Start everyone at realm rank 1L4!!!

Started 11 Nov 2019
by Fribrand
in Suggestions
Well...
I would actually give 1L1 at lvl 5, 1L2 at lvl 10, 1L3 at lvl 15 and 1L4 at lvl 20.

Reasons:

1) In the beginning... everyone was able to get to 1L4 very quickly.
All they had to do was run out into the frontier and die a few times and... bang 1L4.
All the new people should be able to have the same benefit as the original ones... no?

2) It is a quality of life improvement.
The PVE only people should get more than 1 realm point to make their play easier... no?
Those who want to PVP can no longer get any realm points at all until at least level 20.

3) This will close the realm point gap some in Thid.
It used to be from 1L1 to 1L4... now it is 1L1 to 2L9? That is quite a difference.
Thid should cap at 2L4 instead of 2L9... but that is for a different thread.

Maybe it is difficult to spread out the 4 points at different levels?
If so... just give all 4 at level 5 like the 1 free point currently does.

You don't even need to put this to a vote...
It is such a great and easily understood idea.
Just make it so...
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:07 PM by Freedomcall
You can follow zerg, just hang around while they take tower/keeps and leech rps jfyi
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:25 PM by Wolfir666
Well i understand the idea itself, and in truth it also isn't a huge thing and also wouldnt hurt anybody, so personally i can also agree with that suggestion.

But i've to also admit, that i dont care much about Thidranki, and as soon as you get the first participation-task with lvl 35 (usually while either turning in snow/soil/branches or by being ganked while xping) you jump up to 1L4-6 anyways directly.

But yes, MCL for example would be a nice addition earlier than that during the XP-process.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 10:19 PM by Fribrand
Wolfir666 wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:25 PM
Well i understand the idea itself, and in truth it also isn't a huge thing and also wouldnt hurt anybody, so personally i can also agree with that suggestion.

Thx...

This isn't asking for much... Just wanting to get what anyone who cared to was able to get at start of server.

And... this helps people who skip BGs altogether more than those who join in at Thid.
Those who join in Thid are able to start getting additional RPs at 20-24.
Those who do not will have to level all the way to 35 with only 1 RP.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 10:29 PM by Freedomcall
Fribrand wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 10:19 PM
Wolfir666 wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:25 PM

Thx...

This isn't asking for much... Just wanting to get what anyone who cared to was able to get at start of server.

And... this helps people who skip BGs altogether more than those who join in at Thid.
Those who join in Thid are able to start getting additional RPs at 20-24.
Those who do not will have to level all the way to 35 with only 1 RP.

Well, you don't need to go to BG for rp.
You don't get task tick until 35, but still get all the rp rewards(keeptake, realm task reward, etc).
That means you can still get 850+ rp at lvl1 if you take a keep. Minimum rp reward for tower should be 150ish afaik, so just join the zerg for 2 towers and you'll get enough rps for base RAs such as MCL.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 10:34 PM by Riac
this is crazy to me. 1L4 is literally 350 rps..... the amount of effort it takes to get 350 rps is next to none, and yet you cannot be bothered to put forth the effort and want it given to you for free. in the amount of time it took you to rationalize the notion that you are entitled to 350 rps and write this post, you could have just gotten the rps the normal way.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 11:12 PM by Fribrand
Well... I was under the impression that u could not get RPs in Frontiers until level 35.
Even if u can, I didn't think the Dev's wanted low level alts running in the Frontiers?

It is not very many points... but that is why it shouldn't be a problem to grant them.

I can... and will... run all my alts out there at lvl 10 and try not to die while mooching RPs if I have to.
I got a lot of alts...
Tue 12 Nov 2019 12:24 AM by Riac
you can get rps in all the normal ways, you just wont get any free rps from task stuff.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 1:34 PM by Razur Ur
You get 1L4 on 5 minutes frontier o_O what is your problem?
Tue 12 Nov 2019 2:12 PM by gotwqqd
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 1:34 PM
So then the op is valid in asking.... it’s a QoL thing that something so easy basic can be given out right away. Instead of having to go find the Zerg and join for the five minutes
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:33 PM by Fribrand
Razur Ur wrote:

At what level???

We used to run out into the frontier at around level 12 and die 2 times to get 1L4.
Most people would buy Tireless, Long Wind & Serenity and then go back to leveling.
Some would continue to run around in the frontier and upset some of the elitists.

The Dev's seemed to not want low level people running around the frontier upsetting their core RVR people.
I believe that is why the changed the task requirement to level 35...?
They did not do anything to give the new people the same advantages that the original people had (1L4).

Granting the 350ish realm points across lvls 10, 15 & 20 will have no impact on 99% of the game above level 35.
It will give people who are leveling a QoL improvement with those 3 abilities.
It is not like asking to get Vanish or Purge2 for free. It is a small ask.

Do you really want level 10 alts running around in tower/keep takes?
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:57 PM by Riac
Fribrand wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:33 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

At what level???

We used to run out into the frontier at around level 12 and die 2 times to get 1L4.
Most people would buy Tireless, Long Wind & Serenity and then go back to leveling.
Some would continue to run around in the frontier and upset some of the elitists.

The Dev's seemed to not want low level people running around the frontier upsetting their core RVR people.
They did not do anything to give the new people the same advantages that the original people had (1L4).

Granting the 350ish realm points across lvls 10, 15 & 20 will have no impact on 99.999% of the game.

at any lvl.... just because something is easy to get doesnt mean it should be given for free.

its not that the devs dont want low lvl ppl running around in rvr, but i def dont think they intended for low lvls do ALL of their lvling through task credits, like was the case in of. ppl were sub 50 and rr5. it was a flawed system and a pain in the ass being kept in combat by greys.... the occasional dude runnning around to get 1l4 is hardly a disruption, like the previously mentioned greys that lived in emain.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 4:24 PM by Razur Ur
Fribrand wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:33 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

At what level???

Granting the 350ish realm points across lvls 10, 15 & 20 will have no impact on 99% of the game above level 35.

For what give Battle Ground? Farming Guards or kill Enemys give nice rp´s too.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:27 AM by Azrael
Mh, and why we stop at 1L4? I want lw, tireless, serenity, mcl and pr for my healer. It would be qol and do not affect any lvl 50.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 10:04 AM by Bicstor
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 2:12 PM
So then the op is valid in asking.... it’s a QoL thing that something so easy basic can be given out right away. Instead of having to go find the Zerg and join for the five minutes

It is a thin edge of the wedge though. What happens in 2 months time, when someone says "Hey why dont we just do it so at lvl 20 you get rr1, 30 you get rr2, 40 you are gifted rr3 and 50 you are rr4?"
As others have mentioned its not hard to get 1L4, if someone wants it they can go get it with a small amount of time invested to do so.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 11:23 AM by Wolfir666
Bicstor wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 10:04 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

It is a thin edge of the wedge though. What happens in 2 months time, when someone says "Hey why dont we just do it so at lvl 20 you get rr1, 30 you get rr2, 40 you are gifted rr3 and 50 you are rr4?"
As others have mentioned its not hard to get 1L4, if someone wants it they can go get it with a small amount of time invested to do so.

That's actually true though. After 1l4 it wouldn't take long to ask for 1l7 (lw tireless purge1) or 2l0 +mcl or 2l2 (lw tireless purge2).
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:39 PM by gotwqqd
Wolfir666 wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 11:23 AM
Bicstor wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 10:04 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

That's actually true though. After 1l4 it wouldn't take long to ask for 1l7 (lw tireless purge1) or 2l0 +mcl or 2l2 (lw tireless purge2).
Purge really isn’t needed to help with leveling
LW/tireless/serenity/mcl all greatly help levelers
Purge is really only needed for rvr
Sat 16 Nov 2019 5:29 PM by Fribrand
Azrael wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:27 AM
Mh, and why we stop at 1L4? I want lw, tireless, serenity, mcl and pr for my healer. It would be qol and do not affect any lvl 50.

Because... This is the level that people could easily obtain at the start of this server...
If u died once in frontiers... u got 1L3... if u died a 2nd time (in different timer tick) u got up to 1L4.
This is what everyone who wanted it was granted at any level...

My proposal would be at 5, 10, 15 and 20.
Slower than we were allowed originally.
We already get 1L1 at level 5 as a reward for leveling to 5?

After level 20... u can get RPs in the battlegrounds.
There are no BG options for people until level 20-24.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 10:08 AM by Lipsi
Why would you want LW+tireless for sub levels 20 ? This is not even the level requirement to drink endo potions, so what's the point if you can't perma sprint anyway? Is serenity 1 really worth debating this, when there are tinderboxes for hugely faster regeneration ?
I don't see the QoL improvement in this suggestion, especially it is still very easy to get to level 20 and unlock battleground.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 10:18 AM by Lipsi
gotwqqd wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

I don't agree with this statement. Even major accomplishment can be splitted in low consuming, basic and easy sub-tasks. It doesn't mean it should be given for free.
- get level 5 is easy and done in 5 minutes
- get your epic armor is easy and done in 5 minutes
- unlocking DS and HoH instances with Paul quest is easy and done in 5 minutes
- each of the mastercraftman's quest is easy and done in 5 minutes
- each of the 4 runs for the SI quest is easy and done in 5 minutes (and yet you need to do it 4 times :p)
- any single epic mob giving credit is easy and done in 5 minutes (if enough players)
- breaking tower doors and killing a tower lord is easy and done in 5 minutes (yesterday 50 seconds to kill Nott's Central Keep lord)
- each yellow con mobs is easy and done within seconds, yet ultimately, this is how you get to level 50
- many rvr tasks are easy and give RPs, and ultimately you could get to rr12 with enough repetitions ...
Mon 18 Nov 2019 10:45 PM by Fribrand
eh... nm... I'll go play some other game.

It has become increasingly difficult to level alts and I get bored and want to try something new often.
I am keeping my stuff... and will log on enough to keep my houses.
I wont level any more alts but will occasionally log on to play a bit in Thid because of what I already have.

But, for the most part... I will play games that I find more enjoyable... because games are supposed to be fun.

It has been a week and there are mostly 2 types of responses:
(1) It is a good thing for QoL even though it is a small ask.
(2) It is so small that it doesn't even matter, so why ask for it.

The reality is that it DOES help in leveling from 10 to 24, or 10 to 35, or 10 to 50 depending on your preferred objective.
So... U should do it!!!
But, I don't really care much anymore.
Mon 18 Nov 2019 11:28 PM by Freedomcall
Fribrand wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 10:45 PM

It has become increasingly difficult to level alts and I get bored and want to try something new often.
I wont level any more alts but will occasionally log on to play a bit in Thid because of what I already have.

But, for the most part... I will play games that I find more enjoyable... because games are supposed to be fun.

The reality is that it DOES help in leveling from 10 to 24, or 10 to 35, or 10 to 50 depending on your preferred objective.
So... U should do it!!!

Too bad spending 10 minutes to reach 1L4 was demanding for you.
I hope new game you'll play is easy enough.
Tue 19 Nov 2019 1:54 PM by Fribrand
Freedomcall wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 11:28 PM

It is more about time than ease.
Not time at lvl 50... but time at lvl 10+.
I forgive you for not being empathetic enough to understand.

I have been ignoring u... because... well... some peeps deserve to be ignored.
The declining server population may not be because of people like u?
It can't be your fault... right?

btw... what r u going to do when the server population is down to u & 9 other dumb/mean people?
Wed 20 Nov 2019 2:53 AM by gotwqqd
Freedomcall wrote:
Fribrand wrote:

So... U should do it!!!

It ain’t ten minutes.
I joined a bg to up my rr
I was upfront and asked a dozen plus times for invite so I had speed.
What happens is unless the objectives are very close to where you can port, you are basically always arriving late for tower credit. Not saying it can’t be done but it’s not ideal.
Wed 20 Nov 2019 5:25 AM by Riac
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 2:53 AM
Freedomcall wrote:
Fribrand wrote:

So... U should do it!!!

It ain’t ten minutes.
What happens is unless the objectives are very close to where you can port, you are basically always arriving late for tower credit. Not saying it can’t be done but it’s not ideal.

go leech w/ the coastguard. are you really going to pretend its hard to get 350 rps?
Wed 20 Nov 2019 7:19 AM by gotwqqd
Riac wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 5:25 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:
It ain’t ten minutes.

go leech w/ the coastguard. are you really going to pretend its hard to get 350 rps?
Do you read...
Wed 20 Nov 2019 8:43 AM by Wolfir666
gotwqqd wrote:
It ain’t ten minutes.

I'm sorry but ive to disagree here.
You absolutely need no invite to get RvR-Tasks done!
I often did run inside the BG without group until lvl 50 just following the zerg with Realm-speed and endu3-pot and Tireless/LW (RR1L2 needed for that and lvl 30+, thats true)
And if you are below lvl 30, so you can't do it like that, you are grey to most enemies, so they usually won't even jump on you when you go solo to a attack/defend-keep with using a boat, as coastguard usually doesnt kill greys (yes, usually).
So just go to the docks, grab a boat, disembark close to the attack-/defend-keep, get killed by guards or participate in defending against all those, that do exactly the same on the opposite side.

I never asked for a group to get any RvR-credits, and you also dont need to run with the BG for that, only if you want to have more RvR-tasks done like raiding 3 towers or killing 25 guards and so on.
Wed 20 Nov 2019 8:57 AM by Wolfir666
Lipsi wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 10:18 AM
- each of the mastercraftman's quest is easy and done in 5 minutes
- each of the 4 runs for the SI quest is easy and done in 5 minutes (and yet you need to do it 4 times :p)

1) well, the EV-quests aren't so quickly done, as you first need to get there alive without being killed.
2) not on Midgard... ever did SI-quest on Midgard? I still don't get, why the stupid Mob is placed in the middle of nowhere with a lot of running towards there, and adds all around it, that make kiting very hard. Ofc, if you are talking about doing it together with a Skald, yes, then its fast, but solo, 5min.. not with most of the classes
Wed 20 Nov 2019 11:46 AM by Sepplord
Wolfir666 wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 8:43 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
It ain’t ten minutes.

I'm sorry but ive to disagree here.
You absolutely need no invite to get RvR-Tasks done!
I often did run inside the BG without group until lvl 50 just following the zerg with Realm-speed and endu3-pot and Tireless/LW (RR1L2 needed for that and lvl 30+, thats true)
And if you are below lvl 30, so you can't do it like that, you are grey to most enemies, so they usually won't even jump on you when you go solo to a attack/defend-keep with using a boat, as coastguard usually doesnt kill greys (yes, usually).
So just go to the docks, grab a boat, disembark close to the attack-/defend-keep, get killed by guards or participate in defending against all those, that do exactly the same on the opposite side.

I never asked for a group to get any RvR-credits, and you also dont need to run with the BG for that, only if you want to have more RvR-tasks done like raiding 3 towers or killing 25 guards and so on.

there are no RvR tasks for people under lvl35...
riding a boat and suiciding into guards does nothing for you at lowlevel

you need to leach a kill and/or an objective to get rewards (which is still easy to do if wanted, but there is no guaranteed payout which many dislike doing it)
Wed 20 Nov 2019 12:44 PM by Freedomcall
gotwqqd wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:
Fribrand wrote:

So... U should do it!!!

It ain’t ten minutes.

I have always done this regardless of realm with my alts cuz I like lvling my chars with basic RAs.
I usually get ser1, mcl1 for caster/supporters, pr1 with healers, mob3+ with shields even before lvl20.
Sometimes I joined the zerg right after char creation when I find bg of my realm is retaking keeps atm.
You don't need grps or any friends to accomplish your rp leeching.
No BG these days regulate lvl1 to join their BG chat(I remember some leaders did that in the past, that green troll BD whose name I don't remember).
You can open your realm map and have all the infos via /bc or discord, get a boat/realm speed even at lvl1.

You have realm speed, why do you miss the next tower credit?
That only happens when the tower is not claimed or you move a long way such as from beno spire to ren tower.
You are also far safer than lvl35+ running alone.
You are mostly safe from stealthers cuz they know revealing himself just to kill gray is a dangerous act for himself.
I have seen lots of smallmen/8mans just pass away after they realized i'm gray, cuz they don't want to waste their time messing with a gray.
The more great thing is, even if you get killed, you lose nothing and you can just grab a realm speed/boat for free and try again.
That doesn't take much time.

Of course RP gain is not ideal compared to lvl35+, cuz you don't get any task credit for 30min tick.
But RP gain from taking a tower/keep is just as same as lvl50 and, actually, who cares RP/hour at lvl1?
All you need is to leech few hundred arpees and go back to lvling.
If you see the BG is trying a keep? Join them, and BOOM! and you are instantly 1L5.
Wed 20 Nov 2019 1:03 PM by Freedomcall
Fribrand wrote:
Tue 19 Nov 2019 1:54 PM
Freedomcall wrote:

It is more about time than ease.
Not time at lvl 50... but time at lvl 10+.
I forgive you for not being empathetic enough to understand.

I have been ignoring u... because... well... some peeps deserve to be ignored.
The declining server population may not be because of people like u?
It can't be your fault... right?

btw... what r u going to do when the server population is down to u & 9 other dumb/mean people?

If you are lvl50, you don't even need 10 minutes to reach 1L4.
I said 10 minutes considering you were lvl10.
Speaking of dumb/mean, I think blaming not-giving 1L4 for population decrease is the dumbest excuse i've ever read in Phoenix forum.
Talk to your guildies/friends you left a freeshard just because they didn't give 1L4 for free.
It is laughable.
Wed 20 Nov 2019 4:00 PM by Fribrand
I can almost never find anyone taking keeps/towers...
So, I logged in at lunch time.

I found a group attacking a tower and was actually able to get there before they took it.
I laid down my 15 shrooms in front of the tower and waited for them to finish taking it.
The Animist in their group yelled something at me... but it was in a foreign language.
Everyone was resisting my shrooms because I am low level but that was OK with me.
I tried to put down a catapult to help them... but, I couldn't use it.

Anyway... it was taking a long time for them to take the tower.
So, an enemy group showed up and killed them all... but left me alone.
I had to wait for them to come back and take the tower so i could get credit.
But, They never showed up again.

I later saw another tower under attack so i started running there...
But, a level 50 SB killed me.
I asked for a rezz but there was no one around... so I released.

I started to run to the tower again but they captured it before I got there.
It was getting late so I had to quit and go back to work.
Wed 20 Nov 2019 5:24 PM by Freedomcall
Fribrand wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 4:00 PM

I found a group attacking a tower and was actually able to get there before they took it.
I laid down my 15 shrooms in front of the tower and waited for them to finish taking it.
The Animist in their group yelled something at me... but it was in a foreign language.
Everyone was resisting my shrooms because I am low level but that was OK with me.
I tried to put down a catapult to help them... but, I couldn't use it.

Anyway... it was taking a long time for them to take the tower.
So, an enemy group showed up and killed them all... but left me alone.
I had to wait for them to come back and take the tower so i could get credit.
But, They never showed up again.

I later saw another tower under attack so i started running there...
But, a level 50 SB killed me.
I asked for a rezz but there was no one around... so I released.

I started to run to the tower again but they captured it before I got there.
It was getting late so I had to quit and go back to work.

Emotional story bro. I'd also like to share a story of a lvl1 warrior.

[01:28:29]
I just created a char and started to record chat log.

[01:28:31] 1) Maxistoo <Dark Templars> the Level 50 Berserker in Emain Macha [BG]
/who bg. Cool there is a bg in Emain. Opened my realm war map and checked flames on crim keep. This is a great chance to leech.

[01:28:34] You join the battle group.
[01:28:37] There are currently 33 members in your battlegroup.
Joined the BG.

[01:28:39] You examine Hastener. He is friendly towards you.
[01:28:39] Hastener casts a spell!
Use hastener for free!

[01:28:45] You have entered Odin's Gate.
[01:28:45] (Region) You have entered Bledmeer Faste.
Ported to Bled.

[01:28:58] @@[BattleGroup] Thrice: "where is the bg at?"
[01:29:04] @@[BattleGroup] Thaneal: "crim"
OK. Someone asks where the bg is, and they say they are at crim. Confirmed.

[01:29:37] You target [Dockmaster of Odin's Gate].
[01:29:37] You examine Dockmaster of Odin's Gate. She is friendly towards you and is a merchant.
I arrived at dock, took a boat to crim.

[01:30:40] @@[BattleGroup] Maxistoo: "leave keep"
[01:30:45] @@[BattleGroup] Maxistoo: "east"
What?!?!? This can't be happening?!?!? I'm already on boat!

[01:31:35] You prepare to sprint!
I've arrived at crim drop. sprinted for maybe 10 sec cuz i don't have lw nor tireless.

[01:32:12] (Region) You have entered Dun Crimthain Watchtower.
[01:32:33] Hastener casts a spell!
I'm not sure where BG went but anyway got a new speed at Crim wt.
They said they were heading east. Let's try to find them from east.

[01:33:19] (Region) You have entered Dun Crimthain Guardtower.
Oh, they were attacking crim gt. I was lucky they didn't go far. I enter crim gt.

[01:33:30] Adreanna casts a spell!
[01:33:30] Your weapon begins channeling the strength of the earth.
[01:33:33] You target [Adreanna].
[01:33:33] You examine Adreanna. She is a member of the Shaman class in your realm.
[01:33:33] Adreanna flexes at you!
[01:33:37] You bow to Adreanna.
This cool shaman welcomes me with dmg add. What a nice guy!
I just stand next to the healers at the corner of the tower.
They don't give a thing about me slacking.
I'm apparently a leecher cuz everyone can see I'm naked with no armor.

[01:34:32] @@[BattleGroup] Maxistoo: "all up"
Door opened and everyone rushes to kill some defenders.
There was less than a grp of hibs defending, and that was the reason I didn't get into a ram.
I carefully follow them not to get dmg from any twf, etc.

[01:35:27] You attack Tower Captain with your training axe and hit for 1 damage! (Damage Modifier: 10)
I also managed to tag lord after 3 misses. But tagging the lord is not mandatory.

[01:36:27] Tower Captain dies.
[01:36:27] XP Base: 11 (100.00% of cap)
XP Instance Bonus: 6 (53%)
XP Frontier Bonus: 3 (30%)
XP Realm Task Bonus: 15 (140%)
XP Mob Type Bonus: 16 (150%)
XP RvR Score Bonus: 5 (47.064%)
You gain a total of 56 experience points.
[01:36:27] You raise to level 2!
[01:36:27] You get 2 more Specialization Points to spend at this level!
[01:36:27] Your hits raise by 26 points.
[01:36:27] You have earned 6 merit points for your guild!
[01:36:27] You received Phoenix Claw as your reward!
[01:36:27] You received 3 Branch of Hibernia as your reward!
[01:36:27] Tower Captain drops a bag of coins.
[01:36:27] Tower Captain's strength returns to normal.
[01:36:27] Tower Captain looks healthy again.
[01:36:27] Tower Captain's infection clears up.
[01:36:27] You get an additional 75 realm points for owning more than 7 keeps!
[01:36:27] You get 700 realm points!
[01:36:27] You have gained a realm level!
[01:36:27] You received 110 Phoenix Feather as your reward!
[01:36:27] The forces of Midgard led by Maxistoo have captured Dun Crimthain Guardtower!
[01:36:27] Sparadrap II has lost control of Dun Crimthain Guardtower!
Lord is down and I was rewarded for 700 rp just for being a slacker in the tower.
Tagging the lord also made me raise to lvl2

[01:36:32] Pacificatrice howls in victory to you!
[01:36:33] Adreanna howls in victory to you!
These cool dudes congrats me for becoming lvl2. Thank you guys!

Now I'm 1L4. I trained lw, tireless, MoBlock2. Now I can sprint further!
I can either continue to leech for more arpees or just suicide anywhere to start my lvling.

My story and your story both came from real experience.
Maybe you were too unfortunate and I was too lucky.
But at least everyone can see that becoming 1L4 even as a lvl1 doesn't require any difficult skills nor too much time to accomplish.
Wed 20 Nov 2019 6:09 PM by Riac
Freedomcall wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 5:24 PM
Fribrand wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 4:00 PM

But at least everyone can see that becoming 1L4 even as a lvl1 doesn't require any difficult skills nor too much time to accomplish.

but, but, but,.... i cant ever find anyone taking keeps.....

fucking rofl. thats all any of these ppl do on this server. just pve doors. the fact that you cant find them tells me that you arent putting forth any effort, or you dont know how the bgs work nor how to join with / commands, or just plain dumb as hell. all of which are your problem and gl fixing them.
Wed 20 Nov 2019 7:29 PM by Fribrand
Freedomcall wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:07 PM
You can follow zerg, just hang around while they take tower/keeps and leech rps jfyi

Wait... wait... wait... I can just walk over to the area and stand there and do nothing...
And, I will get awarded 1L4 for just standing there.
I don't have to defeat anyone or even damage anyone???

That sounds dumb. We should not give people 1L4 for doing nothing but stand there...
You might as well just give it to them for free at the beginning...?
Wed 20 Nov 2019 8:08 PM by Riac
Fribrand wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 7:29 PM
Freedomcall wrote:

Wait... wait... wait... I can just walk over to the area and stand there and do nothing...
And, I will get awarded 1L4 for just standing there.
I don't have to defeat anyone or even damage anyone???

That sounds dumb. We should not give people 1L4 for doing nothing but stand there...
You might as well just give it to them for free at the beginning...?

this is exactly why you cant give ppl shit lol. since things require small amounts of effort to get they should just given to you for no effort.... well since we are starting down this trail here are some things that i would like that require little effort to do or get. feel free to extend the list.

i no longer want to ride horses, since it doesnt take much effort i think they waiting for my char to arrive is unnecessary and i should just be able to port to every location including to the ent of DF.
i no longer want to ride boats, i should just be able to port to the drop off.
i no longer want to repair my armor or recharge my gear, it should be done for me when i log on.
i should just be given 10g for making a new char since 10g isnt hard to get.
i no longer want to poison my weapons, its easy to do and there for should just be done for me.
i dont want to have to lvl from 1-10 anymore, its easy to do and should just be free to me.
i dont want to have to salvage loot anymore, its easy to do and therefore should just be done for me.
horse tickets are free, but i want the merchant to give me the 5 silver when i ride. 5 silver is easy to get, therefore has no value and should just be given to me whenever i want.
i also want r10. since rps arent hard to get, just give them to me.
idk, i cant think of anymore dumb shit.

i thought this guy was quitting anyways? i would say can i have your stuff, but you probably dont have shit anyways and im already rich lol
Wed 20 Nov 2019 9:53 PM by Fribrand
Let me ask all u Negative Nanci's the only question that matters:

HOW WOULD THIS HURT YOU?

Most of the time the Devs have to decided if something should be implemented to help/hurt 1 group at the expense/benefit of others.
All of the people who have complained have said this is so small that it is bad to ask for.
That being the case... How can any of u now say that it will HURT you?

As I have said before:
If it helps some, and hurts none, and is easy to implement... it should be implemented.
Wed 20 Nov 2019 9:58 PM by Riac
Fribrand wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 9:53 PM

HOW WOULD THIS HURT YOU?

Most of the time the Devs have to decided if something should be implemented to help/hurt 1 group at the expense/benefit of others.
All of the people who have complained have said this is so small that it is bad to ask for.
That being the case... How can any of u now say that it will HURT you?

As I have said before:
If it helps some, and hurts none, and is easy to implement... it should be implemented.

your right, by that same logic all of those things i mentioned should be implemented too, they dont hurt anyone either.
especailly they one where i get r10 for free lol.
how long are you going to pretend getting 350 rps is hard?
Wed 20 Nov 2019 11:57 PM by Bicstor
Fribrand wrote:

HOW WOULD THIS HURT YOU?

It does hurt people, it would devalue the effort/work they have done to achieve whatever it is you suddenly get for free. Its not just about material/skill/ability gains in game.
You have been given a scenario on how to achieve what you need and anecdotal evidence that it is possible. Which is pretty much the same amount of effort that was needed to achieve it in the early days. Judging from Freedomcall's story he had a pleasent experience achieving it as well.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 1:15 AM by Fribrand
Bicstor wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 11:57 PM
It does hurt people, it would devalue the effort/work they have done to achieve whatever it is you suddenly get for free. Its not just about material/skill/ability gains in game.

I hear you... I hate when games make you spend 3+ weeks to get something and later give the same thing (or only a slightly modified thing) to people for free. That sux and should be avoided. That is not what this would be... The Negative Nanci's just make it sound that way.

In this case...
1. The reward is not actually free... people already earn 1L1 at level 5. This would be rewarding people with 1L2 at level 10, 1L3 at level 15 and 1L4 at level 20. No one actually gets anything for free. You just earn it by leveling instead of standing in the right spot for 10 minutes.
2. The reward here is an amount of RPs they say they have earned by going to a tower/keep take and standing around. Even the Negative Nanci's have said that it is a pathetically easy amount to earn. There is no diminishing your work here because it actually takes more work to level than it does to follow the zerg.
3. Some people don't want to run out into the RVR world and act silly to leech RPs. In all actuality... I don't think the Devs want that either. It doesn't hurt you to let people level in a method that they prefer instead of the way some people seem intent on forcing them into.

I can only think that these people want to have grays around so they can feel good about killing young-lings?

Some will argue that you shouldn't get RPs while leveling... but... you get XP while RVRing don't you?

Peace
Thu 21 Nov 2019 2:12 AM by gotwqqd
Bicstor wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 11:57 PM
Fribrand wrote:

HOW WOULD THIS HURT YOU?

You have been given a scenario on how to achieve what you need and anecdotal evidence that it is possible. Which is pretty much the same amount of effort that was needed to achieve it in the early days. Judging from Freedomcall's story he had a pleasent experience achieving it as well.

Please people that started on the server were able to get participation from level one not level 35
Thu 21 Nov 2019 3:06 AM by Azrael
I want rps every time I login because I accomplished to successfully hit the login button, I earned it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

edit: Do we really talk about to getting 1l4 for free? If devs make it so, what do you want next week?
edit2: Do not pretend that is all what you want and all your needs a fulfilled. imho best example is the realm switch timer if you compare it with the discussion on uthgard where "everybody" said it would be so nice if its would be only 24 hours. That is all what they need so you can swap next day. On this server they qq about 24 hours.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 8:37 AM by Bicstor
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 2:12 AM
Please people that started on the server were able to get participation from level one not level 35

And Freedomcall went out at lvl 1 and with minimal effort got 1L4 in approx ten minutes. Fair enough he didnt get participation credit on the tick, but he contributed and achieved what he wanted, rather than just going out and swinging at a lvl 50 or dieing to a guard, then waiting for tick.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 12:44 PM by Lipsi
Freedomcall wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 5:24 PM
I just created a char and started to record chat log.

Now I'm 1L4. I trained lw, tireless, MoBlock2. Now I can sprint further!
I can either continue to leech for more arpees or just suicide anywhere to start my lvling.

Tested and approved.
Logged in as a druid level 7. Joined BG Pilzpower. Ported to Albion (if you don't have a straight port to a foreign CK, you can also use castle Solo porters)
Sticked for a first tower. 5 minutes and reached 1L4.
Sticked for a second tower. 3 minutes more and reached 1L5.
Released and /trained Perfect recovery.
Thu 28 Nov 2019 11:38 PM by falcon
Freedomcall wrote:

+1 need 15s to be 1L4 (Doing yesterday) no need to do any spell or hit a guard just be near tower, not fast enough ? :p
Fri 29 Nov 2019 8:14 AM by Sepplord
falcon wrote:
Thu 28 Nov 2019 11:38 PM
Freedomcall wrote:

+1 need 15s to be 1L4 (Doing yesterday) no need to do any spell or hit a guard just be near tower, not fast enough ? :p

Living in star-align-land must be wonderful
Thu 5 Dec 2019 4:45 AM by lolhisup
This would work on Alb but since Gorion isn't here to play anymore, from like 5PM to maybe 4AM EST or so, nothing ever happens. There is no keep take BG. Just sit and watch Albion burn and watch mids that have 2x, 3x the numbers run in and take all the keeps and whatever relics we might have.

For some reason people on Alb refuse to group. I feel like HelloOOOLllOOOO This is MMO RPG. This is not instanced combat.

There is this like silent code where on Alb, to fit in, you can't say anything. You can't have ideas. The only thing you can do, is Stick. Definitely don't complain or ask questions, that will upset people. Instead, to be a cool person on Alb, you have to go out there solo. And spend 30 minutes traveling to a destination just to get run over by 3FG. And then, you have to brag about it in Region. WHOA GUYS IM SOOO COOL I WENT OUT AND DIED 30 TIMES FOR ZERO REASON LMAO WOW IM SO AMAZING. And then all the albs do their little silent alb clap where they just rub two fingers together slightly in appreciation of such a magnificent feat. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE DISCIPLINE REQUIRED TO RUN OUT AND SPEND ALL THE TIME TAKING 50 BOATS AND DYING 100 TIMES IN A ROW FOR ZERO REASON? MY GOD. PRAISE ALBION.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:26 AM by falcon
lolhisup wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 4:45 AM
This would work on Alb but since Gorion isn't here to play anymore, from like 5PM to maybe 4AM EST or so, nothing ever happens. There is no keep take BG. Just sit and watch Albion burn and watch mids that have 2x, 3x the numbers run in and take all the keeps and whatever relics we might have.

For some reason people on Alb refuse to group. I feel like HelloOOOLllOOOO This is MMO RPG. This is not instanced combat...

U said yourself, DAOC is an MMORPG, no begin no end, no time to respect, most people (75% ?) are from Europe on Phoenix, so if you are from US or ASIA, you will find only empty keeps (we are in bed, no need to knock at doors we will not wake up :p )
US players so bored to play 4vs4vs4 are all reroll mid, only zerg avaiable after 2:00 am -> their choices, but they will play alone ^^

About grouping, I never group in RVR (I spent 25% of my time in towers waiting, eating, watching TV with my TWF) and when I want action, I take my Wizard (just discovered he had aoe dots like my cabal !???) and play RVR (in zerg of course, daoc is a RVR game with greats battles 100vs100vs100 nothing else) no need to have speed or heal to have fun and good RP (50k/day) and be useful for my realm (especially in Attack/defense tower)

Sometimes I accept invitation but life duration of a group is about 12mn then everybody go elsewhere we are better alone :p
I don't see what I can give to a group (few RP maybe) no bubble, no heal no speed, only interesting group should be 8 WIZ with GTAOE assist :p <3

Maybe its time to wake up, and play a char u like to play even alone, DAOC is not facebook a place to chat more than fight (u have guild for that ^^)
Sat 7 Dec 2019 1:41 AM by lolhisup
I will never be able to communicate with you people. We just have had different experiences in life and no matter what I do, I can't reach you. It is like talking to someone that has only ever eaten Bread and only bread their entire life and you try to talk to them about jelly and butter with their toast. Good luck
Sat 7 Dec 2019 2:38 AM by Riac
lolhisup wrote:
Sat 7 Dec 2019 1:41 AM
I will never be able to communicate with you people. We just have had different experiences in life and no matter what I do, I can't reach you. It is like talking to someone that has only ever eaten Bread and only bread their entire life and you try to talk to them about jelly and butter with their toast. Good luck

nah, ppl hear you. they just dont agree lol
Sat 7 Dec 2019 6:29 PM by Chaskha
lolhisup wrote:
Sat 7 Dec 2019 1:41 AM

You like metaphors. I got one too (altough I'm not against your proposal per say): you're like a baby bird that mommy bird fed fat and now that you have to fly and may enjoy it, you prefer to sit there and tell mommy she is so unfair.

See, it's always easy to blame the others but
your point is: it's so easy you might as well got it for free.
their point is: why can't you even make a minimal effort.

You're right in a game balancing topic and guess what, no one is perfectly right.

I think there should be a rank 0L, 10 points to earn in various ways from level 1.
0L1: you have mezzed, rooted, nearsighted, stunned or damaged an enemy player OR you have healed a player during rvr combat
0L2: Crowd Control x5 / damage for 500 hp / healed 1000 hp
0L3: CC x 20 / damage 2000hp / healed 4000hp
0L4: CC x 100 / damage 10000hp / healed 20000hp
0L5: CC x 250 / damage 25000hp / healed 50000hp
Because, ultimately, I do agree that the first few points are most useful while leveling and therefore should be acquirable doing BGs. RAs should not be given but something intertwining pve and pvp earlier would be beneficial for the game experience
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics