend or attack a particular keep or tower......and or /alliance tasks to take a keep or set of towers for good rewards..

I agree with these propositions and wish to add one more: Create a kind of BG as Molvik or Leirvik on the Live.
All players lvl35+ can join this BG until they reach RR5. This is not an obligation, players can still go directly in Frontier. After that they can go to "great RvR" to fight with RR10+
In this BG, taking towers/keep grants rps, bps, feathers. Then add random events (find a pot of gold/feathers...) or kind of seasonal quests as on Live (eggs for Easter, gift-box for Xmas, pumpkin for Halloween... any new ideas willkommen !) with reward at completion (gold, rps, bps, feathers...).

This BG would be quite similar to Frontier but gives opportunity for not "professional" players to better learn their class and give them more chance to find a group.
Actually, as new lvl50, you have only Frontier and almost zero chance to find a group, or find a PUG quickly squished by High Ranks. Idem for small man. Worst for soloer. All you can do is trying to follow the zerg. All these facts are not helpfull to persuade player to stay on Phoenix (or any other server who dont care about low RR, small man and soloers)

My 2 cents
Tue 11 Feb 2020 12:56 PM by Pao
Dont make an extra BG. OF you need BGs because OF actions is so slow. NF has fast action no need to split player base for an extra BG....
Tue 11 Feb 2020 5:14 PM by Sushi
I think we need OF Again.. Was much more RVR Fun with OF !!
Stop this Dock Camping this is terribly...
Tue 11 Feb 2020 5:21 PM by Sepplord
Sushi wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 5:14 PM

Sigh

I don't believe the thinking part
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:33 PM by keen
Amnesia range adjustment or speed break behaviour change is needed for small men first imo.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 12:22 AM by Nephamael
Keep tasks you can boat and jump to have a low frustration level, keep tasks with limited entry points and far away boat drop offs have a super high frustration level for all visible players.

My suggestion is: Widen the radius for the task credit for all keeps - or change the boat dropoff for Nottmoor/Berkstead/Crimthain to lower frustration level for everyone caused by dropoff coastguarding fgs or more! (wtf is wrong with you people)

I'm also happy about trying new things that all shud have in mind to not narrow the zone 2 much to give everyone a chance to reach it and have a fight from 1v1 to small vs small, maybe even gvg without getting zerged within seconds.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 12:56 AM by Riac
Nephamael wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 12:22 AM
Keep tasks you can boat and jump to have a low frustration level, keep tasks with limited entry points and far away boat drop offs have a super high frustration level for all visible players.

My suggestion is: Widen the radius for the task credit for all keeps - or change the boat dropoff for Nottmoor/Berkstead/Crimthain to lower frustration level for everyone caused by dropoff coastguarding fgs or more! (wtf is wrong with you people)

I'm also happy about trying new things that all shud have in mind to not narrow the zone 2 much to give everyone a chance to reach it and have a fight from 1v1 to small vs small, maybe even gvg without getting zerged within seconds.

make it to where i have to do even less to get my free RPS..... *fixed*
remember when you used to have to kill ppl for RR, probably not.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:11 AM by Cotea
Sushi wrote:

Replace dock camping with mile gate camping ...Kappa
Wed 12 Feb 2020 11:43 AM by Forlornhope
Sushi wrote:

Remember when 100 man zergs camped gates and high rr 8mans killed solos running out of the only portal keeps, pepridge farms remembers...
Wed 12 Feb 2020 12:47 PM by Cadebrennus
Forlornhope wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 11:43 AM
Sushi wrote:

Remember when 100 man zergs camped gates and high rr 8mans killed solos running out of the only portal keeps, pepridge farms remembers...

Wed 12 Feb 2020 6:37 PM by tech27
A lot of people like me are casuals (probably 80% of player bsae) log on 1-3 hours a day, and just want to find some quick action, without having to sit around and spam in /lfg to find good groups.
Why? Guildmates/friends quit/changed realms, and it's just tiresome to group with people you don't know. Or you might only be on for 30 minutes more, and feel bad to join a group then leaving after a short time, without a replacement.

These players will get run over by stealthers, and groups if they go around roaming. So they hang around the keep with other solos, and form coast guards. They are protected from enemy stealthers and groups, knowing other solo realmmates will help.

To get these solos away from keeps, you need to create a task objective that:
1) Short travel time needed to get to the action.
- Shorter the travel, the less chance of being ganked by stealthers/enemy groups.
- Shorter distance means more realmates are likely en route as well, to provide cover.

2) The task objective needs to be at a singular location, not multiple.
- This means other realmates are going along the same route, and can provide cover against enemies.

Old Frontier Emain met the above 2 criteria, and was great for solos/casuals. Everyone was running from apk/mpk to amg/mmg, and action can be found quickly. There was danger along the route, but there were always realmates around to help.

Ideas for new task system:

Idea 1: Zone based Task with task object at center of the zone:
- EV being the task zone. Each realm given an EV tower, they can port to. The port should always be active regardless of portal chain. The tower cannot be taken by enemies. So the tower will need the uber relic guards
- 20% rp bonus to rp's earned in the task zone.
- Create an task objective in middle of task zone, enticing players to the task objective and stay there to draw action.
- Task Bonus can be one or more of: 1) A time based reward--the longer time you spent in the task objective area, the more rp's you get. 2) An uber mob that drops loot - rp tokens, respec stones. 3) A capture-the-flag point similar to old CTF task, where porting is allowed for flag holding realm.

Idea2: Rotating Zone based Task between Emain/Hadrian/Odin
- Make the 3 keeps in each frontier to be untakeable portal keeps. Like portal keeps in OF.
- PK's In Emain: hibs get DC, albs get Bolg, mids get Crim
- PK's In Hadrian: albs get Beno, hibs get berk, mids get eras
- PK's In Odins; mids get bled, albs get nott, hibs get blend
- 20% rp bonus to rp's earned in the task zone.
- Task objective to be in middle of the 3 PK's. Task bonus ideas same as from Idea 1.

The best action is when all the realms are close by (like when all 3 realms had ports in Hadrian last night), and action to be had without having to travel long distances.

Please discuss/refine these ideas.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 8:26 PM by Crazyphader
Yeah only one porter keep per realm ! Its a good idea.. like OF

Let the groups run again over the map
Wed 12 Feb 2020 8:34 PM by Riac
Crazyphader wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 8:26 PM

you must not remember the stealth zerg sitting right outside that keep. it was garbage.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 8:38 PM by Cadebrennus
Riac wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 8:34 PM
Crazyphader wrote:

you must not remember the stealth zerg sitting right outside that keep. it was garbage.

I remember building groups with the primary purpose of hunting said stealth zergs. Good fun and easy RPs, even when facing superior numbers.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 8:53 PM by Riac
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 8:38 PM
Riac wrote:
Crazyphader wrote:

I remember building groups with the primary purpose of hunting said stealth zergs. Good fun and easy RPs, even when facing superior numbers.

the point is, having one chokepoint/bottle neck that everyone has to run through is not exactly a good thing. imagine being a minority force and then they just sit there and keep you in your pk? it sucked then and would suck again. having multiple ports w/ boats giving ease of travel is a much better feature. imo, we need more features that add to either ease of travel or provide an incentive to travel. anything that keeps ppl from amassing in one location or coastguarding.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 10:53 PM by Cadebrennus
Riac wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 8:53 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Riac wrote:

the point is, having one chokepoint/bottle neck that everyone has to run through is not exactly a good thing. imagine being a minority force and then they just sit there and keep you in your pk? it sucked then and would suck again. having multiple ports w/ boats giving ease of travel is a much better feature. imo, we need more features that add to either ease of travel or provide an incentive to travel. anything that keeps ppl from amassing in one location or coastguarding.

I agree. It is fun though, to be an effective force that disrupts a playstyle that negatively affects the server.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 3:52 PM by Uthred
Just a short info: The voting will end in about 24h from now. So if you didnt vote yet and if you have a char which is atleast lvl 50 and rr 3, type ingame /vote to see the different options and let us know what your opinion is on this topic.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 4:04 PM by Oox
Use the solo keeps! No one uses those, and it would create the same congregating, but without the puppy guarding!
Fri 14 Feb 2020 1:06 AM by pollojack
Forlornhope wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 11:43 AM
Sushi wrote:

Make it past the 3-5 stealth albs at AMG to get a good vantage on solos coming out of APK. Enjoy Friars adding, Clerics Adding, Necros Adding, Scouts Adding.

I must agree. Please no on OF. Maybe make that the 3-8 man duel zone as that was all it was good for.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 1:11 AM by pollojack
Cadebrennus wrote:
Riac wrote:
Crazyphader wrote:

Oh man, I was with a hib stealth zerg that formed because albs wouldn't stop stealth zerging. Our 8 man camped AMG hard AND took out an actual visi 8 man. I saw them and was like shit, move move, and this one dude leeeeroys and perfs so we had to go all in. That one dude that got perfed was perfed like 4 times and dropped. Was hilarious. Completely unfair to the solo/small albs we killed though and only happened because OF is so poorly designed that a scout can add to half the fights that happen in OF by being on either side of AMG.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 6:17 AM by Cadebrennus
pollojack wrote:
Fri 14 Feb 2020 1:11 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Riac wrote:

Oh man, I was with a hib stealth zerg that formed because albs wouldn't stop stealth zerging. Our 8 man camped AMG hard AND took out an actual visi 8 man. I saw them and was like shit, move move, and this one dude leeeeroys and perfs so we had to go all in. That one dude that got perfed was perfed like 4 times and dropped. Was hilarious. Completely unfair to the solo/small albs we killed though and only happened because OF is so poorly designed that a scout can add to half the fights that happen in OF by being on either side of AMG.

Our technique was to get one or two stealthers in a single group with high MoS, rest all Visis (total group size 5-8) and just hunt down the stealthzergs that were literally 8-20 people strong. We did that because the stealthzergs would camp the box/rubble collection points and steamroll the solos and duos with their 8 to 20 stealthers.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 3:07 PM by Chihuahua
Can we add task ticks for fairfights between 8man, smallman and solo? Fairfight between 8man gets rp bonus, similar logic should work for smallman and solo and on top of that 30 minute task ticks for doing it, just like attack/defend systems work.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 3:12 PM by Uthred
The voting has been closed now. Thanks to everyone who took part. The result is the following:

690 votes = 73, 56% "Look into alternatives"
248 votes = 26,44% "Keep it as is"

Result is pretty clear: The majority of the players is interested in having additional/new and/or reworked points of interest.

What is going to happen next?
Im going to close this thread now, so that the result of the voting is easy to find and wont be spammed away in a further discussion.
There is a new thread where you can write down any ideas or suggestions about new points of interest.

You can find the new thread here --> https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12507
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics